What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (16 Viewers)

Going back to Anthony Miller, call me crazy but I see a lot of OBJ. Similar frames, similar athletes, similar games. Miller's arms aren't quite as freakishly long, but his hands are actually bigger. OBJ is a step faster, but even using the slowest 40 time you can find (4.55) Miller has the better SPARQ. Both guys can win all over the field and are great in space. Both guys are major redzone threats, despite their size, due to their arms, hands, leaping ability, body control and contact balance. Both make crazy catches and drop some easy ones. 

I'm not saying Miller is the next OBJ, but it's easy for me to use OBJ's success as a template for Miller's game translating to the next level. I don't see the same template for Gallup, Washington or Kirk. 

I think Miller is about as close to Beckham as TreQuan Smith is to Julio Jones. Having a few similar metrics doesn't mean two guys really function the same on the field. Even in college Miller wasn't getting huge amounts of separation. His hands look very good, but I don't think he's in Beckham's class as a pure athlete. Not the same level of quickness, explosiveness, speed, and fluidity. Beckham was a top 15 pick after three years of college and Miller was a 2nd round pick after 5 years of college. That doesn't always tell the full story, but in this case I don't believe the talent is equivalent at all. One guy is a superstar and the other guy looks like a limited slot weapon.

I have 3rd pick in a newly formed dynasty league. Would anyone consider going barkley over way DJ or Bell?
I would consider taking him at #1. He's a better prospect than any of the other RBs in the NFL were coming out of college, and while there's a big layer of risk since he isn't proven, there's also some upside since he's younger than the other candidates. If he hits, you're getting a much longer career than the remaining shelf life of someone like Bell, who is probably over halfway done with his prime.

I think Barkley is going to be legit, but even if I didn't, players with his level of hype always hold a lot of their value into their second season if they flash anything at all in their rookie year. Really, all he needs to do to stay in the top 10 of startups is probably rush for like 800-900 yards at ~3.8-4.0 YPC, and that seems like a near certainty if he doesn't get injured. So while he might not be the immediate ppg choice, he's going to give you a lot of flexibility to make moves and build the team you want.

Guys like LeVeon and DJ are already approaching the stage where they're like a new car: they lose half their value as soon as you drive them off the lot. That might sound crazy, but really most people don't pay top value for 27-28 year old RBs in dynasty. If you go with one of those guys and your team stumbles out of the gate, you won't have the ability to recoup full value for very long.

I think Miller is about as close to Beckham as TreQuan Smith is to Julio Jones. Having a few similar metrics doesn't mean two guys really function the same on the field. Even in college Miller wasn't getting huge amounts of separation. His hands look very good, but I don't think he's in Beckham's class as a pure athlete. Not the same level of quickness, explosiveness, speed, and fluidity. Beckham was a top 15 pick after three years of college and Miller was a 2nd round pick after 5 years of college. That doesn't always tell the full story, but in this case I don't believe the talent is equivalent at all. One guy is a superstar and the other guy looks like a limited slot weapon.
I don’t see a limited slot guy at all. I don’t think he’s restricted to playing the slot at this level, even. He wins on the outside, he wins in space, he wins through contact... “limited” doesn’t really stick for me. 

Miller did a lot of OBJ things at Memphis. He’s not quite the freaky athlete that OBJ is, but he’s a very good athlete and they win in a lot of the same ways. 

I’m not claiming they are equal talents or prospects, in case that wasn’t clear. But it sounds like I’m a lot higher on his chances than you are, and I do see plenty of OBJ in his game. 

In a startup, I have saquan on par with those guys. I wouldnt fault anyone for going with the youth and ceiling in that spot. Are we assuming the top 2 are Gurley and OBJ?
Figure top 2 are Gurley and Elliott.

