Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA

4 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

He wasn’t even in up 14 or 17 though. I luckily advanced but was frustrating for sure.  

I have Hill in an FFPC dynasty league where the championship is total points for the final 4 teams over weeks 16 and 17, so I "survived" last week but am 3rd in total points and within striking distance.
The part that hurts was picking up Pringle as insurance in case Hill couldn’t go, swapping in Hill for Pringle once I heard Hill was playing, and then seeing Pringle score 25 points on my bench. Oy.
Honestly, just making the finals in any league in this crazy year is an accomplishment, as well as extremely lucky. 

Edited by joey
  • Like 1

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player-news/10517321

Speaking Wednesday, Patrick Mahomes said Tyreek Hill "was exhausted out there" in Week 16 against the Steelers after spending the week on the COVID list.

We need to remember that some of these players testing positive are battling symptoms and legitimately not feeling well. Hill spent all of last week on the COVID list after testing positive before gaining clearance at the 11th hour. He played just 42% of the snaps against Pittsburgh and was fighting through it en route to two catches for 19 yards. Hopefully Hill is feeling better ahead of a Week 17 date with the Bengals.

As soon as I heard Tyreek was off the Covid list, I put him back in my lineup without a second thought. It's frustrating, especially since I had an awesome week at just about every other position and lost by 10, although to be fair my backup option would have been DeVante Parker, who goosed.

I don't think you can draw any firm conclusions from this. Some players will come back from a bout with Covid and be totally fine while others will experience after-effects. No way to know in advance. Bet you anything the next time this happens to a prominent fantasy player people will bench the guy because they don't want to get "Tyreeked" and he'll end up going for 12/150/2. 

2 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

I love Hill and am scared to death to bench him...but I have a team playing this weekend that I'm tempted to start AJB, Deebo, Diontae Johnson, and Waddle in front of him...but I'm sure I'll chicken out and sub Hill for someone by kickoff...

That’s a stupidly good problem to face. Tyreek is still your #1 wr though, in case you weren’t sure. 

Is this the off-season to sell him?  He'll be 28 in March.  He's elite.  He's probably still got 3-4 years of being elite.  I think mentally people always see 29 as "almost 30" but 28 is still a ways away from it.

May send some feelers out this off-season and see how much can be had for him.

3 hours ago, jm192 said:

Is this the off-season to sell him?  He'll be 28 in March.  He's elite.  He's probably still got 3-4 years of being elite.  I think mentally people always see 29 as "almost 30" but 28 is still a ways away from it.

May send some feelers out this off-season and see how much can be had for him.

The time to sell is when he has a really good stretch next year, if that comes at all.

Mahomes doesn't look right this year and wonder if his shoddy play will continue. I can't believe how hot the Chiefs were in the first half and literally did dog #### in the second half of the game. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TampaMike19 said:

The time to sell is when he has a really good stretch next year, if that comes at all.

Mahomes doesn't look right this year and wonder if his shoddy play will continue. I can't believe how hot the Chiefs were in the first half and literally did dog #### in the second half of the game. 

Hill relies alot on speed. He's still fast, but will lose a step or already has, and most teams have taken away deep passes. His 11.2 ypc is the lowest by far since his rookie year. KC needs another very good WR to help out. This year, he had 5 or 6 very good games and an equal number of duds. 

• 3 weeks later...

Tyreek Hill caught 11-of-13 targets for 150 yards and one touchdown in the Chiefs' Divisional Round win over the Bills.

Hill led the Chiefs in targets, catches, yards, and also scored late with his 64-yard sprint to the end zone to put the Chiefs up 33-29 with 1:02 left. Hill dusted the primary cover corner then out-raced four defenders to the end zone. The Bills later scored with 13 seconds left to go up 36-33. But Hill and Kelce caught back-to-back long passes to then put the Chiefs in field goal range to go to overtime. Hill has now scored in both playoff games and gets a AFC Championship date with the Bengals next week. Hill went a scoreless 6-40 on 10 targets against Cincinnati in Week 17.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Soooo much talk about Gabriel Davis and about the finish to that game. OT rules. Brady coming back and almost pulling the 27-3 comeback (he basically did, right - I mean they tied it), Packers losing and Rodgers being a deuche (again). All good newsworthy stories.

