What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (5 Viewers)

Curious where you guys see guys like Robby Anderson and Brandin Cooks. I got an offer from the Anderson owner and personally I have Cooks by a fairly big margin. From targets alone I worry about Anderson when CMC returns. Yeah Anderson 11 targets last week but he was averaging about 3.5 with CMC in the lineup. We roster 4 WR's and I have Hollywood, Chase and Sutton so I don't think losing Cooks would hurt but his target share is nuts for what the offense is actually doing. I may try and package to upgrade another position but am I alone and thinking Andersons value is basically WW fodder?

Curious where you guys see guys like Robby Anderson and Brandin Cooks. I got an offer from the Anderson owner and personally I have Cooks by a fairly big margin. From targets alone I worry about Anderson when CMC returns. Yeah Anderson 11 targets last week but he was averaging about 3.5 with CMC in the lineup. We roster 4 WR's and I have Hollywood, Chase and Sutton so I don't think losing Cooks would hurt but his target share is nuts for what the offense is actually doing. I may try and package to upgrade another position but am I alone and thinking Andersons value is basically WW fodder?

I'm with you on Cooks by a wide margin.   This should be Anderson's time and he's doing nothing with it.   Terrace Marshall gaining experience isn't going to help.

Mahomes owner with zero backups at the moment.   A rebuilding team just dropped Matt Ryan and I gotta go get him because A) he has a Jags matchup when Mahomes has his week 12 bye  -and- B) I have a good team that can still make a run if Mahomes goes down.    Torn as to who I should drop:

Tony Jones -   IR (ankle) but projected for 3-4 weeks.   Value can still go through the roof if Kamara goes down.

Jaret Patterson -   Ownership % says this is the call.   I have Gibson but not McKissic.   I feel like Patterson could make this a split if Gibson goes down, and I don't have the utmost faith in him staying healthy.   Worth noting that Jermar Jefferson and Kylin Hill are free agents, who I view similarly to Patterson in a vacuum, if not for the protecting my starting RB angle.

David Johnson -   Would like to hang on to him through the trade deadline.   Am I nuts?

Bryan Edwards -   Probably have to keep him, but the Raiders passing hierarchy is starting to tempt me.

roarlions said:
Any other Henderson owners or anyone who has seen recent trades for Henderson want to chime in?
Before the season started and after Akers’ injury, I traded Akers and Henderson for Sutton, a 2022 2nd and a 2023 1st.

Not sure if that helps you at all but it’s all I got.

Where do y'all stand on Mike Williams? Idk maybe I'm in minority but I feel those 1st three games are a mirage.
I think you’re wrong. He’s always been a top talent, the No. 7 overall pick. Had some injuries early on in his career. Then was being used poorly. They would just send him deep for 50-50 jump balls throw it up to him in the end zone. So he scored 10 TDs one year and got 1k yards on less than 50 catches another. Now he’s a good young QB and a new OC who uses him like he used to use MT in NO. He’s still only 26 and it’s all coming together for him this season. Buy him if you can.

I’m aware he’s about to see increased usage, and will actually be in my starting lineup for the first time this week, but I’ve been offered 

2023 1st, 2023 4th for Shenault. 

Contending this year and Shenault could be very handy but these 23 1st rounders look valuable given the apparent strength of drafting class. How are people currently valuing him ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m aware he’s about to see increased usage, and will actually be in my starting lineup for the first time this week, but I’ve been offered 

Contending this year and Shenault could be very handy but these 23 1st rounders look valuable given the apparent strength of drafting class. How are people currently valuing him ? 
I would move him for a future 1st in a heartbeat, even two years out.

10 team SF. I'm in a win now window, Patterson owner is 1-3 and looks to be mainly playing a longer game. What round pick ought to get a trade done (could easily throw in a bit part player as well who I'd drop anyway)

10 team SF. I'm in a win now window, Patterson owner is 1-3 and looks to be mainly playing a longer game. What round pick ought to get a trade done (could easily throw in a bit part player as well who I'd drop anyway)
Good question, but I am on the other end and looking to trade him, either for players or picks! What should he fetch?

Well, when I blew up my team for a full rebuild, some thought I should have waited until later than the 1st game of the season as I might have been able to get more value for the players I'd dealt. 

Of this list, I think the timing worked out pretty well: 

Chris Carson - neck

ARob - QB

Gronk - broken ribs

Chase Edmonds - shoulder

The only player who's healthy is Mike Evans, and I got 2x 2023 1sts for him. 

My take-away is that when deciding whether to deal or wait, once you've decided on a rebuild, just get it done. All it takes is one injury to tank a players trade value entirely. 

Signed, 

~Will Fuller is on my roster & is now 100% untradeable. :(  

He was just traded for a 2022 2nd round pick in my league. 

He's valuable, but I'm not sure anyone is convinced he's going to keep this up. And he's 30, so I'm not sure how much long-term value he has. I thought a 2nd was a little steep tbh, but for a win-now team, I guess it made sense. 

Between the injuries, 3 player committees, and pass rate over expectation numbers, the RB position has become less reliable than ever before. Early returns probably show an advantage to those who went WR heavy.
Not to be too offtopic but I'm in one non-PPR scoring redraft league and the top two teams (both 4-0) are both guys who went zero-RB, loading up on WRs and QB/Kelce and are cobbling together RB production. One has Edmonds and is cycling through Ty'son/Chuba/Collins as his RB2, the other has Fournette and rotating Conner/Moss/Pollard.  We all laughed at them at the draft for having such horrible RBs in a non-PPR...

Not to be too offtopic but I'm in one non-PPR scoring redraft league and the top two teams (both 4-0) are both guys who went zero-RB, loading up on WRs and QB/Kelce and are cobbling together RB production. One has Edmonds and is cycling through Ty'son/Chuba/Collins as his RB2, the other has Fournette and rotating Conner/Moss/Pollard.  We all laughed at them at the draft for having such horrible RBs in a non-PPR...
By contrast, the zero RB team in my league went 1-3, and had to deal Mahomes for Robinson/Allen. He ran out Alex Collins last night for <10 points, and his opponent had Woods/Metcalf, so he appears to be well on his way to 1-4. 

Gotta catch lighting in a bottle with that strategy & it’s not always easy to do. 

He keeps offering me more and more for Mixon, Gainwell, Henderson, JaWill, and I keep rejecting. I’d rather have depth than reward him for failing to draft a RB.

If the offers get truly desperate I’ll take advantage, but this dude has won the league several times & he’s not quiet about that, so I’m enjoying watching him suffer for now. ;)  

ETA: while still off topic, his Mahomes for Allen / Robinson trade handed me 3 easier games. I was scheduled to play team Allen/Robinson twice. But now I only face Mahomes once (our 2nd matchup is Mahomes BYE) and I get the new team Allen / Robinson week 7, when They’re both on a BYE, along with Moss & his WR1. I couldn’t believe my luck! 

TartanLion said:

This is tough.   Gotta figure you picked him with a second last year, and he's about to show if he's going to pay off or not over the next handful of games where he'll be one of the top options in an offense that, while in constant disarray, will also be playing constant catchup.  There's a chance his value with never be higher than it currently is.  There's also the chance you could be asking for 2022 1st and 2023 1st before the trade deadline.

For me, he's a hold.  Especially because that fourth is nothing and there's no real way to predict where that 2013 pick will be in the draft order.

Well, when I blew up my team for a full rebuild, some thought I should have waited until later than the 1st game of the season as I might have been able to get more value for the players I'd dealt. 

Of this list, I think the timing worked out pretty well: 

Chris Carson - neck

ARob - QB

Gronk - broken ribs

Chase Edmonds - shoulder

The only player who's healthy is Mike Evans, and I got 2x 2023 1sts for him. 

My take-away is that when deciding whether to deal or wait, once you've decided on a rebuild, just get it done. All it takes is one injury to tank a players trade value entirely. 