I'd easily take Barkley at 1.03

Maybe I've missed something, but he's the starting SLOT receiver... i.e. the WR3. He's still behind WR2 Taylor Gabriel on the depth chart who couldn't beat out Sanu for the WR2 gig in Atlanta.  
Yes.  A starter.  What I said.  And I would consider the slot to be the #2 over a deep threat at the other outside spot.  I like Gabriel but I'd bet Miller gets more targets.  I think many people consider the 2nd outside receiver to really be considered the WR3 these days.  Either way, it remains to be seen if the targets will be there.  I don't disagree that Allen Robinson is the main guy.  Today.  It is totally possible that Miller is everything I want him to be, but will only be very useful for the Bears and perhaps not for my fantasy teams.  But, being named the slot receiver despite the fact that he has barely even played in the preseason, IMO, is a very good sign that he is making his mark.  Yeah the competition is probably pretty weak. Bears WR corps aren't known for being worth much over the years.  Drum beat has been steady. I still want to see it in some preseason action, though. Against other starters.

Gawain said:
Interesting to look at Thielen. His thread is filled with glowing remarks, but hasn't been posted in since the end of last season. I shopped both him and Diggs and Diggs drew much more interest.Diggs has moved past him per FFC in both PPR and standard leagues. The expert draft that was done here (redraft) had Diggs selected significantly earlier. Thielen is 3 years older, but isn't old at 27. His growth is about what you would expect from a small school ST guy who shone once he had an opportunity. He pumped out 9 targets a game while Diggs was at 7. What am I missing to still value Thielen over Diggs?
Not sure if this will help you, but I just dealt for Theilen yesterday. Gave Alshon, Lamar Jackson and some junk for Theilen and Ian Thomas. 1QB, TE premium.

I would have paid more for Diggs if I could have, to be honest. I see your point in that other than eye test I can't really quantify WHY I prefer Diggs...Theilen is very very good as well and maybe more reliable. But Diggs just looks like he could be special, with his combination of athleticsm/ability to separate, YAC ability, and contested catch ability. He is just a health risk so far, but seems to have a higher ceiling. I'm still thrilled to own Theilen though, he may be underrated. 

barackdhouse said:
Yes.  A starter.  What I said.  And I would consider the slot to be the #2 over a deep threat at the other outside spot.  I like Gabriel but I'd bet Miller gets more targets.  I think many people consider the 2nd outside receiver to really be considered the WR3 these days.  Either way, it remains to be seen if the targets will be there.  I don't disagree that Allen Robinson is the main guy.  Today.  It is totally possible that Miller is everything I want him to be, but will only be very useful for the Bears and perhaps not for my fantasy teams.  But, being named the slot receiver despite the fact that he has barely even played in the preseason, IMO, is a very good sign that he is making his mark.  Yeah the competition is probably pretty weak. Bears WR corps aren't known for being worth much over the years.  Drum beat has been steady. I still want to see it in some preseason action, though. Against other starters.
It's a stretch of the word and you know it. He's 3rd on the depth chart. When most people say starter, they are referring to top 2 on the depth chart. With Shaheen and Burton both there, it's possible the "starting" slot receiver doesn't start the game and is absent many formations. 

When he overtakes Gabriel on the depth chart AND Trubisky looks like a legit NFL starter it'll be time to get the hype train rolling... until then the hype train can only be fueled by a hope and a prayer. 

It's a stretch of the word and you know it. He's 3rd on the depth chart. When most people say starter, they are referring to top 2 on the depth chart. With Shaheen and Burton both there, it's possible the "starting" slot receiver doesn't start the game and is absent many formations. 

When he overtakes Gabriel on the depth chart AND Trubisky looks like a legit NFL starter it'll be time to get the hype train rolling... until then the hype train can only be fueled by a hope and a prayer. 

