What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (5 Viewers)

Put him otb in both the leagues I own him. Not sure anyone will buy but I'm willing to sell pretty cheap. My mistake for owning him in the first place really.

Based on no statement from Tyreek. He needs to come out and say he's innocent. At least that's what an innocent person would do. 
A counter to this by the way if you want to keep it positive is that he's not been cut, formally charged, no one is making public statements expressing his guilt and have heard no reports of child services taking his kid. So far so good when you look at it that way.

I'll be totally honest. I mess up what state KC is in all the time and have even been their multiple times which makes it even worse but in this case the city is Overland Park.
:bag: me too. whoops. Funny thing is I knew it was in the same state as st louis.... I was even asking myself- wow I didnt realize but how did Missouri ever support 2 football teams... 

Why does it matter which state this happened in? What am I missing there? 

Side note...  Kansas and Missouri have been in a tax benefit race to the bottom war over KC based businesses for a while now.  It's a pretty interesting story if you're not familiar. 

Side note...  Kansas and Missouri have been in a tax benefit race to the bottom war over KC based businesses for a while now.  It's a pretty interesting story if you're not familiar. 
Just to name a few.  Different laws and policies for police and child service agencies.  

What are you guys talking about? There is a Kansas City in BOTH Missouri and Kansas.

http://www.kchistory.org/faq/why-there-kansas-city-both-kansas-and-missouri
Exactly. Why else would it be confusing which state the Chiefs play?

I grew up near Missouri and and Rams played in St. Louis most of my life so no matter how many times I am reminded the Chiefs play in Missouri I will still often mess up and think they are in Kansas City, KS I think because I can't grasp idea the state of Missouri supported two NFL teams.

[major tangent]

sounds like the global visual effects tax credits that have created a decade of a race to the bottom while movies with VFX are earning billions. If you’re interested in more, google "visual effects industry freakonomics" for an interesting article. 

[/tangent]

i was offered Woods and Jeffrey’s for Hill in FFPC and declined, fwiw. 

I offered 1.2 and a future 1st for T. Hill and was declined.

I offered R. Woods and future 1st for T. Hill and it sat for 1.5 days and I revoked it.  

I just made a trade mentioned above, I just sent out another offer in a different league ... Hill for 1.03, 1.06 and 2.06 and was told he would only give the 2nd with this news. People pretty divided right now on his value.

I feel about 100% sure that he is under investigation and it's in it's early stages so not cause for celebrating but before I give him away for cheap I'm going to take the time to remember that this investigation is on day two at least and not only has he not been charged but the police are not even sure a crime was committed.

I feel about 100% sure that he is under investigation and it's in it's early stages so not cause for celebrating but before I give him away for cheap I'm going to take the time to remember that this investigation is on day two at least and not only has he not been charged but the police are not even sure a crime was committed.
My understanding was Friday the police forwarded the case on to the DAs office for charging on Monday

This woman’s twitter replies would make me very nervous for Reek. Her husband is the mother’s godfather. She posted about this before the news broke.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mrs_JRobinson44/with_replies?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1106672852483354624&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com%2FBB%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D321853%26page%3D121
Jeff robinsons ex wife?? I remember him on the tigers....that link didnt sent me to any news.....

Based on no statement from Tyreek. He needs to come out and say he's innocent. At least that's what an innocent person would do. 
Again....what exactly is he supposed to say he is innocent of...?....he hasn’t even been charged with anything....he is not going to say something just to make you feel better.....should the wife do the same or is it just Tyreek because he is an NFL player and he has a “history”....they don’t owe anybody anything as far as a statement goes....

Again....what exactly is he supposed to say he is innocent of...?....he hasn’t even been charged with anything....he is not going to say something just to make you feel better.....should the wife do the same or is it just Tyreek because he is an NFL player and he has a “history”....they don’t owe anybody anything as far as a statement goes....
I think we can agree on the following

He's aware of the investigation.

He has been on social media since this started. 

He has chosen not to comment on social media (or any other media) since news of the investigation broke

Many agents and lawyers will recommend staying away from social media while an active investigation is ongoing

Many agents and pr guys will recommend getting your side of the story out there as quickly as possible if the allegations are demonstrably false (e.g. the kid's arm wasn't broken or he is not a person of interest in the investigation) 

The team may have asked him not to talk about this on social media until they're ready to make a statement

The team isn't ready to make a statement

It is unlikely that the allegations are demonstrably false

It is likely that he's still under investigation

The longer he remains under investigation - even without enough evidence to convict him of a crime - the more likely the league or the team is to take actions that could include things like suspension, being put on the commissioner's exempt list, release, or refusing to sign him to a long term contract. 

Any of those actions would be really bad for his fantasy value

The risk of his fantasy value being impacted has gone up since the initial reports

I don't think any of those statements should be controversial.  Do you? 

Yes he should want to make a statement if he's innocent. He would have virtually nothing to worry about. 

