What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (1 Viewer)

It's only one game but I'd be worried.
Reid is a good coach. They were trying to take away the deep threat. And he still had a solid night for his fantasy owners. And I'm sure we'll see a game in the near future where Mahomes has 4-5 TDs at half with Cheetah getting at least 2 of them....

ffmail4me said:
Reid is a good coach. They were trying to take away the deep threat. And he still had a solid night for his fantasy owners. And I'm sure we'll see a game in the near future where Mahomes has 4-5 TDs at half with Cheetah getting at least 2 of them....
Exactly.   

ffmail4me said:
Maybe he couldn’t see Tyreek’s name on the playcall sheet because his mask was fogged you.

I think Bradley Roby was a tough draw for Tyreek because he has the speed to somewhat keep up with him. KC went to Watkins and Robinson a ton last night. Kelcey started out hot but fizzled as the game progressed. The Chiefs have a ton of options But I think both Hill and Kelce will eat most weeks. It makes sense that they involved a lot of players week one in a season which there was no preseason or offseason. I think the offense with become more consolidated in the next few weeks as players work their way into game condition. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't surprised that Hill had a quiet game.  KC wanted to show off the new toy in CEH.  HOU offense couldn't keep up and KC controlled the clock.   I will take a 5-46-1 as a "quiet" Hill game.  That's a nice floor.

I wasn't surprised that Hill had a quiet game.  KC wanted to show off the new toy in CEH.  HOU offense couldn't keep up and KC controlled the clock.   I will take a 5-46-1 as a "quiet" Hill game.  That's a nice floor.
If CEH continues to get bottled up at the goal line it could open up more opportunities for Hill.

Tyreek Hill caught 5-of-6 targets for 77 yards and one touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 3 win over the Ravens.

Hill now has a touchdown catch in all three games to open the season but has yet to eclipse the 100 yards barrier in any of the wins. Hill's second-quarter touchdown came from 20 yards out on a sick throw-and-catch combo with Patrick Mahomes, beating the defense over the top. Hill has 23 targets through three weeks and will remain an elite upside WR1 next week against the Patriots in a tough matchup with Stephon Gilmore.

- Rotoworld

Tyreek Hill caught 4-of-6 targets for 64 yard and one score in Kansas City's Week 4 win over New England.

Hill was actually held in check for a majority of play. He recorded a 22-yard catch on Kansas City's opening drive and scored the team's first touchdown, but was limited from that point forward since Patrick Mahomes was only asked to dropback and attempt 29 passes against New England's airtight secondary. Expect an eruption in Week 5 since there is genuinely no one on Las Vegas' roster who can keep up with Hill on the boundary.

Oct 5, 2020, 10:38 PM ET

Tyreek Hill caught 3-of-6 targets for 78 yards in the Chiefs' Week 5 loss to the Raiders, adding three carries for 15 yards and a touchdown as a runner.

Hill looked on his way to a huge day with an early 60-plus yards touchdown catch, but it was called back on a Chiefs penalty. Patrick Mahomes took a couple more deep shots to Hill, but nothing connected. Hill has a touchdown in every game through five weeks and is a weekly top-three play at receiver. He gets a date with Tre'Davious White at Buffalo in Week 6.

- Rotoworld

Tyreek Hill caught all three of his targets for 20 yards in the Chiefs' Week 6 win over the Bills.

The Chiefs only attempted 26 passing because of how effective their ground game was. Kansas City's running backs combined for 204 rushing yards on 35 carries. Hill even contributed five rushing yards on his lone carry. He was targeted at least six times in every game prior to Monday night. The positive game-script didn't allow Hill to do much this week but he remains a WR1 option versus the Broncos next week.

Oct 19, 2020, 9:14 PM ET

He's no Chase Claypool, that's for sure.

It was raining. He's opening it up for Kelce.  And the running game, at least for today.

its absurd, you have a pet Cheetah who's faster than anyone on the field, why not showcase your cheetah? He's beautiful, he's fast, he's hungry...come on Reid!!! 

its absurd, you have a pet Cheetah who's faster than anyone on the field, why not showcase your cheetah? He's beautiful, he's fast, he's hungry...come on Reid!!! 
No reason to use Hill when you're running the ball right down the defenses throat.  Plus it was raining a lot last night and BUF was playing to take Hill out.  KC took what the defense gave them......Mahomes had no reason to push the ball the down the field.  

No reason to use Hill when you're running the ball right down the defenses throat.  Plus it was raining a lot last night and BUF was playing to take Hill out.  KC took what the defense gave them......Mahomes had no reason to push the ball the down the field.  
That's all fine and well, but he's had 6 targets or less in five out of six games thus far.  Pretty tough to believe that it doesn't make some sense to try to scheme some touches for your most dynamic playmaker.  That said, he's definitely an asset in clearing out the field for Kelce to do his thing.  I suppose Reid is smarter than most of us at offensive game planning.  It's just pretty sickening that a player as gamebreaking as Tyreek can't get more than looks 6 per game. 

If you saw the game, when they panned around the Stadium, it was almost Dark at 5:00, the clouds were ominous, looked cold and bleak and I bet it was a night to run the football. 

KC has no road games the rest of the season anywhere like Buffalo. @Denver next week, 4 more road games over the season include trips to Las Vegas, Tampa Bay and the warm sunny South Florida plus a trip to New Orleans inside the Superdome so there shouldn't be a repeat of this. 

That's all fine and well, but he's had 6 targets or less in five out of six games thus far.  Pretty tough to believe that it doesn't make some sense to try to scheme some touches for your most dynamic playmaker.  That said, he's definitely an asset in clearing out the field for Kelce to do his thing.  I suppose Reid is smarter than most of us at offensive game planning.  It's just pretty sickening that a player as gamebreaking as Tyreek can't get more than looks 6 per game. 
Problem is KC has a lot of playmakers.  CEH looked great, they just signed Bell, and Kelce is the best TE in football.  Watkins, Hardman and Robinson can also make plays.  Great coaches and great QBs are masters of exploiting mismatches.  It was clear to me that BUF was taking Hill out the game, and they paid dearly for it to the tune of 200 yards rushing and 2 TDs from Kelce.  

Hill has never been a volume WR.  He has always been very productive with his targets, so he going to have a good year.  But it appears to me that KC is going to be more balanced on offense.   Last year Hill had 88 targets in 12 games, about 7.5 per game.  Only in 2018 he had a lot of targets at 137.  So currently he's below his typical pace, but right now he's on pace for 67 rec, 1024 yds, 11 TDs and 144 yds rushing and 2 TDs.  That is still a solid WR1, and it could get better.  WRs will have dud games.  Hill had one yesterday.  It happens.

teams are thinking the blueprint is to drop as many back in zone coverage as possible and only rush 3-4.....keeping everything in front....that doesn't allow Hill to blow past people....I think we are all used to what KC/Hill/Mahomes have looked like the last couple of years so we think something is "wrong" .....but they are 5-1 and are now having to make teams pay for dropping so many back in coverage....and lucky for them they have players like CEH/Williams and now Bell coming in that can make them pay....the pendulum will probably start swinging back the other way a little when teams have to adjust to getting the ball run down their throat.....although I think an ego factor comes in a little bit for opposing coaches and they don't like to get beat and embarrassed by the big play.....although getting smashed in the mouth by the running game is actually more embarrassing....Hill may not give you the ROI this year as the game scripts will probably stay the same as teams will try to milk the clock when on offense and are actually ok with the KC having to take 12 plus plays to score on a drive compared to the 3-4 it seemed like it took in the past with the big plays....they want to try and beat the Chiefs with scores in the 20's and hope KC doesn't convert some third downs here and there during the extended drives...

Tyreek Hill caught 4-of-6 targets for 98 yards and two touchdowns in the Chiefs' Week 8 win over the Jets. 

Gregg Williams' barely-there defense sprung Hill for his season-best day even though Patrick Mahomes and a host of starters rested for the final 10 minutes of the game. Hill's yardage was one of his 2020 best from Week 2, though the two-score effort was his first year. Hill found the end zone from 36 and 41 yards out. The 36-yarder was a laser where Hill split a pair of DBs. The 41-yarder was a strike down the left sideline where Hill bested a falling Bless Austin. With 50 percent of 2020 now in the books, Hill is on pace for 70/1,074/14. Hill is a good bet to overshoot those first two totals. The Panthers, who sell out to limit big plays, are on deck before the Chiefs' Week 10 bye. 