It depends how prevalent you expect the slot WR to be in the offense. Have you not considered Landry a starter his entire career because there are technically two outside starters above him on the depth chart? Edelman? Late-career Fitz? Miller always projected really well into the slot and was a 2nd round pick. He plays a diffetent role than Gabriel, he doesn't need to technically be an outside starter and top 2 on the depth chart to be a fantasy factor. Treadwell starts on the outside while Theilen (or Diggs) mans the slot, does that really mean Treadwell is above them on the depth chart? No. Slot WR can be like nickle CB in the NFL nowadays--it is its own position with its own standalone value, depending on the scheme. 

Last edited by a moderator:
ghostguy123 said:
I would trade the pick before using the #3 overall dynasty pick on a rookie
Why?  As EBF posted he's gonna retain tons of value even if he underperforms expectations.  Even T-Rich was going top 10 in dynasty drafts going into his 2nd season after a lack luster rookie season.

There is more risk with Bell and DJ as far as long term value.  If either of them gets injured/has a down season they will lose tons of value due to age.

Barkley will still be a 22 yr old with tons of potential going into year 2 unless he completely flops.

Going back to Anthony Miller, call me crazy but I see a lot of OBJ. Similar frames, similar athletes, similar games. Miller's arms aren't quite as freakishly long, but his hands are actually bigger. OBJ is a step faster, but even using the slowest 40 time you can find (4.55) Miller has the better SPARQ. Both guys can win all over the field and are great in space. Both guys are major redzone threats, despite their size, due to their arms, hands, leaping ability, body control and contact balance. Both make crazy catches and drop some easy ones. 

I'm not saying Miller is the next OBJ, but it's easy for me to use OBJ's success as a template for Miller's game translating to the next level. I don't see the same template for Gallup, Washington or Kirk. 
He’s clearly not ODB but apparently his production is restricted by ACL tear/new team ARob. ?‍♂️

in general i agree, but there are exceptions.  Barkley's value is super low risk unless he completely bombs.
I also think it's pretty low risk to accept the kind of package top 3 overall dynasty players receive in trade, not to mention more upside.  

I have always traded a top pick if I have ever had one, and would especially do so rather than draft a rookie.

If I had the #1 this year in any of my rookie drafts I guarantee I would have traded it for some of the crazy deals I have seen Barkley fetch.

You should always trade a top 1~5ish pick in a dynasty startup. Those top picks demand a fortune in trade value that as long as you don’t blow the picks, you should have a huge advantage over the rest of the league. That’s one of the reason’s I never do snake draft startups anymore, only will consider auction.

Maybe I've missed something, but he's the starting SLOT receiver... i.e. the WR3. He's still behind WR2 Taylor Gabriel on the depth chart who couldn't beat out Sanu for the WR2 gig in Atlanta. So let's keep things in perspective. I honestly don't even know who he was competing against for the slot role. Kevin White is not a slot receiver. Maybe he was competing with Bellamy? Not exactly stiff competition.

Also, I forget who I pulled this data from, but I've got it in my notes that Miller had an average drop rate in college. So unless he's changed something this offseason, his hands aren't really that special. They're not bad, but not special. 

Finally, don't get caught up in fluff pieces about work ethic. You know who else has often been praised for their good attitude and work ethic? Kevin White and DHB. 
Wait, so Miller is the slot receiver and Gabriel is WR2?  Which presumably means that 5'8", 165 lb Taylor Gabriel can play outside, but 5'11", 190 lb Anthony Miller is limited to playing the slot?

It depends how prevalent you expect the slot WR to be in the offense. Have you not considered Landry a starter his entire career because there are technically two outside starters above him on the depth chart? Edelman? Late-career Fitz? Miller always projected really well into the slot and was a 2nd round pick. He plays a diffetent role than Gabriel, he doesn't need to technically be an outside starter and top 2 on the depth chart to be a fantasy factor. Treadwell starts on the outside while Theilen (or Diggs) mans the slot, does that really mean Treadwell is above them on the depth chart? No. Slot WR can be like nickle CB in the NFL nowadays--it is its own position with its own standalone value, depending on the scheme. 
While those guys(Landry, Edelman, Fitz) may be slot receivers, I guarantee you they were listed top 2 on the depth chart, probably #1. Big difference between that and being the WR3 who only plays in 3WR sets. 

