What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (8 Viewers)

If there's a season, Adams is the guy I'd make my bet on to be WR1 by the end of the year.  I tried inquiring about him in a few places, and it doesn't seem like people are giving him up at all.  I never made an offer but that offer wouldn't do it for me the way I view Adams' 2020 season right now.  It's not insulting but like I said, Adams is my best bet to lead the league in points at WR.  

In his case I'd say he's a top tier WR talent who's likely hit their prime years or on the decline, they're worth 2 early 1sts minimum.  To trade him I'd need studly youth.  Kupp is basically the same age, Hunt is a COP back for the rest of his career very likely, Montgomery is a career backup.  It looks lateral to me in terms of age, and below market in terms of production. 
Yeah, if there is a season for redraft, I have Michael Thomas in a tier by himself. Then I have Adams and Julio in a tier by themselves. Then it's a drop off to a bunch of other players in a 3rd tier that are good but not like those three. I've never successfully bought MT or DA through trade, and I've never even attempted to shop the two Adams shares I own. Julio has bounced around plenty and is seen in lots of deals, but is obviously the oldest and cheapest. For me it would take a godfather offer to get Adams from me. Like a top 3 current RB to start a conversation. Even if that means I have to add to Adams to get Barkley, for example, I would at least talk. Of the young WRs I think the only ones that would get me started would be Godwin, Juju, Metcalf, AJ Brown, McLaurin. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Price check on Fournette in PPR? I would like to package him with another player for a RB upgrade. I have plenty of WR depth to add to the deal & even some break out TE candidate guys like Herndon.
Received an offer of 1.12 and 3.06 about 15 minutes ago but haven’t responded yet. I think he will be productive this season but who knows after that. I’m thinking I should get out while I have a chance. 

looking for a price check as well , I just don't follow football that much anymore so trying to see how far off my value is for Bridgewater

14 team 35 man roster IDP SUPER FLEX TE Prem 
start
1 qb, 1 rb ,3 wr, 1 te ,2 any position , 2 dl , 3 lb , 3db 
qb scoring 4 pt for throw td , 6 for rushing , .05 passing yards , .1 completion ,-.15 incompletion , -1 interceptions
rb .5 for catch
wr 1 for catch 
te 2 for catch 
for comparison
top 5 qb
Jackson 446 30 ppg
Watson368
Prescott  363
Winston 351
Wilson 343
top rb
McCaffery 394 26 ppg
jone 276
top wr
Thomas 368 25 ppg 
Goodwin 276
top te 
Kelce 343  23 ppg 
ertz 304 

in his start last year he average 13 ppg 
im assuming 2 things , he will average 18 ppg and should start at least 3 years in Carolina 

is he worth a late 1st or a wr that averages 15 ppg with 3-4 years left 
how wrong am I on all this 

thanks

If there's a season, Adams is the guy I'd make my bet on to be WR1 by the end of the year.  I tried inquiring about him in a few places, and it doesn't seem like people are giving him up at all.  I never made an offer but that offer wouldn't do it for me the way I view Adams' 2020 season right now.  It's not insulting but like I said, Adams is my best bet to lead the league in points at WR.  

In his case I'd say he's a top tier WR talent who's likely hit their prime years or on the decline, they're worth 2 early 1sts minimum.  To trade him I'd need studly youth.  Kupp is basically the same age, Hunt is a COP back for the rest of his career very likely, Montgomery is a career backup.  It looks lateral to me in terms of age, and below market in terms of production. 
Thanks for the feedback...  so I guess I am looking at shadows when there is nothing there!  

When I lost Woods due to concussion & TY Hilton last year, I traded both of them & my 2020 1st for Adams & a 3rd. 

Curious if others think this is a fair trade, 12 team PPR dynasty league

Team A gets: Fournette and B. Cooks

Team B gets: 1.3

Does that look like fair value? if not what makes it more even? 

