What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (10 Viewers)

I'm not sure what logic you mean. Mayfield ran much less than Watson. Mostly because he didn't have to. I didn't say anything about size.

Anyway, the point is that I think Mayfield is at least close to Watson if not ahead. And he carries a decreased risk of injury. So yeah, I'd rather have Mayfield.
To be clear, if you prefer Mayfield for any reason, thats cool. Im not going to die on the hill that Watson is elite and mayfield isnt, I just think they are in different tiers personally.

The logic i was referring to was your statement that equated running more to a higher chance of injury, which probably isnt wrong. I was only pointing out that if you are worried about that, you should also be worried about mayfields size adding to his injury risk is all.

After doing some more research because I couldn't believe Mack and Williams were being compared.  
I'll say it again: they weren't being compared. I was saying they are both guys with a lot of "ifs" for their RB1 potential to come true. So their situations were being compared, but I wasn't comping them player-to-player.

To be clear, if you prefer Mayfield for any reason, thats cool. Im not going to die on the hill that Watson is elite and mayfield isnt, I just think they are in different tiers personally.

The logic i was referring to was your statement that equated running more to a higher chance of injury, which probably isnt wrong. I was only pointing out that if you are worried about that, you should also be worried about mayfields size adding to his injury risk is all.
It's cool. We're discussing. :hifive:

I'll say it again: they weren't being compared. I was saying they are both guys with a lot of "ifs" for their RB1 potential to come true. So their situations were being compared, but I wasn't comping them player-to-player.
Their situations are extremely analogous IMO, replaceable talents benefitting from being in high powered offenses with great offensive lines. They are somewhat insulated from threats due to this being a down RB class though. If one were interested in acquiring them, I would wait until after the draft because even a mid to late round RB taken hurts their perceived value IMO, maybe even to the point of making them worth targeting. Right now owners are high on those late season/ post season performances.

I'm not sure what logic you mean. Mayfield ran much less than Watson. Mostly because he didn't have to. I didn't say anything about size.

Anyway, the point is that I think Mayfield is at least close to Watson if not ahead. And he carries a decreased risk of injury. So yeah, I'd rather have Mayfield.
So in terms of rookie picks this year.  What would you offer for Mayfield?  Maybe that will help me get an idea on his dynasty value.  

So in terms of rookie picks this year.  What would you offer for Mayfield?  Maybe that will help me get an idea on his dynasty value.  
I just attempted a 1.11 plus Jerrick McKinnon for Mayfield. I'll report back. Start one QB I can't see more than that even though I'm a big booster.

I just attempted a 1.11 plus Jerrick McKinnon for Mayfield. I'll report back. Start one QB I can't see more than that even though I'm a big booster.
I'm a Baker believer but I am not confident he will ever be more than a midrange QB1. Which is fine, but I just don't like spending (almost anything) for these kind of QBs. I take the McKinnon and 1.11 deal all day here. I still like McKinnons chances to excel in SF. FWIW I own both. I drafted Baker at the end of the 2nd. That's how I prefer to acquire QBs, or as a piece in a bigger deal. 

I'm a Baker believer but I am not confident he will ever be more than a midrange QB1. Which is fine, but I just don't like spending (almost anything) for these kind of QBs. I take the McKinnon and 1.11 deal all day here. I still like McKinnons chances to excel in SF. FWIW I own both. I drafted Baker at the end of the 2nd. That's how I prefer to acquire QBs, or as a piece in a bigger deal. 
This is non-ppr so it deflates McKinnon's value. And I'm not a believer.

I actually drafted Mayfield and Darnold in this league. Chose the wrong one to trade. I'm willing to overpay a bit for a good, young QB. It frees up picks for a long time that you might otherwise use chasing. 

Andy Dufresne said:
This is non-ppr so it deflates McKinnon's value. And I'm not a believer.

I actually drafted Mayfield and Darnold in this league. Chose the wrong one to trade. I'm willing to overpay a bit for a good, young QB. It frees up picks for a long time that you might otherwise use chasing. 
In which case by all means then. Nothing worse than holding someone you don't want simply because they have value. Getting a return you like makes it satisfying to unload them. I was definitely thinking PPR and I like McKinnon so it's a different calculus. 

