What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (3 Viewers)

Was listening to this on the radio and they were pretty explicit about the trainers working specifically on his hamstring, and using the "massage gun" on it -- had never heard of that device before. WOrked on it for a bit then headed back to the locker room.

Could be good news that it's only a strained hamstring -- altitude, hydration, being far on the road might be contributors and this could be a thing he heals up from for next game.

Could also be a really bad thing that it's a hamstring, as they are really tricky, especially for speedsters, and really prone to re-twinging.

This season has been such a damned tease as far as Hill has been concerned. 
you might want to ask your wife. she can probably tell you *all* the details about how it works....

Damn. Had Mahomes and Tyreek going and I just know that if Tyreek doesn't pull that hammy I get the ten extra points I needed to stay undefeated. Went out with a whimper.

:ptts:

Real thankful I didn't need anything from him. Those Monday donuts are always the stalest. My condolences. 

Hopefully he's back in shape after the bye but dang that's a scary injury for a stud speedster in your playoff lineup to have. 

Rotoworld:

Tyreek Hill (hamstring) will undergo an MRI in the "next day or so."

Per NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, the Chiefs will "have a better idea for a timeline on him at that point." The fact that Hill tried to stay in the game on Monday would seem to be a good sign but there is no good way to guess the severity of a hamstring injury from afar. However serious it is, the Chiefs' Week 12 bye is well timed. We should get an update some time in the next 24 hours.

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Nov 19, 2019, 1:30 PM ET

Looking better.

- I blame Mexico City's altitude. Last year it was the field.
FWIW the field was a little problematic in this game, too -- kudos to the operational staff at Azteca, they avoided the larger disasters they experienced last year. They had sod-guys replacing divots leading up to and through the game and were on top of field issues.

That said seemed like there was still a divot issue, and at times enormous swaths of sod being torn up and a few slips -- probably a combo of both turf and the rain.

That's a world-class premium soccer facility that's held some of the biggest tournaments and games, and moments (including the Hand of God goal) in soccer history -- strange that they seem to have these turf issues for US football where I don't recall that being an issue in soccer. Different game and gear, sure, but still a lot of running/cutting in cleats.

Anyway, back to focusing on Hill.

I lucked out and earned two backdoor #2 seeds in the FPC with Hill leaving the game early and Mahomes having a low scoring game. It was my wife's birthday and I had no idea Hill was out. Sorry to (almost) everybody who lost, but it was like an early Christmas for me (and my wife). 

I hope he gets better, the Chiefs/Ravens/Patriots playoff picture will be fun to watch if they are all at full strength and there is no doubt Mahomes/Hill makes the Chiefs electrifying to watch. 

Cost me two games this year with early exits. Wish FF would become more progressive with injury situations.
For this, best ball starting lineups are amazing. 

Basically you run your league the same as normal.  Everything is the same, you just don't have to set your lineup because that part is best ball. 

I'm in one startup dynasty league that does it that way, and I think I will now want that from any future league. 

It also prevents any lineup tanking. 

Last edited by a moderator:
For this, best ball starting lineups are amazing. 

Basically you run your league the same as normal.  Everything is the same, you just don't have to set your lineup because that part is best ball. 

I'm in one startup dynasty league that does it that way, and I think I will now want that from any future league. 

It also prevents any lineup tanking. 
I think that would take a lot of the fun out of it for me.  Researching who to start and setting lineups is a big part of the fun of managing a FF team.  Without that it would seem boring to me. 

I think that would take a lot of the fun out of it for me.  Researching who to start and setting lineups is a big part of the fun of managing a FF team.  Without that it would seem boring to me. 
:shrug:

Then I guess you have to embrace the randomness :)

It's all a trade off I guess. 

I'm worried about Tyfleek.  He is reliant on deep passes for his production.  20-30 mph winds with gusts of over 40 mph is going to put a serious damper on the long passing game.  I'm still going to start him but 3-5 receptions for 40-60 yards is his most likely output.  He is a horrible option in daily fantasy.

I'm worried about Tyfleek.  He is reliant on deep passes for his production.  20-30 mph winds with gusts of over 40 mph is going to put a serious damper on the long passing game.  I'm still going to start him but 3-5 receptions for 40-60 yards is his most likely output.  He is a horrible option in daily fantasy.
He is?  Got any numbers to back that up?

He is?  Got any numbers to back that up?
He set a PFF record for most yards on deep passes last year with 754 yards.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article233537542.html

He is averaging the 11th highest air yards per target this season with 14.8 air yards per target.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#average-intended-yards

He is leading the league in total air yards market share with 46%.

https://www.dfskarma.com/air-yards-leaders-and-values-week-13-breakdown/

Also most capable wide receiver in the NFL to take a screen pass or crossing route to the house. 

He set a PFF record for most yards on deep passes last year with 754 yards.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article233537542.html

He is averaging the 11th highest air yards per target this season with 14.8 air yards per target.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#average-intended-yards

He is leading the league in total air yards market share with 46%.

https://www.dfskarma.com/air-yards-leaders-and-values-week-13-breakdown/
you forgot the mic drop

is this really still the forecast........?

I get where you are coming from, but I would bet the Chiefs would adjust their typical game plan to get the ball in the hands of their biggest playmaker via sweeps, shorter routes.  We may not see a huge 25 point game from him, but 7-8 receptions for 60-70 yards and a score seems reasonable.

Tyreek Hill caught 5-of-8 targets for 55 yards in the Chiefs' Week 13 win over the Raiders.

Hill's hamstring wasn't a problem at all, but the wind played a factor, as the Chiefs had just one pass play of over 20 yards despite coming into this one leading the league in the category. Hill will do battle with Stephon Gilmore and the Patriots next week, which is an obvious hit to his fantasy outlook.

Dec 1, 2019, 7:50 PM ET

Tyreek Hill provided six catches for 62 yards on eight targets along with eight yards on two rushing attempts Sunday in Kansas City’s Week 14 victory over New England.

Tyreek exploded for three touchdowns the last time he visited Foxboro in 2018, but the Pats made sure to not allow a repeat performance in Week 14, largely taking the fourth-year burner out of the equation. The Patriots suffocated him in the second half, limiting 'Reek to two catches spanning 17 uneventful yards after the break. Hill is still as dangerous as any player in the league with the ball in his hands, though New England made sure he never got a chance to turn on the afterburners. The talented 25-year-old will be back at it next week when the Chiefs host division-rival Denver at Arrowhead. He'll take a rare three-game scoreless drought into that one.

Dec 8, 2019, 8:10 PM ET

How's everyone feeling about Hill this week? Will he continue the current trend or finally give us a good game this week? 

Who matches up with him from Denver and will they shut him down?

Expecting 1-3" of snow on Sunday here in KC starting in the morning and continuing through the game.

Gonna be about 25 degrees with 10mph winds as well.

I would expect the snow to play a minor role. I have seen a little bit of the reports but for perspective, I live 10 mins away from arrowhead and it is 50 degrees right now. Snow most likely won't stick and I am guessing they will have it tarped up before game time

Expecting 1-3" of snow on Sunday here in KC starting in the morning and continuing through the game.

Gonna be about 25 degrees with 10mph winds as well.
From what I’ve seen over the years, snow is better for a WR than a DB since the WR knows what his route is & the DB needs to adjust. 

wind doesn’t concern me until it hits 20+ MPH

Starting Hill with confidence in one league & Mahomes with confidence in the other. Not like I have any better options. And all it takes with Hill is one play.

It feels like he’s due. Go Chiefs! (Especially those two)  :pickle:

I would expect the snow to play a minor role. I have seen a little bit of the reports but for perspective, I live 10 mins away from arrowhead and it is 50 degrees right now. Snow most likely won't stick and I am guessing they will have it tarped up before game time
Yeah - none of that weather sounds too bad. 

Tyreek Hill caught 5-of-7 targets for 67 yards and two touchdowns in the Chiefs' Week 15 win over the Broncos.

Hill roasted Chris Harris for his 41-yard score, while his second touchdown came from just outside the end zone on a well-designed pick play. It marked the first time Hill had found the end zone since Week 10. Rain, shine, snow, hurricane: Patrick Mahomes’ No. 1 WR needs to be locked into fantasy lineups no matter what. Continue to treat Hill as a high-end WR1 for the Chiefs’ Week 16 matchup against the Bears.

Tyreek Hill caught all five of his targets for 72 yards in Week 16 against Chicago.

Hill was mostly held in check, with a long catch of just 19 yards. His five targets were behind Travis Kelce (9), but Hill wasn’t needed in a game the Chiefs controlled throughout. Hill’s weekly floor has been high, but he hasn’t gone over 100 yards since Week 10. That trend is unlikely to change in a matchup with the Chargers’ top-five pass defense in the regular season finale.

Tyreek Hill caught 5-of-7 targets for 67 yards and two scores in Kansas City's Conference Championship win over the Titans.

His first "receiving" score was a 10-yard jet sweep behind the line of scrimmage in which he simply corralled the handoff and dashed around the left side of the line unscathed. His second 20-yard touchdown catch up the seam began the Chiefs' unanswered 28-point run, beating Logan Ryan from the middle of the field in man coverage. The Titans reverted to more zone and double-coverage to contain both Travis Kelce (3/30) and Hill in the second half, but Patrick Mahomes simply took it upon himself to seal the game with a 64-yard bomb to Sammy Watkins (7/114/1) to move the Chiefs to their first Super Bowl appearance since 1970. Rostering Hill will be a key decision point for Showdown slates in Miami.

Jan 19, 2020, 6:25 PM ET

This guy has so much talent, but after all the off-season concerns he plans to do the dog heist when all the cameras are on him as he comes onto the field. Just awful! How do the Chief fans feel about one of their most athletically gifted players who has absolutely no common sense or decency?  

Users who are viewing this thread