What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I LOVE Elizabeth Warren: All aboard - WOO WOO!!! (3 Viewers)

• Silencing Elizabeth Warren backfires on Senate GOP

• Shutting Down Speech by Elizabeth Warren, G.O.P. Amplifies Her Message

• Bill Kristol

• Must we pretend @SenateMajLdr shutting down @SenWarren was politically smart, or even appropriate?

If the Democrats express outrage at every Trump move, it will desensitize moderates and make his job easier.  Keep up the good work though, Pocohontas!
Or it will keep the spark alive, kind of like the Tea Party movement.  They may not have been as vocal but they hated Obama with a passion.

So why were several male senators allowed to finish reading Ms. King's letter... and why were they not reprimanded in the same way as Warren?

So why were several male senators allowed to finish reading Ms. King's letter... and why were they not reprimanded in the same way as Warren?
Probably because the Republican leadership, while stupid enough to invoke Rule 19 in the first place, was smart enough not to do so a second time and a third time and a fourth time . . .

Probably because the Republican leadership, while stupid enough to invoke Rule 19 in the first place, was smart enough not to do so a second time and a third time and a fourth time . . .
Probably a lose/lose situation no matter how they handled it at that point. 

Reprimand the male senators and create a senatorial mutiny, or do nothing and look sexist, misogynistic, and just plain stupid.

Probably a lose/lose situation no matter how they handled it at that point. 

Reprimand the male senators and create a senatorial mutiny, or do nothing and look sexist, misogynistic, and just plain stupid.
That ship already sailed.  

In fairness, you have to be trying pretty hard to see this as sexism as opposed to just ordinary, run-of-the-mill idiocy.  It would have been far stupider for the Republicans to invoke Rule 19 against every single Democratic senator, which is where this was heading.  

I love Elizabeth Warren but I will be concerned if she's the Democratic nominee in 2020.  She seems to provoke a lot of hostility in middle America.  Sorta like Hillary.  I guess she also seems to inspire a lot of enthusiasm on the left, though, so maybe it wouldn't be a disaster. 

Al Franken is still at the top of my Senate Power Rankings right now.  Maybe Senator Strange will make an appearance on the list next month.  Love that name!

I love Elizabeth Warren but I will be concerned if she's the Democratic nominee in 2020.  She seems to provoke a lot of hostility in middle America. 
Where this come from?  Meaning, why is that?  I don't know.

Geez, sign me up for Franken, but I dunno if he would even make a dent.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Elizabeth Warren but I will be concerned if she's the Democratic nominee in 2020.  She seems to provoke a lot of hostility in middle America.  Sorta like Hillary.  I guess she also seems to inspire a lot of enthusiasm on the left, though, so maybe it wouldn't be a disaster. 

Al Franken is still at the top of my Senate Power Rankings right now.  Maybe Senator Strange will make an appearance on the list next month.  Love that name!
She isn't actually a very good speaker and has the tendency to turn everything into a rant.  Like Trump, maybe she could slide in under a unique set of circumstances, but it won't be in 2020.  I suspect people will be looking for a bit more normalcy by then.

If Democrats are going to primary any of their Senators, my dream would be for the Democrats to find somebody good in New Jersey to boot Bob Menendez.  We don't need a sleazy, ethically challenged Senator when we're making the argument that Trump is sleazy and ethically challenged.  I don't know enough about New Jersey politics to know if there's anyone solid waiting in the wings.

If Democrats are going to primary any of their Senators, my dream would be for the Democrats to find somebody good in New Jersey to boot Bob Menendez.  We don't need a sleazy, ethically challenged Senator when we're making the argument that Trump is sleazy and ethically challenged.  I don't know enough about New Jersey politics to know if there's anyone solid waiting in the wings.
Solid..... as is only a little corrupt?

Shilling is a doosh but he is predicted to unseat Warren in the mid terms.
Her approval ratings are down but she has a ton of $$ and the all important D after her name . It's always an uphill battle in MA for an R to unseat a dem. 

Schilling won't have support from the rino governor, the party only has a few seats so support would have to come from Trump. 

So if Trump is successful it will definitely help Curt & hurt the fake Indian

I'm sure New Jersey will tap one of the many upstanding, ethically unimpeachable political leaders they have waiting in the wings.

Warren's unconditional support of Israel really speaks to her progressive libzionist values. https://theintercept.com/2014/08/28/elizabeth-warren-speaks-israelgaza-sounds-like-netanyahu/.  

Warren even rejected a different voter’s suggestion that the U.S. force Israel to at least cease building illegal settlements by withholding further aid: “Noreen Thompsen, of Eastham, proposed that Israel should be prevented from building any more settlements as a condition of future U.S. funding, but Warren said, ‘I think there’s a question of whether we should go that far.'” 

What a disgrace.  

Basically dead kids only matter when a republican did it.  What a disgrace.  
If I didn't know you since yeller I'd guess you were an alias-troll. You were put on earth for a purpose. COD rage-quit vids.  Those rocked.  This... not so much. 

She's a liberal woman former college professor.  That's like three strikes right there.
I think it's actually that she (like HIllary) act like the beliefs held in middle America are 1) ignorant 2) wrong and/or 3) need to change.  "You can't feel that way, it's just not right."  They apply it to religious beliefs, personal beliefs, moral judgement.   F her (and them)

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
She is a real piece of work, vile & self promoting 

Elizabeth Warren rails vs. Obamacare replacement, but voted against cancer research bill

Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren says the GOP plan to replace Obama­care will hurt sick people yet she was among just a handful of senators to vote against a bipartisan Obama-sponsored health measure that’s targeting billions at medical research, including for her home state.

“A health care bill that destroys care & affordable coverage for millions — seriously? What planet are these guys living on?!” Warren tweeted yesterday about the President Trump-backed replacement to Obama­care. “It’s time to junk this cruel #Trump­care bill before massive numbers of Americans are hurt by it.”

But just three months ago, Warren voted against the 21st Century Cures Act, which received the backing of the majority of both Democrats and Republicans, and poured billions of dollars into research for cancer, Alz­heimer’s and other medical programs.

Massachusetts is also a major beneficiary of the bill she opposed that was nevertheless signed into law before President Barack Obama left office.

Warren’s “no” vote raises questions about whether she’s putting her loyalty to her progressive base ahead of her sworn obligations to her own constituents.

“It’s the same sort of discrepancy of voting for Ben Carson for secretary of Housing and voting against him when she put her finger in the wind and found out it wasn’t popular to her base of progressive Democrats,” said state Rep. Geoff Diehl, a former Trump campaign co-chairman, referring to Warren’s flip-flop on Carson after fielding a massive backlash from the far left.

Colin Reed, the executive director of America Rising, a Republican PAC, noted the difference between her stances compared to the late Massachusetts senator and liberal lion Edward M. Kennedy.

“This ideological extremism does not play well in Massachusetts,” Reed said.

“Look at Ted Kennedy. He’d go out and make his point, argue extremely progressive, liberal ideals and then get to work with Republicans and get things done. That’s how legislating works. That doesn’t seem like something Elizabeth Warren is terribly interested in,” he said.

Lacey Rose, a spokeswoman, said, “Senator Warren opposes the Republican health plan because it would increase health insurance costs for millions of Americans, take away coverage from Massachusetts families, hurt hospitals’ bottom lines and blow a hole in the state government’s budget.”

Warren, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and two other Democrats and one Republican voted against the Cures Act. She was also the only member of the Massachusetts delegation in both the House and Senate to vote against it.

Warren blasted the legislation at the time because she claimed Republicans had let “Big Pharma hijack” the bill. She decried language she claimed would weaken anti-fraud laws against drug companies, keep secret their “splashy junkets” and dole out deals to a major Republican donor. Her office said last night she voted against the Cures Act because it didn’t guarantee funding for research and treatment.

Yet the bill also poured more than $6 billion into medical research, an area where Massachusetts, as a major mecca, stands to benefit. Some $4.8 billion went to the National Institute of Health, including for brain cancer research and the Beau Biden Cancer Moonshot initiative. More than $1 billion was earmarked for Alzheimer’s research and another $1 billion went to the states to combat opioid abuse.

“I support most of these proposals,” Warren said on the floor of the Senate. “I’ve worked on many of them for years. ... But I cannot vote for this bill. I will fight it because I know the difference between compromise and extortion.”

Warren has been bruited about as a Democratic presidential contender in 2020, when she would need enthusiastic progressives who believe she’s the real deal. She also faces reelection to the U.S. Senate in 2018 in Massachusetts, which, although a liberal bastion, still has a fierce independent streak that has elected former U.S. Sen. Scott Brown and Gov. Charlie Baker. Among those mentioned as a possible challenger to Warren are Diehl and ex-Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling.

Warren is on Morning Joe right now. Damn she is impressive. Has a plan, a good answer for everything, seems very genuine. I've always liked her but never agreed with her politically; I viewed her as too progressive for my tastes. But she is turning me around. 

Users who are viewing this thread