What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (8 Viewers)

Maybe, but there could be A LOT more to the story here that we just don't know.  She's a victim in all of this too.  Maybe not a completely innocent one, but one none the less. 
But it doesn’t matter what we know....we are supposed to pass judgment without all the details....

If (when) he gets suspended, can I put him on IR in FFPC? The rules are a little vague...

"Injured Reserve. A player that is Suspended or Out for the week cannot be placed on FFPC Injured Reserve."

i can read that as "Suspended, or Out for the Week" or "Suspended (for the week) or Out for the week". 

I've only played FFPC for 1 year so don’t know the answer.  Help appreciated. 

Either way, I’m not dropping him unless he gets sent to jail for > year. 

If (when) he gets suspended, can I put him on IR in FFPC? The rules are a little vague...

"Injured Reserve. A player that is Suspended or Out for the week cannot be placed on FFPC Injured Reserve."

i can read that as "Suspended, or Out for the Week" or "Suspended (for the week) or Out for the week". 

I've only played FFPC for 1 year so don’t know the answer.  Help appreciated. 

Either way, I’m not dropping him unless he gets sent to jail for > year. 
no you cannot

The Chiefs may need to hire some different personnel to evaluate the players that they are bringing in.  It seems they are great on evaluating football talent but don't consider character at all.  

I love the FF player, but have no respect for the man.

Seems he's as dumb as he is fast.

It's been a fun ride 'Reek, but you had a second chance and you blew it.

I'm still not accepting those 2.10 rookie pick lowball offers though on the off chance that he plays again.
He has some major issues that need to be addressed. Hard to believe KC was preparing to give him a huge contract.

I picked him up as a FA as a rookie after reading some things during training camp. I have him in probably 80% of my leagues. I'm not trading him for the low ball offers either. I just plan to ride it out and see what happens down the road. 

I want to come in and talk about presumptions of innocence and all that, but this sounds way too egregious for kvetching about proceduralisms -- this is a message board, not a courtroom. Hill has had issues before, and this is just an awful story for the child and for football fans in general and fans of Hill and his second chance (I count myself among them -- no longer).

Thoughts again for the child and in hopes that Hill and his child's mother find peace in their lives. Football is secondary now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a MVS, Marvin Jones and a 6th round pick offer for him yesterday. I passed.I'd pass for a late second. I'd consider something in the high second but would probably need to be real high to get me to consider it.

I really have no idea if he'll ever play again. I don't put any stock in any of the absolute proclamations that he will or won't ever play again that are being thrown out.  This is as much a mix of talent and despicable behavior rolled into one situation as we've seen. But if I can't get back a tangible asset I'd rather just hold. I've held onto Josh Gordon for years on small FFPC rosters and for contending teams. Yes that was a mistake and I put a lot of value on a roster spot but if you really want to carve out a spot to wait on someone you can and in this case I will.

I think I did well......here is another in a similar league:

Team Ramrod gave up Fuller, Will HOU WR; Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team Ramrod

Turf Wars gave up Hill, Tyreek KCC WR

I got a MVS, Marvin Jones and a 6th round pick offer for him yesterday. I passed.I'd pass for a late second. I'd consider something in the high second but would probably need to be real high to get me to consider it.

I really have no idea if he'll ever play again. I don't put any stock in any of the absolute proclamations that he will or won't ever play again that are being thrown out.  This is as much a mix of talent and despicable behavior rolled into one situation as we've seen. But if I can't get back a tangible asset I'd rather just hold. I've held onto Josh Gordon for years on small FFPC rosters and for contending teams. Yes that was a mistake and I put a lot of value on a roster spot but if you really want to carve out a spot to wait on someone you can and in this case I will.
ive been one of his biggest detractors but I too would probably hold at this point for anything less than future 1st value. a 2nd, id rather just take my chances.

on the topic, some of you may remember i said i offered mike evans + 2019 1st and 2020 1st for Tyreek Hill about 2mos ago?

he txt'd me back with a "lol"... which shocked me, but ok. anyways, yesterday i sent the guy (a good friend) a smile emoji.

his response: "I'll take your 1st", to which i replied with an "lol"

i guess the universe decided i was punished enough for gordon

on the topic, some of you may remember i said i offered mike evans + 2019 1st and 2020 1st for Tyreek Hill about 2mos ago?

he txt'd me back with a "lol"... which shocked me, but ok. anyways, yesterday i sent the guy (a good friend) a smile emoji.

Talk about kicking yourself. I'd have taken that offer before all this went down.

Talk about kicking yourself. I'd have taken that offer before all this went down.
im the type of owner (probably for the worst) who ALWAYS overpays to get a deal done, and offers my absolute best offer right off the bat. i spend too much time negotiating in my real job to want to have to bother w it in fantasy.

i was literally 100% sure he would click accept instantly. when he "lol"d me i had to ask if he read the offer properly. anyways, i paid a bit less and got OBJ once he went to CLE, so the universe had my back once again. 