I would much rather have the 1.3 and it really isn't close...at 1.3 you are looking at a potential stud...easy enough...on the other side Fournette's value is an accident waiting to happen as far as Dynasty is concerned so if you can cash out for something that big it's a major plus...Cook is someone I am in no rush to own...there is value there but he has legit concussion issues and just not a guy I would be targeting when giving up a big time asset like the 1.3...the allure to some owners of the Fournette/Cooks offer is the name value but when you look closer this is the type of deal that can really hurt a Dynasty team.

I'd take Fournette straight up for the 1.03. I'm still a believer and he's locked in to another big workload this year. Then who knows where he lands. Could be 26 and land in a great spot......

I'd take Fournette straight up for the 1.03. I'm still a believer and he's locked in to another big workload this year. Then who knows where he lands. Could be 26 and land in a great spot......
I'm at the opposite end of that one.  I wouldn't be able to accept the 1.03 fast enough.  They already tried to move him this year; there were no buyers.  And he'll be approaching 27 by this time next year with a lot of tread and a lot of injuries in his past.  No thanks.

Fair?  Can for sure make an easy case for it if winning in 2020 is major goal so it's not a trade I'd ever complain about or anything.

Before it became evident that JAX was trying to trade Fournette a lot of people in this forum listed Fournette as a major guy to move on now. I pushed back against that thought process, but I think those people were right and I was wrong. This trade not withstanding.

I still think Fournette played well last year and his supporting cast and scheme in JAX have done him no favors.  So it's possible he does land in a better spot next year but odds don't say that's not the case, just not a ton of openings and his style is a little unique and harder to find a fit. Plus while I disagree with reports saying no one wanted him, because we don't know the asking price,  I suspect he was not in high demand. That does not bode well for his prospects of securing another feature back role next year.

For better or worse I also believe the odds are still fairly strong he gets traded before the trade deadline. Some injuries,  poor play, might open up a spot and create more demand.

I own Fournette on two teams, and both teams I had viewed him as my RB2 and both teams are contenders. So I need him now but I would still trade him for 1.3-1.5 and a chance to draft Dobbins, Akers or Swift. Get 4 years younger and get a RB on a team that just committed a second round pick and is more committed them.  Cooks is not someone of no value, but he would not be enough to influence nor would possibly taking a 2020 hit at RB be enough to not make me want to cash out and take the pick.

I can't imagine many scenarios Fournette could land in that would be better than his current one.  His only value is volume and he's on just about the only team in the league that will give him volume.  Given his off the field issues and relative lack of efficiency in the NFL to this point I can't imagine many teams lining up to give him a feature back role next year.

Top FA RB landing spots have been dreadful lately (Gordon, Le'Veon, Yeldon, Coleman, etc) and those were mostly for guys with much less baggage than Fournette.

He's fine for a 1 year rental where anything after that is a bonus.  No way I'd give up 1.3 for him. 

How do we feel about ekler post draft?  Is he a top ten rb?  Does Herbert help or hurt him?
It was really the Chargers stepping up and giving him a solid contract that solidified his value for me...the draft is only a plus, while he will never be the traditional bell-cow by only adding Kelly there is no doubt he is in a position to do something similar to last year...Herbert only helps as they now have a succession plan for Rivers, if it were just Taylor I would be uncomfortable with that. 

How do we feel about ekler post draft?  Is he a top ten rb?  Does Herbert help or hurt him?
IMO, no, he is not top 10. With Rivers gone, Lynn will presumably implement an offense closer to the BUF 2016 offense, when he was OC and Tyrod was QB. That implies a significant reduction in pass attempts, completions, passing yards, and passing TDs. In case that doesn't make it obvious, I anticipate a reduction in targets AND a reduction in quality of targets.

Plus, with the team drafting Kelley, there is now a RBBC for rushing purposes. Ekeler may get more rushing attempts than last season, but probably not a lot more.

I am skeptical he will be top 15.

by only adding Kelly
Couldn't disagree more with this. The fact that they traded away their 3rd round pick to move up to pick Murray and then used their 3rd pick in the draft on Kelley despite many more serious needs tells me the team had a very high grade on Kelley. I expect a full blown RBBC for rushing. That doesn't help Ekeler's fantasy prospects.

