Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread

15 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Yeah you're a lot higher on him than me. I'm trying to remember the last time detroit had a top 10 TE in FF. Not saying they haven't but I can't recall one.....

Pettigrew had a top-10 year, maybe 2. But I'm not sure the Lions track record at TE really matters. Bevell has had top-10 TE's, and obviously the Patriots did too. Its clearly a position that Patricia and co. value, or else they wouldn't have taken a guy in the top-10. 

I don't think it should be held against the current Lions staff, that the prior staff got less out of Ebron than the Colts did. 

I'm actually not a giant fan of his, I though he went about a dozen picks too high in the draft, but, he's there now, and they clearly really like him, so I'm mostly on board. I rate him at rookie pick 1.7 myself. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tentative rookie RB/WR tiers after diving into clips and stats this weekend:   RB Josh Jacobs, Raiders - No major weaknesses and walks into a starting role. Power, hands, elusiveness, and e

That is interesting. As a Gordon owner here and there, I think I'd have jumped on that offer in any league I have him, without even looking at my own roster or that of the owner sending me the pick.

Fixed

32 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Pettigrew had a top-10 year, maybe 2. But I'm not sure the Lions track record at TE really matters. Bevell has had top-10 TE's, and obviously the Patriots did too. Its clearly a position that Patricia and co. value, or else they wouldn't have taken a guy in the top-10. 

I don't think it should be held against the current Lions staff, that the prior staff got less out of Ebron than the Colts did. 

I'm actually not a giant fan of his, I though he went about a dozen picks too high in the draft, but, he's there now, and they clearly really like him, so I'm mostly on board. I rate him at rookie pick 1.7 myself. 

2010 and 2011 Pettigrew were decent. Been a bad place for TE since and it wasn't like Pettigrew was amazing. So they had a mid level TE 1 once when Stafford threw for 5000k and 41 TDs. Stafford has only broke 30 tds in a season once since than.

I just don't see it as a great landing spot and won't be drafting him on any of my teams. If I like what I see on the field I'll trade for him in the offseason because I see his value going down this season because of a lack of targets. 

Edited by Milkman
10 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Why not?

In the case of Hockenson, I much prefer Fant as an overall prospect and especially for fantasy. That's part of it (although I know it's irrelevant to this scenario). I just don't see much upside with Hockenson - he's more 'solid' to me and I'm less interested in that. In the case of JJAW, I have concerns about his ability to separate in the NFL and I just think people are expecting too much out of him, I presume based on his situation in a year or two. He just looks like a decent WR3 type to me.  

16 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

I think he wins snaps from Agholor sooner than later. Djax isn't a high volume guy. Jeffery will miss games. Ertz is the biggest target barrier. That is year one, though. Year two JJAW is the #1b to Ertz #1a. 

But you're right there is a lot in front of him. 

Agholor has been a rumor cut ($$) for a while;  Alshon will likely not be back after 2020 (his new contract is back loaded IIRC).   DJax is here for 1 year?  He will turn 33 during the season and has clearly lost a step and I believe he might be more a "mentor" to JJAW than WR target from other than 3-4 WR sets. 

True that Ertz & RB in Play Action role will be heavily involved, but I believe JJAW will be the Eagles WR1 in 2021.  

51 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

Agholor has been a rumor cut ($$) for a while;  Alshon will likely not be back after 2020 (his new contract is back loaded IIRC).   DJax is here for 1 year?  He will turn 33 during the season and has clearly lost a step and I believe he might be more a "mentor" to JJAW than WR target from other than 3-4 WR sets. 

True that Ertz & RB in Play Action role will be heavily involved, but I believe JJAW will be the Eagles WR1 in 2021.  

Agholor is a UFA after this season.

You left out Dallas Goedert. I believe he'll be a big part of their passing game, particularly in the RZ. The Eagles have a lot of receiving weapons.

17 hours ago, Milkman said:

Yeah you're a lot higher on him than me. I'm trying to remember the last time detroit had a top 10 TE in FF. Not saying they haven't but I can't recall one.....

A team's previous stats under a different coaching staff and system really have no baring on the future.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

A team's previous stats under a different coaching staff and system really have no baring on the future.

The QB you play with does though......draft away if you like him. You never know and he was drafted high so the coaches will push him to prove how right they were about him. 

On 7/23/2019 at 12:21 PM, hispeedthinmint said:

Which late round rookie draft RBs is everyone looking at?

I've taken some waiver flyers on Ty Johnson. Good athlete. Decent clips. Probably lacks the size and/or dynamic running ability to be a pro starter, but there's enough there for me to kick the tires. He's a player I'll monitor in the preseason to see if he can make a splash.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, EBF said:

I've taken some waiver flyers on Ty Johnson. Good athlete. Decent clips. Probably lacks the size and/or dynamic running ability to be a pro starter, but there's enough there for me to kick the tires. He's a player I'll monitor in the preseason to see if he can make a splash.

You aren't the only one. Randomly got an offer of Chris Thompson for my Ty Johnson waiver pickup last month and ran with it. So there are like-minded owners out there. He is intriguing. 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

You aren't the only one. Randomly got an offer of Chris Thompson for my Ty Johnson waiver pickup last month and ran with it. So there are like-minded owners out there. He is intriguing. 

That's a really bold move. I think its probably less than 50% chance Johnson makes the Lions. Johnson, Anderson, Riddick, and Zenner are all in his way, and all bring things to the table(though Riddick has been rumored to be on the way out) meanwhile, Thompson is a locked in 3rd down back(albeit with as many durability issues as any RB in the league) and unless Bryce Love is ready sooner than expected, is pretty safe in that role.

• Like 1
Just now, travdogg said:

That's a really bold move. I think its probably less than 50% chance Johnson makes the Lions. Johnson, Anderson, Riddick, and Zenner are all in his way, and all bring things to the table(though Riddick has been rumored to be on the way out) meanwhile, Thompson is a locked in 3rd down back(albeit with as many durability issues as any RB in the league) and unless Bryce Love is ready sooner than expected, is pretty safe in that role.

Is it that bold? Sure, Johnson is a pure flier but is Chris Thompson helping many dynasty teams over the next couple of years? I'm not so sure. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RushHour said:

Is it that bold? Sure, Johnson is a pure flier but is Chris Thompson helping many dynasty teams over the next couple of years? I'm not so sure. 

Thompson isn't a building block by any means. But he was a pretty useful player in 2017. He averaged 15 points a week that year, which is well above flier territory.

Even last year he averaged 9 points per game, despite never been 100%, and having only 1 TD. 

Unless either Love is more ready than we think, Thompson will probably see 8-10 touches a week, and maybe more if the Redskins spend a lot of time trailing in 4th quarters. Guice and Peterson are no threats to his role.

Again, he's not a guy I'm targeting by any means, but he's not worthless, and I can't say that about Ty Johnson.

19 minutes ago, travdogg said:

That was my take. CT is probably a bye week flex at best but Johnson is probably a cut. All my rosters are very top heavy so I was happy for the depth. 

Ty Johnson does have a certain something when you watch him though, he's boom/bust I think. 

3 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Who's the best dart throw around 3.05 in PPR?

McLaurin, Boykin, Bruce Anderson, Snell, Foles, Tom Brady, T. Williams, Lock. D. Jones or someone else....

Probably Brady of that group. He could still be a solid contributor this year, I'm sure if any of those guys ever will be.

If you're in a startup where do you want to pick from?  choose your draft slot basically.  1-12 where do you want?  Assume's a snake draft.  

I'm thinking spot 3 or 8.  3 if I want to grab a top tiered RB or 8 that I can grab 2 elite WR's in rounds 1 and 2.  Not sure how I feel honestly.  Probably lean towards later in the round, but I'm unsure.  

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

If you're in a startup where do you want to pick from?  choose your draft slot basically.  1-12 where do you want?  Assume's a snake draft.  

I'm thinking spot 3 or 8.  3 if I want to grab a top tiered RB or 8 that I can grab 2 elite WR's in rounds 1 and 2.  Not sure how I feel honestly.  Probably lean towards later in the round, but I'm unsure.  

If I am in a start up I would choose not to do a snake draft.  That is a terrible way to start a dynasty league as it doesn't give everyone equal shot to get the player they want. 

If for some reason auction did not exist then I just want to be on an end.  I hate the middle.  1-3 or 10-12

7 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

McLaurin, Boykin, Bruce Anderson, Snell, Foles, Tom Brady, T. Williams, Lock. D. Jones or someone else....

Brady is a logical first choice ff you need a QB.. Give me Boykin if not. Boykin has a high ceiling and the depth chart is wide open. Those are the types I prefer to gamble on at that point in the draft if the QB and TE's I like are off the board.

1 hour ago, Zyphros said:

1st is the easiest choice it's ever been.

Saquon is the best 1.01 we've had since a young LT2.  And there's a big dropoff this year after about 3.04 so picking 1st gets you 3 picks prior to that.  In some leagues guys like Gurley or Tyreek are still falling to the end of the 2nd.

1 hour ago, Zyphros said:

I believe the numbers guys have said that #1 is the highest probability of winning immediately, followed by the middle picks 6, 5, 7, then 12, 11.  That's more of a redraft mindset, but I like to trade during startups and it's far easier to do that when you are in the middle of every round instead of having two picks at the end.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Zyphros said:

I think I’d go 8 and get the WRs. Find RBs a bit later or in the future. RBs fortunes change quickly.

11 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

In a non ppr league i offered Brady for 3.5 to get mclaurin and was rejected. He'd be my first choice if I'm swinging for the fences - he's talented and has history with their qb of the future, and that depth chart is wide open. 

I'd take Brady if i had an immediate need at qb. I'd take Daniel Jones if you have deep rosters and can afford to hang on to him and Bruce Anderson if you have deep starting lineups where you can start 3 rbs and have an immediate need. 

All those guys are decent darts but that's how i see it. 

51 minutes ago, jm192 said:

Damien Williams or D Freeman?  I can trade for 1 of the 2.  

I like Williams better for this year, but don’t trust him long term.  

I like Williams better for this year and if he is any good this year I think he's got multi year potential. I like Freeman but he may have been a product of Shanahan, he's coming off injury and he's getting paid a lot.  If he has a down year or gets hurt who knows what happens next year.  Give me Williams by a lot. 

13 hours ago, bostonfred said:

I like Williams better for this year and if he is any good this year I think he's got multi year potential. I like Freeman but he may have been a product of Shanahan, he's coming off injury and he's getting paid a lot.  If he has a down year or gets hurt who knows what happens next year.  Give me Williams by a lot. 

Different strokes I guess. I like Freeman by a lot. He's got more than a 50 carry sample size of being a quality RB, and while I agree those 2015-2016 numbers aren't coming back, I think he's still a solid RB2. Williams probably does have a higher ceiling, but his floor is that he falls into a RBBC this year, and is fully replaced next year. I could also see Williams replaced by Hyde at the GL, its the 1 thing Hyde is good at. 

25 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Different strokes I guess. I like Freeman by a lot. He's got more than a 50 carry sample size of being a quality RB, and while I agree those 2015-2016 numbers aren't coming back, I think he's still a solid RB2. Williams probably does have a higher ceiling, but his floor is that he falls into a RBBC this year, and is fully replaced next year. I could also see Williams replaced by Hyde at the GL, its the 1 thing Hyde is good at. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HydeCa00/splits/

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillDa05/splits/

Williams is better than hyde in short yardage. 

10 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Plus, I don't really see Reid subbing out Damien for Hyde much at the goaline.  He likes to funnel targets to his RB's in the redzone a lot, and Damien is worlds better at that than Hyde.  Better at pass protection, too.  

10 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

What wr would you target in return for a late 2020 1st?

Christian Kirk or Chris Godwin.  But with all the hype surrounding Godwin now, I'm not sure anyone's selling him for that.  But Kirk is a possibility.  I like them both quite a bit.

41 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Christian Kirk or Chris Godwin.  But with all the hype surrounding Godwin now, I'm not sure anyone's selling him for that.  But Kirk is a possibility.  I like them both quite a bit.

I'm not big on kirk (think Isabella is the guy there soon) and already own Godwin - but thank you!

I doubt you can get Kirk for a late 1st anyway.  I wouldn't trade him for that.  Everyone's values are different, though.  Other WRs you can potentially target are Boyd, Pettis, Jeffrey, Fuller, and Marvin Jones.  Pre-injury Shepard could have been a target, but not sure if you would want to pay that for him until he's healthy.  I have Shepard in a league and that's about what I would be looking for if I were to trade him.  AJ Green could also potentially be available for a late 1st with his latest injury, although the news is that he will be back before the season and while healthy I would expect him to put up better numbers than the other WRs I mentioned.  

21 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

What's Tyler Boyd's dynasty PPR value today? Guy is trying hard to buy him off me, but I just think his team is so bad he can't offer enough

I sold him for 1.06 back in maybe April. I also moved him straight up for Mark Ingram and my trade partner autoaccepted. But I am in love with Ingram in Baltimore for this year. FWIW. Oh I also paid a 2020 1st, Duke Johnson and Jimmy Graham for Boyd, a 2020 2nd and 4.06. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I sold him for 1.06 back in maybe April. I also moved him straight up for Mark Ingram and my trade partner autoaccepted. But I am in love with Ingram in Baltimore for this year. FWIW. Oh I also paid a 2020 1st, Duke Johnson and Jimmy Graham for Boyd, a 2020 2nd and 4.06. 

Imo the only deal you won here is the one where you bought Boyd. Where you sold I think you lost. But who knows. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Awesome. The guy who wants him only has guys like L. Miller, R. Anderson, J. Washington, Henry, Drake, JimmyG, J. Allen. Start 1 QB so don't need them & I think he's worth more than just Henry

I own Henry and don’t think I’d give him up for Boyd.

• Thanks 1
On 7/28/2019 at 12:53 AM, wgoldsph said:

I'm not big on kirk (think Isabella is the guy there soon) and already own Godwin - but thank you!

Isabella is running 4th currently behind Kirk, Fitz & KeeShean Johnson

• Like 1

Isabella has about a 5% chance of over taking Kirk at any point in his carear, he has a very limited route tree and got by in college on his speed

By the end of the season, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Devin Singletary is the #1 RB in Buffalo (but splitting carries with McCoy and Gore(, and I think the odds are huge in his favor that he's the unquestioned #1 next year. 

He is getting a lot of run with the #1s already and a lot of praise for front office brass, coaches and teammates (as well as local sports media).

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

By the end of the season, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Devin Singletary is the #1 RB in Buffalo (but splitting carries with McCoy and Gore(, and I think the odds are huge in his favor that he's the unquestioned #1 next year. 

He is getting a lot of run with the #1s already and a lot of praise for front office brass, coaches and teammates (as well as local sports media).

Some training camp reports mean more than others. KeeSean Johnson in Arizona and the Butler fellow in New Orleans, just my opinion carry more weight than Singletary getting work in Buffalo. Could very well be the case of McCoy and Gore, both over 30, needing rest more than practice reps. They know how to get themselves ready for real football and need no evaluation either.

As far as Singletary looking totally awesome, grain of salt perhaps. There are very few opinions of drafted rookies looking terrible, thus such reports have more meaning than the routine "rookie looks good".  While I'm about ready to give up on Rosen, I think it's a little early to move the needle on Singletary. I can't wait to watch him in pre-season though.

Edited by cloppbeast
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

Some training camp reports mean more than others. KeeSean Johnson in Arizona and the Butler fellow in New Orleans, just my opinion carry more weight than Singletary getting work in Buffalo. Could very well be the case of McCoy and Gore, both over 30, needing rest more than practice reps. They know how to get themselves ready for real football and need no evaluation either.

As far as Singletary looking totally awesome, grain of salt perhaps. There are very few opinions of drafted rookies looking terrible, thus such reports have more meaning than the routine "rookie looks good".  While I'm about ready to give up on Rosen, I think it's a little early to move the needle on Singletary. I can't wait to watch him in pre-season though.

Agreed, it's still early. But certain situations and certain comments mean more than others. Brandon Beane talking about how Singletary's tape was the most exciting he watched carries weight. Josh Allen saying that Singletary understands how to read defenses and what spots to get to like a veteran carries weight. Singletary getting the 1st team reps versus Yeldon and Murphy getting none carries weight. And an aging McCoy and Gore with only 1 year contracts (and Yeldon with a 2 year easy to get out of one) carries weight.

There's certainly no guarantees, but I think the evidence is very very strong that the Bills' current plan/hope is for Singletary to become their #1 RB by next year.

Bills reporters like Joe Buscaglia and Matthew Fairburn don't typically sugarcoat things and I have yet to hear a negative thing about Singletary from them. So at the very least, we know that he hasn't fallen on his face or doesn't look like he is clearly lacking ability to succeed in the NFL (for comparison, they've been fairly quick to call out Cody Ford for getting beat by speed rushes by even a 7th round rookie, something that was a potential concern for him at OT).

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Penguin said:

Isabella has about a 5% chance of over taking Kirk at any point in his carear, he has a very limited route tree and got by in college on his speed

I thought this was a very odd statement, so I went and looked in the Isabella thread.  You are literally the only person who thinks that his route tree is limited, and there are plenty of posters who I respect, along with plenty of scouting reports that say otherwise.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, tangfoot said:

I thought this was a very odd statement, so I went and looked in the Isabella thread.  You are literally the only person who thinks that his route tree is limited, and there are plenty of posters who I respect, along with plenty of scouting reports that say otherwise.

My buddy went to Cards camp last week and said Isabella was juking DB’s so hard they were falling down, getting up and throwing their hands in the air. Just one data point, but he’s looking like he belongs, at least for now.

3 minutes ago, kutta said:

My buddy went to Cards camp last week and said Isabella was juking DB’s so hard they were falling down, getting up and throwing their hands in the air. Just one data point, but he’s looking like he belongs, at least for now.

Or the Cards DBs are complete ####e.

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
14 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Imo the only deal you won here is the one where you bought Boyd. Where you sold I think you lost. But who knows. 

Yeah I hear you. In the two I sold him I was elite at WR and may never start him. The one I bought him I am in dire need of WR. So yes perhaps in terms of raw value I could have done better where I sold, but in one league I cleared vital roster space, which is hard to quantify.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 8:28 PM, hispeedthinmint said:

So what's D. Henry's value in PPR in relation to guys like AR15?

I don't want Robinson. 

They'll keep running the ball and spreading the wealth.  Between injuries and what have you, I fear he's doomed to be an 850 and 5 TD guy the rest of his career.  

• Sad 1