What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (11 Viewers)

Is he really going for a first round pick right now? A guy in my league wanted a WR and I said I had DeVante Parker or Parris Campbell available, asked what I was looking for, I asked if Gibson was for sale and he said possibly. I just don't know Gibson's value and what I should offer him. Any insight?

I sold Gibson for a 1st round pick almost a month ago. To one of the top 1/3 teams in the league, but that’s still profit for me since I’m not a Gibson believer. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Would you rather have 

A. 2022 1st round pick (TBD 1-12) 

B. WTF’s Gibson

?
Generally, I don't trade future draft picks unless it's for a sure thing at a position of need.

What would you give for him if you owned CEH? I sent him many offers prior & this is the 1st time I got a counter.
He smells blood.  I would probably just wait until it becomes clear to him that Williams isn't going to help his team very much then offer a 3rd, but if you're weak at RB outside of CEH, offer a 2nd.  If you're not weak at RB and don't really need the handcuff, stand fast at a 3rd.

What about all the Tomlin talk?
Go read about Tomlin talk about Conner in the off season.  In addition to that I doubt Conner is with the Steelers beyond this year.  My man crush for Snell is well documented (see my idiotic comments favoring him over Miles Sanders after both were drafted), but I think McFarland is their future, not Snell. Or neither is their future.   I could be wrong again and have been right about Snell all along, lol.  Then again watch them draft another RB high next year.  Maddening isn’t it?  They are saying Snell looks quicker after losing weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went afterMcFarland b/c cannot hurt & the McFarland owner rejected Renfrow for him & countered with my Steve SIms Jr for McFarland. I don't like giving up Sims for this as I am high on Sims, but maybe I'm wrong? Maybe I should counter offering Greg Ward...
No one will give you anything for Ward.  He’s waiver wire fodder.  I would rather have McFarland over Sims, but I can respect others thinking otherwise.

Anybody bought Edmonds recently?  I posted in his thread, but it seems like he might be a bit undervalued right now. For one, Drake has pulled the rug out from under us before. It wouldn’t be the first time he got hurt or disappointed. Secondly, the Cardinals run a TON of plays when the air raid is working like it should with their offensive talent. Maybe on another team a 35% back won’t get enough work, but with the Cardinals pushing 80 plays a game, that could easily be 10-12 touches per week even with a healthy Drake, no?  Where is the logical flaw in my argument, cause I’m sure it’s here but can’t figure out why he isn’t prioritized more in PPR like Cohen-lite with a huge ceiling. 

Thinking of offering a 2021 2 for Edmonds and a 2021 3. His owner isn’t a Drake owner in my league, but wondering if that’s either insulting or an overpay for Edmonds. 

Anybody bought Edmonds recently?  I posted in his thread, but it seems like he might be a bit undervalued right now. For one, Drake has pulled the rug out from under us before. It wouldn’t be the first time he got hurt or disappointed. Secondly, the Cardinals run a TON of plays when the air raid is working like it should with their offensive talent. Maybe on another team a 35% back won’t get enough work, but with the Cardinals pushing 80 plays a game, that could easily be 10-12 touches per week even with a healthy Drake, no?  Where is the logical flaw in my argument, cause I’m sure it’s here but can’t figure out why he isn’t prioritized more in PPR like Cohen-lite with a huge ceiling. 

Thinking of offering a 2021 2 for Edmonds and a 2021 3. His owner isn’t a Drake owner in my league, but wondering if that’s either insulting or an overpay for Edmonds. 
Chase Edmonds for Joshua Kelley 16 team PPR

I traded Edmonds for the 2.06 in our rookie draft this year.

Fuller's value just went up last night. Edmonds is worth about a decent two in my book. I roster him and that's what it would take, though I might just hold him as a lottery ticket. But I came into post about Kareem Hunt. Agreed to an extension with the Browns. His value just tanked, along with Chubb's.

3rd for Hunt fair in PPR?
No. I personally don't think so. Hunt is at least a really good second. I would hold out for a first if I owned him. Hunt and Chubb are both RBs you're able to start as of now, so you have to adjust accordingly. I shouldn't have used "tanked." That was too hyperbolic, but I don't see how the move is good for guys that own either one. They eat into each other's touches, and you have proof from last season. 

I personally would not give a 1st, but a late or mid 2nd is fair IMO if one needs a RB. Not like it isn't mostly crapshoot for rookies there
Prices vary, for sure. I tried to ship a first and acquire Hunt and Pollard and was told Hunt wasn't touchable given the owner's current RB situation. So there's that kind of individualized want per whoever owns him in your league.

If I was gonna say won't trade a RB, Hunt won't be it regardless of my RBs. He is very replaceable. He's not CMC or Zeke lol
Yeah, I totally agree, but I can't tell the guy to trade him. Everybody is gonna everybody...I'm just saying leagues and individual tastes may vary.

I've offered so many good deals according to not just calcs but common sense and can't seem to get other owners interested. And the one who is wants like four quality starters for four of his bench players.

Ok guys hypothetical question here.

Where will you rank DJ Chark among WR if he comes out and puts up a 8-120-1 game Sunday?

Where will you rank Diontae Johnson among WR if he comes out and puts up a 10-115-2 game on Monday?

Where will you rank Bryan Edwards among WR if he comes out and puts up a 7-90-1 game on Sunday?

Where will you rank DJ Chark among WR if he comes out and puts up a 8-120-1 game Sunday?

Where will you rank Diontae Johnson among WR if he comes out and puts up a 10-115-2 game on Monday?

Where will you rank Bryan Edwards among WR if he comes out and puts up a 7-90-1 game on Sunday?
trick question

I already rank them pretty highly and one game (for any player) wouldn’t move the needle for me much, if at all, on dynasty value.

It looks like you are asking this more of people who don’t rate these guys as highly as you do.

I already rank them pretty highly and one game (for any player) wouldn’t move the needle for me much, if at all, on dynasty value.

It looks like you are asking this more of people who don’t rate these guys as highly as you do.
Yeah maybe. Think Diontae Johnson specifically is going to see this biggest jump if he has a great game. He's a top 10 Dynasty WR for me at this point. Consensus has him outside the top 35 right now.

Chark is already up there but not quite elite level yet for most but a game like that would certainly start to move him up into that area for more people. He's a top 5 Dynasty WR for me at this point. Consensus has him outside the top 15 at this point.

Edwards being a rookie is understandably outside the top 50 at this point for most but being a rookie and playing like that would get him moving up quickly. He's a top 20 Dynasty WR for me at this point. 

12team, PPR, SF.

trade offer:

Team A gets: Dobbins.

Team B gets: Lockett, and a 2021 first.

Team A is rebuilding and has 3 first in the 2021 and 2 in 2022. Top RB's are Mack and Cohen.

12team, PPR, SF.

trade offer:

Team A gets: Dobbins.

Team B gets: Lockett, and a 2021 first.

Team A is rebuilding and has 3 first in the 2021 and 2 in 2022. Top RB's are Mack and Cohen.
Unless he can flip Lockett for something resembling another 1st, I strongly dislike this deal for the rebuilding team.

Unless he can flip Lockett for something resembling another 1st, I strongly dislike this deal for the rebuilding team.
yes, I don't see the point of trading a nice rebuilding piece for the possibility of getting a nice rebuilding piece.  Just kicking the can

Yeah maybe. Think Diontae Johnson specifically is going to see this biggest jump if he has a great game. He's a top 10 Dynasty WR for me at this point. Consensus has him outside the top 35 right now.

Chark is already up there but not quite elite level yet for most but a game like that would certainly start to move him up into that area for more people. He's a top 5 Dynasty WR for me at this point. Consensus has him outside the top 15 at this point.

Edwards being a rookie is understandably outside the top 50 at this point for most but being a rookie and playing like that would get him moving up quickly. He's a top 20 Dynasty WR for me at this point. 
The rookie acquisition cost on all of these guys was 2nd round/maybe 3rd and it’s an interesting dynamic if you could have positioned yourself to get them. If you weren’t able to draft them, they should be VERY hard to acquire unless their owner is not a true believer in them. 

This has aged like fine wine.

If you believe Hunt is going to be as much as a factor as many are saying then yes I probably would. 
I'm interested in hearing what people think Chubb's value is right now. There was a good discussion about it back in August but since then Hunt has resigned with Cleveland and we saw this past Sunday that the team may be throwing the ball more than would benefit Chubb. Is he worth more than an early to mid 1st round pick in 2021?

I'm interested in hearing what people think Chubb's value is right now. There was a good discussion about it back in August but since then Hunt has resigned with Cleveland and we saw this past Sunday that the team may be throwing the ball more than would benefit Chubb. Is he worth more than an early to mid 1st round pick in 2021?
Of course.

Michael Thomas owner checking. Not totally desperate at WR2, but I'm thinking of making overtures to Sanders owner right now just to be safe.

What do we think his current value is? Probably a second? Or a young WR prospect?

Michael Thomas owner checking. Not totally desperate at WR2, but I'm thinking of making overtures to Sanders owner right now just to be safe.

What do we think his current value is? Probably a second? Or a young WR prospect?
I own Sanders in a league I am one of the top contenders.  I would take a 2nd for Sanders (T. Hill, AJ Brown, Di. Johnson ahead of him for WRs).

Anyone seen a trade with Cam Newton in a SF league?  I have 4 starting qb's in a 12 team league (watson, m ryan, brees, and cam) and just exploring what Cam is worth.  Is it a 2021 1st?  Is it more than that, is it one of this years WR's like Jefferson or Reagor?  Just looking for a ballpark of what I might be able to get.  

Anyone seen a trade with Cam Newton in a SF league?  I have 4 starting qb's in a 12 team league (watson, m ryan, brees, and cam) and just exploring what Cam is worth.  Is it a 2021 1st?  Is it more than that, is it one of this years WR's like Jefferson or Reagor?  Just looking for a ballpark of what I might be able to get.  
Before his play last week and when Damien Harris was all the hype as NE starting RB I sold Newton and Harris for a 2023 1st and 2nd.  I was told it was light, but my team is in rebuild so I want picks not older assets that put up points.

After seeing Newton in week 1 I there is a possibility someone would have paid more for him than what I sold him for.

Users who are viewing this thread