What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tool - Lateralus and other albums (1 Viewer)

Lady nugs has a sister who lives just outside of Denver who we’ve promised to come see for a few years now.  My brother in law has Broncos season tickets and offered  junior nugs and I tickets to the titans game.  I had to act fast before my ladyfriend changed her mind.  We will have to have to plan the AC reunion for next summer, gb.
I cant compete with a sister, tool, Broncos, weed and beautiful scenery!

[dork]

wife left the house to run errands about 30 min ago. 

Have been cranking “Fear Inoculum” in the living room (we don’t really dig the same music, so that’s a rarity) and watching RedZone with a pint of Pliny The Elder. I’m very happy. If my Magic Footballers do well, I’ll be happier. 

Be well fellow FBGs!

[/dork] 

I'm on about listen 15 now.  I just can't get into Culling Voices or Descending, but that's ok because the other five songs add up to about an hour.

I'll also admit that I wasn't big on 10,000 days, but since everything is streaming now I've listened to it more and songs are growing on me.  I never liked Rosetta Stoned or Right in Two before. 

What's odd is I listen to heavier stuff now, but Tool has always been a favorite of mine.  I saw Thy Art is Murder recently and before that August Burns Red/Parkway Drive.

I'm 41...almost an OGT, back in 93' from the debut video of sober on headbangers ball with Riki Rachtman haha

I'm on about listen 15 now.  I just can't get into Culling Voices or Descending, but that's ok because the other five songs add up to about an hour.

I'll also admit that I wasn't big on 10,000 days, but since everything is streaming now I've listened to it more and songs are growing on me.  I never liked Rosetta Stoned or Right in Two before. 

What's odd is I listen to heavier stuff now, but Tool has always been a favorite of mine.  I saw Thy Art is Murder recently and before that August Burns Red/Parkway Drive.

I'm 41...almost an OGT, back in 93' from the debut video of sober on headbangers ball with Riki Rachtman haha
Right In Two might be my favorite song on that album 

Haven't seen anyone bump Culling Voices, but I'm digging this one. Doesn't really get going until 6-7 minutes in, but Maynard's vocals are pretty awesome all the way through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like my wife was trying to get me tickets for LCA for my birthday but sold out immediately 

may see how the secondary market looks but not thrilled with the prospect of shelling out $150-$250 a ticket

will wait until closer to the event and decide but might have to sit it out and hope they come back for a summer tour

Haven't seen anyone bump Culling Voices, but I'm digging this one. Doesn't really get going until 6-7 minutes in, but Maynard's vocals are pretty awesome all the way through.
Like Fear and Descending, I think it's better within the flow of the album than stand alone. Of those 3 it's a clear step up above them though. I've turned it on with 30 minutes left in a run then listening to it through 7empest a few times and think that will sustain for quite some time.

$125 per ticket for me to sit in the 300s for Tool at the ACC in toronto.

$280 for floors. I love tool loooong time. I aint paying 280 to see them for the 10th+ time. Maybe if it was my first.

Maynard suddenly decided not only is he going to start dressing like an absolute #####, he's gonna treat fans like that too

$280 for floors. I love tool loooong time. I aint paying 280 to see them for the 10th+ time. Maybe if it was my first.

Maynard suddenly decided not only is he going to start dressing like an absolute #####, he's gonna treat fans like that too
Was that Ticketmaster prices?  I got 4 tickets for lower bowl seats in Milwaukee for $460 total.  I see they are 2x-3x that on Stubhub.  I thought those were very reasonable.

Was that Ticketmaster prices?  I got 4 tickets for lower bowl seats in Milwaukee for $460 total.  I see they are 2x-3x that on Stubhub.  I thought those were very reasonable.
direct from ticketmaster within 30sec of going on sale.

thr 2 toronto shows sold out in about 2min total (like any good show does)

Pretty awesome that Tool knocked Taylor Swift off of the number 1 spot on Billboard.  Pretty cool that Maynard trolled Swift on Twitter today too.   The way Billboard tallies album sales makes it all even more impressive.  They calculate 10 singles sold as equating 1 album sale.  Being that Tool's new album only has 7 (albeit really long songs) songs--that calculation hurts them big time in regards to album equivalent single sales.  

