What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Jamaal Charles for Eric Decker? (1 Viewer)

slipcubusknight

Footballguy
12 team .5 PPR 1QB-2RB-3WR-1FLEX

My RBs are Elliot, Miller, Charles, Crowell, and Dwayne Washington

My WRs are DT, Fitz, Marvin Jones, Snead, and Michael Thomas

So far my WRs have been solid, but the AP owner just offered Decker for Charles. Would love to start Charles in the flex, but his knee is really starting to worry me. Would you rather have the upside of Charles or the consistency of Decker to solidify my WR corps? Thanks for the advice!

Here is the problem.  If Charles becomes the main guy again in KC, then Decker isn't enough.  But if Ware continues to have a significant piece of the KC offense, then trading Charles for Decker is a fair trade.  So making this trade now locks you in to Decker, and Decker isn't a big upgrade over what you currently have at WR.

I would wait for Charles and see how Charles and Ware situation stacks up.

If you want to deal Charles now, add in Marvin Jones and try to shoot for a better WR like Cooks or Mike Evans.

I think that when Charles returns, now after having ACL recovery twice, that he's going to split touches with Ware all year long.  They've got to manage Charles' workload when he returns.  Fortunately for him, he's never been a guy that needs volume to be fantasy productive. 

I think you should wait on Charles because it's PPR, but its very very close. The fact that you already have good WR depth means that you don't need Decker, and have the luxury of waiting on Charles.  The problem will be that if Charles comes back and is in a complete timeshare, then you may not be able to trade him for Decker, and will be looking at someone like Floyd or Maclin. 

I think that when Charles returns, now after having ACL recovery twice, that he's going to split touches with Ware all year long.  They've got to manage Charles' workload when he returns.  Fortunately for him, he's never been a guy that needs volume to be fantasy productive. 

I think you should wait on Charles because it's PPR, but its very very close. The fact that you already have good WR depth means that you don't need Decker, and have the luxury of waiting on Charles.  The problem will be that if Charles comes back and is in a complete timeshare, then you may not be able to trade him for Decker, and will be looking at someone like Floyd or Maclin. 
This is my exact dilemma. My gut is telling me he'll be in a complete timeshare when he gets back since ware has looked so good. At the same time Charles with 12-15 touches can be huge. 

This is my exact dilemma. My gut is telling me he'll be in a complete timeshare when he gets back since ware has looked so good. At the same time Charles with 12-15 touches can be huge. 
A timeshare isn't what worries me about Charles, because like we said, he doesn't need 20 touches to be good.  But if he's not his old self when he returns AND he's only getting 12-15 touches, and you want to trade him then, you're gonna get much less than Decker.  But his upside is top 10 RB, so it's worth waiting to see IMO

A timeshare isn't what worries me about Charles, because like we said, he doesn't need 20 touches to be good.  But if he's not his old self when he returns AND he's only getting 12-15 touches, and you want to trade him then, you're gonna get much less than Decker.  But his upside is top 10 RB, so it's worth waiting to see IMO
I'm a little nervous that he came off PUP in august and told andy reid last week hes not ready. it may be more of a mental thing, but worrisome none the less.

Users who are viewing this thread