But can we talk about that housecall Tyreek pulled off with a minute left? It was really, really impressive. Like one of the most impressive plays I've ever seen but it was like the 4th most interesting thing that day at best.

Edited by barackdhouse

Tyreek Hill caught 7-of-9 targets for 78 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' AFC Championship Game loss to the Bengals. 

Hill found the end zone for the third time in three games this postseason, running the entire length of the end zone to get open for Patrick Mahomes in the first quarter. It was Hill's happiest moment in what ended up a dismal loss, one where the Chiefs barely moved the ball after halftime as they blew a 21-3 lead. A big factor was Mahomes' struggles against eight men dropping back into coverage, something that reared its head during a regular season where Hill posted three-year lows in his numbers, not including his injury-marred 2019. The different defensive looks caused Hill's usage to come much more underneath, and his yards per catch fell below 14.7 for the first time since his rookie year in 2016. He averaged a pedestrian 11.2 yards per grab. Hill's speed did not fall off, of course. Heading into his age-28 campaign, there is every reason to believe Hill will remain a top 3-4 wideout for 2022. 

- NBCSportsEDGE

• 1 month later...

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Chiefs are working on a long-term contract extension with Tyreek Hill. 

Hill is signed through the 2022 season; he'll be a $20.69 million cap hit this year. Rapoport said this contract extension -- unlike Hill's last extension -- will be more "normal," free of of caveats guarding the team against Hill's much-publicized off-field issues, including allegations of domestic violence. Defenses in 2021 adjusted to guard against Hill's blazing speed and deep ball prowess, turning KC's No. 1 wideout into more of an underneath compiler. His yards per reception dropped from 14.7 in 2020 to 11.2 in 2021 and his yards per target plummeted to a career-low 7.8. Hill, 28, the fastest player in the league, will rightfully be among the league's highest-paid receivers with his upcoming extension. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Mar 4, 2022, 3:28 PM ET

Pro Football Network's Aaron Wilson reports Tyreek Hill is expected to sign a four-year, $85 million extension with the Chiefs this offseason.

Hill is in the final year of a three-year, $54 million contract. His new deal would include around $40 million in guarantees and make him the highest paid receiver in average salary behind DeAndre Hopkins and Julio Jones. The Chiefs would lower Hill's $20.69 million 2022 cap hit with an extension, allowing the team to maximize its free agent spending. A four-year deal would keep Hill in Kansas City through his age-32 season.

SOURCE: Pro Football Network

Mar 5, 2022, 11:12 AM ET

• 3 weeks later...

[Rapoport] Another blockbuster coming? Despite an offer from the #Chiefs that would make superstar Tyreek Hill one of the highest-paid receivers, extension talks have stalled and Kansas City has now given Hill’s agent permission to seek a trade, sources tell me and @TomPelissero .

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1506648107970449416?s=20&t=JEhYusQOr1T0RUxmSC3Qsg

• Thinking 1

1 minute ago, zeeshan2 said:

[Rapoport] Another blockbuster coming? Despite an offer from the #Chiefs that would make superstar Tyreek Hill one of the highest-paid receivers, extension talks have stalled and Kansas City has now given Hill’s agent permission to seek a trade, sources tell me and @TomPelissero .

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1506648107970449416?s=20&t=JEhYusQOr1T0RUxmSC3Qsg

I'm not surprised by this. If I recall Hill has never been one to renegotiate to help the Chiefs with cap issues in the past, so this many be another one of those situations. The Chiefs may be tired of a guy unwilling to help with the business side of cap management even though he has been backed by them and well paid by them since he entered the league.

Will be interesting to see what happens here. 

• Like 1

[Pelissero] How would the #Chiefs begin to replace superstar Tyreek Hill? Sources say #Packers free-agent WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling is on his way to Kansas City today for a visit. No deal imminent, but a logical option to help fill the void. Speed for speed.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1506649089605353475?t=rmhKF4b0qkUCbCQAOuUbSw&s=19

[Wilson] Chiefs expected to seek two first-round draft picks and more in exchange for Tyreek Hill, per league sources, after contract talks reached an impasse. It was expected to come in at $21.75 million, but price expected to be even higher on an extension

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1506649617659838470

4 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

I'm not surprised by this. If I recall Hill has never been one to renegotiate to help the Chiefs with cap issues in the past, so this many be another one of those situations. The Chiefs may be tired of a guy unwilling to help with the business side of cap management even though he has been backed by them and well paid by them since he entered the league.

Will be interesting to see what happens here. 

What what whaaaaat? 

Seems crazy - why wouldn’t he want to win in KC?

There are very few teams he could go to that would be a QB upgrade.

Did he really look at Adams deal with the raiders and say “gimme some Of that!”?

What an off-season. MVS “replacing” Hill would seemingly be just so much worse for KC.

CEH shareholders would probably be ecstatic though. 

4 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

What what whaaaaat? 

This is a great question.  I'm not sure what his deal is. Last year at this time Hill was asked to restructure his contract so the Chiefs could create cap space to help the team. He refused.

I'm sure that left a bad taste in Clark Hunt's mouth, especially how the Chiefs backed him during the draft AND after the other issues.

Sounds to me like this is what's going on here. Hill may be all about the money here and whatever he can get and won't budge. Which is his right of course. It's a business.

But the Chiefs may be tired of this act. 

• Thanks 1

I don’t see him being a team guy and might end up a headache for whoever gets him if they aren’t winning. 

I think the Jets are crazy to trade for him, they need depth and aren’t sure if they have a QB yet, why get a top weapon until you know, especially at the cost of two firsts when you might need to be drafting a QB again soon?  

Mia is not that different but they have more faith in Tua than I do and a better roster. I wouldn’t do it as the GM of either team so as a Bills fan removing him from KC to either of these teams might be a win?  

2 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

This is a great question.  I'm not sure what his deal is. Last year at this time Hill was asked to restructure his contract so the Chiefs could create cap space to help the team. He refused.

I'm sure that left a bad taste in Clark Hunt's mouth, especially how the Chiefs backed him during the draft AND after the other issues.

Sounds to me like this is what's going on here. Hill may be all about the money here and whatever he can get and won't budge. Which is his right of course. It's a business.

I mean, I just think he is a selfish person, on and off the field. He has a ring already. Probably doesn't care so much about winning anymore and just wants to get paid. He has shown his true colors/personality over the years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

I was just saying in a group text, he probably wants to get paid. He saw Adams get that huge payday, and might be more about the bling than the ring. 

I also like money - no judgement here. 

But like I said, most landing spots would be a downgrade at QB/chance to win. 

Tyreek is not some guy you ship out of town, because he's selfish. He's the guy you whose selfishness you put up with, because he's the most dangerous player in the NFL. 

I have watched a heck of a lot of Chiefs football, and the number of easy underneath throws they get to complete because everyone is terrified Hill is hard to underestimate. 

I really find this hard to believe.

• Like 5

Just now, massraider said:

Tyreek is not some guy you ship out of town, because he's selfish. He's the guy you whose selfishness you put up with, because he's the most dangerous player in the NFL. 

I have watched a heck of a lot of Chiefs football, and the number of easy underneath throws they get to complete because everyone is terrified Hill is hard to underestimate. 

My guess, they pay him and he stays

• Like 4

Just now, ghostguy123 said:

My guess, they pay him and he stays

That's also my guess. "You mean I can go to New Jersey and play for a 4-12 team?" 

:excited:

Don't think that would be his reaction. 

• Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, massraider said:

at 28 it’s maybe his last chance for a huge payday. I find it entirely believable.

It’s just kind of out of left field. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

With how stacked the AFC is now - there's no guaranteed the Chiefs ever get back to the SuperBowl again.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Nobody is paying too 1sts for the right to pay a mega deal for a non QB.

But hey, who knows

I'm guessing one will blink. These guys have been trying to draft another Hill since his first year in the league and there's just nobody like him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

at 28 it’s maybe his last chance for a huge payday. I find it entirely believable.

It’s just kind of out of left field. 

No more out of left field than Adam's traded, Watson picking cleveland...

Edited by ghostguy123
  • Thanks 1

• Joe Bryant changed the title to WR Tyreek Hill, MIA