What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (7 Viewers)

For the guys advocating for keeping Hunt, what would it take in terms of a WR or 2020 draft pick for you to part with him?
After his latest run-in, I’d let him go for anything in the 1.06-1.08 range. Player wise, if I could get like a Chark I’d jump all over it. I don’t think a suspension or anything is coming from his traffic stop, but it does make me wonder if we’re just waiting for his next incident to happen.  Maybe he’s just kind of a knucklehead? And this could give pause to teams that were hoping to sign him in free agency. 

After his latest run-in, I’d let him go for anything in the 1.06-1.08 range. Player wise, if I could get like a Chark I’d jump all over it. I don’t think a suspension or anything is coming from his traffic stop, but it does make me wonder if we’re just waiting for his next incident to happen.  Maybe he’s just kind of a knucklehead? And this could give pause to teams that were hoping to sign him in free agency. 
Not sure you would get that good of an offer for a player who is so close to jeapordizing his playing career.   Granted, the speeding ticket alone is not the issue, but the whole life choices he is making and how it is creating problems for teams.....  I am not interested in him for anything more than late 2nd or John Ross caliber player.  

Sorry, you're not getting anything near that.

Not sure you would get that good of an offer for a player who is so close to jeapordizing his playing career.   Granted, the speeding ticket alone is not the issue, but the whole life choices he is making and how it is creating problems for teams.....  I am not interested in him for anything more than late 2nd or John Ross caliber player.  
I don’t disagree. I don’t own Hunt, but the guy who does received an offer for him for the 1.10 a couple weeks ago and immediately shot it down. I’d be interested to know if he’d take that now, but I doubt it’s still on the table. 

Fair enough. Like I said, I don’t own him I’m just going by what I know has been offered for him lately and what has been turned down. That said, if I did own him and all I was getting offered was 2nds, I’m holding at that point. 

After his latest run-in, I’d let him go for anything in the 1.06-1.08 range.
My position on him remains as it was when this offseason started and that's he is value rests largely on how FA goes for him.  If he gets out of Cleveland this year instead of needing to wait another year in hopes it happens his value soars. I understand that video is another obstacle for this to happen that's still what drives his value to me, not the video or any suspension risk.  And when I say get out of Cleveland that just means landing more of a feature back role, nothing against Cleveland.

If he can get a starting spot,  you could not get him from me for 1.6-1.8. So maybe you can't get that today, bet you can if he FA goes well for him.

But Andy you say nothing near that and I value him over a late one right now.

Fair enough. Like I said, I don’t own him I’m just going by what I know has been offered for him lately and what has been turned down. That said, if I did own him and all I was getting offered was 2nds, I’m holding at that point. 
As one who let Tyreek Hill go for peanuts and later really regretted it, this would probably be the right course of action.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you guys see Marlon Mack’s value at currently? I’ve been offered him straight up for Minshew (two QB dynasty) and I’m debating on whether or not to pull the trigger. I’d still have Russell, Kyler, Tanny and Mariota at QB. 

Where do you guys see Marlon Mack’s value at currently? I’ve been offered him straight up for Minshew (two QB dynasty) and I’m debating on whether or not to pull the trigger. I’d still have Russell, Kyler, Tanny and Mariota at QB. 
I'd pass for Minshew pretty easily.  I'd need a top12 QB for Mack.  Plus I don't think we've really seen what Minshew is yet, I'm a little skeptical.  

The start 2 QB thing makes this a lot closer but I think I do this if Mack upgrades a starter. Tannehill probably enters the season as a starter and Mariota probably enters the season as a backup so you won't be flush with bench talent.

My money would be on Minshew winning the job but I would not assume he will be the Jags opening day starting QB. Marrone has already said it's a competition. I get that Minshew is young but Marrone needs to win like yesterday to keep his job. And yes I know Foles got benched for him last year but it's possible the layoff impacted him. Now Foles losing the OC whose system he was familiar certainly does give Minshew a huge leg up when he likely already was the favorite but I still would not be shocked if he lost the job.

I don't imagine they can find anyone to take Foles off their hands via trade but got to think if by slim chance they could, they'd have a lot of interest in Dalton.

Rank these TE's for their future dynasty value

Gerald Everett, Tyler Higbee, Ian Thomas, Jonnu Smith, Irv Smith Jr, Hayden Hurst, Will Dissly

All of them showed off a little this year at times, all are basically 26 or younger (except Higbee who is 27), and all are potential breakout's next year.  
Personally I'd rank them:

Jonnu Smith

Tyler Higbee

Ian Thomas

Irv Smith Jr

Will Dissly

Gerald Everett

Hayden Hurst
It seems like Mike Gesicki should be in this discussion. He's turning 25 and entering his 3rd season. Started to come on a bit at the end of last season.

It seems like Mike Gesicki should be in this discussion. He's turning 25 and entering his 3rd season. Started to come on a bit at the end of last season.
True. I've never been a fan of Gesicki and I wouldn't be keen to acquire him, but he'd still be about in the middle of this pack for me. 

Kerryon Johnson ? I offered 1.11 for him but owner counter with Kerryon for my 1.11 and 1.12 …..not sure about two late 1sts 

Kerryon Johnson ? I offered 1.11 for him but owner counter with Kerryon for my 1.11 and 1.12 …..not sure about two late 1sts 
Took one of biggest falls in terms of stock for me this year but fwiw I started from a point of really being high on him.  Was one of my top RB's I was trying to buy last off season along with Dalvin and Fournette. Sometimes being lucky is better then being good because I had success buying the first two and struck out buying Kerryon.

He had a chance to make Patrica rethink using such a RBBC approach but he went down, they liked what they got out of Scarbrough and all I'm hearing now from multiple Lion beat writers  is a rotation involving those two plus Ty Johnson next year is the plan.  The 1.11 was a solid offer, I'd hard pass at what is being asked of you to give.

Not sure I agree with your valuation there.  TEs are hard to come by.  Especially 1000 yard TEs that play in a very TE friendly offense.  Samuel is in a run friendly offense and his numbers will be limited.  Plus, I don't value future picks as high since who knows where they will be.  Due to not having a fall back option (other than Fant) I'd have to get great value to make the trade in the 1st place.  This is a guy that gave up his 1st and Brandin Cooks for DJ early this year.

Not sure I agree with your valuation there.  TEs are hard to come by.  Especially 1000 yard TEs that play in a very TE friendly offense.
Top TEs are hard to come by, and middling TEs abound.  I'm not willing to put Waller in the first group after watching what was very likely to be his career-best season.

There's still some questions about who the QB will be in Las Vegas next year, and I don't know if targeting the TE so heavily was a feature or a bug.  It's clear that the team was bereft of WR options, but does that continue?

Honestly, I would put it at 50/50 that Fant outscores Waller this year.

There's still some questions about who the QB will be in Las Vegas next year, and I don't know if targeting the TE so heavily was a feature or a bug.  It's clear that the team was bereft of WR options, but does that continue?

This was my thought as well. Waller had a nice season but on a ppg basis he was TE5 (within 0.2ppg of TE7). If the Raiders add a good WR, Waller's numbers will drop. Now would be the time to trade him imo, a late 1st in this years rookie draft is pretty good. That said, if he's your only option I could see holding on to him.

That is mostly my issue is the no other option.  Jared Cook killed it in that offense the year before too.  Also, if TB12 goes there he will target a big TE too.  If I could get a 1st this year in a loaded draft I would for sure but the most interest is from a guy without a 1st and probably unwilling to trade his 2nd.  Thanks for the input fellas.  

I can’t imagine any decent owner giving up a first for Waller. The Raiders May have had the worst wrs in football which inflated his numbers a lot. I’d rather miss the boat than overpay in this case.

Waller was hampered by a lack of end zone and red zone looks even when The Raiders were essentially playing with three WR3s. That's a coaches' decision, really. And once Tyrell Williams came back and Renfrow picked up, that ate into his yardage, too. I'd be wary of Waller. 

Yikes. Dude just moved Mahomes for Mack today. Pretty sure that's gotta be considered an outlier but still.

Top TEs are hard to come by, and middling TEs abound.  I'm not willing to put Waller in the first group after watching what was very likely to be his career-best season.

I could move forward with the younger Fant over Waller myself.  And would take Deebo for Waller.

I'm shopping Julio and L. Bell in one of my PPR dynasty leagues for a RB upgrade. What kind of RB would you expect in return? Curious to what most would require to move that duo... 

I'm shopping Julio and L. Bell in one of my PPR dynasty leagues for a RB upgrade. What kind of RB would you expect in return? Curious to what most would require to move that duo... 
I wouldn’t actively sell Julio anywhere. Put him on the trade block and let someone come to you. His situation isn’t going to get any worse here and he’s kind of devalued right now because of his age plus al the incoming rookie hype. If you are sending out offers with Julio, you’re going to get a return on him that is likely worth less than the value you get from actually playing him

I actually moved that exact duo in the same trade last week.  I also gave up pick 20 and got back back picks 3 and 4. I will say that exceeded my expectations and it was more of a counter offer then my trying to deal them. 

gabes1919 said:
I wouldn’t actively sell Julio anywhere. Put him on the trade block and let someone come to you. His situation isn’t going to get any worse here and he’s kind of devalued right now because of his age plus al the incoming rookie hype. If you are sending out offers with Julio, you’re going to get a return on him that is likely worth less than the value you get from actually playing him
Agree with this. Julio will outperform his trade value.

Agree with this. Julio will outperform his trade value.
I'd have a hard time turning down a top-5 pick for him.  I can't imagine he will be able to sustain that kind of return for much longer.

It also depends on how realistic you think your chances at competing are.

I'd have a hard time turning down a top-5 pick for him.  I can't imagine he will be able to sustain that kind of return for much longer.

It also depends on how realistic you think your chances at competing are.
I know we're forward looking, but Julio has finished 2, 1, 2 in receiving yards the last 3 years. I don't see any signs of him not being elite still.

Like, what is a WR who finishes top 2 in yards 3 years in a row worth in terms of rookie picks? I don't think Julio is valued anywhere close to that. Certainly the makeup of your team would influence how highly you value him, but he's way undervalued on the trade market in my opinion.

Like, what is a WR who finishes top 2 in yards 3 years in a row worth in terms of rookie picks? I don't think Julio is valued anywhere close to that. Certainly the makeup of your team would influence how highly you value him, but he's way undervalued on the trade market in my opinion.
And what was Antonio Brown worth while he was performing the exact same feat?  What's he worth today?

I am pointing out an extreme situation from literally the #1 WR in the NFL to out of the league in a matter of weeks, but AB wasn't pulling in premium value in trades either.  And then his value went straight into the pooper.

Calvin Johnson is another example.  The end comes quick when it comes, even for WRs who are seemingly still at the top of their game.

I know we're forward looking, but Julio has finished 2, 1, 2 in receiving yards the last 3 years. I don't see any signs of him not being elite still.
We all know the end often comes suddenly and without warning signs.  Sometimes guys taper off slowly, but at least as often if not moreso guys just suddenly drop off a cliff, like Jordy Nelson who was 97-1300-14 at age 31 and then never had another useful fantasy season.

It's possible the Julio will pull a Frank Gore or TO and be useful into his mid-30's, but those kind of guys are by far the exception.

Last edited by a moderator:
All good points, guys, in terms of falling off a cliff. If I were betting on someone to retain their stats well into their 30s, it would be someone who has the size, speed, durability, and stable offensive environment that Julio has. Maybe I should be looking to acquire him where I can. 

What pick this year is the most you’d pay for an unknown future 1st?
Based on my attempts to move a 2021 1st into a 2020 1st it sounds like the 1.12 is too expensive. I mostly play FFPC rules so you have to compete for draft order even within the toilet bowl, so future draft position can really be a crapshoot. I've been told my teams look too good to be worth it for a potential trade partner to move their current year 1st rounder. I think they were just politely declining because nobody is moving future picks for current picks that I've seen. As for the picks I hold, I think 1.10 is about where I draw the line but I'm not necessarily trying to shop it.

Users who are viewing this thread