What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (9 Viewers)

Kittle and Engram have a lot in common. Both broke out when there was no competition for targets. The niners have nobody at WR and the Giants lost all their starting WRs in one game. Engram feasted on all those targets, but they dried up when the WRs came back. Kittle looks like a monster but I wonder how good he would do if SF had any kind of receiving corps?

Kittle and Engram have a lot in common. Both broke out when there was no competition for targets. The niners have nobody at WR and the Giants lost all their starting WRs in one game. Engram feasted on all those targets, but they dried up when the WRs came back. Kittle looks like a monster but I wonder how good he would do if SF had any kind of receiving corps?
Kittle had really good efficiency. Engram was terrible as a rookie.

Kittle had really good efficiency. Engram was terrible as a rookie.
I don't care as much about a TE's rookie season as his second season and Engram was a lot more efficient last season so not really holding his rookie year against him.

Oddly enough Kittle's year one numbers  (63/43/515/2) are close to identical as Engrams year two numbers. (64/45/577/3) and Kittle is a year older so maybe? I sure won't predict Engram to surpass Kittle's production last year but if they move Odell it's hard to not see a major breakout.

Need some wise advice from is group. 

Dynasty PPR Zealots League. Offered 1.03 this year for Sony Michel. Seriously considering mostly due to him getting almost nothing in the passing game in PPR. 

Thoughts?  Thanks in advance for the opinions/advice. 

With the Bell saga finally over (well, at least he now has a new contract), does anyone want to take a stab at his trade value. How about that of James Conner? 

I like the moves the Jets have made on the offensive side and think there's good potential in that offense. Does Bell push for top 5 RB scores? Does Conner see his touches drop with Samuels heading into year 2?

Any trades pass through your leagues with either of these guys?

Flying Elvis said:
With the Bell saga finally over (well, at least he now has a new contract), does anyone want to take a stab at his trade value. How about that of James Conner? 

I like the moves the Jets have made on the offensive side and think there's good potential in that offense. Does Bell push for top 5 RB scores? Does Conner see his touches drop with Samuels heading into year 2?

Any trades pass through your leagues with either of these guys?
We held a two person dispersal draft over the course of the last couple days. Conner went 1st overall.  Field included Chubb, Mixon, Julio. FWIW. 

Plenty of projections have Conner top 5, as well. Bell isn't far behind. Mostly curious about attitudes towards both, I guess. Will they be bargains in trade b/c of unknowns (Bell's fitness & Jets offense; Conner as unproven + Samuels) or will they both be high cost now that nobody is worried about a timeshare/vulture issue like last season prior to week 10. 

Obviously, there's always a difference from person to person, so any opinion is fine. Thanks to you both (and anyone else that chimes in)!

Kareem Hunt still has to have quite a bit of value, especially to a rebuilding dynasty team, right? Looking ahead to 2020, he'll only be 24 years old.

I'm wading into Superflex for the first time this season.  Does anyone have a feel for how the Dynasty Trade Value Chart by @Dan Hindery might look in Superflex?  Multiply QB scores by 5.0?

QB scores multiplied by 5.0:

1. Patrick Mahomes II125
  2. Saquon Barkley62
  3. (tie for 3rd) Christian McCaffrey55
  4. (tie for 3rd) Ezekiel Elliott55
  5. Todd Gurley52
  6. (tie for 6th) Deshaun Watson50
  7. (tie for 6th) Andrew Luck50
  8. (tie for 6th) Alvin Kamara50
  9. DeAndre Hopkins46
  10. JuJu Smith-Schuster42
  11. (tie for 11th) Baker Mayfield40
  12. (tie for 11th) Tyreek Hill40
  13. (tie for 11th) Michael Thomas40
  14. Odell Beckham Jr39
  15. Davante Adams38
  16. Aaron Rodgers35
  17. (tie for 17th) Nick Chubb33
  18. (tie for 17th) Mike Evans33
  19. (tie for 19th) Joe Mixon32
  20. (tie for 19th) Melvin Gordon III32
  21. (tie for 21st) Russell Wilson30
  22. (tie for 21st) Lamar Jackson30
  23. (tie for 21st) Carson Wentz30
  24. Keenan Allen28
  25. (tie for 25th) Julio Jones26
  26. (tie for 25th) Antonio Brown26
  27. (tie for 27th) Cam Newton25
  28. (tie for 27th) Stefon Diggs25
  29. (tie for 29th) David Johnson24
  30. (tie for 29th) Le'Veon Bell24
  31. (tie for 29th) Dalvin Cook24
  32. (tie for 29th) Kerryon Johnson24
  33. (tie for 29th) James Conner24
  34. (tie for 29th) Amari Cooper24
  35. Kenny Golladay23
  36. Brandin Cooks22
What would you do to rookie draft pick values?  Multiply by 1.25?
Very cool, @Dan Hindery added a Superflex column this month.  Thanks!

We held a two person dispersal draft over the course of the last couple days. Conner went 1st overall.  Field included Chubb, Mixon, Julio. FWIW. 
It'd be tough for me to choose between Mixon & Conner if it's PPR. Conner outscored him by about 4 PPG, but I don't think we've seen Mixon hit his ceiling yet. I would put Chubb a distant 3rd since he's not going to catch many balls and Hunt is still a threat IMO. Julio slightly behind Chubb due to age and RB scarcity.

It'd be tough for me to choose between Mixon & Conner if it's PPR. Conner outscored him by about 4 PPG, but I don't think we've seen Mixon hit his ceiling yet. I would put Chubb a distant 3rd since he's not going to catch many balls and Hunt is still a threat IMO. Julio slightly behind Chubb due to age and RB scarcity.
In my full PPR league, Chubb averaged 22.55 PPG from Weeks 7-16.  RB6

Mixon was RB7 at 21.7 PPG.

Feel free to discount Chubb due to his pass catching but I don't think Mixon's ability puts him ahead of Chubb at all, certainly not by the substantial margin you have them separated by.

Yeah I like Conner a lot as well. I didn't think it was a bad pick at 1.1 I was just surprised a little. I would take either Mixon or Chubb first and Julio vs Conner would have been tough for me. 

How about DJ? Any recent trades? I gave up a 2020 first for him recently and I’m wondering  what the consensus is on his value.

How about DJ? Any recent trades? I gave up a 2020 first for him recently and I’m wondering  what the consensus is on his value.
I moved him for 2019 1.07 and a late 2020 1st. Some thought it was cheap but I am happy. I did not have a lot of interest and thought I'd take the 2 picks.

In my full PPR league, Chubb averaged 22.55 PPG from Weeks 7-16.  RB6

Mixon was RB7 at 21.7 PPG.

Feel free to discount Chubb due to his pass catching but I don't think Mixon's ability puts him ahead of Chubb at all, certainly not by the substantial margin you have them separated by.
I own all 3 of these guys in various leagues so no bias here, but I don't see Chubb sustaining his '18 second half numbers with Hunt there in the second half of the '19 season. I think Hunt is a talented guy that can still thrive outside KC's great situation. I could easily be wrong of course. I am trying to acquire Chubb in more leagues after the Hunt news so I'd be happy to be wrong if I can get him in more places.

Edit: And I shouldn't have typed "distant third" maybe more like easy third, for me at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funchess Wr Indy vs rookie picks ? I get offer 2020 2nd (most likely late) for him, I declined but thinking what it will be fair price ?

12 team, ppr, superflex

Looking for thoughts on this offfer:

Team A: Adam Thielen

Team B: Sam Darnold, 2020 1st (Late)

Funchess Wr Indy vs rookie picks ? I get offer 2020 2nd (most likely late) for him, I declined but thinking what it will be fair price ?
Funchess could end up being a glorified TE and score a bunch of red zone TDs. I think he’s pretty much useless as a WR, but I think he’s worth at least a better 2nd than what you’ve been offered. 

On the other hand, he may never be worth more. 

Funchess could end up being a glorified TE and score a bunch of red zone TDs. I think he’s pretty much useless as a WR, but I think he’s worth at least a better 2nd than what you’ve been offered. 

On the other hand, he may never be worth more. 
With Ebron and Doyle there I don’t even think he gets glorified te touches. However, the depth chart in Indy is pretty light, and luck looks like he’s healthy. I suppose I wouldn’t expect a better offer to come through this offseason, and I think I’d likely take it. 

How does the community see the PPR Dynasty value of Shady McCoy vs D'onta Foreman?
If I’m win now, and I’m looking for a vet, Shady still wouldn’t make the list since the McCoy owner probably still wants too much.  I’d pay a 3rd for him but that’s probably it.  I’d rather pay a higher price for a more stable kind of guy to win.  Foreman at least has a chance to help long term (especially if he survives the draft) if he’s healthy.  I’d take foreman in a vacuum.  

Philip Lindsay, I added this guy last year. I admit I'm not the biggest fan of his, but I don't see how his value is so low. Lindsay put up a great rookie season outplaying the SP darling Freeman, relegating him to a cop back. I know everybody liked Freeman, but you can see what happened on the field and adjust. Freeman's draft capital should take a back seat to performance on the field. Especially with a new sheriff in town not attached to last years draft class.

Philip Lindsay, I added this guy last year. I admit I'm not the biggest fan of his, but I don't see how his value is so low. Lindsay put up a great rookie season outplaying the SP darling Freeman, relegating him to a cop back. I know everybody liked Freeman, but you can see what happened on the field and adjust. Freeman's draft capital should take a back seat to performance on the field. Especially with a new sheriff in town not attached to last years draft class.
I'm an owner and kind of see this both ways. I'm a fan of his game and actually think he was under-utilised in the passing game so there's still some upside there if they figure that out. He's also such a fan favourite and success story for the Broncos as a UDFA that I don't think they'd actively marginalise him in favour of Freeman, despite his lack of 'status'. 

I agree that the draft capital stuff shouldn't matter at this point (although Freeman was only a 3rd round pick so it's not like they spent that much on him either) but there's the uncertainty of a new coaching staff and the wrist injury is a bit concerning to me. There's also his age as a second year player, which is probably a turn off for some owners. 

I look at his ADP and I think it seems a bit high actually - not for what he did in terms of production, but in the sense that I don't feel like that's his actual value in leagues. That is, I see a lot of guys ranked below him in typical rankings that I don't think you could get in a trade straight up for Lindsay. 

I look at his ADP and I think it seems a bit high actually - not for what he did in terms of production, but in the sense that I don't feel like that's his actual value in leagues. That is, I see a lot of guys ranked below him in typical rankings that I don't think you could get in a trade straight up for Lindsay. 
I agree with this. I've been trying to move him all off season. Nobody seems to want him.

Seems fair. If you really need the depth keep funches but he just isn't worth much as you don't want to start him. 

Now that startup season has arrived. Curious as to other's thoughts on random 2020 1sts. Pre startup draft what 2019 startup pick do you equate as egual value if you are trading for a random 2020 1st?? I'm mainly talking FFPC as my baseline here, not sure that matters. In prior year's I've put that value as about a mid 6th but curious about others, is that high, low, about right?? Does it change due to expectations of the 2020 class??

Now that startup season has arrived. Curious as to other's thoughts on random 2020 1sts. Pre startup draft what 2019 startup pick do you equate as egual value if you are trading for a random 2020 1st?? I'm mainly talking FFPC as my baseline here, not sure that matters. In prior year's I've put that value as about a mid 6th but curious about others, is that high, low, about right?? Does it change due to expectations of the 2020 class??
Seems to have stayed about the same.  I’m in a startup now, rookies are going off the board starting in the 4th, but there have been multiple trade downs from the 3rd to 4th including a 2020 1st.  Nobody did any deals straight up for a 1st yet (we’re in the mid 4th) but maybe soon.  I’ll update when/if something happens.    

Royce Freeman? 

where do we put him on value for draft picks?

what kind of offense do people think Fangio/Scangarello runs? better for Lindsay, or Freeeman?

Royce Freeman? 

where do we put him on value for draft picks?

what kind of offense do people think Fangio runs? better for Lindsay, or Freeeman?
Graham Barfield posted that Flacco targets RB’s at ~24% over the past three seasons. Someone is going to be valuable in that backfield.

Start one QB league, 12 team TE premium

Team A has Baker, Dak at qb, Gurley, Fournette, Barkley at RB

Team B is offering Dalvin Cook straight up for Baker......

Thoughts?

I prefer Lindsay to any rookie running back in this class, but if I needed a wide receiver I wouldn’t trade that pick for Lindsay.  Could see either way really.
I should have mentioned that it was a PPR league. I'm in decent shape at WR but really desperate at RB.

For the entertainment value of sitting on that pick for next month I'd not give it up for Lindsay.  Though when it actually comes time to make the pick  I'm pretty sure I'd rather have Lindsay, especially in a  typical PPR  league.
I'm assuming that if Jacobs ends up in a reasonable situation he will be gone by pick 4. Not sure I'd take a different RB at that point and probably wouldn't want one compared to Lindsay.

Biabreakable said:
Some times gifts just fall out of the sky.
yeah 😕

this owner is notorious for making bad deals and more than a few to me

honestly am considering declining because I think that some owners will rage quit the league

Users who are viewing this thread