Couldn't disagree more with this. The fact that they traded away their 3rd round pick to move up to pick Murray and then used their 3rd pick in the draft on Kelley despite many more serious needs tells me the team had a very high grade on Kelley. I expect a full blown RBBC for rushing. That doesn't help Ekeler's fantasy prospects.
Coming right back at you with the disagreement...I am not knocking Kelly because he could be a good RB but I just don't see him changing the role Ekeler had last year...he had 11 receptions for 71 yards last year at UCLA (the year before was better with 27)...they need to replace Gordon and Kelly can potentially do some of that but I don't see him hurting Ekeler...I would be far more concerned if they brought in a Swift or Dobbins.

Coming right back at you with the disagreement...I am not knocking Kelly because he could be a good RB but I just don't see him changing the role Ekeler had last year...he had 11 receptions for 71 yards last year at UCLA (the year before was better with 27)...they need to replace Gordon and Kelly can potentially do some of that but I don't see him hurting Ekeler...I would be far more concerned if they brought in a Swift or Dobbins.
Not saying Kelley will impact Ekeler's receiving role. But IMO Ekeler's receiving role will be reduced, likely by a lot, due to replacing Rivers with Tyrod. The reason Kelley matters is because he will limit the increase in Ekeler rushing that might have helped to offset the expected reduction in his receiving. Hence why I said "full blown RBBC for rushing." Did not reference receiving for Kelley.

I can't imagine many scenarios Fournette could land in that would be better than his current one.  His only value is volume and he's on just about the only team in the league that will give him volume.  Given his off the field issues and relative lack of efficiency in the NFL to this point I can't imagine many teams lining up to give him a feature back role next year.

Top FA RB landing spots have been dreadful lately (Gordon, Le'Veon, Yeldon, Coleman, etc) and those were mostly for guys with much less baggage than Fournette.

He's fine for a 1 year rental where anything after that is a bonus.  No way I'd give up 1.3 for him. 
I disagree  respectfully disagree with two things in here.

I don't think JAX has been any good for Fournette or agree he's not efficient in the scope of the offense he's had to play.  Put about any RB in the league in that offense, run them into the ground making them play about 90% of the snaps and then let's compare efficiency numbers.  I do think he's  he's a different kind of RB and not a fit for everyone, so I agree  it does make finding a feature back role more difficult . Still  I do believe  there are spots that are better and spots he could be a 50-60% snap guy and do just as well for your fantasy teams as  he did last year at about 90% of the snaps due to being fresher, superior supporting cast and in a system more tailored for his style. Chances are that won't happen, but it's possible.

Not Fournette related but I thought Melvin Gordon had a great landing spot, especially after the draft and I don't own Gordon or anything.  Don't really want to go that path of discussion but fwiw I thought Bell's and Gordon's baggage was comparable when they hit FA and Yeldon and Coleman don't belong in discussion with those 3.

We still arrived at the same end result,  neither of use would  give up 1.3, but I think Fournette has taken on a lot more negativity then his play merits. That play has just never looked worthy of 1.4 in the real NFL draft of 1.1 in dynasty drafts in a loaded RB year so he's been a disappointment.

Not saying Kelley will impact Ekeler's receiving role. But IMO Ekeler's receiving role will be reduced, likely by a lot, due to replacing Rivers with Tyrod. The reason Kelley matters is because he will limit the increase in Ekeler rushing that might have helped to offset the expected reduction in his receiving. Hence why I said "full blown RBBC for rushing." Did not reference receiving for Kelley.
I don't see Ekeler having a major uptick in rushing (I do think it increases though) but I would rather have Kelly there then Gordon...he could be good but he is a fourth round pick and far from a definite...if he is nothing special then Ekeler is in a much better situation then last year as far as rushing goes...even if Kelly is just solid Ekeler maybe in a better situation then last year...as far as the QB situation goes that could be the case but I am willing to gamble that it does not go down enough because Gordon also averaged 3.5 receptions per game and there is a good chance that offsets the QB situation.

I'm at the opposite end of that one.  I wouldn't be able to accept the 1.03 fast enough.  They already tried to move him this year; there were no buyers.  And he'll be approaching 27 by this time next year with a lot of tread and a lot of injuries in his past.  No thanks.
Don't disagree with your overall point on fournette, but this is a bit much. He won't turn 27 until the 2021 season is over. 