Baker is a baller and seems likely to post high TD numbers. I managed to draft him and Lamar Jackson this last year. I've done very well acquiring QBs for cheap in the draft or in trades and then selling for a big premium later. Got Wentz as a cheap throw in 2 years ago and sold him last year for an early 1st. Now I'm going to be looking to acquire another cheap QB or two while I flip either Baker or Lamar for another big profit. 

Moving forward I wonder if any QB is really worth spending much on if they aren't named Mahomes or Rodgers. I would also point out in my leagues we play FFPC style, mostly. So there is often replacement level QB talent available on the wire. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Recent Baker Mayfield dynasty trades (1QB, PPR)

* Goff/Edwards/4th for Mayfield/Zay Jones

* ARob for Mayfield/Cam Jordan/4th

* Mayfield for 1st

* Mayfield for Watkins

* OJ Howard for Mayfield/TreQuan Smith/2nd

Buckna said:
Their situations are extremely analogous IMO, replaceable talents benefitting from being in high powered offenses with great offensive lines. They are somewhat insulated from threats due to this being a down RB class though. If one were interested in acquiring them, I would wait until after the draft because even a mid to late round RB taken hurts their perceived value IMO, maybe even to the point of making them worth targeting. Right now owners are high on those late season/ post season performances.
I get the concern about the draft or FA signing impacting Mack’s touches but...

...with exception to a handful of backs no one is immune from this. Chubb being the latest example.

...the Colts drafted two RBs last year and they had little impact on Mack’s touches.

Mack has the talent to take advantage of one of the best situations in football—young, improving oline, great QB, good coach. My only concern is durability.

Dr. Octopus said:
Yuck on most of those. Looks like people should be sending out offers for Thielen.
I didn't quite get those prices but I did just buy him in FFPC for David Njoku. Classic current production vs young guy in a perfect spot but still seemed a little cheap to me so I bought on a team that is competitive now and has Ertz at TE

Anyone else tired of the Lev Bell drama? I'm ready to bail and get what I can. Don't know what that is. Considering an offer of Bell/1.1 for Barkley in one NON-PPR league.

Same with Antonio Brown. Even getting $.70 on the dollar would probably sway me.

Anyone else tired of the Lev Bell drama? I'm ready to bail and get what I can. Don't know what that is. Considering an offer of Bell/1.1 for Barkley in one NON-PPR league.
I would do that very quickly to get Barkley.  I would be surprised if the Barkley owner would do it......especially before they know the landing spot for Bell.

I would do that very quickly to get Barkley.  I would be surprised if the Barkley owner would do it......especially before they know the landing spot for Bell.
I guess my bigger point is that as the holder of the 1.1 my team stinks and has little depth. And I'm still thinking of dumping Bell.

You've pretty well established that there's no trade you'd accept for Barkley. Not that I really blame you.
Yeah, very true. But I think most Barkley owners feel the same way. It’s just really hard to see a trade that makes sense because everything feels like trading two Nissans for a Mercedes.

Yeah, very true. But I think most Barkley owners feel the same way. It’s just really hard to see a trade that makes sense because everything feels like trading two Nissans for a Mercedes.
I get it completely. FF should be fun and there's no player more fun to have on a roster now than Barkley.

ETA: Barkley is more like a Bugatti!

Same with Antonio Brown. Even getting $.70 on the dollar would probably sway me.
 Just ignore all news concerning these two players until we know where they land. You'd be doing yourself a massive disservice to sell at that discount.  I own both in a couple different places and I've just learned to stop worrying and love the bomb.

I get the concern about the draft or FA signing impacting Mack’s touches but...

...with exception to a handful of backs no one is immune from this. Chubb being the latest example.

...the Colts drafted two RBs last year and they had little impact on Mack’s touches.

Mack has the talent to take advantage of one of the best situations in football—young, improving oline, great QB, good coach. My only concern is durability.
Don't really agree with your points at all. He clearly lost the receiving role to Hines which many of us owners (myself included) were hoping he would get more of after Gore left. Chubb owners are collectively shrugging and not the slightest bit concerned about the Hunt signing as evidenced by the posts in the threads. Had Indy signed Hunt, Mack's value would have been torpedoed. There are way more than a handful of backs I can name that would be immune to losing value if their team spent a 3rd or later on a RB.

If you want to say that there are only a handful of guys currently being drafted in Mack's range that would be immune to it, sure I might can see that (although I suspect his ADP has jumped quite a bit higher after those big games at the end of the year.) We'll have to agree to disagree on his talent level, I do agree he's good enough to take advantage of playing with Luck and the #3 rated O'line last year. Just look at some of those end of season games! He could be a solid fantasy producer if Indy brings in no challengers at all. I don't agree that he has the talent to hold off any other talented RB's they bring in for more than the short term though, just look at some of those other end of season games when he actually played decent run defenses. I saw a guy with great burst in the 2nd level and an O'line that frequently manhandled other teams to get him to the second level. When they actually played decent run defenses, Mack struggled to do anything. I think @FF Ninja originally said he's always going to be looking over his shoulder, I would definitely agree with that statement, even if he gets the majority of the work in 2019.

I think @FF Ninja originally said he's always going to be looking over his shoulder, I would definitely agree with that statement, even if he gets the majority of the work in 2019.
I think it was this wicked smart (and good looking guy) that said it:

I'd disagree. I like Mack but he's the type of back that will always be looking over his shoulder for the team to upgrade him. Although if the Colts don't bring some one in, you do get another season of RB2 stats.

Don't really agree with your points at all. He clearly lost the receiving role to Hines which many of us owners (myself included) were hoping he would get more of after Gore left.
I agree that his receiving was disappointing. I am not sure how much of that was due to missing time. I will have to look at the production when both players were healthy.

Chubb owners are collectively shrugging and not the slightest bit concerned about the Hunt signing as evidenced by the posts in the threads. Had Indy signed Hunt, Mack's value would have been torpedoed. There are way more than a handful of backs I can name that would be immune to losing value if their team spent a 3rd or later on a RB.
I think the observation about Chubb is hyperbole. Look on Twitter or go to the Dynasty trade thread you will see that the Hunt signing has more than a few owners nervous, right or wrong. LY the Colts drafted two RBs in the 3rd RD or later and Mack still finished as RB21 in ppr format, despite missing 4 games.

If you want to say that there are only a handful of guys currently being drafted in Mack's range that would be immune to it, sure I might can see that (although I suspect his ADP has jumped quite a bit higher after those big games at the end of the year.) We'll have to agree to disagree on his talent level, I do agree he's good enough to take advantage of playing with Luck and the #3 rated O'line last year. Just look at some of those end of season games! He could be a solid fantasy producer if Indy brings in no challengers at all. I don't agree that he has the talent to hold off any other talented RB's they bring in for more than the short term though, just look at some of those other end of season games when he actually played decent run defenses. I saw a guy with great burst in the 2nd level and an O'line that frequently manhandled other teams to get him to the second level. When they actually played decent run defenses, Mack struggled to do anything. I think @FF Ninja originally said he's always going to be looking over his shoulder, I would definitely agree with that statement, even if he gets the majority of the work in 2019.
My initial post was in response to Mack's general value. Many folks seem to be pretty dismissive of his potential. You touch on it here but Mack seems to get discounted by the fear of competition. My point is the scenario you present unfolded LY when the Colts drafted Hines and Wilkins. Mack still got a majority of the touches when available. If the Colts were to sign L. Bell all bets are off. But short of bringing in a uber talent I think the reason for discounting Mack doesn't hold a lot of water.

I think an argument can be made to discount Mack because of durabilities concerns but not competition from a RB drafted in the 3rd round or later. 

Good talk. And disagreement is what makes this hobby fun.

I think an argument can be made to discount Mack because of durabilities concerns but not competition from a RB drafted in the 3rd round or later. 
I think the concern is the could sign an upgrade in free agency even if they bypass Bell (say Ingram, Coleman or Ajayi) or they could draft a RB in round 1 or 2 since they pick later and may fill other holes in free agency.

And yes other RBs are also susceptible to being replaced as well - but we all know the ones that are safer than others.

Dr O if the Colts drafted a RB in the first or second rd then yes Mack's value takes a big hit. This gets to a point made earlier, not many RBs are immune to that scenario. For example, what if the Vikings draft a RB in the 1st or 2nd rd or sign one of the FA you mention? How about the value for D. Freeman, McKinnon, Michel, L. Miller, Fournette, D, Williams? 

Chubb owners are collectively shrugging and not the slightest bit concerned about the Hunt signing as evidenced by the posts in the threads.
I think that's the realistic view to take.  Yes, there's a hit to Chubb's value when they are both on the field, but when will that be?  Hunt's out at least 6 games, and more likely 12+.  He's only on a one-year contract, so it shouldn't affect Chubb at all in 2020.

Dr O if the Colts drafted a RB in the first or second rd then yes Mack's value takes a big hit. This gets to a point made earlier, not many RBs are immune to that scenario. For example, what if the Vikings draft a RB in the 1st or 2nd rd or sign one of the FA you mention? How about the value for D. Freeman, McKinnon, Michel, L. Miller, Fournette, D, Williams? 
Yes of course those other backs perceived value would fall in that scenario but then we have to ask ourselves the likelihood of that happening. I guess it comes down to where we (and the respective NFL teams) rank Mack's talent level and the talent level of those other backs.

To me, while I like Mack and own him in one league, it's safe to say he's in the bottom half of starting RBs from a talent level perspective (Bottom 16).

As to those other backs I'm sure many expect that Lamar Miller, Damien Williams and maybe even Jerrick McKinnon or Freeman could be replaced sooner rather than later.

The Jaguars and Pats just spent first round picks on Fournette and Sony - how likely is it that they will do so again so soon?

The Vikings spent an early second on Cook and he's looked the part when healthy -  how likely is it that they will look to replace him.

Mack is a good RB and was productive due to the Colts very good o-line and the threat of Luck and the passing game. The Colts may very well think they could do better though and have a ton of cap space (also an important factor) to sign an upgrade at RB or if they fill other holes use a high pick at RB, so Mack could be vulnerable.

It's a realistic scenario that the Colts will upgrade this season. It's not realistic the Pats will. That doesn't mean that the Colts will - but that perception may become reality. If they do not address the RB position I fully expect him to have another productive season and maybe even solidify himself in Ballard's eyes and keep the job for a few more years. Part of the strategy in this game is knowing when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.  

No doubt, but this is all speculation when it comes to Mack's value. Again my point isn't as much about elevating Mack but the thought process behind the devaluation. IMO it is as likely or more so that several of the teams I mentioned above draft a RB early. There seems to be some inconsistency in the thought process. 

In my belief the Colts will not take an RB before round 5. Mack is an above average talent and excelled behind the Colts OL. Drafting a RB would be way down the list of needs.  Depth would be the reason for drafting an RB in this draft, not to replace Mack.

No doubt, but this is all speculation when it comes to Mack's value. Again my point isn't as much about elevating Mack but the thought process behind the devaluation. IMO it is as likely or more so that several of the teams I mentioned above draft a RB early. There seems to be some inconsistency in the thought process. 
I don't think there is. If you try and sell guys like Damien Williams, Jerrick McKinnon and Lamar Miller right now you won't get as much as you would in June once we know that they survived free agency and the draft and the same applies to Mack.

The rest of those guys are pretty safe in their roles for the reasons I already mentioned.  

I don't think there is. If you try and sell guys like Damien Williams, Jerrick McKinnon and Lamar Miller right now you won't get as much as you would in June once we know that they survived free agency and the draft and the same applies to Mack.

The rest of those guys are pretty safe in their roles for the reasons I already mentioned.  
you really never know who is safe, I agree with your point but there are for sure some guys whose value will tank, depending where L Bell winds up, Josh Jacobs,etc.  The year Gurley came out, Tre Mason was coming off a fairly decent rookie year and nobody forecasted that as Gurley's landing spot. I always try not to buy any of the non super stud rbs until free agency and draft are over

32 Counter Pass said:
Good talk. And disagreement is what makes this hobby fun.
Back at you! I do think if the Colts take a 3rd round or later RB it will hurt Mack's perceived value. I was pretty gung-ho in the Damien Williams thread that he could likely lose his job to any warm body the Chiefs bring in. Then someone pointed out that later round RB's rarely unseat the incumbent in year one. I think that would apply to Mack where he would likely hold off any non-big FA or higher round RB challenger for the balance of the season (assuming good health of course.) However, I do think the certainty of Indy drafting someone would still cause his trade value to take a hit, maybe even to the point where I would be a definite buyer of Mack for the short-term value he's going to have in in 2020. Just look at last year, there were posters saying Wilkins was the best RB on the roster and going to take over and he was a 5th rounder.

