What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (8 Viewers)

Thinking of trying to trade for Hill. IMO he serves some kind of a suspension st some point, but out of the nfl...  doubt it right now. it raises a red flag for future problems. I am considering 1.10 and Godwin for him, if his owner will bite (he does want Godwin really bad)

Thinking of trying to trade for Hill. IMO he serves some kind of a suspension st some point, but out of the nfl...  doubt it right now. it raises a red flag for future problems. I am considering 1.10 and Godwin for him, if his owner will bite (he does want Godwin really bad)
If he bites on that he's really dumb...  Or really risk averse

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got Tyreek (I hate kids with autism) Hill for Devonta Freeman and Robby Anderson.  I think Godwin and the 1.10 is a better offer than mine.   I think Tyreek’s trade value is at it’s lowest point, don’t think it can get any lower unless he gets suspended or cut.

IMO his value lies in the KC offense. He could go somewhere like NYJ and just get lost. 
He was the #6 or #7 WR in 2017  on a paltry amount of targets with Alex Smith who is arguably one of the 3 worst QB's I'd want throwing to a WR like Hill. I think only other WR to ever go over 1K yards with Smith was Maclin.

Tyreek Hill is the most explosive player in the game and a supreme talent who is helped by Mahomes as Mahomes is helped by him. Both are better together, neither is going to be lost without the other.

Pretty good offer imo. Right now, all things considered, his value is around Diggs.

Think so? KC just gave away tyreeks money to an OL, and may move on from him after this season. IMO his value lies in the KC offense. He could go somewhere like NYJ and just get lost. 
I agree that he's way more valuable as a Chief, but they also don't need to sign him this year and have a viable excuse if he gets angry about that.  You want an extension? Well we wanted to give you one, but now we have to wait until this thing plays out.  

They can franchise tag him to keep him on a year to year deal. 

If he does go elsewhere, you paid less than half price so his value should still be higher than what you paid. 

I put my money where my mouth is and offered that for Hill in the league I own Godwin.  It hasn't been accepted.  I'll probably pull it off the table before too long since it's not wise to have offers sitting out there when news can break at any time. 

I traded for Hill in 2 leagues over the last few weeks. Feel pretty good about both as long as he isn't suddenly cut.

Gave: OJ Howard and 1.6 for Hill 

Gave: Golladay and Eifert for Hill 

At those prices felt he was absolutely worth the risk. 

I put my money where my mouth is and offered that for Hill in the league I own Godwin.  It hasn't been accepted.  I'll probably pull it off the table before too long since it's not wise to have offers sitting out there when news can break at any time. 
I may float it after the NFL draft myself. or when I'm on the clock. It's worth the risk for sure, I'm just concerned about his long term value

I may float it after the NFL draft myself. or when I'm on the clock. It's worth the risk for sure, I'm just concerned about his long term value
If nothing comes of this....it actually seems to work out for the Chiefs....they will be able to resign him at some point at a discount "just because".....you have to think Hill wants to stay with Mahomes if he can....so long term value may be really good fantasy wise

I have had 3 shares of Hill and have moved him in all 3. The last share went last week when I traded him for Corey Davis straight. I know everybody on this forum hates Davis but I still like him, don't love him, would rather have Hill without the nonsense. We'll see.

so basically - not enough evidence for the state's attorney's office to pursue charges, but they believe a crime has occurred.

So it is likely that Tyreek Hill did commit the crime, but no charges. What does the NFL do?

[Pryor] Johnson County DA Stephen Howe announces they will decline to file charges in the investigation involving Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill and his fiancee Crystal Espinal

https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/1121142158294228992?s=21

Matt Verderame ✔ @MattVerderame

#Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill could still face discipline from the NFL. There's a precedent for suspension despite no legal action. Commissioner Roger Goodell has the ultimate authority on league matters.

3:07 PM - Apr 24, 2019

so basically - not enough evidence for the state's attorney's office to pursue charges, but they believe a crime has occurred.

So it is likely that Tyreek Hill did commit the crime, but no charges. What does the NFL do?
It probably depends on how much negative media attention this gets. 

It couldn't break at a better time.  In 27 hours the draft will dominate all NFL news.  Today is like a Friday afternoon on steroids. 

His girlfriend is also  a "suspect" so that criteria will make it more difficult for the NFL to put the blame on Hill & act on a suspension.

Not saying it won't happen, but it'll definitely be a factor.

Addiction is not a choice. Getting to the point of addiction, I can basically agree w that. But once you have a dependency, no... It's no longer a choice
That's not remotely true.  

I doubt they lead with that in rehab....."well guys from this point on the addiction has you, and nothing you do from here on out is under your control.  Go crazy folks!!!!"

Cmon Soul

so no criminal charges...so thats done... but CPS may still be involved...and there can be a lot of layers on that onion.....and that also means we we never really know what happened because a child is involved and it is not a criminal case.....the details will not be released.......all you can do is speculate, but even the NFL won't be able to find out what actually happened...I'm guessing nothing happens because I am not sure you can suspend somebody if you do not even know if they actually did something....

Another takeaway is that he is not cleared of wrongdoing.  Even if no punishment is issued this time, it could increase punishment or public outcry if there is ever another incident in the future. 

They said a crime was committed but there's not enough evidence to prove who committed it.  This doesn't clear him of wrongdoing.  The fact a crime was committed and he was more than likely the one who did it could still lead to a suspension.

Another takeaway is that he is not cleared of wrongdoing.  Even if no punishment is issued this time, it could increase punishment or public outcry if there is ever another incident in the future. 
curious....do they normally come out and say "cleared of wrong doing" .....?....

They said a crime was committed but there's not enough evidence to prove who committed it.  This doesn't clear him of wrongdoing.  The fact a crime was committed and he was more than likely the one who did it could still lead to a suspension.
how do you know this...?

there are so many possibilities......like...he could have been holding the child and the fiance tried to grab the child away from him and his arm was broken....Tyreek really may have done NOTHING wrong....if you say he probably did....that is pure speculation.....don't think any of us want punished for speculation....

technically.....it could have totally been the fiance that did it....but Tyreek was just there....as long as that remains a possibility, I am not sure he can be punished....

It’s funny that our law system is supposed to be inocent until proven guilty yet most are automatically guilty in the public eye once associated or accused. It’s a damn shame this is what goes down. The media is the ultimate manipulator.

This is a clear win for Hill owners from a fantasy perspective. 

• Smile
Reactions: LBH
It’s funny that our law system is supposed to be inocent until proven guilty yet most are automatically guilty in the public eye once associated or accused. It’s a damn shame this is what goes down. The media is the ultimate manipulator.
Just because someone isn't "legally" guilty doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion about whether or not I think they are a piece of #### child abuser.

curious....do they normally come out and say "cleared of wrong doing" .....?....
There is a pretty big difference between "we have investigated and no crime occurred" and "a crime occurred but we can't tell if the guilty party was the NFL player with documented anger issues or the elementary school teacher trained to have patience with children."

:lmao:

Kid gets arm broken by one of his two parents but they can't conclusively prove which.  Our choices are the mom that is a teacher and currently pregnant with twin babies or the super strong football player who has a history of the most egregious domestic abuse imaginable and it is out of line to say it was "probably" Tyreek?

OK then.  You keep sticking up for this guy magic football owners of him.

there are so many possibilities......like...he could have been holding the child and the fiance tried to grab the child away from him and his arm was broken....Tyreek really may have done NOTHING wrong....if you say he probably did....that is pure speculation.....don't think any of us want punished for speculation....
It could have been a meteor that fell from the sky and landed on the child's arm.  Since we can't possibly know what really happened we should just consider all possibilities as equally likely.... 

Either

1. Hill did it and she won’t blab, because he is her meal ticket. 

2. She did it and for some reason, he won’t clear his name?

3. They both share the blame. 

Doesnt look good for Tyreek because it’s either option 1 or 3. 

Users who are viewing this thread