What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (8 Viewers)

Chiefs listed Tyreek Hill (quad) questionable for Week 6 against Washington. 

Hill did not practice on Wednesday or Thursday, so his limited practice Friday is a good sign for his availability on Sunday. Andy Reid described him as "bouncing around pretty good" on Friday, so the start wide receiver seems likely to play. Hill faces an extremely strong matchup against Washington. Washington's secondary has been repeatedly carved up by opposing quarterbacks, and the Washington offense plays fast and is willing to play in shootout scripts. As long as Hill is active on Sunday he should be in fantasy lineups.

SOURCE: Herbie Teope on Twitter

Oct 15, 2021, 3:31 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Tyreek Hill (quad) is expected to play in Week 6 against Washington.

Hill missed two practices this week before seeing limited reps on Friday. He may have a higher injury risk in this game but the matchup with Washington is too good to treat him as anything other than a top-two receiver. Only four teams are allowing more passing yards per game than the Football Team this year. Hill is in line for another monstrous game after topping 180 yards twice already this year.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 17, 2021, 8:30 AM ET

Tyreek Hill (quad) remained sidelined for Thursday's practice.

As proven last week, Hill doesn't need to practice mid-week to make an impact, leading the Chiefs in targets (12, 25.3%) with 9/76/1 receiving despite being limited for the third-most routes among Kansas City's receivers on Sunday. As long as he's active, managers should consider Hill a top-two option at his position against Tennessee.

SOURCE: Nate Taylor on Twitter

Oct 21, 2021, 12:49 PM ET

Freak missed Wed/Thurs last week too and logged a limited on Friday. Not panicking, but was hoping this week there'd be improvement in status.

I gulped last Sunday when he was with the trainers and sitting on ~4 fantasy points. The additional 13 he scored after coming back in turned out to be the margin of victory in my matchup. These situations are rough on fantasy-football bellies.

Freak missed Wed/Thurs last week too and logged a limited on Friday. Not panicking, but was hoping this week there'd be improvement in status.

I gulped last Sunday when he was with the trainers and sitting on ~4 fantasy points. The additional 13 he scored after coming back in turned out to be the margin of victory in my matchup. These situations are rough on fantasy-football bellies.
I hear you Fitz, was in the same boat as you last week and eked out a win.

If Tyreek plays against an awful Titans secondary, he might win you your week.  Especially since we're dealing with a "Bye apocalypse" in week 7.  

Buck Bradcanon said:
Back at practice today.  Due for a 50 burger vs Tenn.
Does anyone have any doubts at all with his Q tag again? Cuz it's T Hill or a goose egg 0 unless I have to drop a player like D Harris to fill another WR slot this week.

Tyreek Hill caught 6-of-9 targets for 49 yards in the Chiefs' Week 7 loss to the Titans, adding 18 rushing yards.

Hill wasn't targeted on nine first-half Patrick Mahomes passes in what was a truly forgettable day for the Kansas City offense, as it was held out of the end zone. Hill's nine targets were second to Travis Kelce's 12. Hill will look to rebound as an obvious elite WR1 against the Giants in Week 8.

Oct 24, 2021, 4:25 PM ET

Tyreek Hill caught 12-of-18 targets for 94 yards and one touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 8 win over the Giants.

The Giants were giving Patrick Mahomes the easy completions underneath, refusing to let Hill beat them over the top. His longest catch went for 15 yards, though the Chiefs did try to hit some shots over the top. Hill's touchdown was a six-yarder in the first quarter. The 18 targets tied for the second-most of Hill's career. The next closest Chief tonight was Mecole Hardman and Travis Kelce with seven apiece. Hill has now failed to reach the 100-yard mark in four straight games, but he does have six scores on the year. Hill will be an easy WR1 next week against the Packers.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyreek Hill caught 12-of-13 targets for 148 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 15 overtime win over the Chargers. 

Although Hill reached 100 yards from scrimmage against the Cowboys four weeks ago, this was his first 100-yard receiving effort since Week 4. That is almost impossible to believe, especially since Hill's targets have remained so steady. That has not been the case down the field, though tonight Hill booked receptions of 23 and 40 yards, getting blatantly interfered with on the latter. He also added another 20-yard grab and a 30-yard DPI. Hill's score was a one-yarder in the fourth quarter. Hill seemed bothered by something late, missing the first few plays of overtime, but appeared no worse for the wear after checking in. He will be facing the Steelers' struggling defense for the fantasy semifinals in Week 16.  

Dec 16, 2021, 11:57 PM ET

Please, for the love of all that is holy, someone tell me whether he's vaxxed. My team that made the semis on the strength of my WR group (Deebo, Tyreek and Godwin) suddenly isn't looking so good.

