What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shepard v M. Jones (1 Viewer)

pjhathaway77

Footballguy
With Norman shadowing OBJ, is Shepard a better play this week than Marvin Jones? 1/2 ppr

I play in a 12 man league, this is our first year doing 1/2 ppr other than that it is standard espn scoring, we can keep one player per year and we can keep them as many years as we want. We start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 D/ST, and 1 Kicker, we get 7 bench spots.

My team.

QB: Philip Rivers

RB's: Le'Veon Bell, Jamaal Charles, Melvin Gordon, Matt Asiata, Terrance West

WR's: Allen Robinson, Eric Decker, Marvin Jones, Sterling Shepard, Eli Rogers, Tyrell Williams

TE: Dennis Pitta, Kyle Rudolph

D/ST: Cincinnati

K: Adam Vinatieri

I think those teams are about equal, as far as throwing on them goes; as far as running on them goes, the Giants have been very solid defensively and the 'Skins have been fairly poor defensively.  Because of that, I think the Giants will spread it out more, running vs passing, taking away from Shepard.  Also, the Giants can now spread it out more between Beckham/Shepard/Cruz.  Because of all this, I would say Jones for this week.

Easier to pass on Washington than it is to run, but more mouths to feed in NY than Detroit.  It's close for me but I'd go Jones.  Shepard is doing everything right so far this year, emerging as the #2 in that pass happy offense, but Jones is the #1 in Detroit and they always suck against the Packers, so they're going to be behind and throwing more I think.  

Jones is quite a bit better. He's the clear #1 in Detroit, frankly, I think he's on par or better than Decker.

Users who are viewing this thread