What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (4 Viewers)

both the audio and the text message feel staged.

"Why did you do this?"

"Why did YOU do this?"

most probable scenario is neither is found guilty, the child is placed with extended family or foster care, and Hill is out of football for a year only to come back to the league with a bunch of empty platitudes about learning his lesson, respect for people, I re-evaluated myself, blah, blah, blah.

but we keep having these Mike Vick, Adrian Peterson situations don't we?

league probably needs a death penalty provision at this point.

They still don’t know what actually happened.....precautionary.....till they figure it out.....still could be Hill did nothing (arm)
They know the child was abused.They know either Hill did it or his fiancee did it and Hill didn't report it.  Every kid with a broken arm doesn't get removed from their parents home for precautionary reasons.  On top of that, the audio documents verbal abuse and communication of a threat.

so pretty much the people involved are doing what we would expect them to do......wait till it’s vetted out and then make kind of big decisions when they need too instead of snap decisions when information is still being  discovered almost every day.....crazy concept huh....
No one thinks any differently than this. People speculated and discussed what they think WILL happen and what they think DID happen. No one wants him punished before all the information is collected and assessed. Some here just think it’s starting to look bad for him based on the mounds and mounds of real and circumstantial evidence we’ve seen so far and some people want to stick their heads in the sand because he’s on their fantasy teams or plays for their favorite NFL team.

Please stop acting like you’re the only one that wants a case built against him before any action takes place - as if you’re the only level headed person in here. Because frankly you come across as some one that’s desperate not to lose Hill instead of some one that’s able to look at it objectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool...so why do you think the people that do this for a living haven’t done it yet....

1. do you think the other 31 teams would do it

2. So twice in your response you mention conclusion of investigation.....so not RIGHT NOW 

got it

so pretty much the people involved are doing what we would expect them to do......wait till it’s vetted out and then make kind of big decisions when they need too instead of snap decisions when information is still being  discovered almost every day.....crazy concept huh....
1. You asked if I was the owner of the Chiefs what I'd do right now...moving goal post a little bit here now.  Chiefs owner shouldn't care about 31 other teams...just the Chiefs no?

2.  Again asked if Roger/NFL what I'd do.  Is he on the exempt list? 

Either he abused the child or is complicit in the abuse of the child.  Actions of this caliber are valid right now given the information already available.  

Just for fun...

1. If you were the owners of the Chiefs what would you do RIGHT NOW with Hill?

2. If you were Roger/NFL what would you do RIGHT NOW with Hill?
1. Exactly what they are doing which is put out PR statement saying you are appalled, will do the right thing, etc, etc.  Suspend him from team activities and hope like heck things work out for him enough to be able to stand any blowback for retaining him.

2. Exactly what they are doing. Opening up an investigation which is only thing they need to do since no games are being played no hurry to suspend and no need to utilize the exempt list.

Just because the mob cries for quick justice is not a reason to do anything when there is no reason to not let due process play out.

Stinkin Ref said:
So believe what she says in a conversation that she has pre planned to record.....but ignore/don’t believe the texts .....

sounds reasonable to me...

Read what I said.  He could do just that.  Goodell holds all the cards.  Hill has to overcome a DV incident from before and there has been the child removed from his care entirely.  No one has made the business case why Hill has to be let back into the league.  The whole behavior/DV policy is about the league looking bad which they think costs them money.  The verbal threat alone in the recording is enough to suspend him considering the overall child abuse.  Goodell isn't about fairness or Hill's guilt or not he will protect the money.  

I've been tempted, due to my disgust and anger, to just drop him outright a number of times this offseason yet each time have failed to do so. I'm not confident about any possible outcome yet so I might as well wait as long as I can to make a decision to keep or drop. I'll likely be forced to do that prior to an official stance by the NFL just by the nature of league rules.

Stinkin Ref said:
So believe what she says in a conversation that she has pre planned to record.....but ignore/don’t believe the texts .....

sounds reasonable to me...

Did you really read those texts and feel that they were “real”? - meaning did that seem like the way people talk in text messages (especially after hearing Hill talk these last few years)? Did that sound like what you would imagine he’d sound like in a normal text conversation? Does that come across as genuine conversation via text messages? 

I’m sure you’ll say “I don’t know”, but try to make inferences and use logic instead of hiding behind that “no one really knows” shield. Do you ever have an opinion when you don’t really know 100% for sure?

Did you really read those texts and feel that they were “real”? - meaning did that seem like the way people talk in text messages (especially after hearing Hill talk these last few years)? Did that sound like what you would imagine he’d sound like in a normal text conversation? Does that come across as genuine conversation via text messages? 

I’m sure you’ll say “I don’t know”, but try to make inferences and use logic instead of hiding behind that “no one really knows” shield. Do you ever have an opinion when you don’t really know 100% for sure?
The report said the texts were ‘forensically verified” as being authentic....whatever that means....and again any person would know to write or text something that can be reproduced in a different manner than what would be said verbally (unless you knew you were being recorded)....I could easily see Hill being more “polite” or “educated” or whatever you want to say when commmunicating in any type of written form ....knowing that it could become part of an investigation....he may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but everybody knows what can happen with things “in writing/text”.....I believe that it was verified that these texts took place some time ago.....not just recently “after the fact” to try and make a cover up story when all hell broke loose.... I could be wrong tho...not sure of the dates on the text, but I thought I saw something about being back from when he returned from being out of the country which I believe was some time ago...

The report said the texts were ‘forensically verified” as being authentic....whatever that means....and again any person would know to write or text something that can be reproduced in a different manner than what would be said verbally (unless you knew you were being recorded)....I could easily see Hill being more “polite” or “educated” or whatever you want to say when commmunicating in any type of written form ....knowing that it could become part of an investigation....he may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but everybody knows what can happen with things “in writing/text”.....I believe that it was verified that these texts took place some time ago.....not just recently “after the fact” to try and make a cover up story when all hell broke loose.... I could be wrong tho...not sure of the dates on the text, but I thought I saw something about being back from when he returned from being out of the country which I believe was some time ago...
You didn’t answer the question - you just did your usual spin to defend Hill. 

Not defending Tyreek, but...

I'm in a point where I really don't think what Tyreek said was that serious. Yes, there's a previous incident of Tyreek, but it does not make him guilty now for anything. I know I'm gonna get hanged for this, but this is 2 people talking trash to each other and blaming and acting like 12 years old in school yard. The woman is saying that the kid is terrified of Tyreek and recording the conversation so she can use it against Tyreek and we should believe that is the whole truth? As this woman is the same woman who sent the tape to media, so she can get custody of the child and they didn't give it to her.  She could have said all those things just to make Tyreek look bad even if there's no truth to it. And here's the part where we all try make our own truth by speculating what has happened, when we don't know anything? Is the situation alarming, sure as hell it is and I feel for the kid. But more I read about the case, the less I want to know. Ban Tyreek for a year, ok with me, ban him for good, I really don't think so...

You didn’t answer the question - you just did your usual spin to defend Hill. 
Sorry....guess I wasn’t thinking about realiy answering any question was just spit balling....do I think the texts are real?....yeah I think they are real......were they written in some sort of way with a purpose or agenda behind them....sure.......I think that is the real question people want to way in on....were they written solely to try and “cover up” things so that Tyreek gets out of this somehow....or is there some truth in there somehwere.....at this point with how f’d up both of these adults appear to be, I’m not sure what to believe enough to really have an opinion.....things could change within the next hour....and it wouldn’t surprise anybody

He's got blinders on like I've never seen before on these boards.  Hill could come admit it tomorrow and fully admit it and Stinkin Ref would be here saying an alien took over his body and made him say that. 
My approach has been pretty consistent since the start.....just want to see things get vetted out....I guess playng guessing games and throwing out opinions based on speculation has never really been a part of my makeup.....and I guess maybe it bugs me a little when I see others do it before more details are actually confirmed....kind of a pet peeve or something...and for the record I do not play in any dynasty leagues and never have, so that spin on Hill means nothing to me....I am however probably the biggest Chiefs fan on this board and will admit that some of my responses have had an agenda to defend them when they are being called classless, etc....I don’t think that is the case at all....yeah they have had a few high profile bad apples recently so some some of it is deserved, but every organization has some some problem children at one point or another...once thi gets vetted out, I think the Chiefs will make the right decision at the right time.....I just hope the kid is ok and I hope the process takes care of the rest....

This morning I acquired Hill in Dynasty, so now I think he is totally innocent and won't even be suspended because his innocence is so profound. 

In all seriousness, I really hope the family gets the help they need, or it all works out with extended family taking over.  This story is sad, and its the kind of thing we should be hoping turns into a redemption story for the sake of the kid and family. 

This morning I acquired Hill in Dynasty, so now I think he is totally innocent and won't even be suspended because his innocence is so profound. 

In all seriousness, I really hope the family gets the help they need, or it all works out with extended family taking over.  This story is sad, and its the kind of thing we should be hoping turns into a redemption story for the sake of the kid and family. 
What did you pay?

Not defending Tyreek, but...

I'm in a point where I really don't think what Tyreek said was that serious. Yes, there's a previous incident of Tyreek, but it does not make him guilty now for anything. I know I'm gonna get hanged for this, but this is 2 people talking trash to each other and blaming and acting like 12 years old in school yard. The woman is saying that the kid is terrified of Tyreek and recording the conversation so she can use it against Tyreek and we should believe that is the whole truth? As this woman is the same woman who sent the tape to media, so she can get custody of the child and they didn't give it to her.  She could have said all those things just to make Tyreek look bad even if there's no truth to it. And here's the part where we all try make our own truth by speculating what has happened, when we don't know anything? Is the situation alarming, sure as hell it is and I feel for the kid. But more I read about the case, the less I want to know. Ban Tyreek for a year, ok with me, ban him for good, I really don't think so...
Yeah because "you should be terrified of me too, #####" is a totally reasonable response to someone saying you beat your son and he's terrified of you.

Hill will be playing for the Chiefs.   They learned their lesson from Hunt.   They are not cutting him so another team simply picks him up and plays him after the suspension.   The NFL is a business and winning is the goal.  Fans overlook a lot when their team is winning.  Anyone think the Browns lost any fans?

That tape is damning.  Ask yourself this - if in a heated argument your wife accused you of putting beatdowns on your kid when you’ve never touched him in anger, would your immediate response be that you’re going to bust her up too?  C’mon. This is a pretty bad guy.

The league is just letting the police do their work while they send out their own investigators.  Look at the damning evidence they pried loose on Elliott even though Elliott was never charged criminally.  I expect that the same thing might happen here - but now you’ve got a NFL star using both his wife and his kid as punching bags.  It would be shocking to not see a prolonged suspension, with the onus going on the Chiefs afterwards of keeping him when they canned Hunt for less egregious behavior. 

That tape is damning.  Ask yourself this - if in a heated argument your wife accused you of putting beatdowns on your kid when you’ve never touched him in anger, would your immediate response be that you’re going to bust her up too?  C’mon. This is a pretty bad guy.

The league is just letting the police do their work while they send out their own investigators.  Look at the damning evidence they pried loose on Elliott even though Elliott was never charged criminally.  I expect that the same thing might happen here - but now you’ve got a NFL star using both his wife and his kid as punching bags.  It would be shocking to not see a prolonged suspension, with the onus going on the Chiefs afterwards of keeping him when they canned Hunt for less egregious behavior. 
The league is just hoping this story fades away and that Tyreek can still play this year. He's one of their most electrifying players offering highlights almost every week. The league just cares about $$ and he brings in viewers, even if he's a terrible person, which we already knew from him assaulting his pregnant girlfriend. The timing of this happening right before the draft and all of the news that brings was very fortunate for them, and I think he wasn't placed on the NFL exempt list so that it wasn't brought back into the news cycle. The Chiefs are going to continue to say "No news here" in the hopes that it fades from people's memory.  The investigation will continue, but if Tyreek isn't charged, I'd expect a 6 game suspension similar to Zeke. 

It's still entirely possible that the Chiefs cut Tyreek like they did with Hunt, but I think it's more likely that they trade him if they no longer want him around. If he's not charged by the police, I think the most likely scenario is that he's retained by the Chiefs, but has mandated counseling. Not sure why he didn't already have that...

