What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (4 Viewers)

IheartGuinness said:
What are people expecting from him this weekend? Do you think Ramsey is going to completely contain him?
I don't think anyone can contain him. If Mahomes buys time with his feet, which he will, then he will find guys downfield. They can't cover all of them for that long. Hill in particular can come open in a variety of ways and with incredible speed. I think Mahomes Hill might be a FF cheat code. Maybe Hill gets fewer targets with Ramsey shadowing him but he still catches a 70 yard TD at some point. Call it 5 catches 112 yards 1TD. And two runs for 23. 

I don't think anyone can contain him. If Mahomes buys time with his feet, which he will, then he will find guys downfield. They can't cover all of them for that long. Hill in particular can come open in a variety of ways and with incredible speed. I think Mahomes Hill might be a FF cheat code. Maybe Hill gets fewer targets with Ramsey shadowing him but he still catches a 70 yard TD at some point. Call it 5 catches 112 yards 1TD. And two runs for 23. 
Wow. That would be great. But I'm trying to temper my expectations. I'm having flashbacks to stud receivers I'd hope would go off, and then they'd get contained by an outstanding corner (stupid Revis island). 

How do you have Hill as a WR3? Assuming dynasty or 8-10 man league? 
Dynasty, I guess it's hard to say who's rated as 1, 2, or 3 though.  Hopkins, Adams, and Hill.  Traded for all of them in '16, '17, and '18.  Gonna have to go look what I gave up now....

Mean Machine gave up Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB; Golladay, Kenny DET WR

T.A.R.C.I.M gave up Hill, Tyreek KCC WR; Year 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick from T.A.R.C.I.M

BuckNuts gave up Adams, Davante GBP WR; Year 2019 Round 5 Draft Pick from BuckNuts

Mean Machine gave up Treadwell, Laquon MIN WR; Heyward, Cameron PIT DE; Year 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick from Pork Chop Express

Cordarrelict My Balls gave up Hill, Jeremy CIN RB; Ingram, Mark NOS RB; Year 2017 Round 1 Draft Pick from Show Me Your TDs

going HAAM! gave up Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take that from my WR4. And yes I'm serious, 12 team $125 dynasty league. Starting Nuk, Julio, Evans and Hill  :bowtie:  

and while I'm breaking my arm patting myself on the back, I'm also starting Kelce, Zeke, and Gurley. Sad news is I'm benching Chubb and Lindsay. ;)  

I'll take that from my WR4. And yes I'm serious, 12 team $125 dynasty league. Starting Nuk, Julio, Evans and Hill  :bowtie:  

and while I'm breaking my arm patting myself on the back, I'm also starting Kelce, Zeke, and Gurley. Sad news is I'm benching Chubb and Lindsay. ;)  
I'd like to meet your league-mates and start a new dynasty league with them...

I'd like to meet your league-mates and start a new dynasty league with them...
It’s tricky....his sister is still in 4th grade, so finances are limited, not to mention her inability to get to a live draft. 

Don't get me started on his grandmother & 4 of the members of her bridge club.  :shrug:

I'd hate to waste my time and play with owners who don't know what they are doing.  I know you might win a little $$$, but, it's just not fun for me.
Me either I've discussed my friends Fantasy league he has with a co worker and some friends of the co worker. Both he and the co worker have taken advantage of players who We'll call causal fans and some have no idea what they are doing. The reason both are 1 and 2 in the league every year is because people are dumb and drop guys who shouldn't or accept ####ty trade offers. I was offered to be in this league but I didn't want to associate myself with that plus his coworker owes me $25 and I told him I'd consider the league if he paid half my league sign up fee since he owed me money (Thought that was fair) and didn't accept it. So I told them no thank you. I probably would've won all my money back and then some because neither one of them is amazing fantasy player themselves but it would feel wrong and just dirty $$$ to me

Me either I've discussed my friends Fantasy league he has with a co worker and some friends of the co worker. Both he and the co worker have taken advantage of players who We'll call causal fans and some have no idea what they are doing. The reason both are 1 and 2 in the league every year is because people are dumb and drop guys who shouldn't or accept ####ty trade offers. I was offered to be in this league but I didn't want to associate myself with that plus his coworker owes me $25 and I told him I'd consider the league if he paid half my league sign up fee since he owed me money (Thought that was fair) and didn't accept it. So I told them no thank you. I probably would've won all my money back and then some because neither one of them is amazing fantasy player themselves but it would feel wrong and just dirty $$$ to me
I understand this process for dynasty, which is a big investment of time and emotional energy...but less so with redraft. Especially if it's people you know and can get bragging rights over for fun. When you sit down to play poker with your buddies, do you hope they're sharks? 

Sorry fellas ... the Patriots showed the league the blueprint on how to shut down Tyreek Hill.

1 catch in that AFC Championship game? 

Sorry fellas ... the Patriots showed the league the blueprint on how to shut down Tyreek Hill.

1 catch in that AFC Championship game? 
LOL. 

The Patriots take away the other teams best player as a philosophy.  Not always, but usually.  It leaves other players more open, it's merely a trade off. 

kittenmittens said:
LOL. 

The Patriots take away the other teams best player as a philosophy.  Not always, but usually.  It leaves other players more open, it's merely a trade off. 
Maybe they should've focused on taking away Nick Foles in the Super Bowl 2 yrs ago 

Honestly if I had to guess, that's what it is.  When someone lands on your shoulder like that in that position, that's usually what it is.  Especially when they ruled him out right away.  Could just be a shoulder, but my guess is Collarbone :(
Tell tale sign of a collarbone injury is usually the guy tries to hold the hand/wrist of the affected arm/shoulder close to his chest to immobilize it.

Either way, let's wait for the official word before speculating about a WR that many have as the keystone of their fantasy receiving corps.

This is Sammy's team now.
Yes, because Watkins is definitely a guy who has proven he can be a reliable fantasy force and be depended upon for consistent high level performance.

And the Chiefs have no other receiving weapons whatsoever.

Glad that Watkins is finally in a position to succeed, he's a talented guy. But let's leave the hyperbole alone until we see how things actually pan out.

Users who are viewing this thread