Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread

spider321

3 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Who would you take? I’m thin at RB, but Pitts could be special 

Now that is a great question. You can decide this a little later. Accept the offer before he accepts one of the other 7 offers, then we can talk!

1 minute ago, robb said:

Now that is a great question. You can decide this a little later. Accept the offer before he accepts one of the other 7 offers, then we can talk!

Oh, it’s in his court. He was sniffing it out. The offer is up. He’s the one who’ll need to accept and then I’m on the clock (slow draft) 

5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Who would you take? I’m thin at RB, but Pitts could be special 

Can’t imagine both of those players are available at 8. I myself lean a little more in the Pitts side, even if you need RB. Not much better than Williams, but enough better to take a once every 15 years tight end.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, robb said:

Can’t imagine both of those players are available at 8. I myself lean a little more in the Pitts side, even if you need RB. Not much better than Williams, but enough better to take a once every 15 years tight end.

Superflex, and a lot of folks went QB cuz they were hurting.

1.01 Lawrence 

.02 Lance

.03 Fields

.04 Chase

.05 Harris (who I thought was 1.01-1.02

.06 Etienne

.07 Wilson

The talent left is why I’m willing to move Hopkins.

Are you not competing in 2021?  That’s the only reason I would trade a guy who is likely to be no worse than WR6 for a rookie TE who would be lucky to score half that many points this year. 

And I LOVE Pitts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

Are you not competing in 2021?  That’s the only reason I would trade a guy who is likely to be no worse than WR6 for a rookie TE who would be lucky to score half that many points this year. 

And I LOVE Pitts. 

I’m competing. Maybe. I’m also getting long in the tooth at several positions. I’d also like to move Mike Evans. If I can get 1.09 for Evans I’ll take both Pitts & JaWill. 

3 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

He accepted. I am on the clock. Pitts or JaWill? 

Pitts…if both players hit their upside you can always find another Williams (that is not a knock on him)…you won’t find another Pitts and he would probably also do it longer.

Edited by Boston
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Boston said:

Pitts…if both players hit their upside you can always find another Williams…you won’t find another Pitts and he would probably also do it longer.

I also have only Engram, Ertz, Sample & Gronk at TE, so leaning Pitts. 

but offered up Mike Evans for 1.09 so we’ll see if I can’t land both. 

Took Pitts, and get a mid 2nd next year. Feel like I got solid value for an aging Hopkins. 

gah - team 1.09also has 1.10 & 1.12

I’mma try for 1.11

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Took Pitts, and get a mid 2nd next year. Feel like I got solid value for an aging Hopkins. 

gah - team 1.09also has 1.10 & 1.12

I’mma try for 1.11

If you could get Williams for Evan’s you’d have the draft won.

• Thanks 1

Don't know if you'd have to move Evans to get the 1.11, but if I could get it for less, I'd be OK with Sermon as a consolation prize if Williams didn't fall to me. Here's to your opponent going DSmith/Mac Jones with his upcoming selections!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, robb said:

If you could get Williams for Evan’s you’d have the draft won.

Even If Williams goes, I’d be ok with Sermon at 1.11 if he accepts. 1.11 needs WRs too. 

9 minutes ago, nittanylion said:

Don't know if you'd have to move Evans to get the 1.11, but if I could get it for less, I'd be OK with Sermon as a consolation prize if Williams didn't fall to me. Here's to your opponent going DSmith/Mac Jones with his upcoming selections!

Just posted exactly that. And as a Niner fan, bonus. 

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Superflex, PPR. 

Would you downgrade from Mahomes to Goff for 

1. Debo, Davonte Adams & a 2022 1st (likely late) 

2. Harris, Debo, & a 2022 1st (likely late) 

3. Cam, Debo & 2022 2nd (likely late)

?

1, 2, or 3, or not at all?

I’m in need of a RB (always) so the idea of getting Cam or Harris is very appealing. But I feel like Mahomes to Goff is falling off of a steep cliff.

I would also be left with a trio of Goff, DJones & Carr at QB. Which is, shall we say, less than spectacular. 

I personally wouldn’t do any of these. Cam is short-lived in NE. None of them are appealing. What Harris are you looking at?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, robb said:

I personally wouldn’t do any of these. Cam is short-lived in NE. None of them are appealing. What Harris are you looking at?

sorry, Cam Akers.

I wouldn’t touch Newton with my worst enemy’s team. 

Tee Higgins value check?

I'd like to turn him into a QB in a 1 QB league.  I've got Matt Ryan and Tua and I'm happy to add one to upgrade significantly at the position.

Edited by jm192
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jm192 said:

Tee Higgins value check?

I'd like to turn him into a QB in a 1 team league.  I've got Matt Ryan and Tua and I'm happy to add one to upgrade significantly at the position.

Feel like he’s dropped a little in value since last year, but you could maybe get a Stafford if you toss in a 2nd? 

by himself I don’t think you’ll upgrade from Ryan other than age. My draft calc has Goff as near even value, so...

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Feel like he’s dropped a little in value since last year, but you could maybe get a Stafford if you toss in a 2nd? 

by himself I don’t think you’ll upgrade from Ryan other than age. My draft calc has Goff as near even value, so...

I mistyped originally in the post, it's a 1 QB league.  Do you still think Stafford/Goff? Or is that for 2 QB/SF?

Thanks for your responses either way

2 minutes ago, jm192 said:

I mistyped originally in the post, it's a 1 QB league.  Do you still think Stafford/Goff? Or is that for 2 QB/SF?

Thanks for your responses either way

I was evaluating based on a 1 QB league. Stafford would likely take Higgins+ X, where Goff’s situation is worse so closer to even. 

Not saying you should target either, just saying where I think the value is. 

Obviously value is in the eye of the beholder - someone might love Higgins, or they might hate a QB that you like more than those 2. 

Higgins is in a crowded situation with a QB coming off a knee injury that didn’t do a whole lot to upgrade the OL last I checked. I just feel like people were really high on him last year & his value has dropped a little. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I was evaluating based on a 1 QB league. Stafford would likely take Higgins+ X, where Goff’s situation is worse so closer to even. 

Obviously value is in the eye of the beholder - someone might love Higgins, or they might hate a QB that you like more than those 2. 

Higgins is in a crowded situation with a QB coming off a knee injury that didn’t do a whole lot to upgrade the OL last I checked. I just feel like people were really high on him last year & his value has dropped a little. 

I gotta disagree on this one.  Tee Higgins is worth more than Stafford in a 1QB league.

• Like 7

Was just offered 1.11 (Sermon is on the board) and 2.05 for Daniel Jones & Mike Evans. 

Dare I pull the trigger? I’d still have Carr/Mahomes. I could use the RB. 

Hurts to lose the depth at QB in a SF

2 minutes ago, Boone22 said:

I gotta disagree on this one.  Tee Higgins is worth more than Stafford in a 1QB league.

Not according to my draft calc. :shrug: 

All depends on who’s buying & selling though. 1 QB league makes him less valuable than SF. 

6 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Was just offered 1.11 (Sermon is on the board) and 2.05 for Daniel Jones & Mike Evans. 

I think no.  I like Sermon's upside, but I think you can do better at RB if you're wanting to trade Evans.  And then giving up Jones on top of it--I think you can probably do better for that pair.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jm192 said:

Tee Higgins value check?

I'd like to turn him into a QB in a 1 QB league.  I've got Matt Ryan and Tua and I'm happy to add one to upgrade significantly at the position.

I would need to get one of the top, under 30, QBs for him (combined with Ryan or Tua) in a 1 QB league.  He's worth more than Stafford in a 1 QB IMO.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

No, you should be able to get a much better RB than Sermon for those 2 in a SF.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RC94 said:

I would need to get one of the top, under 30, QBs for him (combined with Ryan or Tua) in a 1 QB league.  He's worth more than Stafford in a 1 QB IMO.

The calculators I've looked at, I compared him to Lamar Jackson.

1 had Jackson slightly ahead.

1 had Higgins slightly ahead.

And then Hindrey's trade value chart has Higgins as a 23 and Lamar as a 20.  

• Like 1

Just now, jm192 said:

The calculators I've looked at, I compared him to Lamar Jackson.

1 had Jackson slightly ahead.

1 had Higgins slightly ahead.

And then Hindrey's trade value chart has Higgins as a 23 and Lamar as a 20.  

Wow. That’s a lot for Higgins. If I had Higgins I’d melt my keyboard smashing accept for LJax

2 minutes ago, RC94 said:

No, you should be able to get a much better RB than Sermon for those 2 in a SF.

I countered for 1.11 + Aiyuk 

I may still be overpaying. But I want to divest of Evans & not generating much interest. 

I countered for 1.11 + Aiyuk 

I may still be overpaying. But I want to divest of Evans & not generating much interest. 

He's only 27, and Brady jus thad a silly good season.  I wouldn't feel a sense of urgency to move him.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Wow. That’s a lot for Higgins. If I had Higgins I’d melt my keyboard smashing accept for LJax

I don't disagree.  Just talking through the calculators.  If I was offered it, I would have already jumped on it.  Sent an e-mail to the Jackson owner to see if we can do something.  

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

But I want to divest of Evans

I love guys like you in my dynasty leagues. People who voluntarily throw in the towel before the season begins and want to divest of perennial studs for (at best) lottery tickets. 

Just now, tangfoot said:

I love guys like you in my dynasty leagues. People who voluntarily throw in the towel before the season begins and want to divest of perennial studs for (at best) lottery tickets. 

I’ve had Evans for years. My whole team is aging. I’m not throwing in the towel at all. I’ve come in 3rd, 3rd and 4th in 3 years and my WR corps are all over 28.

I decided to hold onto Evans, but I’m thinner at RB than I am at WR. Since that’s been what’s kept me from going over the top since we started the league, I’m looking to get younger. With AB and Godwin, TB is crowded. 

this has nothing to do with throwing in the towel - it’s about building for the future while continuing to compete. would I be smarter to not listen to offers?

I post them here to see if I’m missing something. I rejected the deal, but I’m still gonna look to move aging pieces for youth if the deals make sense. 

I feel like I did well with the Hopkins move this AM. And with the talent on the board I wouldn’t have minded that 1.11 pick. Just didn’t work out. Ah well. 

• Like 1

Superflex, PPR. Reposted for clarity (player names confused some) 

Would you consider a downgrade from Mahomes to Goff for 

1. Goff+ Debo, Davonte Adams & a 2022 1st (likely late) 

2. Goff+ Najee Harris, Debo, & a 2022 1st (likely late) 

3. Goff+ Cam Akers, Debo & 2022 2nd (likely late)

and I might be able to squeeze 2022 1st in deal #3. They really want Mahomes & told me what they paid in another league last week. 

?

I’m in need of a RB (always) so the idea of getting Cam or Harris is very appealing. But I feel like Mahomes to Goff is falling off of a steep cliff.

I would also be left with a trio of Goff, DJones & Carr at QB. Which is, shall we say, less than spectacular. They also have Matt Ryan, but he’s no spring chicken. 

4 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Superflex, PPR. Reposted for clarity (player names confused some) 

Would you consider a downgrade from Mahomes to Goff for 

1. Goff+ Debo, Davonte Adams & a 2022 1st (likely late) 

2. Goff+ Najee Harris, Debo, & a 2022 1st (likely late) 

3. Goff+ Cam Akers, Debo & 2022 2nd (likely late)

and I might be able to squeeze 2022 1st in deal #3. They really want Mahomes & told me what they paid in another league last week. 

?

I would also be left with a trio of Goff, DJones & Carr at QB. Which is, shall we say, less than spectacular. They also have Matt Ryan, but he’s no spring chicken. 

No to all.  I have my doubts that Goff will be a long term starter in the NFL.  I would have to get a better QB in the deal.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Just now, RC94 said:

No to all.  I have my doubts that Goff will be a long term starter in the NFL.  I would have to get a better QB in the deal.

Would you consider any with Ryan? That’s the only other option besides Darnold. 🤢 

Would you consider any with Ryan? That’s the only other option besides Darnold. 🤢 

No, Ryan is too much older than Mahomes and Darnold isn't really better than Goff.  Mahomes is the clear 1.01 pick in most SF formats, unless the scoring is much lower for QBs than in most.

• Like 1

Just now, RC94 said:

No, Ryan is too much older than Mahomes and Darnold isn't really better than Goff.  Mahomes is the clear 1.01 pick in most SF formats, unless the scoring is much lower for QBs than in most.

Appreciate the feedback. I might be able to goose even more like both Cam Akers & Najee Harris + Debo & Goff, but man it’s hard to lose Mahomes for even that much. 

Ok, so my friend really wants Mahomes. 

ETA: couldn’t get it done, but interesting discussion, regardless. 

Worth noting: folks on the selling side of Mahomes value him WAY more than folks on the receiving side of Mahomes. 

Value is sort of a neutral term until people evaluate their teams and see what they’d have to lose to get a Mahomes.

i’m finding it’s very difficult to move Mahomes. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

Ok, so my friend really wants Mahomes. 

My team is super weak at RB. I have Carson, RoJo & a bunch of trash. 

At WR I’ve got ARob, Evans, Fuller, Samuel, Cole, Snead, TyWilliams so also an area of need. 

With Pitts I should be good at TE, & also have Sample/Uzomah, Gronk & Ertz.

So imma trust the good people of FBG to help make a deal. what package would y’all sharks consider worth dropping from Mahomes to Goff, if any? 

They are HOT for Mahomes and will likely overpay by a bit. It could solve my problems at WR & RB.

Players available to package:

• Najee Harris (just went 1.05)

• Cam Akers (it’s a husband / wife team - she wants to move Akers, he doesn’t, so this one’s harder to pull off) 

• James Robinson

• Derick Henry (obv he costs much more & likely eliminates the future 1st from the equation)

• Amari Cooper

• Davonte Adams (age is a factor here) 

• Debo Samuel

• 2022 1st round pick (likely 7-12)

I could likely have 3-4 players (including Goff) and possibly the 2022 1st.  

Debo/Harris/Goff/2022 1.xx would be accepted in a hot minute, which is why I’m tempted to open with Henry over Harris. Maybe ask for Cooper over Debo, too. 🤔 

Open to any/all suggestions & ideas. I feel like the right deal here could help me with rebuild while also winning now.

Prime example of what I just posted. With all due respect, this thread is not the Assistant Coach Forum. Reccommend you take these posts over there.

3 minutes ago, Just Win Baby said:

Prime example of what I just posted. With all due respect, this thread is not the Assistant Coach Forum. Reccommend you take these posts over there.

My bad. The forums aren’t as populated in the offseason, didn’t think it’d be a big deal. I’ll post over there. Sorry it caused you harm. 

then again, we’re literally determining Mahomes value.  This is the dynasty player value topic, right? 

maybe just ignore posts that you don’t like. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

Just now, Hot Sauce Guy said:

My bad. The forums aren’t as populated in the offseason, didn’t think it’d be a big deal. I’ll post over there. Sorry it caused you harm. 

I love the passive aggressive "sorry it caused you harm." It didn't "cause me harm." I just don't want to see that stuff in the Shark Pool. If I want to see it, I'll go to ACF. Thanks for adhering to the standards of the forums.

• Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Just Win Baby said:

I love the passive aggressive "sorry it caused you harm." It didn't "cause me harm." I just don't want to see that stuff in the Shark Pool. If I want to see it, I'll go to ACF. Thanks for adhering to the standards of the forums.

Clearly it deeply troubled you for you to take the time to call it out rather than simply ignoring it. 

Again; sorry to have vexed you so. I was trying to determine value for Mahomes in the “dynasty value” topic. Seemed appropriate. :shrug: 

ETA: nope, I checked the AC & nothing there resembled a “valuation for dynasty players” topic. 

Probably because this topic, the “dynasty value” topic, is the specific topic for that. So I’ll leave it here and hope that someone more willing to engage in that discussion comes by to offer suggestions on how best to get value from Mahomes / what combination of players might add up to that value. In the valuation topic.

Thanks for your input though.  :thumbup:

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

😂😂. You think Higgins wouldn’t even fetch Stafford. It is time for you to get off the trade calculator. 
In a 1 QB league Higgins would fetch Stafford plus 2 1sts. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

2 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I’ve had Evans for years

my WR corps are all over 28.

this has nothing to do with throwing in the towel

I feel like I did well with the Hopkins move this AM.

I get it, small leagues are tough to get deals done in. I’ve been there.

But I can’t abide your stance that giving up the WR9 and WR14 in STARTUP DYNASTY ADP is somehow a positive for your roster. 

Hopkins is currently slotted between rookies 1 and 2, you sold him for pennies on the dollar. Evans is worth more than the pick you got for Hopkins. 

You’re blowing up your team because of Rookie Fever in what is considered to be one of the weakest draft classes in a long time, and you didn’t even get one of the top studs in return. 

If I’m moving Nuk or Evans for rookie picks, I’m getting ####-ing Chase or keeping my studs. 

• Like 3