What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (5 Viewers)

Such a good tweet here. You all should follow Adam on Twitter. He's awesome with dynasty theory. 

Adam Harstad

@AdamHarstad

· Mar 18

Replying to @dwainmcfarland

Heuristic: any time you give up draft capital for the right to pay fair-market rates for a player, you have tautologically overpaid. (Exception: MVP-caliber quarterbacks.)

Connor Hughes

@Connor_J_Hughes

·

29m

The #Jets are in on Tyreek Hill, sources confirm. They are among the finalists. From what I’m told, the ball is now in Tyreek Hill’s court. What does he want? NYJ or Miami. Jets won’t be outbid. Just a matter of what Hill prefers.
The only tough part is that players seem to enjoy Miami.

No state income tax, great weather, nightlife, club scene.

New Jersey has…..uh….Cannoli? :shrug:  

Such a good tweet here. You all should follow Adam on Twitter. He's awesome with dynasty theory. 

Adam Harstad

@AdamHarstad

· Mar 18

Replying to @dwainmcfarland

Heuristic: any time you give up draft capital for the right to pay fair-market rates for a player, you have tautologically overpaid. (Exception: MVP-caliber quarterbacks.)
Adam is not incorporating supply and demand into that equation. Some teams have to overpay because the "supply" isn't coming to them otherwise.

New Jersey has the richest population in the Country. Let's not pretend there's no nice areas or beaches or parks or farmland....
Oh I know. Half my family is back East, and I worked in North Bergan for the better part of a year.

There are lovely parts of both NJ & NY, and NJ is a hop, skip & a jump to that NY night life, yo.

but it’s safe to say that Miami > North Bergan 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this related to Mahomes huge contract?
Probably long term, but his cap number this year is something like $35 million unless he restructures. 

My opinion is this:

The Chiefs are looking at the landscape of the AFC West this year and their thin roster and are taking this opportunity to re-tool for the next realistic Super Bowl window. They got 1 Super Bowl in the current window but it's closing fast with an aging roster of skill players and a suspect defense.

Time to pull the plug and re-set for 2023 and beyond.

Is this related to Mahomes huge contract?
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/kansas-city-chiefs/

The Chiefs can afford him just fine. It's possible the Chiefs don't think he will be the same guy in two or three years. He's a speed guy, they don't age well. 

They might very well be of the opinion that Patrick Mahomes doesn't need the NFL's most expensive WR, and they can score plenty of points without him. I happen to think they are right, but still, losing Tyreek this year is tough.

I could easily seeing this being a move that looks bad for a year, and looks a lot better in a year or so. 

I don’t see him being a team guy and might end up a headache for whoever gets him if they aren’t winning. 

I think the Jets are crazy to trade for him, they need depth and aren’t sure if they have a QB yet, why get a top weapon until you know, especially at the cost of two firsts when you might need to be drafting a QB again soon?  

Mia is not that different but they have more faith in Tua than I do and a better roster. I wouldn’t do it as the GM of either team so as a Bills fan removing him from KC to either of these teams might be a win?  
I think this is the kind of thing they can do based on the resources and cap space they have.  In order for your #2 drafted QB to be successful he needs top notch WR's to help him develop.  This would be a great way to develop him.  Wilson got better as the year went on and has all the physical tools to benefit from a guy like Tyreek.  I don't mind the idea of doing this if I am the Jets.  

What's the move with Tyreke in Dynasty?  

I was already of the mindset that this was a good time to move him--age 28 season.  Now he downgrades at QB.  I think he's got the talent to still produce at a high level--but hard to think he's going to have double digit TD's with the Jets or Dolphins.  

I sent out a feeler offer or two.  Don't anticipate anyone is going to pay what it will take to get something done.

I was already of the mindset that this was a good time to move him--age 28 season.  Now he downgrades at QB.  I think he's got the talent to still produce at a high level--but hard to think he's going to have double digit TD's with the Jets or Dolphins.  

I sent out a feeler offer or two.  Don't anticipate anyone is going to pay what it will take to get something done.
What would it take in your world? That's no snark, no joke. 

The best time to move him was yesterday, unfortunately. 

While Miami might be a draw for Hill, it’s less so for FF owners.

While the Jets, their fans, and folks invested in Z.Wilson might love it, it’s absolutely also a likely short-term downgrade for Hill. 

Your best moves, IMO:

1. Hold and pray for the best

2. hope there’s a MIA or NJ fan in your league. 

3. Adopt a puppy. Go on long walks. Cry a little and hug your new best friend a lot, reducing the importance of FF in general. 

with everything that has happened in the AFC west this offseason....this may go down as the worst offseason in Chiefs history....

If Tyreek doesn't want to live inside of a music video, Miami gets a lot less attractive.

Two kinds of people in Miami: The old and the tacky. There used to be three, but now all the Russians are leaving.
Lifestyle, including weather, may be a consideration. Does Hill like clubbing, both places are good. Playing golf year round, probably not, but Miami has an edge. Boating, likely, and Hill could buy a waterfront property with access to the baysnor ocean. Edge Miami. No state income tax, ~10% advantage for Miami. Property taxes are a max of ~2% in Florida.

Miami has changed. 3rd highest skyline in the USA and growing, but I think he'd buy a waterfront SFH. The IT and finance industries are expoding. Lots of young talent. Crypto is big. But I think Wilson is better for his career than Tua.

Users who are viewing this thread