Wait, so Miller is the slot receiver and Gabriel is WR2?  Which presumably means that 5'8", 165 lb Taylor Gabriel can play outside, but 5'11", 190 lb Anthony Miller is limited to playing the slot?
:shrug:  That's what the team is saying. I'm not the one who makes their depth chart or personnel decisions. I'm just the one making my FF decisions based off of situation/opportunity rather than hope/optimism. 

While those guys(Landry, Edelman, Fitz) may be slot receivers, I guarantee you they were listed top 2 on the depth chart, probably #1. Big difference between that and being the WR3 who only plays in 3WR sets. 
Quick review of current NFL depth charts shows that none of the rookie WRs are considered “starters” at this point. 

Quick review of current NFL rosters shows that none of the rookie WRs are considered “starters” at this point. 
Based on what?  What about "rosters" would tell you this?

This whole designation of starters, slot, outside is a stupid conversation.  All that matters in targets and, to a smaller extent, where those targets occur.  I don't care if the guy lines up 6 yards off the LOS a foot from the out of bounds line (which incidentally isn't legal), if he's catching 7/90/1 regularly I want him on my team.

Gawain said:
Interesting to look at Thielen. His thread is filled with glowing remarks, but hasn't been posted in since the end of last season. I shopped both him and Diggs and Diggs drew much more interest.Diggs has moved past him per FFC in both PPR and standard leagues. The expert draft that was done here (redraft) had Diggs selected significantly earlier. Thielen is 3 years older, but isn't old at 27. His growth is about what you would expect from a small school ST guy who shone once he had an opportunity. He pumped out 9 targets a game while Diggs was at 7. What am I missing to still value Thielen over Diggs?
you're not missing anything. Diggs is terribly over valued. I suggested that thielen was the wr to own in that offense after 2016 when looking at the targets once Diggs returned. no one bought it. 2017 we saw a confirmation of that. peoppe still like diggs for some reason even though he is the 2nd target on his team. maybe it's the flashy plays. or maybe people dont mind counting on him missing 1/4 of the season due to a groin strain. I dont know but I'd buy thielen anywhere I could

Based on what?  What about "rosters" would tell you this?

This whole designation of starters, slot, outside is a stupid conversation.  All that matters in targets and, to a smaller extent, where those targets occur.  I don't care if the guy lines up 6 yards off the LOS a foot from the out of bounds line (which incidentally isn't legal), if he's catching 7/90/1 regularly I want him on my team.
I don't disagree.  That was kind of my point. 

Gawain said:
Reminds me of dt vs Decker when they broke out together. A lot of people took Decker in ppr. I think Diggs is a lot more talented personally do I'd take him. I'm trying to trade Thielen as I have my doubts that he'll approach last years numbers again.

You should always trade a top 1~5ish pick in a dynasty startup. Those top picks demand a fortune in trade value that as long as you don’t blow the picks, you should have a huge advantage over the rest of the league. That’s one of the reason’s I never do snake draft startups anymore, only will consider auction.
I disagree personally.  I find that in startup trades once you actually plug the players into the deal the team trading up usually comes out ahead.

And this was my point. Miller fans want to get excited about the title of "starter" while it's only a half truth. If you are only on the field for 3WR sets, how many targets are you going to get? It'll take a small miracle for him to approach 100 targets. 

However I disagree about outside vs. slot being important, because like you said, where those targets occur matter. Slot receivers tend to have lower YPR and lower TD rates. 

I'm already heavily invested in this years rookie crop with 3 top 15 picks.  Have a chance to acquire a few more picks.  To me there is less difference between pick 2 and 15 than I've ever seen.  Whats the consensus, is it because this class is so crappy or just deep talent.

Are guys like Sony Michel, Nick Chubb, DJ Moore, etc in the conversation for picks 3-6 if this was next year?