- Rotoworld

Tyreek Hill caught 13-of-15 targets for 269 yards and three touchdowns in the Chiefs' Week 12 win over the Bucs.

Hill went absolutely nuclear with 7-203-2 in the first quarter, getting behind the Tampa Bay secondary for 75- and 44-yard touchdowns in the opening frame. Hill later scored again with a 20-yarder in the third quarter. He now leads the league with 13 touchdown grabs and has only failed to visit pay dirt in one game this season. Hill has been as consistent as any player in fantasy this year, and he's now posted three straight 100-yard games after failing to accomplish the feat Weeks 1-8. It was a truly career performance with Hill setting career bests in catches, yards, and touchdowns. Tyreek gets the Broncos in Week 13.

Nov 29, 2020, 7:30 PM ET

69.90 points

new record in my LT full PPR, bonus milestone yardage, big play bonuses league

15 targets
13-261-3    
+57.10 full PPR

+1.0 100 yard game   
+2.0 200 yard game   
+3.0 250 yard game 

+1.0 40 yard reception 
+2.0 40 yard TD  
+1.0 40 yard reception 
+2.0 40 yard TD      

69.90 total

old record was 59.xx by AB (I think...I’m old)

69.90 points

15 targets
13-261-3    
+57.10 full PPR

+1.0 100 yard game   
+2.0 200 yard game   
+3.0 250 yard game 

+1.0 40 yard reception 
+2.0 40 yard TD  
+1.0 40 yard reception 
+2.0 40 yard TD      

69.90 total

He got 59.9 points (for me) in my big play bonus league. Not PPR and not even close to a record. 
Bonus leagues should all be abolished and make no sense.

He got 59.9 points (for me) in my big play bonus league. Not PPR and not even close to a record. 

69.90 points

15 targets
13-261-3    
+57.10 full PPR

+1.0 100 yard game   
+2.0 200 yard game   
+3.0 250 yard game 

+1.0 40 yard reception 
+2.0 40 yard TD  
+1.0 40 yard reception 
+2.0 40 yard TD      

69.90 total

Awesome!

Tyreek Hill caught 13-of-15 targets for 269 yards and three touchdowns in the Chiefs' Week 12 win over the Bucs.

Hill went absolutely nuclear with 7-203-2 in the first quarter, getting behind the Tampa Bay secondary for 75- and 44-yard touchdowns in the opening frame. Hill later scored again with a 20-yarder in the third quarter. He now leads the league with 13 touchdown grabs and has only failed to visit pay dirt in one game this season. Hill has been as consistent as any player in fantasy this year, and he's now posted three straight 100-yard games after failing to accomplish the feat Weeks 1-8. It was a truly career performance with Hill setting career bests in catches, yards, and touchdowns. Tyreek gets the Broncos in Week 13.

- Rotoworld

Bonus leagues should all be abolished and make no sense.
That view is entirely dependent on which end of the 18.50 point play you’re on.

We went a good 12 years as a standard league (TD only league in the early years), ten years various flavors of PPR, and now 4 or 5 years doing hot sauce guacamole. The guys love it.

As Commish my job is mostly administrative. Give the people what they want, it’s their league.

Tyreek Hill has commanded 35 percent of the Chiefs' targets over the team's past three games. 

Hill's target domination culminated Sunday against the Bucs with 13 catches, 269 yards, and three touchdowns. Travis Kelce is a distant second with 22 percent of the team's targets over that three-game stretch. Patrick Mahomes has taken to force feeding Hill over the past month, supercharging his fantasy floor and ceiling. Hill will look to continue his tear in Week 13 against the Broncos. 

RELATED: 

Travis Kelce

Nov 30, 2020, 8:22 AM ET

PREVIOUSNEXT

I sold Tyreek for really cheap when the drama hit hard 1.5 years ago or whatever it was. Team I sold to put up 192 against me this week. I put up 198. One of my more satisfying wins. Right up there with beating the team that had P Manning in week 1 201x where he had 7 TDs and put up over 70 FPs in our format.  I have one FBG championship team that has a chance to beat the Tyreek team this week. My other team that I sold a cheap dynasty share of Tyreek at that time has recovered nicely from it and am looking at a bye for the playoffs. I had given Hill and Carson for 1.04. Got sniped from Montgomery and Sanders who I wanted and took Henderson instead. Basically a total loss on that trade with no value recovered. Team is more loaded now than it ever has been, though, yet I can't help wonder how it would look if I'd kept Hill.

I own Hill on two dynasty teams and one of them I would deal him for Metcalf.  The other one I would not in part because I got this whole Chiefs thing going on and it's to fun to give up, most weeks I roll out Mahomes, Kelce, Tyreek and CEH and it's nuts popping off 25-30 point DRIVES. Can't imagine what it's like being on the receiving end of it.

Metcalf, as Rockaction alluded, is only player I'd personally deal him for due to likely few year marriage with Mahomes. Since Hill is so speed based it's fair to wonder what his decline will look like, if it comes faster then most so I can see a case for a few other WR's easily but next few years should be glorious.

The league I have all the Chiefs was a league two years ago I dealt Michael Thomas straight up for Hill. Had a leaguemate email right after asking what I was thinking, and asking in a way like I was a bit off to do this deal.I just told him I got nothing negative to say about Michael Thomas(this was in 2018, before his monster 2019) but I just thought Hill would eventually hover around being an 1800 yard receiver and had the younger QB in place. This trade gave made me sick when Hill looked like he might be out, did not make me feel so great last year either but it's all good now plus I got MT back.

Hills ability to get separation, catch basically anything thrown to him, burn any DB in the league and Mahomes willingness and ability to force feed him the rock just makes him the lights out top wr in FF and it’s not close.  Dude will win people championships this year. 

He's so by far and away #1 in PPR this year it's not funny.

The only guy that pops into mind as coming close is DK Metcalf, and I'd still take Hill twice on Sunday (of course I'd take him on Sunday, duh).

No joke.
Can’t argue No. 1 or 2. I basically think he’s inarguably top 3. I have him in dynasty and am glad someone turned down Tyreek for JT and a 2021 2nd after I lost CMC.

He’s really good. Glad he was on 2 of my 4 teams this weekend and 2asnt going up against me in the other 2  ;)  

Tyreek Hill caught 6-of-10 targets for 58 yards in Week 13 against the Broncos.

It was a rough night for Hill, who had a long touchdown that was ruled incomplete. The Chiefs likely would have got it overturned had they challenged it. He then had a second TD called back on holding.  Hill still managed a solid night and his 10 targets were behind only Travis Kelce, but this could have been a better game. Even with a matchup with the Dolphins secondary, Hill is a good bet to rebound in Week 14

Dec 7, 2020, 12:05 AM ET

Tyreek Hill missed Wednesday's practice with an illness ahead of Week 14's game against the Dolphins.

This was Hill's first missed practice of the season. Coach Andy Reid made sure to clarify Hill's absence is not COVID-19 related but did not suggest how long Hill might be sidelined. The NFL's receiving touchdown leader has a difficult matchup against the Dolphins on Sunday, but would still be widely regarded as a top-10 option entering the game.

Dec 9, 2020, 10:10 PM ET

Tyreek Hill (illness) returned to practice Thursday. 

Hill had his first missed practice of the season on Wednesday with an illness, which head coach Andy Reid said was not COVID-19 related. The most dangerous receiver in the NFL will be a locked-in WR option this week against a Miami defense that allows a 65.5 percent targets share to wideouts -- the highest in the league. 

Dec 10, 2020, 2:21 PM ET

Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said Tyreek Hill (illness) will play in Week 14 against the Dolphins. 

Hill had his first missed practice of the season on Wednesday with a non-COVID illness, but returned to practice Thursday and Friday. He takes on a Miami defense this week that allows a 65.5 percent targets share to wideouts -- the highest in the league. 

SOURCE: Nate Taylor on Twitter 

Dec 11, 2020, 2:14 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread