What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (4 Viewers)

What is the conduct....?
come on ref.....I know you are a KC homer, just expect him to miss a few games, he has a history and for god sakes he has his child removed from his home by CPS...

me personally for FF I don't care. these athletes being role models is a thing of past....Just let me know whats up with tyreek before I draft and Ill adjust accordingly.

come on ref.....I know you are a KC homer, just expect him to miss a few games, he has a history and for god sakes he has his child removed from his home by CPS...

me personally for FF I don't care. these athletes being role models is a thing of past....Just let me know whats up with tyreek before I draft and Ill adjust accordingly.
Look I would be asking the same questions if any of your were in Hill’s situation......anybody for that matter....

Look I would be asking the same questions if any of your were in Hill’s situation......anybody for that matter....
If he gets suspended he could appeal and get it reduced....hell even take it to court like Brady or Zeke, but in the end, the commish wins, and we know how he rolls at this point....just be glad it might only be like 2/3 games....

What is the conduct....?
May not suspend him at all.  He will be investigated by the league.  If the investigators find enough to think that it is more likely than not then they can suspend or banish him.  He could get suspended if he doesn't cooperate with the leagues investigations.  Remember brady got suspended for destroying his own phone, which was own property.  Honestly think the next CBA should have an independent arbirtor for discipline.

First off, there is no way he gets 2-3 games.

This is abuse of a child. Abuse of a child. Abuse of a child. Let it sink in you dunce-headed people.

The DA said a crime was committed but he didn't have enough evidence to bring it to trial. This means Hill either did it or is covering for his fiance.

Hill is done in the NFL. This is my opinion. Done.

Abuse of a child is the worst of the worst. He's done.

This is abuse of a child. Abuse of a child. Abuse of a child. Let it sink in you dunce-headed people.

The DA said a crime was committed but he didn't have enough evidence to bring it to trial. This means Hill either did it or is covering for his fiance.

hes not done.....far too talented....people killed someone and they were not done.....

Seriously. So much of this social stuff in the news these days that to be quite honest - idgaf. I watch football because I enjoy it. Of course I don’t want to imagine players as bad people but at the end of the day it really doesnt make a difference to me. I’m just sick of hearing about it and every other story that catches fire due to the social injustice. Just give me my highlights and leave the other #### for TMZ. 

Nothing has been proven against him. How can his career be over?

I guess the reason I am so hung up on trying to hear what exactly some of you think he should actually be suspended for is because ultimately those may be the words that RG will have to say and justify when/if Hill is sitting across the desk from him and he tells him why he is being suspended....

If they are/this certain DA, is so sure that a crime was committed then why aren’t they pressing charges. If they are so sure then that means they should have evidence to prove it otherwise they are just making headlines for the press.

I guess the reason I am so hung up on trying to hear what exactly some of you think he should actually be suspended for is because ultimately those may be the words that RG will have to say and justify when/if Hill is sitting across the desk from him and he tells him why he is being suspended....
For probably breaking his kid's arm, just like Zeke was suspended for probably sexually assaulting someone, the Pats and Brady were punished for probably deflating footballs, etc.

If they are/this certain DA, is so sure that a crime was committed then why aren’t they pressing charges. If they are so sure then that means they should have evidence to prove it otherwise they are just making headlines for the press.

You’re right.  The kid probably twisted his own arm to the point of breaking it.

You’re right.  The kid probably twisted his own arm to the point of breaking it.
People can sit hear all day and think they they are making some great proclamation by making snide comments like this all day....but it doesn’t change anything....yeah we know the kid has a broken arm but we have no idea how it happened....and Roger and his investigating team won’t either...

People can sit hear all day and think they they are making some great proclamation by making snide comments like this all day....but it doesn’t change anything....yeah we know the kid has a broken arm but we have no idea how it happened....and Roger and his investigating team won’t either...
We have some idea... That Child Services didn't think it was an accident. 

For probably breaking his kid's arm, just like Zeke was suspended for probably sexually assaulting someone, the Pats and Brady were punished for probably deflating footballs, etc.
I think most of us would be pretty upset if we got suspended from our job because we “probably” did something....