I'm already heavily invested in this years rookie crop with 3 top 15 picks.  Have a chance to acquire a few more picks.  To me there is less difference between pick 2 and 15 than I've ever seen.  Whats the consensus, is it because this class is so crappy or just deep talent.

Are guys like Sony Michel, Nick Chubb, DJ Moore, etc in the conversation for picks 3-6 if this was next year?
There's more analysis than ever. The top guys are ripped apart so people can say I told you so and the underrated guys are pumped up so people can say I told you so.

I thought there was a huge gap from 1.02 to 1.15 but to each there own. There's no doubt the gap has shrunk in the average group think. But without any real games and being so early it'd be better to block a lot of it out imo.

Moore is probably WR5 in next year's class for me. Chubb I like over any RBs next season, and Michel who was my 1.10 this year would probably be around the same. 

I disagree personally.  I find that in startup trades once you actually plug the players into the deal the team trading up usually comes out ahead.
Hence the caveat of "as long as you don’t blow the picks."

I've seen many times over the years where a guy with a top pick absolutely rapes the guy trading up in terms of value. Equate it to pick ranges and he acquires an extra starter level player or three compared to all the other teams... but to your point then quite a few of those times the guy pisses away that value on questionable picks, but I've also seen plenty of guys go all in for studs and the stud busts too or their left with one or two good players and nothing else on their teams. Once you put actual names to the picks involved in the trades, the permutations of outcomes is enormous.

Having been involved with devy leagues for 10+ years now, a lot of the guys who are hyped up in college end up being mediocre prospects by the time they get through the NFL's pre-draft process. People like Equanimeous St. Brown and Malachi Dupre were massively overhyped in college and then barely managed to even get drafted. You see stuff like that to varying degrees every year.

On the other hand, there are always late risers who help balance out the overrated guys. For example, people like Moore, Penny, Hurst, and Michel weren't really thought to be obvious first round talents a year ago, but they ended up going high and bringing more quality to the 2018 draft.

I just finished a dev draft featuring only players eligible for the 2019 draft and I wasn't blown away by the quality. There's a lot of hype around the WR group (AJ Brown/N'Keal Harry/Bryan Edwards/Kelvin Harmon/DK Metcalf/etc), but I wasn't that impressed overall. I'm sure a couple of those guys will end up as high picks, but Moore was a first rounder and already looks like he belongs. I'd take him over any of those guys today without the benefit of a crystal ball.

If I had to compare the two classes, I'm guessing that 2018 is going to be a much stronger RB year. Next year's RB class looks kind of mediocre. There are some decent talents, but nobody who looks like a lock first rounder. Meanwhile the 2018 group has a big cluster of guys with 1000+ yard potential. The 2018 WR group looks pretty poor to me. I'm guessing there will be more first round WRs in 2019, but I don't presently see anyone who looks like a top 10 lock. Maybe AJ Brown, but a lot of people don't even have him as the top WR in that group.

Overall, I'd probably be willing to trade a 2019 pick for an equivalent 2018 pick because I don't see a huge gap in quality, particularly if you have RB needs. I also think the 2019 class lacks star power at the very top, as there's no Barkley/Zeke/Gurley/Blackmon/Julio type of prospect who looks like a top 10 lock to me. Normally there are 1-2 guys in college that I'd be willing to invest a top 10-20 startup pick on, but I don't see that guy in next year's draft yet.

:shrug:  That's what the team is saying. I'm not the one who makes their depth chart or personnel decisions. I'm just the one making my FF decisions based off of situation/opportunity rather than hope/optimism. 
Gabriel has said that he's "lining up all over the place."  That seems different than implying that a) he's an outside WR, b) Miller isn't, c) therefore Miller never will be on the outside.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Taylor-Gabriel-says-hes-everywhere-in-Bears-offense-120021051/Amp/

Beyond that, I'm not sure what your point is other than to fit in a snarky comment about hope & optimism.

I do agree that if Miller plays 100% in the slot his upside is capped.  I'm also concerned about the likelihood Trubisky is good enough to allow Miller (or any other WRs) to be successful in a fantasy capacity.

Lastly, I'm not a Miller owner and have no personal stake in this topic.

Not doing any startups this year, as I've actually cut back on my leagues, but here's a quick list of some values I like based on consensus rankings.

Running Backs

RB12 Joe Mixon - RB is deep right now, so there's no need to reach on Mixon in the top 5, but I'm a strong buyer/holder at this ranking. I think he has a top 5 ceiling. There simply aren't a lot of big backs who have his speed, quickness, and hands. Multiple Pro Bowl potential.

RB28 Kenyan Drake - Atypical frame, but he's a great athlete. Shifty and fast. He catches the ball well and offers unique versatility. From a redraft standpoint, I'd put him in Derrick Henry/Joe Mixon territory, and he probably shouldn't be ranked so far below Henry in dynasty. I'm not sure which of the two is more talented.

OTHERS: I'm a known fan of Chase Edmonds (RB71) and Devante Mays (NR), but those guys are both strictly late round flyers. Mays is currently injured and not practicing, which could force Green Bay to cut him. I still believe there's a chance that he's the most talented RB on their roster. Somebody has to carry the ball in Indy, and with Marlon Mack (RB36) looking a little overrated, I'd probably put my bets on Jordan Wilkins (RB51) and Christine Michael (RB124). Wilkins is over-aged with average speed, but has great quickness and consistently made plays against top competition in college. We all know Michael's story and his inability to stick anywhere destroys any confidence in him, but even after all these years his quickness/burst jump off the screen compared to his competition. I liked Samaje Perine (RB55) as a Shonn Greene/Rudi Johnson type in the draft last year, and with Guice out, he may get a chance at redemption. Minimal upside, but he's probably not as terrible as people think. Penny (RB17), Chubb (RB20), and Kerryon Johnson (RB27) all make sense at those price points. Chubb flashed the least of that trio in preseason week one, but it's early days still.

Wide Receivers

WR15 JuJu Smith-Schuster - It's kind of a Mixon situation with JuJu. He's not cheap and you can understand why people are ahead of him, but he's probably not quite as expensive as he should be. Tremendous rookie production despite limited target load. Young player with WR1 tools. QB situation is muddy long-term, but he should only get better. I'd take him over Diggs, A Robinson, Cooper, and Adams. I think it's possible that he's a better player than Allen or M Thomas, though those guys have multiple seasons of very good numbers. When you look at the 9 year age gap between JuJu and people like Green and A Brown, it becomes a little questionable whether he should be ranked behind them. It depends on whether or not you think his talent is comparable, because he's a lot younger and a lot more valuable if it is.

WR26 DJ Moore - Not dirt cheap, but not really expensive either. You look at the names around him on the ADP sheet and they're either fading stars, inconsistent enigmas, or mediocrities for the most part. Moore as your WR3 in dynasty is appealing, as he can quickly jump up into the WR2 value range with a solid rookie season. I like what I've seen so far in training camp and preseason clips. He needs to be a little better about winning the contested passes, but his athleticism is going to cause problems because he has a rare combination of speed, power, and quickness to uncover.

OTHERS: John Ross (WR61) looked like a bit of a one trick pony coming out of Washington and had a forgettable rookie year, but let's not write him off just yet. He has elite speed and was a dominant playmaker in college. If he has even a 50% chance of being the next DeSean Jackson then he's a steal at this price. I'm not totally sold that Michael Gallup (WR46) is going to stick, but he has some similar qualities with other early-impact WRs like Michael Clayton and Hakeem Nicks. At this type of price you're not breaking the bank to get a guy who could be a FF WR2-WR3.