Soulfly3 said:

Are all Toronto shows marked up like that? I tried for tickets in the 100s ($90) but was about 10 seconds too late and settled for tickets in the 200s ($75).

Dan Lambskin said:
Looks like my wife was trying to get me tickets for LCA for my birthday but sold out immediately 

may see how the secondary market looks but not thrilled with the prospect of shelling out $150-$250 a ticket

will wait until closer to the event and decide but might have to sit it out and hope they come back for a summer tour
buddy of mine got 4 lower bowl at LCA at @$175 per.  the only way you're getting in for your price range is the nosebleeds

Well Monday I said I couldn't get into Descending....that has changed lol

I usually never watch reaction videos, but minds are being blown by Tool.  I was watching one on Third eye and he said this song is better than most bands albums Haha 

Holy #### get out and see these guys if you can.  Saw them in Milwaukee and was blown away by how good they were.  Pneuma live was out of this world.

So great to hear these reviewa.

Cant wait

I got carried away and bought tix for 3 shows.

The middle show is philly and I only got 1 ticket so I listed it to be a responsible adult as 2 shows in 7 days is more than enough....I think I'm canceling my listing to the philly show.

Second row in front of Adam last night Chicago. Literally blown away. Probably one of the sonically loudest shows I've ever been too. The low end produced by Danny and Justin vibrated my hair, clothes and rib cage. They are playing great. Fun show.

Second row in front of Adam last night Chicago. Literally blown away. Probably one of the sonically loudest shows I've ever been too. The low end produced by Danny and Justin vibrated my hair, clothes and rib cage. They are playing great. Fun show.
Wow great seats.  I thought so much of the show I debated about making the drive to Chicago and going again last night.  Can't wait to see them again.

Cincinnati has some floor seats (standing, probably) for $125 and upper level for $55.

Sadly, UK vs. MSU basketball prevents me from attending.

Cincinnati has some floor seats (standing, probably) for $125 and upper level for $55.

Sadly, UK vs. MSU basketball prevents me from attending.
Floor seats are assigned and right in front of the mix. Gotta be some of the best seats in the house for the visuals and audio. I would be all over them if I didn't already have club seats.

Got some last minute tickets upper level but right across from the stage.  Everything else in my price range was basically side view

thought about holding out longer but needed time to secure a sitter

comfortably numb said:
How last minute?

How much did you pay?
Think I bought the tickets around 5:00, doors were at 7:30 (or that’s when killing joke was on, we went to the bar before and showed up right when they wrapped their set)

~$285 for 2 tickets and that included Ticketmaster’s rape fee.  They were listed at $120, pretty much everything else was $150+ then another $25/ticket in fees and most of those were Side View upper bowl and with the visuals such a big part of Tool I didn’t want seats at that angle

anything else remotely decent was listed at $200+ and I just couldn’t justify that

Also I had been looking throughout the day so these had popped up last minute 

Think I bought the tickets around 5:00, doors were at 7:30 (or that’s when killing joke was on, we went to the bar before and showed up right when they wrapped their set)

~$285 for 2 tickets and that included Ticketmaster’s rape fee.  They were listed at $120, pretty much everything else was $150+ then another $25/ticket in fees and most of those were Side View upper bowl and with the visuals such a big part of Tool I didn’t want seats at that angle

anything else remotely decent was listed at $200+ and I just couldn’t justify that

Also I had been looking throughout the day so these had popped up last minute 
Not bad.

Definitely good deals can be had. Wasnt sure what tool tix would like last min.

I was tempted to check what they were going for closer to start time but didn’t want to piss myself off 
Lol...so I did this 2 years ago for Roger Waters in Philly. I took an older friend who had wanted to see the show. I explained well get tickets on the day as I tried telling him about StubHub and stuff. He kept asking if I got tickets.  I said no. Like 430 were having dinner before the show at a bar and I'm checking I see floor seats for 95each.

I'm like it gets better....I'll wait.

We drive over from NJ, I'm expecting to see a bunch of scalpers...we'll they're not there. I keep checking the app. Prices are higher as less tix available. We're drinking with a friend he found 10 min before tix go off sale there is only like 34 tix left.

