What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sell two good WR's for one stud? (1 Viewer)

CMU37484

Footballguy
Super flex league where QB's are at a premium and I took the "wait too long" approach in our auction for them. 

Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR's, 1 TE, 1 Super Flex (QB/RB/WR/TE), 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D/ST.  

PPR scoring, pasing TD's are 5 points, all other TD's are 6 points. 1 pt per 25 yards passing, 1 pt per 10 yards rush/rec.  3 point bonuses for 300 yards passing and 100 yards rush/rec.

There's a guy in my league who is ravaged with injuries (Woodhead, Kennan Allen, Montcrief, Abdullah) so he's desperate to trade. 

Offer #1:  Beckham for Marvin Jones and Travis Benjamin both

Offer #2:  Jordan Reed for Dennis Pitta and Travis Benjamin

Thoughts

My roster:

QB: R. Tannehill ($4) RB; E. Elliot ($42)  WR1: A. Brown ($59)  WR2: A.J. Green ($51)  TE: D. Pitta ($0)  Super Flex: T. Benjamin ($1)  Flex: M. Jones ($14)  K: Blair Walsh  D: Cardinals

Reserves:  R. Mathews ($1), C. Hyde ($14), J. McCown ($0), C. Wentz ($0) B. Powell ($1), B. LaFell ($0), Z. Miller ($1)

HIS roster:

QB: P. Rivers ($19)  RB: Woodhead ($19)  WR1: Beckham ($52)  WR2: Montcrief  ($21)  TE: J. Reed  ($1 keeper)  Super Flex: Fitzpatrick ($8)  Flex: T. Riddick ($3)  K: Crosby  D: Panthers

Reserves:  T. Siemian ($0), Abdullah ($6), J. White ($3), A. Hurns ($8) V. Jackson ($5), Wheaton ($6), J. Cook ($1)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Beckham and then Fitzpatrick would be a solid combination. I think that'd be a good place to start at least. The Jets offense looks like it will put up plenty of points with the diversity and strength at WR and Forte off to a strong start.

I like the trade with Rivers,  Gordon adds another weapon he really didn't have last year.  McCluster is a decent pass catching back to replace Woodhead.   Plus you wont miss TD points when he throws to Benjamin.

I'd do it straight up for Beckham, but if you can get him to throw in Rivers or Fitz too then by all means try it. 

I like the trade if he throws in Rivers. Looks like Rivers is going to put up points even with all of those injuries. Obj green  and abrown is near unstoppable.

Users who are viewing this thread