What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (1 Viewer)

The one league own him in, doesn't include return stats (the commish is weird about counting return yards and TDS).  I totally reached for him as my wr1 in the 2nd (22nd overall). w00t!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghost Rider said:
I'm so pissed that this guy is only on like 2/3 of my teams.  I reached for him in every draft and overpaid in every auction to get him this year.  
I got him in almost all of my redrafts, except for 2. One of those I traded hogan/graham for hill before the season started, I got to talk a lot of smack to that friend. 

The other league my wife owns him. Last time I let her peek at my list.....

He reminds me a bit of Marvin Harrison. He’s my WR 1 and if he plays 16 with Mahomes should be the WR 1 in fantasy this year. A lot of fun to own a threat to score from anywhere on the field and every time he touches the ball

One of the "knocks" on him from some experts before this season was that he was too dependent on TD's over 40+ yards...I think that's working out for him so far....
It's kind of a chicken and egg thing.

Is he producing because he's getting an abnormal number of long TDs?

OR

Is he getting an abnormal number of long TDs because he's a freak?

I think we know the answer by now.

He always looked like a crazy athlete in college, but what's been a pleasant surprise is discovering how good his pure WR skills are in addition to that. The 30 yard one-handed stab that he brought down yesterday is a play that your typical track star WR like Dorsett or Goodwin doesn't make. I thought Tyreek was a RB/WR tweener in college, but he seems to have every WR skill at a high level. He's impossible to cover, he can catch the ball, and he's lethal after the catch.

The best part to me was the short TD. It shows that Mahomes is really looking for Tyreek no matter the situation. If he can be more than just boom bust, he could easily be a top 5 WR this year. 
The Kareem Hunt owner I played yesterday disagrees strongly. Chiefs had 2 First & goals at the 1....pass, pass. :lol:  

as a Hill ( :wub:  ) owner in one league, and facing Hunt (my last year’s mancrush) I was delighted. 

It's kind of a chicken and egg thing.

Is he producing because he's getting an abnormal number of long TDs?

OR

Is he getting an abnormal number of long TDs because he's a freak?

I think we know the answer by now.

He always looked like a crazy athlete in college, but what's been a pleasant surprise is discovering how good his pure WR skills are in addition to that. The 30 yard one-handed stab that he brought down yesterday is a play that your typical track star WR like Dorsett or Goodwin doesn't make. I thought Tyreek was a RB/WR tweener in college, but he seems to have every WR skill at a high level. He's impossible to cover, he can catch the ball, and he's lethal after the catch.
That’s a good call. 

The fact is he can get behind a defense and Mahomes has the arm to get him the ball. 

We’ve seen guys with great hands, and we’ve seen speedsters who can get behind a secondary. And we’ve seen strong-armed QBs.

we haven’t really seen all 3 at the same time in recent memory. 

Hill is truly a freak of nature - he’s fast, runs crisp routes, he’s elusive in the open field & has good vision.

dude scored even more in my IDP league where he got the opening KRTD too. :o  And the scary thing is that pick 1.01 did what I did in my D/ST league - went 1.01 Gurley, then 2.12 Hill. That’s a scary 1-2 punch to face any given Sunday in magical foosball. 

I’m excited to see his season. Keenan Allen did me just fine as my 2.02 pick, but I’m starting to wonder if I should have taken the Freak there.

he could well be the #1 player in FFB this year.

it’s 1 game, I realize, but if he’s 75% of this production over 17 games, wow.

just...wow. 

Tyreek is magic. Mahomes and Tyreek could be the best connection this season.
It certainly could be. 

The 58-yard TD pass to Tyreek was started by a remarkable quick release from Mahomes.  As good of a QB that Alex Smith can be at times, he would have never made that throw.     Mahomes allows the Freak to be unleashed.     Going to be fun owning Kamara (1.05) and Tyreek (3.05) this year; two electrifying players.  

That’s a good call. 

The fact is he can get behind a defense and Mahomes has the arm to get him the ball. 

We’ve seen guys with great hands, and we’ve seen speedsters who can get behind a secondary. And we’ve seen strong-armed QBs.

we haven’t really seen all 3 at the same time in recent memory. 

Hill is truly a freak of nature - he’s fast, runs crisp routes, he’s elusive in the open field & has good vision.

dude scored even more in my IDP league where he got the opening KRTD too. :o  And the scary thing is that pick 1.01 did what I did in my D/ST league - went 1.01 Gurley, then 2.12 Hill. That’s a scary 1-2 punch to face any given Sunday in magical foosball. 

I’m excited to see his season. Keenan Allen did me just fine as my 2.02 pick, but I’m starting to wonder if I should have taken the Freak there.

he could well be the #1 player in FFB this year.

it’s 1 game, I realize, but if he’s 75% of this production over 17 games, wow.

just...wow. 
When plays break down and Mahomes gets outside the pocket it's going to be all Tyreek. Mahomes showed that when he threw it from the 7 yard line on a rope to Tyreek at the 45. Nearest defender was 7 yards away. 

When plays break down and Mahomes gets outside the pocket it's going to be all Tyreek. Mahomes showed that when he threw it from the 7 yard line on a rope to Tyreek at the 45. Nearest defender was 7 yards away. 
In that situation, more often than not turns on the jets and *poof*. 

I only wish I’d drafted Mahomes 

This makes no sense at all.  As if OBJ doesn't have a big play history.  Good luck with your team.  I think it'll take you two weeks to regret this (if you actually did it...which I doubt).
Eat some hill wooters 

oh crap I talked smack too soon. You clearly say “two weeks”, I feel I’ve jinxed myself.

He could put up 200-4 against the Steelers this week, especially if Haden is out. They just don't have the speed on the back end, or in the middle. He could catch a short cross and take it to the house. As a Steelers fan I'm dreading this week if Ben can't turn things around. 

Just posted this in the Mahomes thread, I'll do it here too.

This week, both of PIT starting cornerbacks are injured (Burns listed as Q, Haden listed as D). That's going to be a huge plus for Hill this week.

Just posted this in the Mahomes thread, I'll do it here too.

This week, both of PIT starting cornerbacks are injured (Burns listed as Q, Haden listed as D). That's going to be a huge plus for Hill this week.
I feel like every time a FF situation looks super favorable like this one, it never pans out. I mean, I’m starting Tyreek every single week regardless but I’m not expecting otherworldly numbers. I will hope for it but won’t expect it. 

I feel like every time a FF situation looks super favorable like this one, it never pans out. I mean, I’m starting Tyreek every single week regardless but I’m not expecting otherworldly numbers. I will hope for it but won’t expect it. 
Hill could do absolutely anything this week and it wouldn't surprise. 8/225/3 or it's the Hunt and Kelce show and he goes 3/55/0. He's just fun to own and you never know what to expect. 

this is so true it's unbelievable..oh it's a hurricane Player X should be foreced to hand off to the RB 35 timers can't get the passing game going.boom.player X throws for 350 yards, 3 TDs, while the running game is dead. 

this should be the Kelce show, with a cameo by K. Hunt..and Hill will be the 4-50 guy. I remember last season Kelce had a MONSTER of a game week 1.disappeared next 2 weeks IIRC..there's no consistency in that KC offense , it was the same with Philly when Reid ran the show over there..

these guys are highly talented but Reid is so fickle week to week you never know what you're going to get. and people used to tear Shanahan apart for doing the exact same thing(s)..

it really doesnt matter who's out for the Steelers this week - it's their home opener, a tough place to play in, and they play well at home. 

the game is a 53 o/u, Steelers  - 4.5 after opening at -5 and 49.5 o/u. 

that's a fairly high point spread, gotta like the Steelers to beat up on the Chiefs..

Yeah, Hill is too fast for anyone in this league to cover even in good health and Mahomes has the arm to get the ball deep to him. All it takes is a slight juke to throw off the defender and he's open.

This should bode well for Kelce and Hunt, and to some extent, Watkins and Ware. With defenses so worried about the Hill deep ball they're going to spread themselves thin.

Very fun offense to watch.

Was thinking exactly the same thing as I came into this thread.

Milkman said:
You guys are underestimating how well Mahomes and Tyreek fit together. It's going to be a historic pairing. 
I hope you're right. I have him in 4/9 high stakes leagues and paired with either Gurley or Zeke in all 4. I was getting Tyreek late 2nd/early 3rd, so it worked out perfectly and I paired him with Hilton in 3/4, Landry in the other.  Cool story, huh?

Milkman said:
You guys are underestimating how well Mahomes and Tyreek fit together. It's going to be a historic pairing. 
Yeah I'm really starting to think this could be a thing. And I've owned Hill since he was a rookie and was in love with him before I knew about Mahomes. I mean *really* knew. Which was about a week ago.

I think he’ll have at least 1 huge play every week as he is too fast and Mahomes has the ability to get him into spots where he can dust everyone. 

I asked Bloom what he thought the over/under for receiving TDs was for Tyreek this season. 

He said 14.

The rest of the FF community hasn't caught on yet but I think we are looking at the #1 WR in dynasty and maybe the #1 dynasty asset period by the end of the year. There is still a few nonbelievers left........I'd try to trade for him where I could. 

For what?  OBJ went 11-115.  I never said Hill wasn't good.  You drafted Hill ahead of OBJ.  No matter what happens this season, you made the wrong choice.  You could have...no...should have, traded down and then drafted Hill.  Any potential value in Hill, in your draft, disappeared.  You can't win leagues constantly drafting players so far ahead of ADP.  

Besides, when it is all said and done, there is almost no chance that Hill has more receptions, yards, or TD's compared to Beckham.  But whatever.
I agree in principle but i think tyreek outscores beckham this year too. 

Users who are viewing this thread