What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (11 Viewers)

It seems like I have quite a few RBs that have supposed upside, but no one seems interested in trading for them, even if they own the starter. Where would you value the following guys in terms of 2019 draft picks?

Breida

Clement

Rod Smith

My rookie drafts are long done, but I am much, much higher on Moore, Sutton and Miller than I was earlier. I'm probably fading Penny, Jones and Michel at this point. So for me, it probably goes Barkley, Chubb, Johnson, Sutton, Moore, Miller, Penny, Guice, Freeman, Jones, Michel. First stab at it in awhile, though. 

Sorry, this was in response to how far does Guice fall now?

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like I have quite a few RBs that have supposed upside, but no one seems interested in trading for them, even if they own the starter. Where would you value the following guys in terms of 2019 draft picks?

Breida

Clement

Rod Smith
Clement 2nd regardless of roster, even if I don't have Ajayi. 

Breida 3rd if I have McKinnon and rely on him

Smith 4th if I have Elliot and feel generous (close to no value)

I would give up Freeman or Johnson for him, but probably not Michel or Jones or Penny
Understandable and team makeup does matter. The teams I offered up Michel and Jones I am deep at RB, consider Michel my RB5 on one team with Tevin Coleman as RB6 and the other team has both Michel and Jones who I consider my RB5 and RB6 on that team.  I don't want to say I don't need them this year, not with way players are dropping like flies, but on teams like those I'll risk losing my RB5-6 for the year, and gain a valuable roster spot(these are FFPC 20 man rosters) for what I consider a long term upgrade.

If I was thin at RB, I might think otherwise. Would for sure not offer up those players until at least I got out of preseason unscathed.

Clement 2nd regardless of roster, even if I don't have Ajayi. 

Breida 3rd if I have McKinnon and rely on him

Smith 4th if I have Elliot and feel generous (close to no value)
I offered an early '19 2nd in a 16 league for either Breida or Clement to the guy owning both and got rejected - without reply. 

Guice was my #3 pre-injury, dips down to #6 with the lost year, with Royce, KJ, and Moore jumping him. I’d still take Guice over Penny, Sony, Jones, other WRs. 

Guice was my #3 pre-injury, dips down to #6 with the lost year, with Royce, KJ, and Moore jumping him. I’d still take Guice over Penny, Sony, Jones, other WRs. 
Gotta think this affects the 2019 season quite a bit.  He will be a rookie all over again, plus likely not in as good of physical condition as he just was before the injury.

I offered an early '19 2nd in a 16 league for either Breida or Clement to the guy owning both and got rejected - without reply. 
On the flip side, I was able to get Clement just for trading down from about 1.10 to about 2.4.

Thanks! On the other side, would you give up either Brenda or Clement for that? 
It's close. I don't think Clement is worth a 1st or Breida is worth a 2nd, so I wouldn't hold out for the higher degree of magnitude. I probably wouldn't take the pick straight up but would at least counter in situations where I could move them.

Was offered Guice for either Milller or Gallup plus Antonio Callaway. Im kicking it around. Would feel a lot more comfortable if i got to see Guice play a bit.

I’m sitting at the 10 and 11 spots in my 2 upcoming drafts and Guice just might be an option for me now. Pretty excited by that prospect instead of grabbing one of the WRs. 

Was just coming back from lunch listening to Sirius XM a show called fantasy insiders was on and the one guy called in saying he had a rookie draft today where would they take Guice one guy said 3rd round and another said 2nd round.

People hate to give up a year and take an injured player it be pretty hard to pry away Guice from a team that already took him at 2 or 3 in a rookie draft but if your drafting fresh it is really hard to pull the trigger on a guy who is already out for the year.

Was just coming back from lunch listening to Sirius XM a show called fantasy insiders was on and the one guy called in saying he had a rookie draft today where would they take Guice one guy said 3rd round and another said 2nd round.
3rd round  :lmao: :lmao:

People hate to give up a year and take an injured player it be pretty hard to pry away Guice from a team that already took him at 2 or 3 in a rookie draft but if your drafting fresh it is really hard to pull the trigger on a guy who is already out for the year.
Yeah, but he's still a backend 1st at worst.

I cant imagine feeling 24 guys out there who i think will help me this year enough to pass on Guice.  Seems a bit irrational.

I had him at #2 before the injury, though I think a good case could always be made for Chubb there. Barkley, Chubb, and Guice are the only RB prospects from this draft that I really had a high degree of confidence in. With Guice getting hurt, I'd be happy to let other people draft Penny/Michel/Jones/Freeman/Johnson and then take him after. I'm not doing any startups this year because I'm actually cutting my leagues instead of expanding, but this is the group of rookies that I'd be focused on in the early-ish rounds:

QB: Mayfield

RB: Barkley, Chubb, Guice

WR: Moore, Gallup

TE: Hurst

That's my high floor / high degree of confidence group. If you take Guice out of the early 1 mix in rookie drafts then he slides down into the conversation with people like Moore and Gallup. Think he probably has a little more star potential than those two, who look like WR2 types in FF if they hit.

No, it's really not.

Had a startup draft in June, got my team with the strategy of punting year 1.  I have 2 extra 1st's so I offered Aaron Jones and one of those 1sts for Guice.  Apparently I wasn't even close since he countered with asking for all 3 of my 1st's so there's still people out there that won't give him up.  I thought that was fair for me to put him on IR all year and him to get production plus a 1st (since he has none).  Guess not.  

Marquise Goodwin is undervalued right now. He was on a crazy pace the last 5 games with Garoppolo. First preseason game they make a point to target Goodwin with 3 of Garoppolo's 6 passes going to Goodwin. He's SF's #1 WR this year. Now depending on how good you think Garoppolo is or how good the SF offense is going to be this year will change how you ultimately value Goodwin. I think both are going to be good and Goodwin's floor is top 24 WR with his ceiling being top 12. At WR he's more in the 25-30 range than 40 for me.

He's also a great target in drafts since imo he has WR1 potential in fantasy this year but still being drafted in round 8 or later. Should be a great return at that cost.

Next season Guice will be younger than Chubb, Penny, and Freeman were this season.

While we're having fun with age, Goff this season will be the same age as Wentz was during his rookie season. Seems weird to me there is such a discrepancy in their value. Not due to years remaining, but from a development/upside standpoint. 

Marquise Goodwin is undervalued right now. He was on a crazy pace the last 5 games with Garoppolo. First preseason game they make a point to target Goodwin with 3 of Garoppolo's 6 passes going to Goodwin. He's SF's #1 WR this year. Now depending on how good you think Garoppolo is or how good the SF offense is going to be this year will change how you ultimately value Goodwin. I think both are going to be good and Goodwin's floor is top 24 WR with his ceiling being top 12. At WR he's more in the 25-30 range than 40 for me.

He's also a great target in drafts since imo he has WR1 potential in fantasy this year but still being drafted in round 8 or later. Should be a great return at that cost.
I’m not buying it. Not buying JG as being some elite option and feel both Goodwin and Garçon are decent players but neither will be a fantasy #1, if #2. I’ll happily let you take your guy. Also don’t think Goodwin has some big dynasty value, I’d sell for early 2nd equivalent like I saw him dealt for Anthony Miller in the trade thread (or Gallup, Sutton, etc.)

I’m not buying it. Not buying JG as being some elite option and feel both Goodwin and Garçon are decent players but neither will be a fantasy #1, if #2. I’ll happily let you take your guy. Also don’t think Goodwin has some big dynasty value, I’d sell for early 2nd equivalent like I saw him dealt for Anthony Miller in the trade thread (or Gallup, Sutton, etc.)
You'll feel differently a few games into the season imo but that's what makes this game so fun. 

I think Goodwin has a solid chance to be a high end WR2, low WR1 this year. That being said, I'd deal him for Miller or any of the players you mentioned. He's great for redraft, dynasty he's just ok.

Perhaps last season indicates that Goodwin is adding a more complete skill set to his already elite speed (the NYT has him as the fastest WR in the NFL for 2017). In the offseason last year he discussed improving his overall game in anticipation of being in Shanahan's offense, and it seems he made some significant strides.

PFF is pretty high on him. They have him as the 4th ranked WR in the league in 2017 on post routes, but only 14 of his 99 targets were posts (and he was very efficient on those chances -- 50% catch rate, 252 yards). According to PFF he was 9th in the NFL on 3rd and 4th down production. Pat Thorman tweeted in July that under Garoppolo Goodwin's average depth of target went from 17.2 yards to 14.3 yards, and his catchable target rate went from 53% to 76%; I don't watch SF play very much, and I don't have access to PFF's advanced stats, but that suggests that he was producing on more than just chunk plays and raw speed, and that he was getting quality targets.

I can't help but be intrigued by the possibility of an elite collegiate and international track and field athlete who may be developing into a good all-around WR.

I really liked Goodwin, but he has become more expensive over the last 2-3 months. Still good upside, but not near as cheap. You could get him as a throw in during the off season, before guys started updating their rankings for this year. There are also concussion concerns as he had 4 over a 14 month period (at some point).

In leagues that haven't had their rookie drafts yet I could see Guice drop into Round 2
Ludicrous unless you play in a league that has a lot of owners with an irrational fear of injuries. 

He’s still a top-5 or 6 pick for me. I’m still not impressed with any of the WRs enough to move them ahead of him. 

Ludicrous unless you play in a league that has a lot of owners with an irrational fear of injuries. 

He’s still a top-5 or 6 pick for me. I’m still not impressed with any of the WRs enough to move them ahead of him. 
Yeah I was over-thinking it a little. While I think people would have some hesitation pulling the trigger on a guy that will miss an entire season, he'll go at some point after 1.05/1.06.

I offered Kenyan Drake, Frank Gore and Jordan Reed for Guice (post injury) and CJ Prosisse (and I'm a semi-contender, won the third place game last season) and was shot down, so I value him more than a second rounder. 

Next season Guice will be younger than Chubb, Penny, and Freeman were this season.

While we're having fun with age, Goff this season will be the same age as Wentz was during his rookie season. Seems weird to me there is such a discrepancy in their value. Not due to years remaining, but from a development/upside standpoint. 
A few more:

• Ebron and Hurst are both 25
  • Dallas Goedart and Austin Hooper are both 24
  • Moncrief is a few months younger than second year wideouts Robby Anderson and Keelan Cole
  • Corey Coleman is only half a year older than Ridley
  • Robert Woods is only 1 year older than Kupp

A few more:

• Moncrief is a few months younger than second year wideouts Robby Anderson and Keelan Cole
I think you meant Dede Westbrook and not Anderson but just the same good stuff.

I'd also add on the Rams WR's that Kupp is a few months older than Cooks.

A few more:

Sony Michel is older than Zeke.

FF Ninja said:
A few more:

This will be Robby Anderson's third season.

FF Ninja said:
A few more:

This is good stuff.  And I know it's not football, but this one always gets me:

There is a larger amount of time between the reign of Cleopatra and the completion of the Great Pyramid than between Cleopatra and humans landing on the moon.

Davante Adams is only 14 months older than Anthony Miller.

Edit - nevermind I effed that one up.  More than 2 years older.

Last edited by a moderator:
Laquon Treadwell is almost a year YOUNGER than Anthony Miller. That blows my mind. It’s weird Ridley gets all the hate for being old yet Miller’s age is hardly mentioned.
Damn, I had no idea. But Ridley gets the hate because many considered him the WR1 before Moore's combine, so people were looking to poke holes. Miller was never considered in the first round until very recently, so he kind of slid by. I've never understood the infatuation with Miller so didn't even bother looking into his age. He's a short, slow slot guy stuck on a team with Robinson and Burton ahead of him on the target pecking order and an unknown at QB.

That 17th percentile breakout age! https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/anthony-miller/ 

Users who are viewing this thread