Yeah his unknown wife should be holding a news conference. I mean a lot of famous people get accused of breaking their 3 year olds arm. It’s really not a big deal, I’m sure he’s got better things to do. If you’re innocent the best thing to do is let things play out for a few months and deal with it during the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes he should want to make a statement if he's innocent. He would have virtually nothing to worry about. 
I don't think that's a fair statement.  For anothe, the team might have told him to stay off social media until their investigation is complete. 

That doesn't mean he's not innocent. 

But if the investigation isn't complete, it means that several "good" outcomes can be taken off the table.  There was a lot of speculation about whether the kid even has a broken arm, but if he didn't, i would expect the broken arm portion of the investigation to be complete by now.  

I don't think that's a fair statement.  For anothe, the team might have told him to stay off social media until their investigation is complete. 

But if the investigation isn't complete, it means that several "good" outcomes can be taken off the table.  There was a lot of speculation about whether the kid even has a broken arm, but if he didn't, i would expect the broken arm portion of the investigation to be complete by now.  
Jesus, you think making a statement on Twitter is a good idea? Welcome to the internet, you’ve made a lot of posts in 1 day. Id say a lawyer may be a good idea.

It doesn't mean he's not innocent but it does hurt his odds imo. There is a greater chance that he is guilty today than yesterday......

Robert Kraft publicly denied his involvement of what he’s been accused of- I don’t think anyone believes that. Granted he was formally charged.

Jesus, you think making a statement on Twitter is a good idea? Welcome to the internet, you’ve made a lot of posts in 1 day. Id say a lawyer may be a good idea.
I've read this several times and have no idea what you're trying to say. 

I don't think he should make a statement on Twitter if there's an ongoing investigation. 

I would expect some kind of statement from him, his agent and/or the team if the investigation were complete and he was completely cleared. 

I think we can infer that the investigation is not complete with him having been completely cleared. 

I don't think we can infer his guilt or innocence, but of the many possible outcomes when this story came out, the best ones were "quick resolution with hill being completely cleared".

Yesterday there were more good outcomes than today, so the risk to his fantasy value appears to have gone up. 

I've read this several times and have no idea what you're trying to say. 

I don't think he should make a statement on Twitter if there's an ongoing investigation. 

I would expect some kind of statement from him, his agent and/or the team if the investigation were complete and he was completely cleared. 

I think we can infer that the investigation is not complete with him having been completely cleared. 

I don't think we can infer his guilt or innocence, but of the many possible outcomes when this story came out, the best ones were "quick resolution with hill being completely cleared".

Yesterday there were more good outcomes than today, so the risk to his fantasy value appears to have gone up. 
In response to people saying he should make a statement you said the team probably told him to stay off social media. Add 2 + 2.

i don’t get on what planet anybody would be dumb enough to post anything on social media. Make a statement through your lawyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was offered Kamara and Gurley for Barkley and Hill, if that helps anyone
I know it's not the right place...but this is tempting me. I know I'll feel stupid and wasteful if this situation isn't anything, especially since Gurley also seems like damaged goods. But I'm tempted. 

I know it's not the right place...but this is tempting me. I know I'll feel stupid and wasteful if this situation isn't anything, especially since Gurley also seems like damaged goods. But I'm tempted. 
I am stewing over a much lesser offer than that right now. I literally just a couple hours ago mentioned that I wouldn't want to make any deals for Gurley right now, but the Hill thing might trump that. IDK that I would give Barkley for anyone right now, but Kamara and Gurley is sexy AF.

I am stewing over a much lesser offer than that right now. I literally just a couple hours ago mentioned that I wouldn't want to make any deals for Gurley right now, but the Hill thing might trump that. IDK that I would give Barkley for anyone right now, but Kamara and Gurley is sexy AF.
Yeah, that's part of the dilemma for sure, the fact that Gurley could take a huge hit too, and then I've dow graded from Barkley for very little. Especially if this Tyreek stuff turns out to be nothing. Of course if the Gurley knee stuff is nothing then it's a steal anyways, maybe. 

just saying what a respected calculator has dropped hills value as of last night. It dropped about 25%.

Someone who thinks Hill is done for may choose to move him for a player like Diggs to get something for nothing. I think it's a fair drop. in 2 days he could be worth nothing, or he could be back to where he was before. 
This seems to be looking just worse and worse for Tyreek by the hours.  I don't know, perhaps if I were a dynasty Hill owner and someone offered me Diggs and another promising player like a Kirk or Godwin I'd probably jump on it at this point.  Diggs + Godwin might be optimistic at this point.

This seems to be looking just worse and worse for Tyreek by the hours.  I don't know, perhaps if I were a dynasty Hill owner and someone offered me Diggs and another promising player like a Kirk or Godwin I'd probably jump on it at this point.  Diggs + Godwin might be optimistic at this point.
Diggs ~ 2 firsts. Godwin ~ 1+ firsts  

Diggs + Godwin = Tyreek last week.

Today? Not so much. 

Users who are viewing this thread