Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

If only humans were capable of reading between the lines on this. I can't believe someone has the nerve to lament the fact that they got burned trading for this guy. What rock were people living under?

If you wake up in the morning and there is snow on the ground, you can conclude it snowed during the night even though you weren't there to see it. It's not a perfect analogy but I honestly don't know what people were thinking making moves for this guy. I guess now people that were *really* holding out can buy him even cheaper.

In other news almost any WR that gets drafted by KC is in play for the 1.01.

Edited by barackdhouse
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It was a very weak banning but I’ve done my time and I’m ready to move on. Hopefully the irony of banning someone for defending themselves over the course of t

You just fractured his ankle

Tyreek: "Cherished Crystal. Thou knowest I had rather a thousand ruffians accost me than I harm the babe. The wheels of injustice turn unabated." Crystal:"Forsooth, my dove. I alone bear the blam

5 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

After removal of the child I have been warning people to stay away.  Removing a child is not normal and only happens in severe cases. 

After listening to that audio I did not find it that bad.  Th removal of the child is way worse than what I heard.  child services would have had more evidence than that to go on to remove the child from their care.

The worst part of that audio for Hill is the attention it is now getting.

No the worst part is that he is guilty AF and everyone now knows it and can't deny it. With the possible exception of whether this thing is fabricated somehow. Not buying it, though. But yeah *technically*.

1 minute ago, GroveDiesel said:

The prosecutor already stated that a crime was clearly committed but they couldn't prove who did it. But if they know it was one of the parents but can't prove which one, child services can still remove the child from the home since they know one of the abusers lives there.

I work for child services and know how it works.  That is why i warned against anyone buying Hill.  I stated this was worst case scenario from T. Hill perspective and child services.  

I broke it all down in this thread.  I recommend reading it all to understand child services perspective.

26 minutes ago, pbandy1 said:

can any legal people chime in - how does this audio work as evidence if they want to send him to jail?

I'm assuming at this point Crystal Espinal will work with the authorities.

Curious as well, seems like she will also have to plead to a lessor charge of some sort since on this tape she is admitting to lying to prosecutors and covering for him. What would be the chain of custody on this tape, is it even admittable as some sort of evidence?

I would guess NFL exempt list and cut by KC assuming this recording is legit. Not sure what he would have to do in order to make it back into the league. I imagine let the authorities work it out, serve whatever time he has too whether that is none, a year, 2 years, whatever and then complete some mandatory counseling for a while before being considered back in the league. Assuming he can keep his nose clean the rest of that time.

2 minutes ago, pbandy1 said:

I found the audio pretty bad - not only did Hill abuse his child, but he would still probably beat the **** out of his fiance.

the thing i am responding to is the fact that everyone knew the child was removed from him and this tape came out.

Just based on the tape, I did not find it that bad.  I was saying this was mild compared to the evidence known by child services to remove his child.

1 minute ago, barackdhouse said:

No the worst part is that he is guilty AF and everyone now knows it and can't deny it. With the possible exception of whether this thing is fabricated somehow. Not buying it, though. But yeah *technically*.

You are coming after the wrong person.  I was warning against him before.  I don't want to repeat again, but child services had way more on him than this to remove his child especially since they act on clear and convincing evidence, when my state only needs preponderance of the evidence. 

2 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

the thing i am responding to is the fact that everyone knew the child was removed from him and this tape came out.

Just based on the tape, I did not find it that bad.  I was saying this was mild compared to the evidence known by child services to remove his child.

OK, Gotcha.

11 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

Just based on the tape, I did not find it that bad. 

How much worse can it be than the kid saying dad abuses him, the abuse being a regular occurrence beyond just the broken arm, him threatening Espinal if she doesn't keep quiet, and her admitting that she lied to cover up his guilt in breaking the kid's arm?

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1
30 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

Sorry man.  I know he's got issues, but the NFL has a long list of talented guys who still play despite terrible decisions.  Give it a year, a team will sign him, and we will all be drafting him in fantasy again.  It's reality.

I don't think a team will have a chance.  I think he gets banned from the league.

• Like 1
Just now, FreeBaGeL said:

How much worse can it be than the kid saying dad abuses him, the abuse being a regular occurrence beyond just the broken arm, him threatening Espinal if she doesn't keep quiet, and her admitting that she lied to cover up his guilt in breaking the kid's arm?

I think you are basing it off something different than me.

First off, I said when he child was removed this was bad news.  When we remove children this it the last case scenario which means suspected physical abuse was likely the case since we heard the child's arm was broken.  At least we suspect someone in the household broke the child's arm and no one would confess.

I am saying child services had way more evidence to go on to remove the child and the reason this story is big is because it is gaining traction which now should affect his FF value.

30 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

The worst part of that audio for Hill is the attention it is now getting.

The worst part of that audio for Hill is what Hill said to another human being on that audio.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, caustic said:

"Which you do when he starts crying. What do you do? You make him open up his arms & you punch him in the chest."

6:24 PM · Apr 25, 2019

W...T...F...

This made me throw up in my mouth.

And I traded Julio and Cook for this POS last year. 

9 minutes ago, Andrew74 said:

W...T...F...

This made me throw up in my mouth.

And I traded Julio and Cook for this POS last year. 

Traded Evans and Cook prior to week 1 last year for him... oh well....good thing it is only magic football. Dude has demons. I hope they get this kid out of his reach. Selfishly bummed for football though, Mahomes and him could have made a lot highlights. 

17 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

Traded Evans and Cook prior to week 1 last year for him... oh well....good thing it is only magic football. Dude has demons. I hope they get this kid out of his reach. Selfishly bummed for football though, Mahomes and him could have made a lot highlights. 

They were the perfect match......but the kid def comes first. #### Tyreek. 

11 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

I’m just hearing this. Where did the audio tape come from? Hate to say I’m happy but I am. Feel terrible for the poor child but atleast now this POS won’t get off scot free.

Supposedly the story is the wife secretly recorded it back in March and sent it to a friend as an “insurance policy.” Said unknown friend shared it with others, one of whom has now sent it to the news.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Buckna said:

Supposedly the story is the wife secretly recorded it back in March and sent it to a friend as an “insurance policy.” Said unknown friend shared it with others, one of whom has now sent it to the news.

Girlfriend admits to lying to the DA and CPS. Wonder if she rolls on him now or if she doubles down and says it was all bull.

30 minutes ago, zeeshan2 said:

[Derrick]The Chiefs have suspended WR Tyreek Hill from team activities.

https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/1121630312092405760

Well I guess he didn't lie to the chiefs, so no release. The chiefs always keep their word, gotta respect that.

Edited by voiceofunreason
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Was really hoping the guy wasn’t that bad of a person. Could have had the 1.1 straight up for him but sort of have a win now team and don’t love anyone in this class so declined it and the other owner wouldn’t go up more. Don’t know how long a possible prison sentence would be for him but I don’t think it matters if the chiefs cut him right now or not, he’s not playing anytime soon.

Wonder if there is any remorse or regret or realization on Hill’s end. From beating his pregnant girlfriend....becoming an NFL superstar....*essentially being “forgiven” by the public for his prior horrific incident...being on the brink of being the highest paid at his position...to now where he may never step foot on the field again...

*By forgiven I mean if he continued on the straight path he would have continued to be embraced and cheered on by the many fans and financially rewarded. I am sure there are still a number of people who may have always looked at him in a negative light.

It is unfortunate in a lot of regards. What he did to his girlfriend was awful. But in a lot of ways I always hope that someone who makes a terrible decision can reform and change for the better. As the years passed I found myself rooting for him as in the back of my mind I thought he may be a changed man. It is a full circle story that does not have a happy ending. This will rightfully so put character at a higher pedestal when teams are drafting. Makes me think about Joe Mixon again. Has he reformed or is he a ticking time bomb waiting to go off again?

It also makes me wonder what the NFL is doing as far as guidance and consultation. These are young kids coming into a lot of money and many of them come from awful upbringings (not an excuse for awful behavior btw). They could benefit from periodic consulting and counseling I would imagine. It seems like teams would benefit by having these people on staff not only to potentially spot warning signs but help these young people (many of which don’t have strong role models in their lives) grow and become good men.

Bottomline is I hope the kid can escape the abuse and find someone who will care for him. From afar it seems like both his parents have other agendas.

What a shame we have to talk around the real problems we have out there.  I will try and talk in a matter where I don't get in trouble.

I'm betting Hill came from a broken home only raised by his mom or grandma.  So he grew up without any male guidance. 

I better leave it at that. Other than seeing what I can find about his father.

I did find this...

He was raised by his grandparents, their last name was Hill.

Edited by ZenoRazon

While not responsible for Hill directly, I think the Chiefs and NFL should sponsor in trust the care of his son going forward. Don’t let his mother or father have access to a dime. There is a strong likelihood that this boy and his unborn siblings now grow up in a low income and dysfunctional home. The boy shouldn’t suffer because someone cared enough about him to release the truth about his abuse from both parents (emotional and physical).

• Like 2

https://www.kctv5.com/news/investigations/kctv-obtains-recording-of-tyreek-hill-and-crystal-espinal-discussing/article_16991194-67ad-11e9-98f9-c7214b78938f.html

I don’t personally have any experience knowing someone raised like this, but this is heartbreaking to imagine a child REPEATEDLY abused like this. Hill should go to prison and I understand he’s probably a tough dude as a world class athlete but I don’t think inmates take kindly to child beaters.

I hope that that child finds himself in a home with parents that can maybe undo some of that harm.

2 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

People were actually giving SIGNIFICANT pieces to obtain him up until this week. 

I cant even figure out where to begin

Yep. Especially after the DA decided to not charge him. Was asked if I was interested in him last night. Said I'd roster Stephen Hill before Tyreek Hill ever sees my team again.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, fruity pebbles said:

Have to say she’s a POS too. Sounds like she also beats her kid and was willing to put his safety and well being behind a big payday.

I didn't listen to audio but have to consider that she's afraid of additional abuse too so her actions could be influenced by that.