As someone who is facing the Hill/Mahommes owner and just lost both Godwin and Fournette I have no sympathy.

The fantasy gods hate us all.

Chiefs placed Tyreek Hill on the reserve/COVID list.

Cornerback Rashad Fenton, TE Blake Bell, and Hill will join Travis Kelce and K Harrison Butker on the COVID list with others reportedly "likely coming." Amid a cluster ahead of Sunday's matchup against the Steelers, it's entirely possible this matchup is the pick to move to Tuesday in Week 16. Stay tuned.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 21, 2021, 2:58 PM ET

The question that remains unanswered here is if Hill is vaccinated or not.

The world is asking everywhere and I have yet to see an answer.

The question that remains unanswered here is if Hill is vaccinated or not.

The world is asking everywhere and I have yet to see an answer.

Perhaps I am not remembering every COVID positive situation but from what I can recall every time a team has a unvaccinated player test positive and put on COVID IR list we get report saying they will be out this week and perhaps the next week if it's in the 10 day window. Absence of hearing this, again from what I can recall, the player is almost always vaccinated and of course we've not heard Hill labeled as being out this week.

Perhaps I am not remembering every COVID positive situation but from what I can recall every time a team has a unvaccinated player test positive and put on COVID IR list we get report saying they will be out this week and perhaps the next week if it's in the 10 day window. Absence of hearing this, again from what I can recall, the player is almost always vaccinated and of course we've not heard Hill labeled as being out this week.
Yea with Beasley they immediately said he’s out Sunday. Hill must be vaxxed. 

So is it a coin flip between Pringle and Hardman if Hill is out?
For Hill insurance, I would think Hardman is already rostered in some/most leagues. It comes down to Pringle/Gordon/Robinson as a possible waiver claim. I listed them in the order I’d take them. 

Where did you see that?
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Chiefs K Harrison Butker (COVID) is not vaccinated and will not play Week 16 against the Steelers.

Butker will have to isolate for 10 days dating back to Monday after testing positive. He could be cleared in time for the Week 17 date with the Bengals. In Butker's absence, Elliott Fry is expected to serve as the Chiefs' kicker this week.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Dec 22, 2021, 1:33 PM ET

For Hill insurance, I would think Hardman is already rostered in some/most leagues. It comes down to Pringle/Gordon/Robinson as a possible waiver claim. I listed them in the order I’d take them. 
Gordon is (C) also.

This is the situation in my league, Mecole rostered and the other three went unclaimed last night. I’m down Brandin Cooks (COVID) and deciding between Bateman and the three amigos from KC.

This is the situation in my league, Mecole rostered and the other three went unclaimed last night. I’m down Brandin Cooks (COVID) and deciding between Bateman and the three amigos from KC.
Bateman is also a good choice, if Lamar is back. I added Pringle off waivers b/c of the 4:25pm start time. I want to wait until the last possible minute to wait on Tyreek, although I think we will know before 1pm.

If Hill is out I could see a lot of Edwards-Helaire and Darrell Williams.

I wouldn't expect Pringle or Hardman to replace much of Hill's potential production. If I'm gambling, I would at least gamble on Hardman since he's about the only guy other than Hill that can turn a short pass into a home run.

I wouldn't expect Pringle or Hardman to replace much of Hill's potential production. If I'm gambling, I would at least gamble on Hardman since he's about the only guy other than Hill that can turn a short pass into a home run.

I think you're probably right.

Could see KC offense being a bit clunky and maybe relying on their D a bit more along with the running game.

I'm actually facing the Mahommes / Hill owner. If I truly believe the above, I should stay away from this offense (and let him pick up Hardman, etc.).

Who is now acting as the goal line back between these two RB's?

No new COVID-19 positives today for the Chiefs.  I think this bodes well for the game to be played on regularly scheduled date/time.  Means less time for Kelce and Hill to get their negatives in though.

That and Steelers have surrendered 200 yards rushing the last two weeks.

Who is now acting as the goal line back between these two RB's?

Both but without looking it up it seems like when it's a definitive short yardage situation, like 1-2 yards or less, that Williams seems to be preferred.

Capella said:
Yea with Beasley they immediately said he’s out Sunday. Hill must be vaxxed. 
Same with Butker and other non vaxxed this year. I am not up to speed on whether any of this changed for the unvaxxed since the rule changes last week. 

menobrown said:
That and Steelers have surrendered 200 yards rushing the last two weeks.

Both but without looking it up it seems like when it's a definitive short yardage situation, like 1-2 yards or less, that Williams seems to be preferred.
Yeah when KC is clicking they tend to score longer TDs. Might not be clicking as much without Kelce and Hill, if that plays out that way, but Mahomes can certainly still make plays. I may start both RBs in one dynasty this weekend. Not because it might be clever but because 2021.

Users who are viewing this thread