One answer might be double jeopardy.  If they aren't sure they can get a conviction on whoever they think did it they are better off trying to get more information and possibly charging later.  This could have started in the hospital.  Doctor's know how bones are broken and if was something like jerking the arm the wrong way etc then they may have clued the police into this.  Hill might not be guilty at all, his wife may have done it.  The league will have it's say one way or another even if nothing is done to Hill by the league.

I don't think this is that hard to understand.  If it brings a lot of negative attention to the NFL he will probably fave punishment.  If this does not get a lot of media hype and blows over, he might not get punished by the league. 

It doesn't matter what the league proves he did or didn't do, it matters what kind of negative attention it brings to the league. 

I don't think this is that hard to understand.  If it brings a lot of negative attention to the NFL he will probably fave punishment.  If this does not get a lot of media hype and blows over, he might not get punished by the league. 

It doesn't matter what the league proves he did or didn't do, it matters what kind of negative attention it brings to the league. 
not to mention, people seem to be forgetting that TWO separate police reports were made within two weeks - one for the battery, but also one for neglect. So there is a pattern here.

I think most of us would be pretty upset if we got suspended from our job because we “probably” did something....
Some jobs are at will jobs.  Been doing IT contracting for 20 years at US Govt sites and every offer letter I have gotten has had that, as almost all do.  They can fire you for any reason they like including that the customer doesn't like you.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/19/is-tyreek-hill-already-facing-a-personal-conduct-policy-suspension/

Conduct that poses a genuine danger to the safety and the well-being to another person.

it’s an actual clause in the Player Conduct Policy. 

People get fired from jobs all the time for circumstantial evidence that is a lot less damning than what there is against Tyreek.

You think everyone ever fired for sexual harrassment had video evidence against them?

So I'm pretty much gonna try and let the dust settle on this a little bit first. I'll say this. I'd rather be talking about the draft. Speaking of which, if KC takes a WR early (relative to the WR ranks) I don't think it says anything. I would assume they'd take a WR anyway. 

With the language the District Attorney used, he was clearly letting everyone know he feels that Tyreek caused the boy’s broken arm.   I’m guessing that Tyreek’s previous brutal attack against his pregnant girlfriend figured into the DA’s decision to use the language he chose to.   I read some comments that maybe the boy’s mother did it.  If there was any chance of that happening,  I would think the DA would have worded his statement differently.  This press conference was about Tyreek Hill, if there was any chance he wasn’t guilty, the DA wouldn’t have put the bullseye 🎯 on Tyreek’s back like he did.  That’s the way I see it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/19/is-tyreek-hill-already-facing-a-personal-conduct-policy-suspension/

Conduct that poses a genuine danger to the safety and the well-being to another person.

it’s an actual clause in the Player Conduct Policy. 
If the league chooses to extend its power this far so be it....I guess just being in the environment or involved in some way is enough for them and a suspension....but as that article indicates it still could be that Hill didn’t actually do anything...

Last edited by a moderator:
With the language the District Attorney used, he was clearly letting everyone know he feels that Tyreek caused the boy’s broken arm.   I’m guessing that Tyreek’s previous brutal attack against his pregnant girlfriend figured into the DA’s decision to use the language he chose to.   I read some comments that maybe the boy’s mother did it.  If there was any chance of that happening,  I would think the DA would have worded his statement differently.  This press conference was about Tyreek Hill, if there was any chance he wasn’t guilty, the DA wouldn’t have put the bullseye 🎯 on Tyreek’s back like he did.  That’s the way I see it.
one thing I'm wondering is how the police reports were generated, as I'm not sure if this has or will be disclosed publicly. But obviously someone either 1) called 911, in which police responded to the house and made a report, or 2) went to the police station or DCF offices to make a report, and did this twice as two reports were made. I don't see Tyreek Hill doing either of these things.

We may not, but the DA clearly does and went out of his way to say exactly that in a public statement.  He may feel he wouldn’t get a conviction at this time but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have evidence to support his position, and if he didn’t he wouldn’t be going out of his way to make such a strong statement.

My children are old....but when they were younger and if they were removed from my custody for some reason...my employer would probably never know....and if I was investigated by the police and not charged they probably wouldn’t know that either....and then if for some reason they found out and asked I could see saying ...”it’s really none of your business”....being in the public eye kinda sucks sometimes I guess...

We may not, but the DA clearly does and went out of his way to say exactly that in a public statement.  He may feel he wouldn’t get a conviction at this time but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have evidence to support his position, and if he didn’t he wouldn’t be going out of his way to make such a strong statement.
Clearly “thinks” he does yes....as do many other people apparently 

Last edited by a moderator:
well, there you go. The fact that child services removed the child from the home is evidence enough.
I don't know if he did it or not but being a foster parent of 12 years.  A lot of the kids I've taken in, it is beyond ridiculous they were put in foster care to begin with.   CPS need to stop giving incentives to case workers for getting the kids in the systems.

CPS is beyond corrupt and broken and probably needs to be scrapped.  And the last statement shows truly how ignorant some people are!

ChuckLiddell said:
I respect you very much as a poster in these forums.  I know there is a lot that we dont know in this case, but based upon what we do know, what do you personally think the chances are the Hill did not break this child's arm?  5%?  What do you think the chances are that if he didnt break it, he is not covering for someone who did?  1%?  I personally dont think the answer to my second question is even as high as 1%, but I am curious as to what you think, or anyone else who wants to play.

My opinion - less than a 3% chance that he didnt do it, and less than a 1% chance that if he didnt do it that he is not covering up for someone who did.  I know its not 100%, but if RG agrees with my opinion, Hill is getting a long vacation.
Less than 4.31%, IMO

If he did do wrong then he deserves the punishment given.

I'm hoping he didn't because he is one of the really exciting players we have seen. His speed on a whole other level than the rest of the NFL.

Are you purposely being obtuse just because this guy plays for your favorite team? 

The kid doesn’t “just have a broken arm”. Kids break bones all the time. I broke my leg as a kid and guess what? I was not taken away from my parents. CS thinks it’s pretty likely this was not an accident and since he was taken away from his home, it follows that some one thinks that one of the parents did something bad.

That alone should tell you something at least, but keep burying your head in the sand.

Sure I’ll grant you that we can not be positive that it was Hill, but any intelligent non-fanboy has to admit that it’s at least likely he did it. 

Are you purposely being obtuse just because this guy plays for your favorite team? 

The kid doesn’t “just have a broken arm”. Kids break bones all the time. I broke my leg as a kid and guess what? I was not taken away from my parents. CS thinks it’s pretty likely this was not an accident and since he was taken away from his home, it follows that some one thinks that one of the parents did something bad.

That alone should tell you something at least, but keep burying your head in the sand.

Sure I’ll grant you that we can not be positive that it was Hill, but any intelligent non-fanboy has to admit that it’s at least likely he did it. 
Not too mention, word around the campfire is he not only had a spiral fracture of that arm but welts and bruises all over his body as well. Guarantee they know exactly what happened and who did it. Proving it is a different story when the family’s circling the wagon. 

Not too mention, word around the campfire is he not only had a spiral fracture of that arm but welts and bruises all over his body as well. Guarantee they know exactly what happened and who did it. Proving it is a different story when the family’s circling the wagon. 
That is news I have not heard!  This joins the AP level of child raising skills.  If this is accurate info, he is looking at more than a few games from Judge Goodell 

That is news I have not heard!  This joins the AP level of child raising skills.  If this is accurate info, he is looking at more than a few games from Judge Goodell 
Rumor of course but from someone who has reported on a number of items that have come out as true but again that they can’t prove who did it. Obviously from the DAs statement they are convinced it was from abuse and not normal three year old bumps and bruises. They’ve seen enough that they can tell the difference. 

I would say the same thing for anybody in this situation....I know some of you are taking the tone and context of what I am saying and making it sound like I am defending Hill....I am not.....I wouldn’t even know what I was defending if I was.....I don’t know what he did or didn’t do....so I wouldn’t know what to defend...

with that said....

As it stands now for Hill (nobody else, including his child, just Hill).... technically, the only thing that has really changed from this time last year to now is his kid has been temporarily removed from his custody......

Users who are viewing this thread