What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (4 Viewers)

If you could buy one of: Doctson, Coleman, Parker, or M. Williams, who would it be and why? 
I've been staring at those 4 names for 2 minutes and still can't really decide. 

I own Coleman in 1 league and thankfully he's IR eligible, so I'm holding him for free. 

I have Mike Williams in another league, and he's waaaaay at the end of my WR bench. 

I think one thing I'd say for sure is that I'd put Parker 4th in that group, with a 3 way tie for first. 

Maybe Docston edges out Williams and Coleman cuz at least he's playing at stating to show something. 

I've been staring at those 4 names for 2 minutes and still can't really decide. 

I own Coleman in 1 league and thankfully he's IR eligible, so I'm holding him for free. 

I have Mike Williams in another league, and he's waaaaay at the end of my WR bench. 

I think one thing I'd say for sure is that I'd put Parker 4th in that group, with a 3 way tie for first. 

Maybe Docston edges out Williams and Coleman cuz at least he's playing at stating to show something. 
Funny, I'd have Parker first but really can't argue well for any definitive ranking. They're the same tier. 

:goodposting:

I don't typically do comprehensive rankings, but I would probably rank tiers something like this, also in approximate order within tiers:

• Tier 1 - Elliott (22), Gurley (23)
  • Tier 2 - Bell (25), Fournette (22), Hunt (22), David Johnson (26)
  • Tier 3 - Mixon (21), Cook (22), Kamara (22)
  • Tier 4 - McCaffrey (21), Howard (23), Gordon (24), Freeman (25), Henry (23)
That is 14. After that, as you noted there is a large group that is IMO more difficult to separate. There is a large age/mileage disparity between most of the players I named above and the likes of Martin, Ingram, Hyde, Miller, and McCoy. How to rank that older group will vary based upon one's opinion of the importance of age.

I suppose I could see Ajayi at #15 given your bolded statement combined with his age (24). But I have low confidence in that ranking. I also know another rookie class gets injected after 9 more regular season games, and I expect at least a few rookies (e.g., Barkley, Chubb, Adams, Harris, Guice, Love) to inject into the tiers I laid out above, pushing others including Ajayi down.

The original question that led to this tangent was how Ajayi compared to Mixon, Cook, and Kamara. I have all three of them in my top 9, and Ajayi in a gaggle that falls between 15-20+. Hence my initial reaction.
The last time I tried to do dynasty rankings was last January, so we have about half of the regular season played now which certainly changes things now. Also my last ranking did not include any rookie players. 

I usually don't like slotting rookie players with veterans until those players have played 2-3 seasons in the NFL. For those comparisons I usually go back to my rookie rankings as far as what tier I ranked them. For me Ajayi was a tier one rookie. Right there with Gordon as a prospect in my view. He was drafted later than I expected, so that information would be a bit of a downgrade, but I still believe Ajayis talent level was/is similar to Gordon, and as a tier one player still in the same tier as Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey and Mixon for me.

I am somewhat not sure why these rookie players who have not proven what Ajayi did n 2016 in their careers yet would be catapulted ahead of players like Ajayi and Gordon automatically upon entering the NFL?

I know some people do that, I don't. I don't rank the rookies with the veteran players until after they have played a couple seasons. So we differ as far as the view point that rookies coming in 2018 will push Ajayi down in rankings, to me that is premature.

What my rookie tiers mean is that I see the players upside being either top 12 (tier one) top 24 (Tier two) or top 36 (tier three). I give these rookies 3 seasons to reach that upside target before ranking them with the veteran players. WIth RBs you often can know a bit sooner than this, such as two seasons, but sometimes you cant. This is a seasonal ranking, as I think that is how players should be measured for dynasty, in terms of the quality and quantity of their seasons, not games which is a smaller scale or more discrete ranking. You do make an excellent point as far as Ajayi only having 4 really strong games so far in his career. However it is a bit arbitrary as well, some of his other games should be considered good enough and those four games were exceptionally impressive.

Jay Ajayi did hit this upside target last year when he was a top 12 RB. So for the way I am ranking the rookies, I think my ranking was correct. The reason it takes more than one season to judge the ranking is often you will have players who do not hit that target in their rookie season, which historically is a RBs worst season on average. The best season for a RB on average is their 3rd season.

Melvin Gordon similar to Ajayi did not reach the tier one target in his rookie season. It would have been premature in my view to dismiss Ajayi or Gordon as tier one rookie prospects after their rookie seasons. Both did hit that tier one in their second seasons. Todd Gurley hit this target as a rookie, then fell off to RB 19 in his second season. So in that sense going in to the 2017 season all 3 RB were equal in my point of view. Each had one top 12 season and one season not as good in their two year careers. 

Now in year three Gurley and Gordon are top 12 RBs. Ajayi is not after 8 weeks. So there is some reason to drop Ajayi down at this point. However looking at this in a longer term point of view, it is still early to really say that in my view. It is a perspective based more on what has happened with the players recently this season, instead of a longer term point of view.

I have always had Gurley and Gordon ahead of Ajayi, but as rookie prospects Ajayi in the same tier as those two. Now with 2.5 seasons played I think that is correct. Gurley and Gordon are looking like they will have 2 out of 3 of their first 3 seasons as top 12 RB. Ajayi will need some monster games over the rest of the season to have a second top 12 season. So those two are higher than Ajayi. In fact going into last season when I ranked all of the players in January, I had Gurley, Gordon, Freeman, Howard all one tier ahead of Ajayi in those rankings (that did not include rookies) and I had Ajayi as the first player of the next tier which included RBs McCoy, Henry, Hyde, Miller, Ingram.

What has happened with Ajayi this year has not really changed my point of view about him being in the same tier as these players. It is always possible that Ajayi does well with the Eagles and returns to the top 12 of RBs in the 2018 season if not this year.

I am reluctant to judge any of the 2017 rookies based only on this season, but I would rather have Cook and Fournette than Ajayi for sure. McCaffrey and Mixon are closer to Ajayi in my view not clearly ahead of him.

FWIW here are my January rankings which was posted in another thread around here that I don't feel like looking for right now. These rankings look at statistical performance of the players in a few different ways, their age and outlook for upcoming seasons, then gun to the head method for ranking the players inside a tier. I didn't really finish these so they get worse or I have less confidence in the tiers the deeper the list goes.

Odell Beckham 25
David Johnson 25

Ezekiel Elliot 22
Mike Evans 24

Antonio Brown 29
Julio Jones 28
LeVeon Bell 25
Amari Cooper 23
Sammy Watkins 23
TY Hilton 27
AJ Green 29
DeAndre Hopkins 25
Allen Robinson

Keenan Allen 25
Brandin Cooks 24
Rob Gronkowski 28
Todd Gurley 23
Melvin Gordon 24
Devonta Freeman 25
Michael Thomas
Javis Landry
Travis Kelce
DeMarius Thomas
Jordan Howard
Dez Bryant 29
Alshon Jeffrey

Jay Ajayi
Stefon Diggs
Doug Baldwin
Jordy Nelson
Golden Tate
Jordan Reed
LeSean McCoy
Derrick Henry
Carlos Hyde
Lamar Miller
Corey Coleman
Michael Crabtree 
Mark Ingram

DeMarco Murray
Tyler Lockett
Devantae Adams
Devantae Parker
Kelvin Benjamin
Randall Cobb
Jamison Crowder
Willie Snead
John Brown 27
Donte Moncrief

As far as FBGs dynasty rankers you mention I trust Couch Potato rankings for dynasty more than the other two, because I understand the process and methodology that goes into his rankings, while I am not aware of the methodology employed by the others for this purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gurley way higher. He's in a young, upcoming, offense and doesn't have the concerns of Bell and Zeke

Edit - Antonio Bryant lower  :D

Biabreakable said:
I usually don't like slotting rookie players with veterans until those players have played 2-3 seasons in the NFL. For those comparisons I usually go back to my rookie rankings as far as what tier I ranked them...

I am reluctant to judge any of the 2017 rookies based only on this season, but I would rather have Cook and Fournette than Ajayi for sure
I appreciate your detailed post. On this quoted part, it is clear that you use a different methodology than many people. Most people need to have a single ranking at a position, not multiple rankings, such as multiple RB rankings. I suspect that you essentially have that yourself, since everyone who plays dynasty is forced to make judgments in drafts, trades, free agent moves, and starting lineups. This seems to be shown by the last part I quoted here.