Dr. Dan said:
I'm not sure hes done forever. There hasnt been a single player, that I am aware of, who did something terrible in their prime and didnt get another shot. 

Vick went to prison and still came back... 

IMO he should be, but unfortunately the NFL is a business and Hill makes the business owners lots of money 
He's not done

Soulfly3 said:

Corey Davis, 1.3, 1.7, 1.8 for Hill, 2.3, 2020 1st. lucked out thay he loves Hill and declined 

If (when) he gets suspended, 
Don't know about FFPC, but I' am sure now as I was a week ago that he will be suspended. I was saying it could be as little as 1 game a week ago. But now, it has the possibility of being way more than that. When (if) KC cuts him, will any team pick him up?

In a 16 team, start 2QB league I sold Hill for the 1.01 about a month ago. At the time another owner called the trade a panic sell. 

The owner buying Hill was certainly aware of the potential suspension (and as he is in the midst of a long term rebuild the potential for a suspension was considered a “good” problem).  

Obviously I’m very happy to now have Kyler Murray on my roster but for the sake of the other owner I hope Hill isn’t an Aaron Hernandez level bad guy.  Doesn’t look good though.

In a 16 team, start 2QB league I sold Hill for the 1.01 about a month ago. At the time another owner called the trade a panic sell. 

The owner buying Hill was certainly aware of the potential suspension (and as he is in the midst of a long term rebuild the potential for a suspension was considered a “good” problem).  

Obviously I’m very happy to now have Kyler Murray on my roster but for the sake of the other owner I hope Hill isn’t an Aaron Hernandez level bad guy.  Doesn’t look good though.
Everyone knew there was some risk involved when drafting/acquiring Hill because of his history of violence. Is he Aaron Hernandez bad? No, not yet, and I believe that perhaps with some serious help it is possible he rehabilitates himself. If he can get to the bottom of why he is so angry, it is possible he is able to regain a role in his three children's lives. Football? Eh. That's an afterthought at this point, but it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't see the field this season. Catching this before it spiraled into something worse than a broken arm is not a terrible thing IMO.

I’m beginning to think the best outcome is for Roger to just put Hill on the Commissioner’s Exempt List indefinitely and let him sit there. Hill can still get paid but can’t play, the investigation / court case could play out, Hill could make some PR attempt to go for counseling therapy, if convicted of a crime he could serve his time, and don’t let another team sign him. 

After all that, then the league can decide if he has changed, if they want to suspend him, and how they want to proceed. If they want to be nice, maybe they say KC gets him back for the last year of his contract like they have him for now. 

In the mean time, law enforcement and social services can continue their investigation and see what else has been going on. If Hill comes out and admits to something or having an anger management issue, that might be a start in terms of him getting back on the field at some point. 

I’m beginning to think the best outcome is for Roger to just put Hill on the Commissioner’s Exempt List indefinitely and let him sit there. Hill can still get paid but can’t play, the investigation / court case could play out, Hill could make some PR attempt to go for counseling therapy, if convicted of a crime he could serve his time, and don’t let another team sign him. 

After all that, then the league can decide if he has changed, if they want to suspend him, and how they want to proceed. If they want to be nice, maybe they say KC gets him back for the last year of his contract like they have him for now. 

In the mean time, law enforcement and social services can continue their investigation and see what else has been going on. If Hill comes out and admits to something or having an anger management issue, that might be a start in terms of him getting back on the field at some point. 
If this were the first incident I would agree wholeheartedly. 

I’m beginning to think the best outcome is for Roger to just put Hill on the Commissioner’s Exempt List indefinitely and let him sit there.
Has anyone ever been placed on that list during the off-season? Seems unnecessary to me, that tool seems reserved for when something boils over in-season and they need the problem to go away while things sort themselves out.  If the NFL and KC are going to wait until the investigation/legal proceedings conclude, and if that in fact somehow stretches out 3-4 months into camp/season, then I think you'll see him put on the commissioner exempt list at that time.

Soulfly3 said:

lol

He's not done
Maybe it's because I don't watch TV and really am not following much media these days so I'm not influenced by whatever end of the world hype the shouting heads on ESPN are making this out to be - my entire understanding of the Tyreek issue literally is from the Shark Pool - but I'm kind of surprised that if there was a poll of "Will T Hill play in the NFL again?" based on the tenor of this thread it would be 80% NO.

As an owner, I'm totally writing off 2019. But 2020? After a one-year suspension, or super-secret Goodell exemption list probation that AP got, he'll be playing again. Maybe it's 8 game suspension tops in 2020. You're talking 1.5 years after the news broke. Any legal proceedings should have wrapped up by then, dues paid. People will have moved on. (This assumes legally he sees no jail time obviously.)

I think people trading for future 2020 picks is a smart play. You don't even give up an 2019 value. I mean I personally wouldn't at this point just because, well, yuck, he's basically a POS and I'd trade for any decent 2019 value, but if you are a cold Belichickian type, deal for 2020 picks.

Maybe it's because I don't watch TV and really am not following much media these days so I'm not influenced by whatever end of the world hype the shouting heads on ESPN are making this out to be - my entire understanding of the Tyreek issue literally is from the Shark Pool - but I'm kind of surprised that if there was a poll of "Will T Hill play in the NFL again?" based on the tenor of this thread it would be 80% NO.

As an owner, I'm totally writing off 2019. But 2020? After a one-year suspension, or super-secret Goodell exemption list probation that AP got, he'll be playing again. Maybe it's 8 game suspension tops in 2020. You're talking 1.5 years after the news broke. Any legal proceedings should have wrapped up by then, dues paid. People will have moved on. (This assumes legally he sees no jail time obviously.)

I think people trading for future 2020 picks is a smart play. You don't even give up an 2019 value. I mean I personally wouldn't at this point just because, well, yuck, he's basically a POS and I'd trade for any decent 2019 value, but if you are a cold Belichickian type, deal for 2020 picks.
So let's say the truth comes out, and it's horrific. He does require his son to open his arms so he can punch him in his chest, he broke the boy's arm, and who knows what else, but it's bad. Really bad. IF Goodell allows him to play again, you think teams will be willing to take the PR hit signing him entails? He may go the route of Ray Rice, out of sight, out of mind. Or will he go the Michael Vick route, from despised, to grudgingly not liking he was back in the game, to forgiveness?

So let's say the truth comes out, and it's horrific. He does require his son to open his arms so he can punch him in his chest, he broke the boy's arm, and who knows what else, but it's bad. Really bad. IF Goodell allows him to play again, you think teams will be willing to take the PR hit signing him entails? He may go the route of Ray Rice, out of sight, out of mind. Or will he go the Michael Vick route, from despised, to grudgingly not liking he was back in the game, to forgiveness?
Well the whole "truth comes out" is the rub. Sadly, I'm not sure there will ever be definitive truth told. It'll be in the eye of the beholder. And in the eye of a team owner in July 2020, it's going to be "Well, he seems contrite, and it's a bit of coin flip whether he really ever did anything that bad, we can't be sure, and even if he did my dad gave me the belt and I turned out ok, and, he sounds like he learned whatever lesson he needed to learn, and well, he's really fast so ....."

I think he ends up being in more of the Vick camp. His game changing ability is more Vick than Ray Rice. Talent always has, and always will, trump a bad PR hit.

I think if he is a perfect saint from this point on, he will play again (barring a lengthy prison sentence of course).

Say he doesn't go to prison and never does anything wrong again.  I say he plays.

Thing is, the odds he is a perfect saint from here on out is zero.  People can change, but he would have to change so much that I would say it next to impossible.  If anything his behavior will probably be worse now.

I think he ends up being in more of the Vick camp. 
I cant compare Vick to Hill.  Hill is just so much worse in terms of who he is and who he always will be.

Vick did terrible stuff, but it just isnt the same as Hill.  There is recovery from Vicks behaviors.  Hill??? Good luck

If you play fantasy football mostly for fun, would you have fun rooting for this guy to succeed?  Not me.  I know there is money on the line and if this is purely for business, thats different.  But for me, no fun rooting for scum of the earth to succeed and make tens of millions of dollars playing a game that should be a privilege. 

Not only would he be taking a great job  from someone else who is undoubtedly more worthy as a person, but from a FFB perspective he is going to burn a valuable roster spot for at least a year if not more and then may not find any teams willing to use a roster spot on such a horrific person.  Is the upside of a few highlight reel plays worth the incredible PR hit that would come from employing someone who belongs in a prison cell with a guy named Butch who thinks he has a pretty smile?  Does he deserve one of the most sought after and desired jobs in the world?  Even if Roger allows it, I dont think its a given that he will be back because I dont think his upside merits his downside (I realize that may sound naive to some, but I dont think it is), and if he does come back its definitely not a given that he doesnt screw it up again.  Fool me once, fool me twice...you think the NFL wants to be fooled again?

I contend that he is done, but even if he isnt I would not personally want anything to do with him on any of my teams unless it was purely to hold and flip - which is a risky proposition in my leagues, where roster spots are so valuable.  That strategy did not pay off with Justin Blackmon or Martavis Bryant, and insterad was crippling to those who wasted a spot on them for a year+. 

I dont see how anyone could ever find joy in watching him succeed at anything other than rehabilitating himself into a normal non-psychotic human being, but to each his own.

Source: NFL may put Tyreek Hill on exempt list this week https://t.co/u59nST8UuG

- ESPN, retweeted by Schefter
For the people wondering why the NFL hasn't done anything yet, or why the chiefs haven't done anything yet, relax.  Its April, and both the Chiefs and the league have been rather busy lately.

They will take care of it soon enough.  If there was a game yesterday he wouldnt have been playing.

will be cut, miss the whole season on exempt list, get help, sign in 2020 off-season... officially suspended for 8 games.

Wash and repeat, mark it

Users who are viewing this thread