I'm not sure that Tyreek or his Fiancee abused their son, it may have been an accident, but they both sound like terrible people either way. 

One question I had about the investigation being re-opened, it was reported that the recording was given to the Police months ago, when the investigation was started, so why would they re-open it based on information they already had? Or was that mis-reported and when the recording went public that was the first they'd heard it?

Disclaimer - I own Tyreek in dynasty, I don't plan on cutting him for this. I don't tend to take moral stances while playing fantasy football.  That said, if I met him in person I definitely wouldn't ask for an autograph or picture. 

One question I had about the investigation being re-opened, it was reported that the recording was given to the Police months ago, when the investigation was started, so why would they re-open it based on information they already had? Or was that mis-reported and when the recording went public that was the first they'd heard it?
The letter Tyreek's attorney sent the NFL said the investigation was closed and no one has been able to verify it was actually re-opened, Johnson County DA is for sure not saying they re-opened it.

I traded Hill yesterday for Marvin Jones and 1.8, so he is starting to recoup some of his value.

The story is losing momentum... Right before the draft was very fortunate timing. 
not sure there really is good or bad  timing for something like this and for those involved...including the victim...

I guess you are saying Hill is lucky there was the draft to "take away" some of the attention..... or else "he would really be hearing it".....almost like you would have rather it happened some other time so the public backlash would be intensified or something....not really sure how the draft makes this story any more or less fortunate for those involved... :shrug:

The Chiefs holding onto this guy is akin to holding a stick of lit dynamite. Eventually it's gonna blow up in your face. There is about a 99% chance he goes off again unless he gets some Brandon Marshall type medicine. When he does, what do you say? "Well, we thought he was gonna turn it around"?

not sure there really is good or bad  timing for something like this and for those involved...including the victim...

I guess you are saying Hill is lucky there was the draft to "take away" some of the attention..... or else "he would really be hearing it".....almost like you would have rather it happened some other time so the public backlash would be intensified or something....not really sure how the draft makes this story any more or less fortunate for those involved... :shrug:
Don't take the moral high ground now dude, that ship sailed.  He clearly meant "fortunate" in the sense of Hill's value and likelihood to play and there's no reason to infer anything else from it.  The media focused on Nashville, Kyler Murray, and all the other drippings of the draft (I was there btw, is was awesome) instead of playing Hill's tape incessantly like they did the Ray Rice video did nothing but good things for minimizing the public outcry. 

I traded Hill yesterday for Marvin Jones and 1.8, so he is starting to recoup some of his value.
About an hour ago in an FFPC league of mine someone dealt Hill, Carson and a 2020#2 for 1.5.  I like your side better but I'd have held Hill in both deals myself, especially the one from my league.

The league is just hoping this story fades away and that Tyreek can still play this year. He's one of their most electrifying players offering highlights almost every week. The league just cares about $$ and he brings in viewers, even if he's a terrible person, which we already knew from him assaulting his pregnant girlfriend. The timing of this happening right before the draft and all of the news that brings was very fortunate for them, and I think he wasn't placed on the NFL exempt list so that it wasn't brought back into the news cycle. The Chiefs are going to continue to say "No news here" in the hopes that it fades from people's memory.  The investigation will continue, but if Tyreek isn't charged, I'd expect a 6 game suspension similar to Zeke. 

It's still entirely possible that the Chiefs cut Tyreek like they did with Hunt, but I think it's more likely that they trade him if they no longer want him around. If he's not charged by the police, I think the most likely scenario is that he's retained by the Chiefs, but has mandated counseling. Not sure why he didn't already have that...

I'm not sure that Tyreek or his Fiancee abused their son, it may have been an accident, but they both sound like terrible people either way. 

Disclaimer - I own Tyreek in dynasty, I don't plan on cutting him for this. I don't tend to take moral stances while playing fantasy football.  That said, if I met him in person I definitely wouldn't ask for an autograph or picture. 
Well, the media seems to be doing a way better job than law enforcement, child and family services, or the NFL. Doubtful this just goes away on its own.

Users who are viewing this thread