Tight Ends

TE17 Eric Ebron - Quietly put together a decent 2017 after a slow start. He's still young and a new team with an upgraded QB might be what's needed to unlock his full potential. Low risk with a high floor and a high ceiling. Even if he doesn't improve, you have a decent backup FF TE. His ceiling is finishing top 6-7 this year.

TE20 Hayden Hurst - Massively underrated. Advanced age for a rookie, but all the tools are there to be a steady top 8-10 guy for years. Will quickly overtake people like Olsen, Walker, and Rudolph in dynasty value as he proves his quality and they keep getting older.

TE22 Tyler Eifert - He's a great talent. One of the best in the game. It's really just a question of whether his body will hold up. So far it hasn't.

OTHERS - I wouldn't break the bank for Jonnu Smith (TE25) or Gerald Everett (TE24), but they were high picks with intriguing athletic tools who showed glimmers of potential as rookies.

I just got an offer of Kerryon Johnson, James Washington and Ian Thomas for the guaranteed first pick overall next year and Gerinimo Allison in Superfex league. But I don’t need QB with Josh Rosen and Allen on roster. So is AJ Brown who is top guy that good. This would be 7,  20 and 32 type of picks and don’t see Brown as helping more. 

THIS IS NOT ME ASKING IF I SHOULD MAKE THIS TRADE. 

Received, and immediately rejected, the following trade offer:

I would receive Ronald Jones, RB, TB for Joe Mixon and a 2019 2nd round rookie pick (which looks to be at the top of the round). 

I said, even if the pick was on the other side, I did not like this for me at all. 

Again, I rejected this but, for dynasty discussion purposes, am I the one off base here or is he?

I would receive Ronald Jones, RB, TB for Joe Mixon and a 2019 2nd round rookie pick (which looks to be at the top of the round). 

I said, even if the pick was on the other side, I did not like this for me at all. 

Again, I rejected this but, for dynasty discussion purposes, am I the one off base here or is he?
Mixon is worth a lot more than Jones, IMO.

Concept Coop said:
Mixon is worth a lot more than Jones, IMO.
People make some stupid trades sometimes because they are draft happy.

In my leagues I seen Mixon traded for 1.06 and McCaffrey for 1.08.  Rookie fever was alive in May.

Alex P Keaton said:
Gabriel has said that he's "lining up all over the place."  That seems different than implying that a) he's an outside WR, b) Miller isn't, c) therefore Miller never will be on the outside.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Taylor-Gabriel-says-hes-everywhere-in-Bears-offense-120021051/Amp/

Beyond that, I'm not sure what your point is other than to fit in a snarky comment about hope & optimism.

I do agree that if Miller plays 100% in the slot his upside is capped.  I'm also concerned about the likelihood Trubisky is good enough to allow Miller (or any other WRs) to be successful in a fantasy capacity.

Lastly, I'm not a Miller owner and have no personal stake in this topic.
We've seen the lining up all over the place quote for just about every starting WR in the league now. It's the WR version of "both RBs on the field at the same time" offseason blurb. It means nothing.

My point was that there's nothing of substance fueling the Miller hype. Being the 3rd WR on Chicago is not very exciting unless we can know with some certainty that Trubisky is going to take the next step and throw 4500/30. 5'11" 4.5 slot guys on likely mediocre offenses don't usually generate this much hype. 24 year old rookies are generally frowned upon. The hype train is just boggling. I'm not saying he can't succeed. I just don't get why he's such a hot rookie commodity this year.

Spike said:

I don’t really like either player but I’d prefer the Mixon side and the pick is on the wrong side as far as market value goes.

Andy Dufresne said:
Taywan Taylor worth buying/selling for a 2nd at this point?

Concept Coop said:
I’d buy for a 3rd and sell for a 2nd.
Future picks?  I'd pay a late 1st in PPR quite easily.  I'm of the mind he could have a better fantasy career than Davis had he gone to a team that didn't just invest a top 5 pick on ... Davis.  I would buy for a 2nd in a flash.

Users who are viewing this thread