For a value point in the Fournette discussion, I drafted him at 5.07 in a 12 team SF/TE premium league. Dobbins (3rd rookie) went 3.05, and 8 rookies went before then.

Im not going to try and disguise an assistant coach question here, but I'd like to hope people can gauge value of some players with my question

Got a guy willing to do one of the following:

AJB + Hunt or Sutton + Hunt for Tyreek. 

Hinderlys april chart says Sutton + Hunt is a better deal for me.

Rbs start 2-3: Zeke, Barkley, Mixon, JT, Dobbins, Hunt, Henderson

WRs start 3-4: Godwin, Kupp, Sutton, AJB, Diggs, Gallup, Unicorn, JJAW, Isabella

Not sure I like AJB's long term outlook. I honestly see him as a bit overrated to some degree. A lot of his big games came on long 70ish yard TDs. Disappeared in the playoffs. 

Sutton I love. I own him on all my teams so I'm not sure I want to give him up for the sake of continuity. Probably dumb of me. 

Hunt is dispensable considering my depth and I got him basically for Cameron Brate 2 months ago...

Who is better value long term- Sutton or AJB?

ETA: only 3 games did Sutton get less than 7 targets last year. 

AJB had only 4 games with 7 or more targets...
In all honesty it's a wash...you can make a case for either guy...I would jump on either deal right away because both deals are not much to give up for a stud like Hill...not sure what the other guy is thinking at all...let the guy pick who he wants if it means getting Hill but do it now before he reconsiders.

Im not going to try and disguise an assistant coach question here, but I'd like to hope people can gauge value of some players with my question

Got a guy willing to do one of the following:

AJB + Hunt or Sutton + Hunt for Tyreek. 

Hinderlys april chart says Sutton + Hunt is a better deal for me.

Rbs start 2-3: Zeke, Barkley, Mixon, JT, Dobbins, Hunt, Henderson

WRs start 3-4: Godwin, Kupp, Sutton, AJB, Diggs, Gallup, Unicorn, JJAW, Isabella

Not sure I like AJB's long term outlook. I honestly see him as a bit overrated to some degree. A lot of his big games came on long 70ish yard TDs. Disappeared in the playoffs. 

Sutton I love. I own him on all my teams so I'm not sure I want to give him up for the sake of continuity. Probably dumb of me. 

Hunt is dispensable considering my depth and I got him basically for Cameron Brate 2 months ago...

Who is better value long term- Sutton or AJB?

ETA: only 3 games did Sutton get less than 7 targets last year. 

AJB had only 4 games with 7 or more targets...
I think the value is on the Hill side but I am a big AJB fan so I would consider that one pretty even.

I would consider Sutton/Hunt for Hill.  I am lower on Hill than most, though.  His only real standout season was when Mahomes threw for 5000/50 so I'm not convinced he's that top 3-5 WR difference maker like some people view him.

@Dr. BD I appreciate your caution but I can't believe you haven't lost this deal yet, he seems desperate to move Tyreek for a sexy young WR name plus a little value. Oblige him. The guy is killing himself trying to give you a top-3 fantasy WR in Tyreek for cheap, please let him. Especially now that the price has gone down to Sutton + Hunt rather than Sutton + Dobbins. Just do it. Tyreek consistently wins weeks single-handedly with Mahomes and the value of that in his prime is a lot harder to quantify than just looking at total points (which also look good for him).

When you have the RBs you do that gives you a high floor. A guy like Tyreek puts you over the top when you need it. Sutton is great but you're too invested, unless you're the biggest Lock fan on earth this isn't going to be close. AND you get a mystery box 2021 1st back for your trouble? He's pleading with you to let him give you a great deal.

Edit: it took me long enough to type this that you did the deal lol.

Great job! 

Yes, I've got some reservations that are foolish, but I can be overly cautious. I also tend to believe myself too much and feel like everyone's going to be a stud. That's whar I have all of you for.

