What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (3 Viewers)

Also, the DA should charge him regardless. 

Who cares if u lose, u try regardless to smear this loser's name as much as possible

Also, methinks ud win

First and foremost, this is a horrible situation all around.  This kid, and the two unborn twins who will now grow up in this situation.  Devastating. 

While this is a FF site, though, I did have an "open offer" of a second round pick for him up until yesterday.  The guy never wanted it.  Even today saying that if Hunt and Peterson can play again, so can an only 25 year old Hill who runs a 4.2.  This one just feels different in terms of an NFL suspension. 

First and foremost, this is a horrible situation all around.  This kid, and the two unborn twins who will now grow up in this situation.  Devastating. 

While this is a FF site, though, I did have an "open offer" of a second round pick for him up until yesterday.  The guy never wanted it.  Even today saying that if Hunt and Peterson can play again, so can an only 25 year old Hill who runs a 4.2.  This one just feels different in terms of an NFL suspension. 
If I was willing to roster him I’d prolly still take him over a 2nd. That said this seems much worse than AP or Hunt. Could make a rehabilitation case for either of them. Given his past and now present,  Hill is a legit monster.

its really not much different than the AP thing, 

@cobalt_27 are you happy Tyreek beat his child so you can come in here and beat your chest about being right or do you wish your were wrong and the child had just fallen and broken his arm?

@cobalt_27 are you happy Tyreek beat his child so you can come in here and beat your chest about being right or do you wish your were wrong and the child had just fallen and broken his arm?
No.  I’m actually pissed off and saddened that you deliberately ignored and minimized all of the signs of child abuse.  Kids are damaged when adults look the other way.  And my hope is this is a lesson for you in the future, but judging from the tone of your post, looks like you have learned nothing.

We have a child being beat, a mother being terrorized, and just lost the best WR/QB duo the league has seen since Moss/Brady.

By all means boys pound your chests.

Most of us already knew he did it. It's good there's some proof so he's out of the league and hopefully doesn't get his son back.

No.  I’m actually pissed off and saddened that you deliberately ignored and minimized all of the signs of child abuse.  Kids are damaged when adults look the other way.  And my hope is this is a lesson for you in the future, but judging from the tone of your post, looks like you have learned nothing.
Waiting for facts to come out is not deliberately ignoring anything. You just want to pick a fight.

Cool deflect, bro.

You can't really think that anyone in here is happy that Tyreek beats his son and broke his arm just so they would be viewed as "right".  If you do, that is super warped.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not happy that what I thought was true was actually true.  I was actually hoping for the opposite.  What I am happy about is that he's not going to get away with it.

cobalt_27 are you happy you were right?
What a sad question...that could only be asked by someone who for days was insensitive to the needs of an abused kid and went literally to “meteor[ic]” lengths to defend the child abuser.

For the record, emphatic no to your question.  

How you ####### ever consider punching a three year old in the chest is beyond me.  He threatens his fiancé that she should be terrified of him too, essentially acknowledging that his child is. The fact that he (likely) broke his kids arm is just the icing on the POS sundae.  All of this being in the wake of his “second chance” following his disgusting actions before entering the NFL.  If the League doesn’t ban him for life, it will be not only surprising but extremely disappointing.  

Jesus, in my mind, simply spanking a three year old is bad enough. They don’t know why you’re hitting them, just know they’re being beaten. Add to that a belt, punching him in the chest and ultimately breaking his arm. There were rumors that the young boy had bruises and welts of various states of healing all over his body, in addition to the arm. Certainly appears to be likely.

Really?  Seems 100x worse in every way
It's a lot worse for many reasons.

If I recall AP never denied it and in fact almost seemed like the last person to know you are not supposed to discipline your kid like that.

In this case we got a repeat offender, who apparently was far more abusive then just taking a switch to his child, who fully knows he did something wrong to the point he conspired to hide the crime and the cherry on top is that he continues to threaten the person he beat and choked years ago even after going through treatment and counseling.

I don't think he ever plays again but with 1 or 2  years of of PR and time along with game changing talent I won't say it's impossible if he gets back in the league but we always discuss the impact of video and we might have just got presented something worse then video.  In the annals of NFL scumbag history this might play worse to the public persona then anyone other then Rae Carruth. I don't think even a murderer like Aaron Hernandez was this reviled.  I'm trying to picture how a team can sale signing him in a year or two and really struggling to do so.

Child services remove children only as a precaution. 

Highlight of the thread. 

Get well, kid. May your father rot in hell
Players like Hill are a prime reason I never get personally invested into pro athletes.  None of us know the real person.  I used to think Miguel Cabrera was the nicest ,real good guy, family man type of pro athlete.  Turns out Cabrera is not a good guy at all..quite the opposite.

Disappointing that the Chiefs haven't already released him.
Agree. Was hoping they would come out strong this morning and be done with this guy, but it typical Chiefs fashion they are being the Chiefs.

Really, really starting to hate my beloved, longtime team. And too bad, because Mahomes is the type of guy you want on your team and just exudes class. But even he may not be enough to keep me on my hometown team.

The recording is not a good look at all.  

IMO Chiefs are going to have to cut ties soon.  It is a shame.  IMO Tyreek is going to be out of the NFL for a year (I would think) one way or the other.  Then we will see.  This isn't a career killer (as bad as it seems right now). 

FF wise: Undraftable in redraft. Dynasty, I think he is a stash. He will play again and when he does...   

The recording is not a good look at all.  

IMO Chiefs are going to have to cut ties soon.  It is a shame.  IMO Tyreek is going to be out of the NFL for a year (I would think) one way or the other.  Then we will see.  This isn't a career killer (as bad as it seems right now). 

FF wise: Undraftable in redraft. Dynasty, I think he is a stash. He will play again and when he does...   
He’s not playing another down again. Ever. 

He’s not playing another down again. Ever. 
We will find out in time.  This isn't the first case of child abuse the league has dealt with.  In the court systems, crimes involving parental authority is treated differently than standard crimes.  Ruining Tyreek Hill isn't exactly doing the child any favors either. 

IMO Whatever happens, it will be what is in the best interests of the child first and foremost.  I don't think a permanent ban from football is going to be that for Tyreek. My guess is suspension, counseling, therapy and some kind of probation with check points. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. If you look on Twitter (search tyreek hill) it seems almost all major outlets and reporters are BLASTING hill and saying he should never play again. 

Never seen this before

We will find out in time.  This isn't the first case of child abuse the league has dealt with.  In the court systems, crimes involving parental authority is treated differently than standard crimes.  Ruining Tyreek Hill isn't exactly doing the child any favors either. 

IMO Whatever happens, it will be what is in the best interests of the child first and foremost.  I don't think a permanent ban from football is going to be that for Tyreek. My guess is suspension, counseling, therapy and some kind of probation with check points. 
You may not help Tyreek's child by banning him, but the message it sends may help to prevent such grizzly acts from occurring again.  

Chiefs have two late 2nds.....plenty of WRs to get, they could move up even...Metcalf, Brown, Butler etc....

They should cut their losses with this jackass and move on.....

Users who are viewing this thread