So I'm looking over one of my teams with the 1.01, and I'm having a hard time just forcing myself to offer it up to people for things like the 1.03 and a 2020 1st.  I should be comfortable with that but I'm just not.  Am I overvaluing the 1.01 or is that just about right or what?  

So I'm looking over one of my teams with the 1.01, and I'm having a hard time just forcing myself to offer it up to people for things like the 1.03 and a 2020 1st.  I should be comfortable with that but I'm just not.  Am I overvaluing the 1.01 or is that just about right or what?  
On paper I'd put value on side of 1.3 and 2020 random first.

It's a gamble for sure.  We won't see the chasm between 1 and rest of the draft  like the Barkley or Elliot drafts, just no way. Right now the difference between 1 and 3  seems as small as any season I can recall at this time of the year. But the gamble you lose ifs if that one golden ticket emerges, or in this case I guess two golden tickets emerge but not 3. 

I got a pick 1 and a pick 3 in different leagues. I'm for sure more excited about the 1.1 right now but I'd give it up for a random 2020 first and 1.3, but not for a 2020 first that looks sure thing back end of round one. Only way I'd not do something like this if you are the kind of person who truly cares zero about the outcome of the combine and NFL draft and you are deadset on your top 1 or two players and nothing is going to shift your mind. I'm not that guy, I'd take the 1.3 and 2020 first.

Back at you! I do think if the Colts take a 3rd round or later RB it will hurt Mack's perceived value. I was pretty gung-ho in the Damien Williams thread that he could likely lose his job to any warm body the Chiefs bring in. Then someone pointed out that later round RB's rarely unseat the incumbent in year one. I think that would apply to Mack where he would likely hold off any non-big FA or higher round RB challenger for the balance of the season (assuming good health of course.) However, I do think the certainty of Indy drafting someone would still cause his trade value to take a hit, maybe even to the point where I would be a definite buyer of Mack for the short-term value he's going to have in in 2020. Just look at last year, there were posters saying Wilkins was the best RB on the roster and going to take over and he was a 5th rounder.

smbkrypt24 said:
In my belief the Colts will not take an RB before round 5. Mack is an above average talent and excelled behind the Colts OL. Drafting a RB would be way down the list of needs.  Depth would be the reason for drafting an RB in this draft, not to replace Mack.
Completely agreed. The colts really don't need a new back. Mack does the typical RB work, Hynes I think is underrated. It's not exactly the bears backfield, but rather similar.  

If a back they think can be a stud falls they might grab him but RB sure shouldn't be a target. 

On paper I'd put value on side of 1.3 and 2020 random first.

It's a gamble for sure.  We won't see the chasm between 1 and rest of the draft  like the Barkley or Elliot drafts, just no way. Right now the difference between 1 and 3  seems as small as any season I can recall at this time of the year. But the gamble you lose ifs if that one golden ticket emerges, or in this case I guess two golden tickets emerge but not 3. 

I got a pick 1 and a pick 3 in different leagues. I'm for sure more excited about the 1.1 right now but I'd give it up for a random 2020 first and 1.3, but not for a 2020 first that looks sure thing back end of round one. Only way I'd not do something like this if you are the kind of person who truly cares zero about the outcome of the combine and NFL draft and you are deadset on your top 1 or two players and nothing is going to shift your mind. I'm not that guy, I'd take the 1.3 and 2020 first.
Agreed. There's no way I'd trade the 1.03 where I have it along with a 20 1st for the 1 (this one is super flex, so perhaps there's even less reason to move up unless you really like Haskins but nobody else), but I'm probably keeping the 1 in the league I have it until after the draft. Then we'll see. 

Hold the pick. As we get closer to the draft there will be either a player that emerges from the pool and/or a team in your league that has a desire to get to the top. You can move then. Selling and/or offering the pick now diminishes the value. The worst outcome is that you hold the pick and still have the right to pick your guy.

Hold the pick. As we get closer to the draft there will be either a player that emerges from the pool and/or a team in your league that has a desire to get to the top. You can move then. Selling and/or offering the pick now diminishes the value. The worst outcome is that you hold the pick and still have the right to pick your guy.
This. 