There are those who feel that dynasty rankings should be slow to change. I am not one of them. IMO half a season of data is definitely enough to move rankings, possibly significantly, especially at the RB position, which has the shortest duration of production.

Biabreakable said:
I am somewhat not sure why these rookie players who have not proven what Ajayi did n 2016 in their careers yet would be catapulted ahead of players like Ajayi and Gordon automatically upon entering the NFL?

I know some people do that, I don't. I don't rank the rookies with the veteran players until after they have played a couple seasons. So we differ as far as the view point that rookies coming in 2018 will push Ajayi down in rankings, to me that is premature.
I am convinced that it is important to take strong positions on players early in their careers, since waiting often means you miss out on players. This perspective is shown by my ranking of 6 rookies in the top 10 of the rankings I posted above. I'm sure I will be wrong about some of them, but everyone who does fantasy football rankings misses on players. Taking a strong position can help it to count more when you are right, though.

I know from this discussion and other threads that you have taken a pretty strong stand on Ajayi. He has a great opportunity right in front of him to prove you right. We'll see.

If I read the bolded sentence literally, you may prefer Ajayi to all 2018 rookie RBs entering next season. I would take Barkley over Ajayi today without a second's hesitation, even without knowing where he will play in the NFL. To each his own.

What are people's thoughts on acquiring Mark Ingram for future draft picks? The recent fumbles and the presence of Kamara concerns me, but would you give up more than a 2018 mid to late 2nd round pick for Ingram?

I appreciate your detailed post. On this quoted part, it is clear that you use a different methodology than many people. Most people need to have a single ranking at a position, not multiple rankings, such as multiple RB rankings. I suspect that you essentially have that yourself, since everyone who plays dynasty is forced to make judgments in drafts, trades, free agent moves, and starting lineups. This seems to be shown by the last part I quoted here.

There are those who feel that dynasty rankings should be slow to change. I am not one of them. IMO half a season of data is definitely enough to move rankings, possibly significantly, especially at the RB position, which has the shortest duration of production.

I am convinced that it is important to take strong positions on players early in their careers, since waiting often means you miss out on players. This perspective is shown by my ranking of 6 rookies in the top 10 of the rankings I posted above. I'm sure I will be wrong about some of them, but everyone who does fantasy football rankings misses on players. Taking a strong position can help it to count more when you are right, though.

I know from this discussion and other threads that you have taken a pretty strong stand on Ajayi. He has a great opportunity right in front of him to prove you right. We'll see.

If I read the bolded sentence literally, you may prefer Ajayi to all 2018 rookie RBs entering next season. I would take Barkley over Ajayi today without a second's hesitation, even without knowing where he will play in the NFL. To each his own.
I think rankings are hard. So while I will rank players at times and use different methods while doing so, when it actually comes to drafting players or making trades, I don't make those decisions purely off of rankings, even rankings I have made myself.

As far as time frames for adjusting rankings, that is up to the individual. I think there is a difference between dynasty and redraft. Half a season or even based on 3 game samples is enough to ajust my point of view for the current season and for who might be a better player right now, to me that is different than a dynasty ranking that should take multiple seasons into consideration for that view. It is really a different thing for me. I maybe am someone who doesn't like adjusting view points too quickly. Especially if I put a lot of work into my perspective about players with a 2-3 year window in mind, 8 games isn't going to change that point of view for me much.. Just because Cook got injured and isn't playing doesn't change my perspective on his value in 2018. If it did then you would have Cook and many players dropping all the time just based on how they are performing currently. To me that is the redraft perspective of player valuation, not dynasty. I do both but I try to keep them separated.

I agree that it is important to take a stand early as you can in regards to rookie players coming in future draft classes. You need to do that to value assets like rookie picks well or for folks in devy leagues, that becomes even more important.

For me I don't usually watch college players enough to have an idea about who is good or not until January-March when I spend more time watching those players.

I have seen enough of Barkley to have him ahead of Ajayi, maybe Chubb but I am not entirely sure about that. Another guy I have watched some is Love who strikes me as a pure speed player and I would not have him ahead of Ajayi. Guice I haven't seen enough of yet to have an opinion. I watched one game of his and he did not show me any reason why he would be an NFL starter in that game, much less ahead of Ajayi or other established NFL RB. But the week after I watched he has a very good game. So my evaluation of him is incomplete. I need to watch more of Chubb and Love from this year as well before trying to rank those guys. I don't do that right now. The other players you mentioned are complete unknowns to me.

eta - The way I rank rookie players in tiers does allow me to slot those players with the veteran players though.

What are people's thoughts on acquiring Mark Ingram for future draft picks? The recent fumbles and the presence of Kamara concerns me, but would you give up more than a 2018 mid to late 2nd round pick for Ingram?
I bought Ingram in the 2015 preseason (age 26) for the 1.10 pick (D.  Parker).

Sold Ingram mid season in 2016 for A. Jeffery (and also got Parker in another deal) during a full rebuild (collected quite a few picks).

Preseason 2017 I bought C. Hyde (age 26) for an early 2nd and early 3rd as my #3 RB behind Fournette & Cook (rebuild strategy worked, as I got C. Davis & Njoku as well.  ;) )

My point being...

....since I value Hyde slightly more than Ingram, plus the age difference, I believe a mid 2nd would be a fair value for Ingram in my league rules (non-PPR and yardage heavy = 2 points per 10 yards/ TDs still = 6 pts)...and a late 2nd would be good value for the Ingram buyer imo.

Glllll.

No I wouldn't give much more than a 2nd round pick for him at this point, but he is worth pretty much the same to me as Ajayi, Hyde and Lamar Miller as you see these RB are all in the same tier for me, Ingram at the end of that tier.

I could see giving a 2nd and 3rd for those players though. Or if I was sure the 1st round pick would be late in the order based on current record of the team the pick is assigned to I would give that for Ingram and 2nd for example. I think the value of these players is slightly more than a 2nd round rookie pick straight up.

I gave up a late first and second for Ingram. No regrets. Win now team. PPR. 

He'll get his touches. Kamara is more exciting and younger, but Peyton likes to mix it up

The thing about trading away rookie picks for me is that it also just depends on my current roster and what my goals are.

I gave up a 1st round pick for Tiki Barber after the retirement rumors came to light for example, just because I thought he could help push my team for a title. Barber did end up retiring after that season and I only got 4 or 5 games of use out of him.

Normally I will try to keep 1st round picks and add them whenever possible though, even if my team is winning a lot. I tend to see picks as extra roster spots and I try to hold them until around the NFL combine before selling them to maximize the return I can get on them.

Biabreakable said:
Opinions of Jay obviously vary. If that would be stealing, what do you think Ajayi is worth? Or what would you give up to acquire him?
I wasn't trying to insulting. Sometimes stealing has a bad connotation. I just meant that id take any of those 3 guys in an instant for Jay.

For me...he's untouchable. I have no desire to have him on any of my teams.

I  think he's done. Like MB3 falling off a cliff...that's what i think...im hoping im wrong cause he seems like a good kid. But i think im right.

I wasn't trying to insulting. Sometimes stealing has a bad connotation. I just meant that id take any of those 3 guys in an instant for Jay.

For me...he's untouchable. I have no desire to have him on any of my teams.

I  think he's done. Like MB3 falling off a cliff...that's what i think...im hoping im wrong cause he seems like a good kid. But i think im right.
Thats definitely possible. The knee does seem to have affected him this year in a couple games and may be something that he struggles with the rest of his career.

Possible Jay is just a one year wonder. Only time will tell there.

Just because Cook got injured and isn't playing doesn't change my perspective on his value in 2018. If it did then you would have Cook and many players dropping all the time just based on how they are performing currently.
Agree 100% on Cook. But Cook played well until he got hurt, and his injury should not affect him long term. IMO that is different than a sample of 7 games in which a featured RB consistently disappoints, as Ajayi has done. YMMV.

Agree 100% on Cook. But Cook played well until he got hurt, and his injury should not affect him long term. IMO that is different than a sample of 7 games in which a featured RB consistently disappoints, as Ajayi has done. YMMV.
I agree its different.

Another example would be if one were to drop David Johnson way down their rankings just because he was injured and missed games this year. Although this is completely out of Johnsons control, missing this season has a bigger impact on his total overall value because he is an older RB who will turn 26 in December. This limits the quality years remaining for him compared to some of the younger RB, who will get a few more seasons to have great years than Johnson does.

Just saying that stuff like this happens all the time, and why I am reluctant to change my view about a player just because of current circumstances.

Using points per game can be a dangerous way to measure player quality as well. Things change that affect numbers like this all the time, and a lot of the time the RB didn't change, just the circumstances around the RB did, such as offensive line injuries/changes, QB injuries/changes, coaching changes. All of these things can change the productivity of a RB in the short term for better or worse.

Thats definitely possible. The knee does seem to have affected him this year in a couple games and may be something that he struggles with the rest of his career.

Possible Jay is just a one year wonder. Only time will tell there.
Hahahaha...Ajayi looked hella good on that TD run.

Im gonna stop pretending i know wtf im doing

Hahahaha...Ajayi looked hella good on that TD run.

Im gonna stop pretending i know wtf im doing
To be honest I don't think the ball crossed the plane but the refs are all Eagles in this game.

Also I thought Jays stride looked a bit choppy like maybe the knee was bothering him a bit.

I agree it probably didn't but not conclusive enough to overturn.  Call on the field was going to stand there whichever way it went.
Close enough I guess.

Would have been interesting to see what the Eagles would have done from the one yard line. Ajayi or Blount.

Ingram has a good ball security track record.  One game won't change much, especially considering that Kamara fumbled the following week.  I'd give up a late first without much thought.  

What do people value Andrew Luck at right now?  Is he still considered a top5 dynasty QB?  I'd imagine Watson, Wilson, Winston, Prescott, Mariota, Carr, Wentz are making a strong case (some of them) to push him out if they haven't already.  

What do people value Andrew Luck at right now?  Is he still considered a top5 dynasty QB?  I'd imagine Watson, Wilson, Winston, Prescott, Mariota, Carr, Wentz are making a strong case (some of them) to push him out if they haven't already.  
I don't know that we have enough information to make a good call right now.  The "career ending" whispers really scare me, but I don't know how valid they are.  Before those rumors, he'd have been in my top 5.  Today, he falls somewhere after Rodgers, Wilson, Dak, Wentz, and Watson for me.  I've soured on Carr and Winston, so perhaps I'd tade them for Luck, assuming I had another startable QB on the roster.  

I don't know that we have enough information to make a good call right now.  The "career ending" whispers really scare me, but I don't know how valid they are.  Before those rumors, he'd have been in my top 5.  Today, he falls somewhere after Rodgers, Wilson, Dak, Wentz, and Watson for me.  I've soured on Carr and Winston, so perhaps I'd tade them for Luck, assuming I had another startable QB on the roster.  
This seems about right. Luck is a high risk / reward going forward. A lot of how you view Luck comes down to your view of risk. The good news for Luck owners is that it is fairly easy to acquire a startable QB in most leagues. 

I remember at his high point seeing deals rejected that offered multiple first round picks. Heck, I had a strong team with a QB need and I thought about offering the house for him and now I'm glad I didn't. As far as rookie pick value I wouldn't trade more than a late round 1 rookie pick for him today and I would have to have a QB need to consider this. 

I remember at his high point seeing deals rejected that offered multiple first round picks. Heck, I had a strong team with a QB need and I thought about offering the house for him and now I'm glad I didn't. As far as rookie pick value I wouldn't trade more than a late round 1 rookie pick for him today and I would have to have a QB need to consider this. 
One of my better offseason moves, in hindsight, was moving Luck for a couple 1sts.  One of them is now a lock for top 3.  

One of my better offseason moves, in hindsight, was moving Luck for a couple 1sts.  One of them is now a lock for top 3.  
Speaking of Luck, what are the thoughts on his health next year. I can give  Brees for Luck ... Trubisky is my only qb, but I am playing for next year at this point.

Speaking of Luck, what are the thoughts on his health next year. I can give  Brees for Luck ... Trubisky is my only qb, but I am playing for next year at this point.
I honestly have no idea.  I don't know how anyone can feel confident one way or the other.  Despite that, I'd gladly trade Brees for him, especially if I'm playing for next season.  The upside is through the rough and the cost is very low.  

I'm trying to trade Luck away right now without much luck (get it?).  He's in a really weird spot right now where if I ask for a Stafford/Ryan/Cousins straight up, I feel like I swindled myself.  And when you ask for a Goff/Wentz/Carr/Mariota people think you're crazy.  I'd hate to hold him throughout the year and realize a championship was a QB away but if he's going for peanuts then I might have to.  

ETA:  all my leagues are 2QB so my thoughts reflect that

That seems like a no brainer to me.  You are taking advantage of Brees' name value here.  Brees is a low end QB1 at this point, QB12 over the last 14 games, outscored by Tyrod Taylor.  Meh, I'd roll the dice on Luck easily for that.

Thanks to this post, every Brees owner in dynasty leagues just sprained their fingers on their keyboards hammering out this very offer to Luck owners. #soyouresayingtheresachance

During the preseason I somehow managed to move him and Moncrief as a package for a 2018 1st & 2nd, Stafford and Juju.  I remember being happy with the deal at the time, but now I'm amazed at how well I did.  I got lucky for sure.  The main reason I did it was because my team needed some help.  If I felt I was a strong contender I might not have.  To answer your question I'd say no he is definitely not a top 5 QB.  But he certainly could make it back there to elite status.  If someone wanted to buy low now I certainly wouldn't criticize the move.  But I would temper expectations.  

What do we think about Mack Hollins value? Snaps up to 30/69 last week. Seems to be overtaking Smith.

I like him but need some roster space and considering moving him for a 2018 3. This would allow me to keep Bridgewater as well.

Dan Hindery's trade value chart came out on FBG. Awesome job putting the work in I know it's not easy and I probably couldn't do as good of a job as he has. I thought I'd bring up a couple questionable valuations I saw though.

1. Wentz #1 is crazy but I'll leave that one alone because he's playing great. I'll just stay on the not a fan wagon and when he comes crashing back down like Matt Ryan I'll speak up. How does Watson have nearly double the future value of Dak though? Watson future value 13 and Dak 8? They are at the very least the same and Dak has more value this year obviously. I think they should be switched because once teams figure out this spread offense Watson is coming back down to earth.

2. Goff at #14 with only 5 future value? He has been paired with one of the great young offensive minds in the NFL and he's been playing great this year and he's on pace for a 4060-28 total TD's and 8 INT season at 23 years old? Bree's has the same future value as Goff and Brady, Stafford, and Winston have more future value than Goff?

3.  Bell #1 RB with the same future value as Fournette? Bell is 3 years older.....basically Bell has maybe 2-3 peak years left after this year and Fournette has 5-6. Hindery is saying basically that Bell will be twice as valuable as Fournette the next 2-3 years. Sorry I don't see it.

4. Doug Baldwin at WR20 with a future value of 10 but Dez has a future value of 15? Baldwin outscored Dez on a per game basis in 2015 and 2016 and he's currently outscoring Dez on a per game basis this year by 2 points a game. So 3 years now. What does Baldwin have to do to get some respect. 2015-WR10, 2016- WR8, and currently 2017-WR4.....So how is Dez going to be 33% more valuable than Baldwin over the next 4-5 years again?

There's more but those are the valuations that jumped out at me the most. Again awesome job overall and I really like when these come out because I can exploit them when the other owners use them.

What do we think about Mack Hollins value? Snaps up to 30/69 last week. Seems to be overtaking Smith.

I like him but need some roster space and considering moving him for a 2018 3. This would allow me to keep Bridgewater as well.
Roster filler IMO

Which 23 YO WR would you prefer to bet on moving forward and why?  Corey Coleman or Mike Williams?
I haven't really looked into Williams' back issues, which I'd do before acting on this statement, but I lean Williams.  I think he was the better prospect coming in.  

Dan Hindery's trade value chart came out on FBG. Awesome job putting the work in I know it's not easy and I probably couldn't do as good of a job as he has. I thought I'd bring up a couple questionable valuations I saw though.

1. Wentz #1 is crazy but I'll leave that one alone because he's playing great. I'll just stay on the not a fan wagon and when he comes crashing back down like Matt Ryan I'll speak up. How does Watson have nearly double the future value of Dak though? Watson future value 13 and Dak 8? They are at the very least the same and Dak has more value this year obviously. I think they should be switched because once teams figure out this spread offense Watson is coming back down to earth.

2. Goff at #14 with only 5 future value? He has been paired with one of the great young offensive minds in the NFL and he's been playing great this year and he's on pace for a 4060-28 total TD's and 8 INT season at 23 years old? Bree's has the same future value as Goff and Brady, Stafford, and Winston have more future value than Goff?

3.  Bell #1 RB with the same future value as Fournette? Bell is 3 years older.....basically Bell has maybe 2-3 peak years left after this year and Fournette has 5-6. Hindery is saying basically that Bell will be twice as valuable as Fournette the next 2-3 years. Sorry I don't see it.

4. Doug Baldwin at WR20 with a future value of 10 but Dez has a future value of 15? Baldwin outscored Dez on a per game basis in 2015 and 2016 and he's currently outscoring Dez on a per game basis this year by 2 points a game. So 3 years now. What does Baldwin have to do to get some respect. 2015-WR10, 2016- WR8, and currently 2017-WR4.....So how is Dez going to be 33% more valuable than Baldwin over the next 4-5 years again?

There's more but those are the valuations that jumped out at me the most. Again awesome job overall and I really like when these come out because I can exploit them when the other owners use them.
I'll throw out another one.  Chris Thompson with a "now" value of 1.  Thompson is currently RB8 in PPG.  His "now" value is half of DeMarco Murray's and 1/3rd of Adrian Peterson's even though he is handily outscoring both of them (even if we only count Peterson's PPG since he went to Arizona).

But yea, I'll second the notion that it's an awesome article and well put together and a zillion times better than I could do.  I only bring up Thompson as a discussion about how low his perceived value is compared to his real value.

Name value seems to be a place where big gains can be made in dynasty.  From buying guys like Thompson that are uber cheap for the short-term to selling guys with big name value like Dez with that high future value despite 3 years of barely WR2 production from a guy that will turn 30 next year, or Drew Brees who has the same "now" value as several truly elite QBs even though Brees has barely been a QB1 over the last season's worth of games (#11 QB over the last 16 games, which holds very little value in start 1 QB leagues).

I've got him rostered in a couple PPR leagues, and would move him for a 3rd.  I do like him as an end of the bench flier, but give me the pick and the roster spot.  

What's not to like?  
I never see wow moments like i see from Goff, Dak, Trubisky.......i do see some lucky plays......but I'm not going to focus on Wentz because it's like trying to tell people Hunt is not as good as people think after his 3rd game of the season. It's pointless at this time. The tape isn't the best young QB in the league tape but I'm not going to be able to convince you right now. 

I never see wow moments like i see from Goff, Dak, Trubisky.......i do see some lucky plays......but I'm not going to focus on Wentz because it's like trying to tell people Hunt is not as good as people think after his 3rd game of the season. It's pointless at this time. The tape isn't the best young QB in the league tape but I'm not going to be able to convince you right now. 
When you think the time is right, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.  

Where would you rank Goff among QBs in dynasty?

I am in no position to speak for us.

If you can get a 3rd round pick for him that seems like useful return instead of dropping him.

I'd be looking to trade Rodgers for Goff + something big and i'd think i was getting the more valuable QB in the deal. I have him at #2 behind only Dak. 
I own Rodgers & tried to get Goff, but was shot down. He wants Juju & Rodgers for Kelce & Goff. I already have Gronk.

I own Rodgers & tried to get Goff, but was shot down. He wants Juju & Rodgers for Kelce & Goff. I already have Gronk.
I think that is still worth considering.

Float some offers out there of Gronk for a WR and see what you could get. I would imagine you could do better than JuJu for Gronk, then make both trades at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread