Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tentative rookie RB/WR tiers after diving into clips and stats this weekend:   RB Josh Jacobs, Raiders - No major weaknesses and walks into a starting role. Power, hands, elusiveness, and e

That is interesting. As a Gordon owner here and there, I think I'd have jumped on that offer in any league I have him, without even looking at my own roster or that of the owner sending me the pick.

At first glance I agree, but then when I think about it I almost think the opposite.  If anything it's ridiculous that RBs are so ridiculously overvalued in 1qb leagues.  I love RBs having lots of val

16 hours ago, RC94 said:

Who are your top 6 dynasty QBs and how do you have them ranked?

Mahomes

Murray, Allen, Watson, Jackson

Herbert, Dak

Lawrence

Wilson, Burrow

*Edit:

Lance

Fields, Hurts, Rodgers, Z. Wilson

Tua, Tannehill, Baker

Edited by Concept Coop
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 1/16/2021 at 1:00 PM, ghostguy123 said:

Maybe, maybe not, but my point with some of the athletes is how much do you really need??  When you have say a guaranteed 50 millio do you really need to hold out for maybe an extra 5 when so many things can go wrong, such as breaking your leg in half like Alex Smith, Bridgewater, or a career altering concussion, random car accident.........just saying.

If they only need so much, they pretty much have enough already. The rest is bragging rights.

Interesting that none of these QB rankings include Russell Wilson.  He just turned 32 in November.  Everyone else mentioned is obviously younger but for the next 3-4 years, I'd think he'd be top 6 in somebody's list

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, wlwiles said:

Interesting that none of these QB rankings include Russell Wilson.  He just turned 32 in November.  Everyone else mentioned is obviously younger but for the next 3-4 years, I'd think he'd be top 6 in somebody's list

Wilson is perpetually overlooked.  He's also super frustrating to own.  This season, for instance, he carried one of my teams for the first half of the season and then largely disappeared in the second half with no real rhyme or reason as to why his stats dropped so significantly.

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone who has posted their QB rankings.  Really good stuff, and I'm loving the conversations in this thread.  I won't post AC forum questions, but I'm trying to think of who to target for a QB upgrade.  That's really my main focus this offseason for one of my main teams.

As far as Wilson, @InDitkaWeTrust put it perfectly for me.  I have him in one league and he was frustrating in the 2nd half of the season.  I think SEA emphasizes the run next year so I don't think Wilson is necessarily going to be in the top 5 even for the short term.  Even despite having a great 1st half of the season last year, he was still 7th in PPG for the season in the league where I have him.

When you guys are ranking Watson, are you making the assumption that he's going to be traded or are you thinking he's going to stay in HOU?  He's the hardest to rank right now for me.  If he goes to the NYJ or MIA, I would probably have him as my #2 or 3 QB, but if stays in HOU I would move him down a couple of spots most likely.

Edited by RC94
1 minute ago, RC94 said:

When you guys are ranking Watson, are you making the assumption that he's going to be traded or are you thinking he's going to stay in HOU.  He's the hardest to rank right now for me.  If he goes to the NYJ or MIA, I would probably have him as my #2 or 3 QB, but if stays in HOU I would move him down a couple of spots most likely.

I don't think it matters where he plays. He'd be my #1 choice of QBs to acquire - not because he's better than Mahomes, but because he's in the ballpark yet would likely require a good deal less to get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, RC94 said:

When you guys are ranking Watson, are you making the assumption that he's going to be traded or are you thinking he's going to stay in HOU?  He's the hardest to rank right now for me.

First let me say ranking 2-7 is difficult for me. I'd have no strong argument to make for whatever order they ranked and I think it's fair to say I got 2 closer to 7 then I got 2 to 1. And I own gobs of this group, don't have a team that does not have at least one of them and to a degree  it's problematic I got more then one of them on several one start QB teams.

To answer your Watson question I would just say I don't know but what I did was look at two things. Just how good Watson is as a player first and foremost, IMO the second best QB in the league and I know that's subjective and again nothing I'd argue with people about who feel differently. The other thing I did was put a lot of emphasis on weeks 12-17 when his number one WR was Brandin Cooks and he did not have  ton of weaponry or running game to help him he was played really well, granted not a murders row of teams. That was something I really liked about him and Herbert last year, they lost their #1 WR's and they elevated the play of some players who seemed like spare parts.

Edited by menobrown
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, InDitkaWeTrust said:

Wilson is perpetually overlooked.  He's also super frustrating to own.  This season, for instance, he carried one of my teams for the first half of the season and then largely disappeared in the second half with no real rhyme or reason as to why his stats dropped so significantly.

There was a reason - Pete Carroll. Wilson had a couple bad turnover games, and Carroll put a stop to the LetRussCook offense. Carroll is under contract through 2025, so Wilson's prime is completely tied to him unless Pete has a health issue that forces him out. I am a huge Wilson fan, but that is enough for me to avoid him in dynasty.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, RC94 said:

When you guys are ranking Watson, are you making the assumption that he's going to be traded or are you thinking he's going to stay in HOU?  He's the hardest to rank right now for me.  If he goes to the NYJ or MIA, I would probably have him as my #2 or 3 QB, but if stays in HOU I would move him down a couple of spots most likely.

I have no assumption about where he'd go or what his weapons would be like, I just believe he's hands down the easy choice for a long term elite QB of the future other than Mahomes. Wherever he goes, there might be a rough year if there are no weapons, but the whole idea would be to give him those options in the future. I don't worry about Watson almost at all. That's why he's my #2, Kyler I have a question about his passing ability how good it actually is, but it's definitely better than Lamar's. Allen just had either his breakout year or his career year, I'm not willing to bet on it being his career year.

Watson is just the safest for me other than Mahomes regardless of where he lands. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Helaire-ious said:

How do folks see he TB WR situation for next season; anyone moving to another team? Also, where will Beckham likely end up & is he done as a top dynasty WR?

Not saying this is likely but it would be interesting. The Patriots have plenty of cap room, OBJ's value is very likely suppressed, and Belichick loves getting players for cheap. Put together OBJ and Stafford or something like that might be of interest. 

• Thinking 1

How do folks see he TB WR situation for next season; anyone moving to another team? Also, where will Beckham likely end up & is he done as a top dynasty WR?

I have a feeling Godwin is gone.  And not that he's a WR but I think in the unlikely event TB wins the Superbowl, Gronk would retire again.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, wlwiles said:

Considering that Carroll fired Shotty Jr. for not being conservative enough (let that sink in) - should tell us that Russ does not really offer any real advantage over average starting QB.

• Like 4

How do folks see he TB WR situation for next season; anyone moving to another team? 

I could see them letting Godwin walk due to the $ (although they appear to be in good cap shape but do have some big names they need to decide on) but if Brady is back I bet they bring in another quality vet...Tampa will still be playing for the now as long as Brady is there...I could see a WR like Tyler Johnson getting more work but I just don't see them going all in on the youth.

Edited by Boston

How is everyone ranking these WRs for dynasty PPR as of today? My ranking is below the list

Claypool
Mike Evans
Beckham
Godwin
AJ Brown
Keenan Allen
Hopkins
ARob

I have it:

Hopkins
AJB
Allen
ARob
Godwin
Evans
Beckham
Claypool

Edited by Helaire-ious
6 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I wonder who will get more money - Chris Godwin or Allen Robinson.

If Godwin walks, Robinson might be a great replacement for a couple million...less? Maybe?. :shrug:

I would guess they will be right around the same $...Godwin is 2.5 year younger but Robinson will be 28 in August so I don't think he will get dinged for his age on this contract.

• Like 3
  • Hopkins
  • AJ Brown
  • Godwin
  • Keenan Allen
  • ARob
  • Claypool
  • Mike Evans
  • Beckham

I think the margin on the first 4 is pretty thin - Claypool is the wildcard as he has massive upside but the situation is a bot shaky with Ben's decline and no "future QB' in sight.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:
  • Hopkins
  • AJ Brown
  • Godwin
  • Keenan Allen
  • ARob
  • Claypool
  • Mike Evans
  • Beckham

I think the margin on the first 4 is pretty thin - Claypool is the wildcard as he has massive upside but the situation is a bot shaky with Ben's decline and no "future QB' in sight.

Good list Doc...question...do you have Godwin and Arob locked in or will their eventual landing spot change your rankings?

8 minutes ago, Boston said:

Good list Doc...question...do you have Godwin and Arob locked in or will their eventual landing spot change your rankings?

I wouldn't change much but yes the landing spots would need to be considered.

3 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

On TB it's guesswork of course, as all FA destinations would be but my guess is Godwin walks and AB steps up huge with a full off season and normal start to season. While that's a guess I feel more confident  saying I don't see all 3 WR's returning mainly because I think while AB had some other options to return they were not options like when he left Pittsburgh or Oakland so he was willing to take cheap pay and the third option on a SB contender in FL and playing with Brady.  He options should increase and I don't think he'll be content to be WR3 and as well as wanting more pay so can't see all 3 of them returning.

I do believe Odell is done as a top dynasty WR. After they got knocked out of the playoffs they spoke of being excited to get him back, I'm not so sure on that yet.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, RC94 said:

I won't post AC forum questions, but I'm trying to think of who to target for a QB upgrade. 

If it was me and I was trying to upgrade I would be less concerned with sorting out the rankings of the top 6-7 QB's and simply try and acquire the one that is least expensive.

I mentioned I own a lot of those QB's you listed, and for me I got it as a top 7, but I did not really think about it until I posted that out of my 8 dynasty teams I have at least one of them on all 8 and in total own 6 of of the 7. Lamar is only one I don't own on one of those 8 teams and that's only because he was on a Watson team and I traded him away in middle of 2019 season. So for me, someone who has no bias on this group as I own most of them, I got Mahomes a cut above but if I'm looking to buy one in the 2-7 range it's just the cheapest one. For example I had Allen at 7 and Watson at 2 and I'd pay close to nothing to turn Allen into Watson. They are in the same neighborhood and that's all I care about.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

How is everyone ranking these WRs for dynasty PPR as of today? My ranking is below the list

Claypool
Mike Evans
Beckham
Godwin
AJ Brown
Keenan Allen
Hopkins
ARob

With obvious caveat that FA and what some of these teams do at QB impacting this later:

AJB

Hopkins/Allen

Claypool

Godwin

Robinson

Evans

Odell

• Thinking 1
1 minute ago, barackdhouse said:

AJ Brown
Hopkins
Keenan Allen
Claypool
Godwin

Mike Evans
ARob

Beckham

Man, you beat me posting by just a hair and it almost looks like I copied, I swear I did not.

Good list 😁

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

Claypool
Mike Evans
Beckham
Godwin
AJ Brown
Keenan Allen
Hopkins
ARob

I have it:

Hopkins
AJB
Allen
ARob
Godwin
Evans
Beckham
Claypool

Tier2: AJ Brown/Hopkins

T3: Godwin

T4: Keenan/Robinson/Evans/Claypool

T5: OBJ

2 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Don't forget Haskins signed there.......hahahahahhahahaha

• Sad 2

Going like this and my reasoning:

Tier One: Claypool/AJ Brown/Godwin, in that order

Too much youth to deny. All these guys are under 25 and will give you four years of production. Claypool is probably my number one guy but for the quarterback situation. JuJu is likely leaving. Davis is likely leaving Brown. Godwin hasn't left for anywhere yet, which complicates his value. If he winds up in New England or Detroit as they're likely set to be, that's el stinko. Drop him a Tier if he does.

Tier Two: Robinson/Allen/Hopkins, in that order

Two-year window guys. None are burners. I like burners. Like I like turtles. But these guys are obviously great. I like Robinson the most here because of age, Allen as the older guy because of Herbert.

Tier Three: Evans

Evans showed in the NFCCG why he might not be the alpha one needs. Other than that, his red zone rapport with Brady is insane. He'll get plenty of dunk looks in the red zone, as was predicted this off-season. If Brady plays three more years, bump Evans up into Tier Two and leave Odell in...

Tier Four: Beckham

Beckham looked great against Dallas this year, but who didn't. Has Landry, Higgins, and DPJ to worry about for targets. Me first player. May have played his last game for Cleveland.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1
On 1/25/2021 at 3:11 PM, Just Win Baby said:

There was a reason - Pete Carroll. Wilson had a couple bad turnover games, and Carroll put a stop to the LetRussCook offense. Carroll is under contract through 2025, so Wilson's prime is completely tied to him unless Pete has a health issue that forces him out. I am a huge Wilson fan, but that is enough for me to avoid him in dynasty.

Not to argue your point too much (because I think it's fairly accurate), but Wilson looked visibly different from the first 8 weeks to the last 8.  His decision making was a little off, he wasn't running like he normally does, and at times threw what appeared to be lazy passes.  I can't place all that blame on Carroll.  I kept waiting to hear of some kind of injury for Russ those last games of the season.

2 hours ago, InDitkaWeTrust said:

Not to argue your point too much (because I think it's fairly accurate), but Wilson looked visibly different from the first 8 weeks to the last 8.  His decision making was a little off, he wasn't running like he normally does, and at times threw what appeared to be lazy passes.  I can't place all that blame on Carroll.  I kept waiting to hear of some kind of injury for Russ those last games of the season.

Agree Wilson bears some blame. The worrisome thing is that Caroll reportedly fired Schottenheimer because he did not agree with Carroll's vision for getting back to more emphasis on the running game being the right path forward for the offense. In other words, Carroll seemingly fired him for not being conservative enough. Brian Schottenheimer...

• Laughing 1
9 minutes ago, Just Win Baby said:

Agree Wilson bears some blame. The worrisome thing is that Caroll reportedly fired Schottenheimer because he did not agree with Carroll's vision for getting back to more emphasis on the running game being the right path forward for the offense. In other words, Carroll seemingly fired him for not being conservative enough. Brian Schottenheimer...

Running the football and stout defense wins championships. Who'd have thought a Truther would be a dinosaur, too?

Hwarf.

13 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

Between Beckham, Landry, and Higgins I think Beckham is the most likely to be a Brown in '21.

12 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

How are people feeling about Josh Jacob's? Just saw him traded for pick 5

That’s about right. Without seeing spots I’d take Jacobs but would probably take the 1.04 over him. 

9 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

He is likely a better bet in 2021 than any RB one would draft #5. So if one is in a window, but short a RB I understand considering such a move. I would not do it though. And if I did I would exhaust my alternatives first. 

Nothing matters more in our game than volume, but sustained volume depends on production and Jacobs has not cleared that bar. If '22 does not go better then I expect the Raiders to decline his option and draft his eventual replacement.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Single qb I assume?If so I feel like thats right about where I would sell him also. If i was a competing team, and currently held my late 1st and had no RB depth, then maybe in that specific scenario I would hold here. But im not a huge jacobs fan. He is a meh talent getting by on TDs

Edited by Pwingles
10 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

I'm buying at that price. He's still really young, the same age as Harris and Etienne. And I still like the talent. The efficiency that wasn't there this season was there the prior. He's capable of it. If he gets back to that, he greatly outperforms this kind of investment. If he doesn't, the volume alone should repay it, if he stays healthy. I'd be really excited about landing him for that.