I ended up buying side which was great to see the stage and his effects but paid like 230 each ticket.

I never told him how hard I was sweating the whole time.

Kinda learned something about myself that day. Dont sit around awaiting for the GREATEST deal in the history of mankind. Sometimes getting a good or fair deal is great too.

Saw em in Newark last night.

Amazing

Took my 10 year old son with me. He had a bday sleepover at a friends Friday night. He didnt sleep at all. Apparently the kids were writing on other kids face if they fell asleep. So he wanted to "beat" them by not falling asleep. He got home at noon and instantly passed out til 430. Wife was saying to leave him home. He was adamant, he wanted to go. We leave early to go get some portugese at a BBQ joint in Newark in my old hood. I'm eating and he is nodding off with a chicken leg in his hand. I called my wife and asked if she could pick him up. After 3 min of I told you so, we agree to meet half way. Then my son says he wants to stay. I call her and say he wants to go. Were gonna give it a shot.

We wrap up dinner, I go to Walgreens and pick up headphones and ear plugs for him and we make our way in. He seems better. Walk around grab a bag of popcorn and get our seat.

I had 1st row seats on the 2nd level so it was great. He didnt have to stand at all.

Show starts and dam. They look great. The visuals are amazing. The setlist was awesome. Just 1 after another. I appreciated the instruments so much more than I ever had.

My son:

Dad, this is so cool!

Dad, what's that smell? 

Section 105 smelled like a dispensary...lol

My son isnt a fan. I just forced this on him pretty much but he would listen as I had music playing around the house. Was cool to hear him say dad, this is the "i know the pieces fit?" Or dad, "Learn to swim?"

He chilled with his popcorn and then about at the start of Descending I noticed he nodded off. 

I dont like spoilers so I had not seen any setlists. After descending we got 46 and 2 and then the 15:00 countdown came on? I quickly googled and saw the encore would be next. My son woke up with 6m to go, I ask if he wants to go, he nods yes...I'm 41, not 21 so I figured a responsible parent probably would have left him home in the 1st place considering the circumstances. So this is my make up chance. We head out. Beat all the masses leaving, walk over to my car and we leave. No traffic. So that part was good. He passes out before I get on the turnpike. He is in bed by 11:15 not 12:15. 

Googled some more and looks like the encore has been exactly the same. I'm seeing them in AC on Friday so I will catch it then.

I had a single PHI ticket for Monday i had bought at release but someone bought it on StubHub yesterday after I had listed it last month.

Such a good show. Cant wait for AC...and am considering rebuying a PHI ticket to run over to after work on Monday being I work pretty close.

Prices are very reasonable to great on show day, get out there if you can!

Having some tool withdrawls...lol

Between new album, tour talk, buying tix, anticipation of seeing em, now they're gone. This was like rekindling with an old ex girlfriend for the summer. 

I guess I like the new album a lot more than I thought. Normally when I see a concert I'm dreading the new songs the band will play. In this case half the minutes at the concert was new material and it was amazing. I not only liked it but was looking forward to it.

Here's to being greedy and hope they come to the east coast on a 2nd leg.

Walked by the bathroom as my son is supposed to be brushing his teeth before bead and I hear "I know the pieces fit cuz i watched them fall away"

Having some tool withdrawls...lol

Between new album, tour talk, buying tix, anticipation of seeing em, now they're gone. This was like rekindling with an old ex girlfriend for the summer. 

I guess I like the new album a lot more than I thought. Normally when I see a concert I'm dreading the new songs the band will play. In this case half the minutes at the concert was new material and it was amazing. I not only liked it but was looking forward to it.

Here's to being greedy and hope they come to the east coast on a 2nd leg.

Walked by the bathroom as my son is supposed to be brushing his teeth before bead and I hear "I know the pieces fit cuz i watched them fall away"
...and that a 2nd leg brings with it 7empest.

Agreed they really need to play that song live.  Invincible and Pneuma were both fantastic live...I can't imagine how good 7empest would be.
Kind of surprised they haven't busted it out yet. They played bits of it at the Chicago soundcheck. Was thinking it might be too long, but they've played Third Eye a lot in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread