Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I LOVE Elizabeth Warren: All aboard - WOO WOO!!!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are severely uninformed if you think this has been handled appropriately. The people who have been fired earn between $12-$16 per hour. And these workers were pressured to create fraudulent accoun

Gutless Leadership   Video of her grilling Stumpf, the CEO of Wells Fargo, is just awesome! Would hate to get on her bad side. But she is so right on the money with this guy. Simply criminal

Wells Fargo deserves severe criticism but everything Warren does is phony. It's a work , the rubes eat it up every time like lapdogs.   

4 minutes ago, Higgs said:

Well let's just cut to the chase then...

• She's a wealthy 1%er, ex-Republican who parades around as a working class hero.  She has a net worth of $8.75 million (and maybe as high as $14 million).
  • She champions minority causes and then bends the rules to take advantage of the affirmative action plans that are in place to help minorities.
  • She has built a political career on denouncing the sort of banking titans and financial sophisticates who make a buck off the little guy, but in 1993 she purchased a home at the ridiculously low price of $30,000 from a 70 year old, stroked-out widow and sold it 5 months later for $145,000.  She was a house-flipper.  She did it 4 other times in the 90's - 2 of the times on properties she purchased in foreclosure

She's a complete phony.  Lives one way while preaching something entirely different.

I'm gonna assume the irony of the first and third bullet points here coming from you is intentional and applaud you for it. Well played.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

I'm gonna assume the irony of the first and third bullet points here coming from you is intentional and applaud you for it. Well played.

This isn't about Trump.  I know it's so hard for you.  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Higgs said:

This isn't about Trump.  I know it's so hard for you.  :lol:

Right.  It's about you and your hilarious, presumably intentional hypocrisy in condemning one person for traits you ignore or applaud in other. 

Like i said, well played. I laughed.

Edited by TobiasFunke
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, TobiasFunke said:

Right.  It's about you and your hilarious, presumably intentional hypocrisy in condemning one person for traits you ignore or applaud in other. 

Like i said, well played. I laughed.

I knew exactly who Trump was and wasn't when I voted for him.

6 hours ago, timschochet said:

I love Cory and he'd be a great choice. But I really was intrigued by Warren this morning. 

Warren seems just too far left and too far out of the realm of reality. I respect her tremendously but the libertarian in me is scared by her extreme left leanings. I also think that opens an avenue for the republicans which we have seen can lead to disastrous outcomes.

5 minutes ago, Higgs said:

I knew exactly who Trump was and wasn't when I voted for him.

Then please don't give us the bull#### that you don't actively support a racist with strong authoritarian leanings, utter lack of respect for women and others who aren't "like him" and the policies he put forth, as such. 

A statement like that makes it very clear what you are and what you aren't, as well. 

I, for one, think she is awesome. I hope the Dems put her up as their candidate in 2020. I mean an old, shrill, rich lady who yells a lot--man, we haven't seen that before.

Tell you what, I don't think Trump takes a shot at a second term. So we are just going to throw Jeff Probst at your candidate this time. :excited: 

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Koya said:

Warren seems just too far left and too far out of the realm of reality. I respect her tremendously but the libertarian in me is scared by her extreme left leanings. I also think that opens an avenue for the republicans which we have seen can lead to disastrous outcomes.

Yeah, this is what I thought as well. But I gotta tell you that this morning she seemed very reasonable. And just as important, she has a message that was easy to understand (something that Hillary lacked), and it's not a populist anti-big business message (ala Bernie). Though she and Bernie may share similar policies, her message is IMO much more positive than his. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

I, for one, think she is awesome. I hope the Dems put her up as their candidate in 2020. I mean an old, shrill, rich lady who yells a lot--man, we haven't seen that before.

Tell you what, I don't think Trump takes a shot at a second term. So we are just going to throw Jeff Probst at your candidate this time. :excited: 

This is where the misogyny lies- not that I think it's at all intentional. But I don't believe you would use the boided to describe a man. 

46 minutes ago, Koya said:

Then please don't give us the bull#### that you don't actively support a racist with strong authoritarian leanings, utter lack of respect for women and others who aren't "like him" and the policies he put forth, as such. 

A statement like that makes it very clear what you are and what you aren't, as well. 

I never said he was a racist.

3 hours ago, Willie Neslon said:

Warren would get the portion of the electorate that couldn't back Clinton because they (rightfully) saw her as disingenuous.

This is wrong. If you voted for Trump, genuiness can't be a top 100 issue for you.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Courtjester said:

I hear this about her and I've heard it about Hillary, but we don't hear it in regards to any other politicians.  SILENCE THOSE NASTY WOMEN!!

5 minutes ago, Dickies said:

I hear this about her and I've heard it about Hillary, but we don't hear it in regards to any other politicians.  SILENCE THOSE NASTY WOMEN!!

Unless it's Ashley Judd - then you turn up the volume and rejoice in her sexy brand of crazy.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Higgs said:

Did you believe the part about her being Native American?

Harvard did.

Just another reason why she will make a bad candidate.  She will absolutely never be able to talk her way around that during the election cycle.     

She would make a really excellent VP choice though.  

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Dickies said:

Jesus Christ, what are you talking about?  We hear it about GOP politicians ALL the ####### time with your side of the aisle.  Pretty much every foul name ever invented you've used to describe Conservative politicians so spare us your fake outrage and fake stories. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, tommyGunZ said:

This is wrong. If you voted for Trump, genuiness can't be a top 100 issue for you.  

If you voted for Hillary then, on top of genuineness, honesty and truthfulness wasn't a top 300 issue for you.

Edited by MaxThreshold
2 minutes ago, Higgs said:

I actually think our next President will be Bernie Sanders.  You heard it here first.

He will be 80 the year he takes office.

2 hours ago, Higgs said:

• She's a wealthy 1%er, ex-Republican who parades around as a working class hero.  She has a net worth of $8.75 million (and maybe as high as $14 million).
  • She champions minority causes and then bends the rules to take advantage of the affirmative action plans that are in place to help minorities.
  • She has built a political career on denouncing the sort of banking titans and financial sophisticates who make a buck off the little guy, but in 1993 she purchased a home at the ridiculously low price of $30,000 from a 70 year old, stroked-out widow and sold it 5 months later for $145,000.  She was a house-flipper.  She did it 4 other times in the 90's - 2 of the times on properties she purchased in foreclosure

She's a complete phony.  Lives one way while preaching something entirely different.

I love the whole "progressives can't have money" shtick.  Such a useful and easy trope to rile up the rubes.

Edited by Homer J Simpson
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Yeah, this is what I thought as well. But I gotta tell you that this morning she seemed very reasonable. And just as important, she has a message that was easy to understand (something that Hillary lacked), and it's not a populist anti-big business message (ala Bernie). Though she and Bernie may share similar policies, her message is IMO much more positive than his. 

I didn't see the interview.  Did she speak in her native American Indian tongue?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Higgs said:

You understand that buying a foreclosed house isn't the same as foreclosing on a house, right?

1 minute ago, MaxThreshold said:

I didn't see the interview.  Did she speak in her native American Indian tongue?

I like how you come really close to using an acceptable descriptive term but you just can't resist calling them Indians. 

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

You understand that buying a foreclosed house isn't the same as foreclosing on a house, right?

I don't begrudge her doing it.  But when she criticizes Donald Trump for capitalizing on other people's hardships it rings pretty hollow.

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

I like how you come really close to using an acceptable descriptive term but you just can't resist calling them Indians. 

And we like how you come close to accusing someone of using politically incorrect language when they didn't actually say it.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Higgs said:

And we like how you come close to accusing someone of using politically incorrect language when they didn't actually say it.  

Oh, sorry.  Let me rephrase.

"Stop calling them Indians. The acceptable terms are now Native Americans, First Nations Peoples, or Indigenous Peoples."

5 hours ago, tommyGunZ said:

He didn't.  He is an independent who ran in the Democratic primaries to try and win the Democratic nomination in order to run for President on the Democratic ticket.

Democrats voting in Democratic primaries overwhelmingly voted for Hillary Clinton, by a 55%-43% margin.  

Interesting,  I always felt that Trump was a Democrat running on the Republican ticket.  While I voted for Trump against Hillary,  he was not close to my top choice in the primaries.

7 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Lighten up, Francis.  I just want to know if she spoke her native tongue.  Save your fake outrage for another poster.

Just now, MaxThreshold said:

Lighten up, Francis.  I just want to know if she spoke her native tongue.  Save your fake outrage for another poster.

I don't make posters.  I do pretty large photo prints, though.

Just now, Henry Ford said:

"Stop calling them Indians. The acceptable terms are now Native Americans, First Nations Peoples, or Indigenous Peoples."

According to who?  You?  Liberal academia?

One of the symptoms of totalitarianism is control of the language.  And you do seem to have a propensity for it.

One of the symptoms of totalitarianism is control of the language. And you do seem to have a propensity for it.

Aren't you the guy who says he's not a racist because he doesn't fit the strict dictionary definition of the term?

6 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Look at you pretending to care!  You can mark that check box off now on your Good Democrat application!

2 minutes ago, MaxThreshold said:

Look at you pretending to care!  You can mark that check box off now on your Good Democrat application!

And don't forget to check off "Native American" as well.  It might land you a job making $400,000 a year for teaching one class.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Higgs said:

And don't forget to check off "Native American" as well.  It might land you a job making $400,000 a year for teaching one class.

She's a #### . Much more loathsome than Hillary

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Higgs said:

According to who?  You?  Liberal academia?

One of the symptoms of totalitarianism is control of the language.  And you do seem to have a propensity for it.

"Whom"

• Like 2
Just now, MaxThreshold said:

I know you got aroused when you thought about my butt puckering up.  Admit it.  It's okay. 

I actually picture you like Spare ### Annie, with an extra on your forehead. 

3 hours ago, Higgs said:

Re: bullet #1:  what is the acceptable net worth of a national political figure?  Is your objection that $8-14MM is too low?  Given the many, many times you have told us about Trump being a working class hero it seems you're fine with a billionaire advocating for the working class.

Re: bullet #2: what rules has Warren bent?  Be as specific as possible, cite sources if you can.  

Re: bullet #3: what exactly is your objection here?  Should it be illegal for certain citizens to buy foreclosed homes? 

17 minutes ago, Homer J Simpson said:

Your irrational hatred of Warren is downright entertaining.

There are a lot of people who have an irrational hatred of her.  Thus why she makes a bad candidate.