Signed, 

~Will Fuller is on my roster & is now 100% untradeable. :(  

100% AGREE!

I traded Gronk, AJ Brown, Fitzmagic, and DJ Chark.  

I was in negotiations in a deal giving Fuller for Gainwell ...  that has fallen thru due to obvious reasons. 

100% AGREE!

I traded Gronk, AJ Brown, Fitzmagic, and DJ Chark.  

I was in negotiations in a deal giving Fuller for Gainwell ...  that has fallen thru due to obvious reasons. 
I had a 2023 2nd lined up when he missed that game for “personal reasons” and it fell through. So close! :doh:  

This is tough.   Gotta figure you picked him with a second last year, and he's about to show if he's going to pay off or not over the next handful of games where he'll be one of the top options in an offense that, while in constant disarray, will also be playing constant catchup.  There's a chance his value with never be higher than it currently is.  There's also the chance you could be asking for 2022 1st and 2023 1st before the trade deadline.

For me, he's a hold.  Especially because that fourth is nothing and there's no real way to predict where that 2013 pick will be in the draft order.
I’ve  pulled the trigger. Took him with a late second in 2020. Seems like a good turnaround for him, I suspect Jags may invest further at WR in the draft next year looking for a WR1. The guy that offered has had a good start to the year and thinks he’s a contender for next couple of years. I’m not so sure, with a little luck this  1st round pick could land in the 5-8 range in ‘23

A couple of big trades in one of my leagues this morning.

Zeke <-> 2022 1st/2nd/3rd/4th

Kamara <-> 2022 1st & Hunt.

Same owner trading both vets, so he's loaded for the '22 draft. I was the guy who sent all the '22 picks. I may regret it next season, but felt I had a contending team that would be bolstered by a borderline RB1, which is what Zeke feels like right now. 

Thoughts on Deebo? Is he legit?
Great question.  On one hand, his stats are bolstered by two long plays.  On the other, he's been very highly involved and getting a ton of targets.  With his run after catch ability, as long as he continues to get opportunity, I think the long plays will continue to come.  Can Lance get him the ball?  

Probably nothing has changed but if you can get top value for him you should considerate it only because I think there's a real chance Wilson leaves soon.

Can we not wait a couple of weeks on that? Obviously receivers are somewhat a product of their quarterback, but some are that good that they can produce and effectively be QB-proof (not directly comparing DK to him here but I look back at some of the garbage Megatron had to put up with until Stafford's 3rd/4th season), and we will get to find out soon?

edit - I think if there's a Seattle WR whose value would go down the toilet if they were to drop down to a game manager level QB in 2022 it'd be Lockett, not Metcalf

edit - I think if there's a Seattle WR whose value would go down the toilet if they were to drop down to a game manager level QB in 2022 it'd be Lockett, not Metcalf
You don't think they'd both take a hit if they changed offenses and started running the ball more?  If his 5 TD's were limited to say half that his per game average would drop to around 15ppg - which would put him in conversations with guys like Brandin Cooks, Sterling Shephard and Keenan Allen.  Just inquiring about getting best value for the guy, which could be a Hopkins, Godwin, AJ Brown + picks and he could be on their level if Russ departs.  

We will see a little glimpse in the next couple weeks, but if someone wants to sell high... might be the time to do it, no?

You don't think they'd both take a hit if they changed offenses and started running the ball more?

I mean they both probably would to some extent, I just have the feeling that any hit to Metcalf would be less than the hit to Lockett, just based on their respective playing styles, skills and age. Speaking as a Lockett owner in dynasty fyi.

Also not sure that it would be the best time to sell high - checking the scoring in my league he's around a mid-low WR1 level, which is more or less where you'd pick him up in redraft, so I wouldn't say he's massively outperforming his stock this season. Wilson possibly moving on was already known about. Wilson's just gone down as well which doesn't help matters.

Chubb vs JTaylor

Age wise I say Taylor over Chubb, but the RBBC for both can drive an owner nuts.  Which side do you prefer for this year?  Dynasty purposes I would say Taylor over Chubb but for a team trying to win it all this year do you go for Chubb?

