Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

Just now, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Would you rather have 

A. 2022 1st round pick (TBD 1-12) 

B. WTF’s Gibson

?

I don't know. Great question. I'd rather have Gibson for now. There are guys in the first round that aren't even sniffing the opportunity he's getting.

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tentative rookie RB/WR tiers after diving into clips and stats this weekend:   RB Josh Jacobs, Raiders - No major weaknesses and walks into a starting role. Power, hands, elusiveness, and e

That is interesting. As a Gordon owner here and there, I think I'd have jumped on that offer in any league I have him, without even looking at my own roster or that of the owner sending me the pick.

Fixed

13 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Would you rather have 

A. 2022 1st round pick (TBD 1-12) 

B. WTF’s Gibson

?

With what I've heard from the Washington Football Team on Gibson.  I'm not getting rid of him.  I have Gibson and to draw comparisons to CMC and be told he's an every down back, etc.  Could be the steal of the rookie draft this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rockaction said:

I don't know. Great question. I'd rather have Gibson for now. There are guys in the first round that aren't even sniffing the opportunity he's getting.

If it was a 2021 1st that would be a no brain'er, but since it is 2022 I would probably see what I have in Gibson.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I sold Gibson for a 1st round pick almost a month ago. To one of the top 1/3 teams in the league, but that’s still profit for me since I’m not a Gibson believer. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2020 at 8:30 PM, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Would you rather have 

A. 2022 1st round pick (TBD 1-12) 

B. WTF’s Gibson

?

Generally, I don't trade future draft picks unless it's for a sure thing at a position of need.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Did the value of Darrel Williams suddenly skyrocket? I own CEH, but missed getting Williams in our start-up dynasty PPR draft & the WIlliams owner wants a 2021 1st rounder for him. Hard pass for me!

I wouldn't give a 1st rounder for Darrel Williams under any circumstances.  Chasing handcuffs is OK to a point.......but just to a point.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hispeedthinmint said:

What would you give for him if you owned CEH? I sent him many offers prior & this is the 1st time I got a counter.

He smells blood.  I would probably just wait until it becomes clear to him that Williams isn't going to help his team very much then offer a 3rd, but if you're weak at RB outside of CEH, offer a 2nd.  If you're not weak at RB and don't really need the handcuff, stand fast at a 3rd.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

I wouldn't give a 1st rounder for Darrel Williams under any circumstances.  Chasing handcuffs is OK to a point.......but just to a point.

I don't think I would give a 1st rounder for every Williams in the NFL combined.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

What about all the Tomlin talk?

Go read about Tomlin talk about Conner in the off season.  In addition to that I doubt Conner is with the Steelers beyond this year.  My man crush for Snell is well documented (see my idiotic comments favoring him over Miles Sanders after both were drafted), but I think McFarland is their future, not Snell. Or neither is their future.   I could be wrong again and have been right about Snell all along, lol.  Then again watch them draft another RB high next year.  Maddening isn’t it?  They are saying Snell looks quicker after losing weight.

Edited by JohnnyU
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

I went afterMcFarland b/c cannot hurt & the McFarland owner rejected Renfrow for him & countered with my Steve SIms Jr for McFarland. I don't like giving up Sims for this as I am high on Sims, but maybe I'm wrong? Maybe I should counter offering Greg Ward...

No one will give you anything for Ward.  He’s waiver wire fodder.  I would rather have McFarland over Sims, but I can respect others thinking otherwise.

Edited by JohnnyU
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody bought Edmonds recently?  I posted in his thread, but it seems like he might be a bit undervalued right now. For one, Drake has pulled the rug out from under us before. It wouldn’t be the first time he got hurt or disappointed. Secondly, the Cardinals run a TON of plays when the air raid is working like it should with their offensive talent. Maybe on another team a 35% back won’t get enough work, but with the Cardinals pushing 80 plays a game, that could easily be 10-12 touches per week even with a healthy Drake, no?  Where is the logical flaw in my argument, cause I’m sure it’s here but can’t figure out why he isn’t prioritized more in PPR like Cohen-lite with a huge ceiling. 

Thinking of offering a 2021 2 for Edmonds and a 2021 3. His owner isn’t a Drake owner in my league, but wondering if that’s either insulting or an overpay for Edmonds. 

Edited by JFS171
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JFS171 said:

Anybody bought Edmonds recently?  I posted in his thread, but it seems like he might be a bit undervalued right now. For one, Drake has pulled the rug out from under us before. It wouldn’t be the first time he got hurt or disappointed. Secondly, the Cardinals run a TON of plays when the air raid is working like it should with their offensive talent. Maybe on another team a 35% back won’t get enough work, but with the Cardinals pushing 80 plays a game, that could easily be 10-12 touches per week even with a healthy Drake, no?  Where is the logical flaw in my argument, cause I’m sure it’s here but can’t figure out why he isn’t prioritized more in PPR like Cohen-lite with a huge ceiling. 

Thinking of offering a 2021 2 for Edmonds and a 2021 3. His owner isn’t a Drake owner in my league, but wondering if that’s either insulting or an overpay for Edmonds. 

Chase Edmonds for Joshua Kelley 16 team PPR

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JFS171 said:

Anybody bought Edmonds recently?  I posted in his thread, but it seems like he might be a bit undervalued right now. For one, Drake has pulled the rug out from under us before. It wouldn’t be the first time he got hurt or disappointed. Secondly, the Cardinals run a TON of plays when the air raid is working like it should with their offensive talent. Maybe on another team a 35% back won’t get enough work, but with the Cardinals pushing 80 plays a game, that could easily be 10-12 touches per week even with a healthy Drake, no?  Where is the logical flaw in my argument, cause I’m sure it’s here but can’t figure out why he isn’t prioritized more in PPR like Cohen-lite with a huge ceiling. 

Thinking of offering a 2021 2 for Edmonds and a 2021 3. His owner isn’t a Drake owner in my league, but wondering if that’s either insulting or an overpay for Edmonds. 

I traded Edmonds for the 2.06 in our rookie draft this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuller's value just went up last night. Edmonds is worth about a decent two in my book. I roster him and that's what it would take, though I might just hold him as a lottery ticket. But I came into post about Kareem Hunt. Agreed to an extension with the Browns. His value just tanked, along with Chubb's.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hispeedthinmint said:

3rd for Hunt fair in PPR?

No. I personally don't think so. Hunt is at least a really good second. I would hold out for a first if I owned him. Hunt and Chubb are both RBs you're able to start as of now, so you have to adjust accordingly. I shouldn't have used "tanked." That was too hyperbolic, but I don't see how the move is good for guys that own either one. They eat into each other's touches, and you have proof from last season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

I personally would not give a 1st, but a late or mid 2nd is fair IMO if one needs a RB. Not like it isn't mostly crapshoot for rookies there

Prices vary, for sure. I tried to ship a first and acquire Hunt and Pollard and was told Hunt wasn't touchable given the owner's current RB situation. So there's that kind of individualized want per whoever owns him in your league.

Edited by rockaction
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

If I was gonna say won't trade a RB, Hunt won't be it regardless of my RBs. He is very replaceable. He's not CMC or Zeke lol

Yeah, I totally agree, but I can't tell the guy to trade him. Everybody is gonna everybody...I'm just saying leagues and individual tastes may vary.

I've offered so many good deals according to not just calcs but common sense and can't seem to get other owners interested. And the one who is wants like four quality starters for four of his bench players.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok guys hypothetical question here.

Where will you rank DJ Chark among WR if he comes out and puts up a 8-120-1 game Sunday?

Where will you rank Diontae Johnson among WR if he comes out and puts up a 10-115-2 game on Monday?

Where will you rank Bryan Edwards among WR if he comes out and puts up a 7-90-1 game on Sunday?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Ok guys hypothetical question here.

Where will you rank DJ Chark among WR if he comes out and puts up a 8-120-1 game Sunday?

Where will you rank Diontae Johnson among WR if he comes out and puts up a 10-115-2 game on Monday?

Where will you rank Bryan Edwards among WR if he comes out and puts up a 7-90-1 game on Sunday?

 

 

trick question

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Milkman said:

Ok guys hypothetical question here.

Where will you rank DJ Chark among WR if he comes out and puts up a 8-120-1 game Sunday?

Where will you rank Diontae Johnson among WR if he comes out and puts up a 10-115-2 game on Monday?

Where will you rank Bryan Edwards among WR if he comes out and puts up a 7-90-1 game on Sunday?

 

 

I already rank them pretty highly and one game (for any player) wouldn’t move the needle for me much, if at all, on dynasty value.

It looks like you are asking this more of people who don’t rate these guys as highly as you do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RushHour said:

I already rank them pretty highly and one game (for any player) wouldn’t move the needle for me much, if at all, on dynasty value.

It looks like you are asking this more of people who don’t rate these guys as highly as you do.

Yeah maybe. Think Diontae Johnson specifically is going to see this biggest jump if he has a great game. He's a top 10 Dynasty WR for me at this point. Consensus has him outside the top 35 right now.

Chark is already up there but not quite elite level yet for most but a game like that would certainly start to move him up into that area for more people. He's a top 5 Dynasty WR for me at this point. Consensus has him outside the top 15 at this point.

Edwards being a rookie is understandably outside the top 50 at this point for most but being a rookie and playing like that would get him moving up quickly. He's a top 20 Dynasty WR for me at this point. 

Edited by Milkman
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, osiriskid said:

12team, PPR, SF.

trade offer:

Team A gets: Dobbins.

Team B gets: Lockett, and a 2021 first.

Team A is rebuilding and has 3 first in the 2021 and 2 in 2022. Top RB's are Mack and Cohen.

 

Unless he can flip Lockett for something resembling another 1st, I strongly dislike this deal for the rebuilding team.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Unless he can flip Lockett for something resembling another 1st, I strongly dislike this deal for the rebuilding team.

yes, I don't see the point of trading a nice rebuilding piece for the possibility of getting a nice rebuilding piece.  Just kicking the can

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Unless he can flip Lockett for something resembling another 1st, I strongly dislike this deal for the rebuilding team.

 

3 minutes ago, Rig24 said:

yes, I don't see the point of trading a nice rebuilding piece for the possibility of getting a nice rebuilding piece.  Just kicking the can


Aren’t you guys misreading? Team A is the rebuild and traded for Dobbins.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Yeah maybe. Think Diontae Johnson specifically is going to see this biggest jump if he has a great game. He's a top 10 Dynasty WR for me at this point. Consensus has him outside the top 35 right now.

Chark is already up there but not quite elite level yet for most but a game like that would certainly start to move him up into that area for more people. He's a top 5 Dynasty WR for me at this point. Consensus has him outside the top 15 at this point.

Edwards being a rookie is understandably outside the top 50 at this point for most but being a rookie and playing like that would get him moving up quickly. He's a top 20 Dynasty WR for me at this point. 

The rookie acquisition cost on all of these guys was 2nd round/maybe 3rd and it’s an interesting dynamic if you could have positioned yourself to get them. If you weren’t able to draft them, they should be VERY hard to acquire unless their owner is not a true believer in them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 1:17 PM, Milkman said:

Ok guys hypothetical question here.

Where will you rank DJ Chark among WR if he comes out and puts up a 8-120-1 game Sunday?

Where will you rank Diontae Johnson among WR if he comes out and puts up a 10-115-2 game on Monday?

Where will you rank Bryan Edwards among WR if he comes out and puts up a 7-90-1 game on Sunday?

 

 

This has aged like fine wine.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 9:58 PM, ffmail4me said:

If you believe Hunt is going to be as much as a factor as many are saying then yes I probably would. 

I'm interested in hearing what people think Chubb's value is right now. There was a good discussion about it back in August but since then Hunt has resigned with Cleveland and we saw this past Sunday that the team may be throwing the ball more than would benefit Chubb. Is he worth more than an early to mid 1st round pick in 2021?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, roarlions said:

I'm interested in hearing what people think Chubb's value is right now. There was a good discussion about it back in August but since then Hunt has resigned with Cleveland and we saw this past Sunday that the team may be throwing the ball more than would benefit Chubb. Is he worth more than an early to mid 1st round pick in 2021?

Of course.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

Team A gets Dobbins

Team B gets 2021 1st, 2022 1st, Herndon.

PPR

You should be in the completed trades thread. Not nagging, that's just where those go.

I side with Dobbins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tombonneau said:

Michael Thomas owner checking. Not totally desperate at WR2, but I'm thinking of making overtures to Sanders owner right now just to be safe.

What do we think his current value is? Probably a second? Or a young WR prospect?

I own Sanders in a league I am one of the top contenders.  I would take a 2nd for Sanders (T. Hill, AJ Brown, Di. Johnson ahead of him for WRs).

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...