Tyreek was wr9 ppg last year, excited to have another top guy for my win now window. 
Tyreek is special and coupled with a special QB. That doesn't come along very often.......

Gordon also averaged 3.5 receptions per game and there is a good chance that offsets the QB situation.
i don't think it makes much sense to use last season's Chargers numbers as a point of reference. This year's offense we will be very different. Different QB(s), different philosophy, semi-new OC (took over midseason last year), different OL. Also likely a stronger defense, which will influence the offensive playcalling.

:shrug:  

i don't think it makes much sense to use last season's Chargers numbers as a point of reference. This year's offense we will be very different. Different QB(s), different philosophy, semi-new OC (took over midseason last year), different OL. Also likely a stronger defense, which will influence the offensive playcalling.

:shrug:  
Could be the case...I will say if Ekeler is not used similarly than you have to question the contract they gave him.

robb said:
12 team, not SF:

connor & hunt

for

Ekeler & Jackson, LAC

Who wins this trade?
Conner and Hunt.

In 2020 I think it's close. Ekeler is best guy to own for 2020 but Conner should remain starter for as long as he is healthy and Hunt is at least a solid flex/low end RB2 type. I think it's close because we saw Jackson with Ekeler last year and what we saw was someone without stand alone value and I also think Ekeler's production is reduced this year since he's so reliant on passing game production.

Forecasting 2021 and beyond it becomes less close.  I forecast Hunt  to land a primary job and replace Ekeler as best guy to own. Not sure if Conner will be able to land a starting RB job again, probably part of a RBBC but I'd still rather own him then Jackson in 2021 and beyond.

So for 2020 I'd rank them: Ekeler, Connor, Hunt and Jackson and call it close.

For 2021 and beyond I'd rank them: Hunt, Ekeler, Connor and Jackson and call it not so close.

Conner and Hunt.

In 2020 I think it's close. Ekeler is best guy to own for 2020 but Conner should remain starter for as long as he is healthy and Hunt is at least a solid flex/low end RB2 type. I think it's close because we saw Jackson with Ekeler last year and what we saw was someone without stand alone value and I also think Ekeler's production is reduced this year since he's so reliant on passing game production.

Forecasting 2021 and beyond it becomes less close.  I forecast Hunt  to land a primary job and replace Ekeler as best guy to own. Not sure if Conner will be able to land a starting RB job again, probably part of a RBBC but I'd still rather own him then Jackson in 2021 and beyond.

So for 2020 I'd rank them: Ekeler, Connor, Hunt and Jackson and call it close.

For 2021 and beyond I'd rank them: Hunt, Ekeler, Connor and Jackson and call it not so close.
That is one of the best responses to a question I have seen Menobrown. Not only did you give your answer, but you gave reasoning behind it! Thank you so much.

p.s. I also have Chubb so Hunt would fit in nicely this year as his backup and hopefully a starter in 2021.

robb said:
12 team, not SF:

connor & hunt

for

Ekeler & Jackson, LAC

Who wins this trade?
Great trade...a lot of moving parts here...gonna have to cop out and say I need to see each teams RB units to fully judge it.

I see this statement a lot, but I'm not sure how realistic it really is... What teams do you think make sense for Hunt to land a starting role in 2021? Especially considering his FA and incoming rookie competition?
It's a long ways between now and next March but there are a ton of teams that could be in need of a complete, lead back by then.

Jets, Redskins, Texans, Cardinals, Dolphins, Steelers, Titans, Chargers, Bears, Vikings, Seahawks, 49ers, Falcons, Bucs.

It's a long ways between now and next March but there are a ton of teams that could be in need of a complete, lead back by then.

Jets, Redskins, Texans, Cardinals, Dolphins, Steelers, Titans, Chargers, Bears, Vikings, Seahawks, 49ers, Falcons, Bucs.
Good list...a few more...Jags are almost 100% to be looking for a new RB next year...Mixon is a free agent after this year...the Pats could be there as well as White is in the last year of his deal and if Michel looks average again and Harris is still MIA they could be in the market.

I'm not so sure about the Redskins, Cardinals, Steelers, Titans, Charger, Bears, Bucs... but I can play along

If the above are looking for backs then the following are FA or expected to be FA:

Gurley, Bell, DJ, Conner, Henry, Cook, Drake, Coleman, Brieda, Mack, A. Jones (?), Hunt, Ingram (?), Fournette. Then you also have ETN, Hubbard, Harris, and I'm sure at least 1 we haven't hyped about yet (Hill? maybe another under classman?)
I think a lot of these guys are done as starting RBs after this year.  In particular Gurley, Bell, DJ, Conner, Coleman, Breida, Jones, Ingram.  If Drake is a FA it likely means he didn't click in Arizona and that was his last chance as a starter as well.

I see these teams as having a long term solution at the RB position:

New England, Buffalo, Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincinnati (unless you add Mixon to the list above), Indianapolis, Kansas City, LA Chargers (I disagree they go veteran as they did sign Ekler to a nice deal), Vegas, Philadelphia, Dallas, New York G, Detroit, Chicago, New Orleans, Carolina, LA Rams, 49ers (IMO)

So I just find it interesting that it's thought with certainty that Hunt will go find a gig as the primary back when it's probably not likely going to happen; I could very much see him landing in a favorable position as a pass catching back, but not a primary role I dont think. Especially when teams arent willing to pay big salaries as much to these guys. I'd even add Green Bay to the set list. They used a 2nd round pick on a RB and want to do some ground and pound. 

Just not enough opportunities IMO. I actually think, if tue offense runs well this year, it's a pretty good chance Hunt ends up resigning with Cleveland....

I hope I'm wrong. I own Hunt in a league and I need RB help pretty badly
I think you're underestimating how quickly things change in the NFL.  If at this time last year I told you 4 of the first 5 RBs drafted in the 2020 draft would be by the Colts, Lions, Ravens, and Rams you would have called me crazy.

I see this statement a lot, but I'm not sure how realistic it really is... What teams do you think make sense for Hunt to land a starting role in 2021? Especially considering his FA and incoming rookie competition?
Not sure what you mean by especially his FA? I'm saying because of his FA.

There are new rookie RB's every year, I don't see next years class as that great, top guy on a lot of people's boards would not even come out this year,  and a ton of potential openings. It actually looks like one of the most openings at RB  I can recall in years, the opposite of this year and that's something I've been saying on these boards for months.

The following teams have RB's entering last year of their contract: Steelers, Bengals, Jaguars, Titans, Saints, Vikings, Green Bay, Atlanta, Arizona and Seattle. Some of those teams may resign their RB, some might have heir apparent like Dillon, but several of these jobs will open up.

Then you got a few teams who will likely or possibly want to move on from their current RB due to money. Jets and Texans spring to mind. Jets almost a lock, Texans we'll see with David Johnson, just because BOB traded for him he still is going to need to show something to earn a 2021 spot on the team at 30 years old and  $8M.

Then we got a large amount of teams that the jury is out or from viewpoint of a lot of people don't have a top tier RB on their roster. Those teams are Dolphins, Patriots, Bears with his Nagy connection and Tampa.

Then we got teams like Redskins who have a host of RB's but really I think Guice is only one IMO that has traits of a feature runner and if he can't stay healthy next year I'm sure they'll be in the market, again. The Chargers whose only proven RB I view as more of a third down RB. The 49'ers who have a ton of RB's, but none seem that great and they have got heavily in FA RB market in 2018 and 2019.

Again IMO that's a ton of potential openings and way better to be a FA RB in 2021 then this year.

Hunt's skill set will work for just about any team. He's versatile, good in passing game, can run with power and be a foundation back. He can do it all. He's a stud who led the league in rushing not on the Mahomes Chiefs, but on the Alex Smith version of the  Chiefs. Then he goes to Cleveland and excels in the passing game. There is nothing he can't do. A guy like Fournette, he'll have considerably more difficult time because finding a fit for him is tough. Hunts going to be a starting foundation RB in 2021 as long as he keeps straight off the field.

Thanks for the well thought out response. 

One other question- in your opinion why do you think Hunt didnt find a home as a workhorse this offseason? It only cost a 2nd and he is proven as you mentioned above? This was confusing to me, I thought it was a pretty cheap price
Sure thing and to answer your follow up question.

It cost paying him a contract the Browns would not match AND a second.  I would never do that if I ran a team, both pay a RB upper end money and pay a premium draft pick. Question.  Someone told me in history of RFA no one had ever tendered a player at a second round tender and that player got signed by someone else. I did not verify that, but can you or anyone else recall that? I feel like it has happened but I could not recall it to dispute what I was being told.

If you think I'm stumping for Hunt, and you are not saying that, but in case you think I am I'm possibly the first person in the Hunt thread to say when this offseason started that that the Browns were going to retain him, was not sure why everyone was assuming or thinking he'd get out.  Never expected him to get signed by someone else this off-season.  I just don't think teams are paying for RB's AND giving up draft capital. With the RFA tag not an issue next year it's an entirely different ballgame IMO.

It cost paying him a contract the Browns would not match AND a second.  I would never do that if I ran a team, both pay a RB upper end money and pay a premium draft pick. Question.  Someone told me in history of RFA no one had ever tendered a player at a second round tender and that player got signed by someone else. I did not verify that, but can you or anyone else recall that? I feel like it has happened but I could not recall it to dispute what I was being told.

If you think I'm stumping for Hunt, and you are not saying that, but in case you think I am I'm possibly the first person in the Hunt thread to say when this offseason started that that the Browns were going to retain him, was not sure why everyone was assuming or thinking he'd get out.  Never expected him to get signed by someone else this off-season.  I just don't think teams are paying for RB's AND giving up draft capital. With the RFA tag not an issue next year it's an entirely different ballgame IMO.
Not 100% of the exact details but I think Welker had one when the Pats made him an offer but then it turned into a trade.

Actually it went down a little different:

On March 1, 2007, the Dolphins offered Welker, a restricted free agent, a second-round tender of $1.35 million for a one-year contract. News reports indicated the New England Patriots, who were interested in Welker, had originally considered signing him to an offer sheet. Miami would have had seven days to match the offer. According to The Boston Globe, that sheet would have contained a poison pill provision that would have made the offer difficult for the Dolphins to match.[63] Ultimately, however, the Patriots decided not to use such an offer and traded their 2007 second-round draft pick and a seventh-round draft pick to the Dolphins for Welker

idk I was one of the few that called for the ravens to pick a rb as early as round 1. I was called crazy...  Colts as well. I was told there was zero chance the Colts would use either of their 2nds on a RB... 

Rams I didnt want to believe, but then I heard they and the Texans were the two teams to meet with RBs the most during the predraft process. 

I get it, turnover is big, but I don't see him going to a team as the primary back... Maybe I'm wrong. I hope so
Remember we are talking about a year ago.  Not a month ago.  We are still a year out from next year's free agency.  TONS will change between now and then.  A year ago the Rams still had Todd Gurley and had just used a day 2 pick on Darrell Henderson.  No one thought there was any chance they'd be drafting one of the top 5 backs in the 2nd round a year later.

There are probably 3-5 teams that we right now think are all locked up at RB for the long-term that will be in the market for a lead RB.  And that's on top of all the ones we've listed that have an obvious path to needing a RB soon.

What the current value on the following receivers... what rookie pick(s) would you give up to acquire them.

courtland Sutton

Tyler Boyd

K’Neal Harry

What the current value on the following receivers... what rookie pick(s) would you give up to acquire them.

courtland Sutton

Tyler Boyd

K’Neal Harry
I wouldn't give first round picks for any of these WRs in this year's class, maybe late like 11th or 12th for Sutton but that's it.  I actually think Harry will be the best of the bunch when we look back a few years from now.

What’s not to like about Sutton? I think he’s an alpha, but appreciate the feedback. I will be targeting one of Sutton or Harry depending on the cost. Thanks for input.

It cost paying him a contract the Browns would not match AND a second.
Not sure I agree with this. If a team really liked Hunt, they could have given a second and just signed him to whatever level contract they wanted to (and Hunt would agree to). I think the Browns would have happily taken a second round pick and let him go without matching.

Users who are viewing this thread