Maybe but if you look at the Barkley and Elliot drafts as examples  we already knew they were 1.1 and not a thing materialized during the course of the actual NFL drafts that added any value to pick 2 vs say pick 4. This year it's like those drafts, only it's like we are starting the draft on pick 2.

Maybe but if you look at the Barkley and Elliot drafts as examples  we already knew they were 1.1 and not a thing materialized during the course of the actual NFL drafts that added any value to pick 2 vs say pick 4. This year it's like those drafts, only it's like we are starting the draft on pick 2.
Let's say the best news comes out, and kc trades a first and this year's second to draft a pass catching stud rb. How much more than 1.3 and a 2020 first would you need to make that deal?   

What other great things would increase the value of 1.1 besides KC drafting a rb early?  Which ones would increase its value over 1.3 and a 2020 first?  Maybe a wr separates from the pack (or maybe one gets drafted by the Pack). 

I think indy drafting a rb early would be really good. Maybe a stud rb in Oakland or the jets but meh. Maybe Jacobs or Montgomery just blows the doors off the combine?  Would that change your own valuation?

If none of those things happen, what do you think you'd get to trade down on draft day?  A second? 

Do an honest evaluation of what you're hoping for with 1.1 that you wouldn't get with 1.3, and figure out how likely that is. I'm guessing that there's only a few outcomes where you wouldn't trade for 1.3 and a first.

Would you trade a 2020 first for a random pick that could be a second (if there's no separation) or two firsts (if you think the max you'd get is 1.3 and two firsts if one of those outcomes happen)?  

How long do you think your window to trade is?  Until the combine?  Until draft day?  Until the guy with 1.3 starts paying attention? 

I think i'd rather have 1.3 and an extra 2020 pick if there's any pressure right now but i'd wait as long as possible to get the deal. 

Does anyone have thoughts on Robert Woods value in picks?  He's so underrated, love having him on contenders but have him on a rebuild and can't get what I feel is fair value.  

I think a mid first and 2020 1st for Woods and a 2nd or 3rd sounds about right.  Is that way too much?

Does anyone have thoughts on Robert Woods value in picks?  He's so underrated, love having him on contenders but have him on a rebuild and can't get what I feel is fair value.  

I think a mid first and 2020 1st for Woods and a 2nd or 3rd sounds about right.  Is that way too much?
Love Woods game but that’s a touch too steep for me. I’d pay either mid-first or 2020 first but not both. I’d say mid-first and 2020 second. As a contender, I’m gonna resist all offers to sell 2020 firsts, even if the piece can help me.

JackReacher said:
Love Woods game but that’s a touch too steep for me. I’d pay either mid-first or 2020 first but not both. I’d say mid-first and 2020 second. As a contender, I’m gonna resist all offers to sell 2020 firsts, even if the piece can help me.
This seems to be the prevailing thought based on offers I've made.  Feels like taking a mid 1st is just hoping you'll draft someone as good, with slim odds of actually doing so.  And no one wants to pay 2 firsts.

I'll probably just end up keeping him. Maybe move him in season.

skinfanjon said:

The problem is Kupp will most likely go back to playing the slot next year and Woods will go back outside. There’s 3 good WR’s there, and half of Woods year was only with two. Things could change a little next year.

I’d probably pay a late first but that’s it. I like Kupp more than Woods, and would pay an early first for him.

The problem is Kupp will most likely go back to playing the slot next year and Woods will go back outside. There’s 3 good WR’s there, and half of Woods year was only with two. Things could change a little next year.

I’d probably pay a late first but that’s it. I like Kupp more than Woods, and would pay an early first for him.
This is the line of thinking I don't understand.  Woods was the WR 11 when Kupp went down, and finished as the WR 11.  He was the same guy with or without him.

They're only a year apart in age.  I'd much rather have the guy not rehabbing an ACL.  Somehow Kupp is sexier though.

skinfanjon said:

I bought Woods toward the end of this past year for the playoff push. I paid my 2019 1st. It ended up being 1.11 in a 12 team league.  I’m happy to have him for that price going into next year.  The best I’d have hoped for would have been to get someone like Woods with that pick. 

Users who are viewing this thread