Price check on Dawson Knox...semi-TE-premium dynasty. Fort Knox or Fool's Gold?

I turned down a 2nd and a throw in top 12-24 TE. 

Can we not wait a couple of weeks on that? Obviously receivers are somewhat a product of their quarterback, but some are that good that they can produce and effectively be QB-proof (not directly comparing DK to him here but I look back at some of the garbage Megatron had to put up with until Stafford's 3rd/4th season), and we will get to find out soon?

If you want to follow what everyone else does you can wait until you are sure. Metcalf isn't going in the toilet but there's a difference between a top 8 startup pick and Allen Robinson's career. If I owned him and somebody wants to pay top price, I'd take a real hard look at moving him.

Same owner trading both vets, so he's loaded for the '22 draft. I was the guy who sent all the '22 picks. I may regret it next season, but felt I had a contending team that would be bolstered by a borderline RB1, which is what Zeke feels like right now. 
A late 1st and late 2nd isn’t much for Zeke. I would want a decent prospect who might have been a borderline 1st/2nd last draft plus the 1st.

they dealt their entire 2022 draft for Zeke? 

It’s probably fair value-wise, but that’s a lot. I realize Zeke has been on a good streak. If I’m competing & a RB away I pay that. I could see that. 

I feel like Hunt is a sell high. I just read that the Browns have 1 RuTD & like 7 ReTD to RB? Last year & historically it was closer to 50-50 with Hunt/Chubb, so regression seems likely. Gimme Kamara in this one. 

plus the 2022 draft is expected fo be a bit weak from what I’ve been reading. 

Yeah - this was my take before reading this far.  You’ll be set at RB this year & probably the next couple years as well. Nice job, and I hope this put you over the top.

titusbramble said:
I mean they both probably would to some extent, I just have the feeling that any hit to Metcalf would be less than the hit to Lockett, just based on their respective playing styles, skills and age. Speaking as a Lockett owner in dynasty fyi.

Also not sure that it would be the best time to sell high - checking the scoring in my league he's around a mid-low WR1 level, which is more or less where you'd pick him up in redraft, so I wouldn't say he's massively outperforming his stock this season. Wilson possibly moving on was already known about. Wilson's just gone down as well which doesn't help matters.
I do agree with Lockett - as I think post-Wilson, he becomes almost non-existent.  As a twitchy, quick player approaching 30 - I don't think people are expecting much out of him and he has already outperformed expectations in the first couple games this year.  

I am considering buying (not selling) Metcalf.  The stance I am taking is - he hasn't done well and could potentially see his stock drop with Geno Smith throwing him balls; as it could give owners a glimpse of life after Russell Wilson, but - I could see Geno just peppering him with targets too.  

Value of Javonte Williams vs. Ja'Marr Chase for dynasty purposes? How much should the Javonte owner add to a deal to get Ja'Marr?

At least a future 1st.  I'm already hearing rumblings that Chase is the WR1 overall in dynasty and I'm sure his owners are feeling the same way.
Agree and I'm a big Williams fan. May be worth waiting till next season when he probably has the gig to himself, value may be closer then.

Price check on Dawson Knox...semi-TE-premium dynasty. Fort Knox or Fool's Gold?

I turned down a 2nd and a throw in top 12-24 TE. 
I'm wary of him.  His increase in value this year has been too TD reliant IMO.  I would like to see more volume because if he doesn't score a TD in a given game, chances are you're getting single digit points from him that week.

Value of Javonte Williams vs. Ja'Marr Chase for dynasty purposes? How much should the Javonte owner add to a deal to get Ja'Marr?
I doubt you’d find a Chase owner who would go out of their way to build a deal around Javonte as the main piece even if they did want to move him. He’s well on his way to overall WR1 status due to his youth and pedigree AND he’s producing now. He’s probably about to be the most coveted single player in dynasty, if he isn’t already. Javonte is not really the name I want to see in my inbox if I’m looking at packages to sell him—whether it’s to fuel either a further rebuild or a further leap into a win now window. 

10 team, PPR - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLEX (nerfed) IDP stats

What do you think the value of CMC is?  I never thought I would write these words at age 25, but I'm in win now mode and McCaffrey can't get on the field.  I've built a pretty robust backfield, due to the injury last season but like an idiot - never handcuffed him.  

Does he still have high value?  What type of young flashy assets can I get?  JaMarr Chase?  CeeDee Lamb?  Picks?

side note: I thought I was stacked at WR - AJ Brown, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Jerry Jeudy, Allen Robinson - boy that hasn't panned out like I'd hoped.  I'm 5-1 but am 100% beatable.  I have Najee Harris, Zeke, Gibson, Damien Harris at RB.  Hock, Pitts and Goedert at TE.  

Sorry for all the detail and I know this is probably borderline AC material, but nobody responds to this and I just want a generalization of player + picks combination for CMC and what the consensus is on unloading him a year or 2 too early.  

10 team, PPR - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLEX (nerfed) IDP stats

What do you think the value of CMC is?  I never thought I would write these words at age 25, but I'm in win now mode and McCaffrey can't get on the field.  I've built a pretty robust backfield, due to the injury last season but like an idiot - never handcuffed him.  

Does he still have high value?  What type of young flashy assets can I get?  JaMarr Chase?  CeeDee Lamb?  Picks?

In a start-2 RB league, he should be able to net either of the WRs you listed, I put his value at a pair of 1st round picks (one high, one middling/late).

In a start-2 RB league, he should be able to net either of the WRs you listed, I put his value at a pair of 1st round picks (one high, one middling/late).
I’m sure some will disagree but I can’t imagine giving either of those WR’s for him tbh. If you’re win-now, they’re producing big and he’s not on the field. If you’re rebuilding, they’re both younger and have longer expected career arcs before age-related decline.

Maybe lamb if my wr group was otherwise solid, no way on Chase (and I own Lamb but not Chase)

I'm headed for 2-4 as a CMC owner and contemplating blowing it all up now that he's on IR, so I reached out to the Chase and Lamb owners this morning just to see.  The Chase owner flat out said "untradeable", and the Lamb owner said it would take CMC plus more.  I'm going to throw CMC up on the block and see what kind of offers come in, but I will say that I haven't gotten a single offer for him so far, and didn't get a single offer for him last year during his injury either...the shine has worn off.  I think it can be restored but it's going to take him staying on the field for longer than 2-3 weeks in a row.  

I'm headed for 2-4 as a CMC owner and contemplating blowing it all up now that he's on IR, so I reached out to the Chase and Lamb owners this morning just to see.  The Chase owner flat out said "untradeable", and the Lamb owner said it would take CMC plus more.  I'm going to throw CMC up on the block and see what kind of offers come in, but I will say that I haven't gotten a single offer for him so far, and didn't get a single offer for him last year during his injury either...the shine has worn off.  I think it can be restored but it's going to take him staying on the field for longer than 2-3 weeks in a row.  
Good discussion, I'm 2-4 as well and have contemplated trading CMC. If the goal is to get rid of him and "rebuild", i may try to sell him after hes on the field. When he's healthy he is a cheat code for your roster.

I’m sure some will disagree but I can’t imagine giving either of those WR’s for him tbh. If you’re win-now, they’re producing big and he’s not on the field. If you’re rebuilding, they’re both younger and have longer expected career arcs before age-related decline.

Maybe lamb if my wr group was otherwise solid, no way on Chase (and I own Lamb but not Chase)

These are what I was afraid of - honestly, if he is a buy-low type.  I am more included to keep him.  With my roster, I cannot imagine giving him up for anything less than a Lamb or Chase, due to positional scarcity and his performance when he is on the field.  Even in a timeshare of say 70/30 - IF he is healthy, he is still capable of being a top 3RB and nothing from any RB's this season has shown me otherwise.  

I was really hoping to go for a WR + Saquon.  Woof.  Get Well Soon... so I can sell high 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread