What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (13 Viewers)

Price check on Derrius Guice? What would you want in 2020 Rookie pick(s) to move him? 16 tm ppr dynasty league.
I only have him on a team I am rebuilding and would want about 1.08.  On that squad I don't mind holding and seeing if he hits.  I just got this team this offseason so I don't have a ton of investment in Guice.

Price check on Derrius Guice? What would you want in 2020 Rookie pick(s) to move him? 16 tm ppr dynasty league.
He’s a bum. If somebody offers you a turkey sandwich for him, take it. Even if the turkey sandwich doesn’t even have mayo or cheese on it, I don’t care. Don’t be greedy, take the deal before the guy changes his mind.

Guice’s value is propped up by the rookie hype, which was 2 years ago now. These are the guys to avoid or use in a trade to acquire somebody who’s actually done something in the nfl.

He’s a bum. If somebody offers you a turkey sandwich for him, take it. Even if the turkey sandwich doesn’t even have mayo or cheese on it, I don’t care. Don’t be greedy, take the deal before the guy changes his mind.

Guice’s value is propped up by the rookie hype, which was 2 years ago now. These are the guys to avoid or use in a trade to acquire somebody who’s actually done something in the nfl.
Except for the fact he has been good in the NFL when he has played

I didn't love him coming out the price has gotten low enough

I'd say early 2nd--in a smaller league even a mid 2nd might be enough

Though if the current owner drafted him I can see a "go down with the ship" mindset

Except for the fact he has been good in the NFL when he has played

I didn't love him coming out the price has gotten low enough

I'd say early 2nd--in a smaller league even a mid 2nd might be enough

Though if the current owner drafted him I can see a "go down with the ship" mindset
I won’t play the injury prone card because I’m against it, but some people might take issue with him having only played like 5 or 6 games. He’s been decent in his limited action as part of a 3 man committee. He couldn’t muster a start over a 34 year old last year, mainly serving as a compliment to Adrian Peterson. 

Not a lot of confidence from what he’s done in the NFL.

edit: so Guice did start his first game. After which Peterson started the rest and got the majority of carries.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is so wrong. If he's a bum because he's been hurt, then call him a bum. He's produced on the field. And you know who else started their career hurt a ton, Fred Taylor. He overcame that, and Guice can too. 

This is so wrong. If he's a bum because he's been hurt, then call him a bum. He's produced on the field. And you know who else started their career hurt a ton, Fred Taylor. He overcame that, and Guice can too. 
Maybe I'm missing some context regarding Guice, but I don't remember a healthy Fred Taylor ever playing behind a 34 year old. Dalvin Cook is a more recent example of a running back proving wrong the injury prone label. He also never played second fiddle to anybody. 

Like I said in an above post, idc about the injuries. I'm more concerned about lack of having done anything in the NFL besides having a great game vs. Carolina. It's a question of talent. Emperically there's a very short list of successful running backs who've started one game and totalled less than 300 rushing yards thru their first two seasons.

cloppbeast said:
He’s (Guice) a bum. If somebody offers you a turkey sandwich for him, take it. Even if the turkey sandwich doesn’t even have mayo or cheese on it, I don’t care. Don’t be greedy, take the deal before the guy changes his mind.

I am in the middle of trade talks in a 14 team ppr dynasty and we have all parts of the deal negotiated except one. With the recent Guice news (he's an idiot), my RB depth has taken a hit. The other owner has agreed to add one of the following to what I will get : Boston Scott, Duke Johnson or Damien Harris. I am a contending team, so which one do I ask for?

I have considered asking for Hayden Hurst because I have Howard, Thomas and Herndon as my TEs, but that ask will probably re-open negotiations and scrap the deal we have mostly negotiated. Hurst might not be that big of a deal because Blake Jarwin is a FA in this league.

I am in the middle of trade talks in a 14 team ppr dynasty and we have all parts of the deal negotiated except one. With the recent Guice news (he's an idiot), my RB depth has taken a hit. The other owner has agreed to add one of the following to what I will get : Boston Scott, Duke Johnson or Damien Harris. I am a contending team, so which one do I ask for?

I have considered asking for Hayden Hurst because I have Howard, Thomas and Herndon as my TEs, but that ask will probably re-open negotiations and scrap the deal we have mostly negotiated. Hurst might not be that big of a deal because Blake Jarwin is a FA in this league.
I’d go with Harris if a te is not an option

It depends what you want out of a back. Scott and Johnson have no possibility of being a back on their team, but Harris does. That said, Harris is likely relegated to early down work only because of James White's presence in the backfield. You could have nothing with Harris because he basically redshirted last year and Belichick didn't mince words about Sony Michel being good save for blocking last year (whether this is true or not is up for interpretation, what isn't up for interpretation is how often Belichick defended Michel). So really Scott is in a situation where he's a diminutive back even to Sanders, Duke Johnson is second fiddle to David Johnson (who has, in my opinion, major injury and age concerns).

I dunno. Depends on your tolerance for risk and whether you take the long view or are playing in a window. On pure talent, I like Scott I guess. Other than that, I shrug.

That of a top 3 RB, obviously.
Yeah, that is indeed a given. What would you move him for? Assume you're really in no position to win now. One of the young RBs and a first? Would you move him for Dobbins and Jacobs? What would you say to that as the Dobbins/Jacobs owner?

If that's too specific, what sort of package would you be looking for if you were the Elliott owner? What would you give up to get him?

I mean, fairly assessed, Elliott has two more years of peak production left in him, if that. It might behoove one to sell now rather than wait for the decline. He'll be scoring points on somebody else's team, just not yours. (But you're not winning now.) 

I'd much rather have Harris of those guys. 

Yeah, that is indeed a given. What would you move him for? Assume you're really in no position to win now. One of the young RBs and a first? Would you move him for Dobbins and Jacobs? What would you say to that as the Dobbins/Jacobs owner?

If that's too specific, what sort of package would you be looking for if you were the Elliott owner? What would you give up to get him?

I mean, fairly assessed, Elliott has two more years of peak production left in him, if that. It might behoove one to sell now rather than wait for the decline. He'll be scoring points on somebody else's team, just not yours. (But you're not winning now.) 
I own Elliott in one league where I am very competitive.  I don't think I would give him up right now for fair value.

The league I don't own him in I need RB help and would be willing to pay something like OBJ/Evans and 2021 1st (early).  I agree that he will have a decline coming, but I would think it would be more around 3-4 years.  

I own Elliott in one league where I am very competitive.  I don't think I would give him up right now for fair value.

The league I don't own him in I need RB help and would be willing to pay something like OBJ/Evans and 2021 1st (early).  I agree that he will have a decline coming, but I would think it would be more around 3-4 years.  
Thanks. That's a definite start in beginning to understand it. Probably look for teams with RB scarcity, sure, but what if I'm thin at RB and want an RB back (only younger). I'm becoming more and more convinced that twenty-six is the last year to really get something out of a running back, and the other two years are just fading into the limelight, sometimes not gracefully.

I guess, then, this becomes a referendum of sorts on that. How does one value age at RB? Recent work shows that any top ten finish after twenty-six is incredibly rare.

Thanks. That's a definite start in beginning to understand it. Probably look for teams with RB scarcity, sure, but what if I'm thin at RB and want an RB back (only younger). I'm becoming more and more convinced that twenty-six is the last year to really get something out of a running back, and the other two years are just fading into the limelight, sometimes not gracefully.

I guess, then, this becomes a referendum of sorts on that. How does one value age at RB? Recent work shows that any top ten finish after twenty-six is incredibly rare.
I think this is recency bias.

Remember a few years ago when all of the RBs entering the NFL were so bad that everyone became convinced RBs would no longer be drafted in the 1st round of the NFL draft, and that the key to dynasty was to ignore RB and just load up on WRs to the point where 18 of the first 21 picks in dynasty startup drafts were WRs?

Those are the RBs that are 26-28 years old right now.

I don't think it's that 26 is the age of death for a RB.  I just think it's that the guys that are in that age range right now came from the worst RB generation of our lifetimes, and there were only a few good ones to begin with.

Prior to that generation of RBs there is an unending list of stud RBs that were still studs at age 26 and beyond.  Peterson, Lynch, McCoy, Tomlinson, Edge, Forte, Faulk, Murray, Foster, Charles, MJD, Turner, Gore, Tiki, Taylor, and on and on it goes.

I think this is recency bias.

Remember a few years ago when all of the RBs entering the NFL were so bad that everyone became convinced RBs would no longer be drafted in the 1st round of the NFL draft, and that the key to dynasty was to ignore RB and just load up on WRs to the point where 18 of the first 21 picks in dynasty startup drafts were WRs?

Those are the RBs that are 26-28 years old right now.

I don't think it's that 26 is the age of death for a RB.  I just think it's that the guys that are in that age range right now came from the worst RB generation of our lifetimes, and there were only a few good ones to begin with.

Prior to that generation of RBs there is an unending list of stud RBs that were still studs at age 26 and beyond.  Peterson, Lynch, McCoy, Tomlinson, Edge, Forte, Faulk, Murray, Foster, Charles, MJD, Turner, Gore, Tiki, Taylor, and on and on it goes.
As the saying goes, it's better to trade a RB a year too early than a year too late.

As the saying goes, it's better to trade a RB a year too early than a year too late.
I agree its better to sell before someone hits a cliff, but this could be a case where someone is relevant for many years past when he is sold.  Selling before age 26 season and he is a stud many years beyond that would not be just 1 year too soon.

I agree its better to sell before someone hits a cliff, but this could be a case where someone is relevant for many years past when he is sold.  Selling before age 26 season and he is a stud many years beyond that would not be just 1 year too soon.
Of course, but that's the beauty or ugliness of it.  I wouldn't use age as a reason to trade someone.  I use what I see on the field and I really like YPC.  Also, the QB and offensive scheme projections. 

Of course, but that's the beauty or ugliness of it.  I wouldn't use age as a reason to trade someone.  I use what I see on the field and I really like YPC.  Also, the QB and offensive scheme projections. 
This is probably a discussion for another thread but YPC is the most useless stat you could possibly use to evaluate any RB. It is awful. It has almost no applicable value in real life or fantasy. Warren Sharp has done a ton of analysis on this and so has Harstad I believe, it’s worth doing a search on Twitter and just reading some of the arguments. It is really a terrible stat to put any weight behind at all. 

This is probably a discussion for another thread but YPC is the most useless stat you could possibly use to evaluate any RB. It is awful. It has almost no applicable value in real life or fantasy. Warren Sharp has done a ton of analysis on this and so has Harstad I believe, it’s worth doing a search on Twitter and just reading some of the arguments. It is really a terrible stat to put any weight behind at all. 
I disagree.  It can be either a result of a bad OL or a bad RB's lack of vision or burst, either way I don't want any part of.  I also value yards after contact and vision.

I disagree.  It can be either a result of a bad OL or a bad RB's lack of vision or burst, either way I don't want any part of.  I also value yards after contact and vision.
Hey I’m not here to convince you, what’s important to you in a player eval doesn’t effect my rosters and vice versa. Just thought you might find the data interesting. 

I was offered CMC in dynasty PPR for my Henry & D. Hopkins or Dalvin Cook & Hopkins. I passed. Am I overvaluing my guys?

I also have Barkley & Fournette @ RB (Start 2 RB, 3 WR & 2 flex) & have Tyreek, M. Evans, MT, Golladay, AR15, Landry, Harry @ WR as well
That starting lineup would be ship worthy. Hopkins doesn’t hurt you much with your we stable. Do it

I was offered CMC in dynasty PPR for my Henry & D. Hopkins or Dalvin Cook & Hopkins. I passed. Am I overvaluing my guys?

I also have Barkley & Fournette @ RB (Start 2 RB, 3 WR & 2 flex) & have Tyreek, M. Evans, MT, Golladay, AR15, Landry, Harry @ WR as well
I love CMC but I feel like that’s too much to pay in both offers.

Good opening salvo, though.

magbe see if you can give up a different RB, like Fournettte.. :shrug:  

He doesn't seem to like Fournette. Maybe something like Henry + AR15 or Golladay for CMC & 2020 2nd round pick?
I like Henry almost as much as CMC. 

AR15 & Golloday are both risers & is want to keep both.

if you could turn Hopkins + “something you don’t need” into CMC, that’s the move.

because as nice as a get as CMC is, you don’t need to make a deal to win. Your team is stacked.

why overpay for a player when you’re already killin it? 

Price check: Lamar Jackson.

12 Team, Super flex, 4pt for passing Td's.

Have been offered a 21 1st, 22 1st, 23 1st, and Tyrod. 

My current QB's are Lamar, Herbert, Lock, Taysom Hill, and Rosen (lol).

Thanks in advance.

Price check: Lamar Jackson.

12 Team, Super flex, 4pt for passing Td's.

Have been offered a 21 1st, 22 1st, 23 1st, and Tyrod. 

My current QB's are Lamar, Herbert, Lock, Taysom Hill, and Rosen (lol).

Thanks in advance.
I know that "3 firsts" looks sexy at first glance but when you have an asset like Lamar in superflex you can't be trading for random firsts, especially when two of them are so far out. I know there are differing views on the value of future picks, but personally a 22 1st (let alone a 23 1st) doesn't have much value to me unless you are in a genuine rebuild.

I'd say if you're going to consider trading Lamar in superflex you need to get a QB downgrade back in the trade (Tyrod doesn't count lol) and, if picks are included, you need to do this closer to next year's draft so you know what range of the draft you're getting. 

I like Henry almost as much as CMC. 

AR15 & Golloday are both risers & is want to keep both.

if you could turn Hopkins + “something you don’t need” into CMC, that’s the move.

because as nice as a get as CMC is, you don’t need to make a deal to win. Your team is stacked.

why overpay for a player when you’re already killin it? 
Why have guys sitting on your bench when you can upgrade a starter to CMC? This is PPR. CMC is 2.5 years younger. Henry can’t touch CMC.

Why have guys sitting on your bench when you can upgrade a starter to CMC? This is PPR. CMC is 2.5 years younger. Henry can’t touch CMC.
Exactly.  CMC has outscored Henry by 10ppg+ each of the last two years which is an insane amount.  In fantasy points Derrick Henry is closer to Duke Johnson than he is to CMC.

First dude to get injured he’ll have his answer. ;)

depth is important. Not everyone values it the same. I see it as a luxury that’s good to have. 

and why not try to get CMC without losing his top bench dudes? 

Exactly.  CMC has outscored Henry by 10ppg+ each of the last two years which is an insane amount.  In fantasy points Derrick Henry is closer to Duke Johnson than he is to CMC.
Past performance, future guarantee & all that. 

i’m not against acquiring CMC. But why not try to have CMC/Henry? 

i just think the first couple offers were overpaying. That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t want dude to go get him. Think I said as much. 

I can’t see anything less than his offers to you being accepted. I wouldn’t want any of those lower-tier players in return if I was giving up CMC. Fournette is a non-starter in this conversation.

Henry and Nuk are declining dynasty assets (or very soon will be). Cash them in on the #1 RB for the next five years. 

I considered an offer of Dobbins, Deebo and a 1st (likely 5 or 6 overall next year) for him but decided I had a chance to win. If not I think it was fair

Users who are viewing this thread