What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (4 Viewers)

:pickle:

Tyreek Hill WR | KC

Chiefs' Tyreek Hill: Spotted running routes

by RotoWire Staff
(17 mins ago) Hill (shoulder), who is inactive for Sunday's game against the Lions, was spotted running routes on the field during pregame warmups, James Palmer of NFL Network reports.

Now three weeks removed from suffering a collarbone injury in the Chiefs' season-opening win over the Jaguars, Hill seems to be making positive progress in his recovery. The Chiefs intend to re-evaluate him Monday, at which time the team should have a better idea regarding his potential to play Week 5 against the Colts.

Weird. Schefter just reported that Tyreek isn't gonna be active next week either and is getting more imaging tests done on his shoulder.

Pregame route running must not have went well, or meant anything.

Edit: I see he also said he could be 2 weeks away but they won't rush it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Chiefs’ WR Tyreek Hill inactive this week, not expected to be active next week and is expected to undergo imaging tests on shoulder this week to determine how much longer he’ll be out, per sources. Could be about two weeks away but unbeaten Chiefs will not rush him.

Weird. Schefter just reported that Tyreek isn't gonna be active next week either and is getting more imaging tests done on his shoulder.

Pregame route running must not have went well, or meant anything.

Edit: I see he also said he could be 2 weeks away but they won't rush it. 
You’re reading into this. 

He ran routes - he’s progressing. They’re optimistic. 

He’s going to undergo testing tomorrow & they’re not going to rush him back regardless. 

They’re hoping for 2 weeks, based in part on his progress. 

There was no setback today. Two separate reports - one that he ran routes pre-game, another with an updated timeline.

This supports both reports: 

Hill has made steady progress in his recovery from a broken collarbone and will undergo imaging tests this week to determine when he can resume playing. A Week 6 return would seem to be a distinct possibility

I’ve been squeaking out wins without him and Green.  My only hope is that I can slice one more out and he comes back in week 6.  AJ too!

whenever they bring him back I hope they wait till he’s healthy.  Every indication says they will.

:clap:

I would have used the dancing pickle, as it's closer to how I feel, but I think that has connotations I don't know about.

Likely still a bit away from him starting again, but this is the news I've been waiting for -- tangible progress.

We'll see if it's a limited practice or if he's in full pads and taking contact. 

:clap:

I would have used the dancing pickle, as it's closer to how I feel, but I think that has connotations I don't know about.

Likely still a bit away from him starting again, but this is the news I've been waiting for -- tangible progress.

We'll see if it's a limited practice or if he's in full pads and taking contact. 
Agreed.  I think week 5 is still obviously out, but this is great news for maybe week 6, definitely week 7.  

They have to be confident he can take a hit. I don't think we'll know that until later this week. This isn't a muscle strain. He's either ready or he's not

Welcome to the ignore list. You're following me around a little to much lol. Please put me on ignore too. Thanks. 
Because I quoted the most recent post in the most recent thread? lol.

Nah, I'll keep ya around so others can see sane responses to your Goedert anger :P

They have to be confident he can take a hit. I don't think we'll know that until later this week. This isn't a muscle strain. He's either ready or he's not
KC sportscaster Harold Kun tz' Twitter feed has some other videos of Hill's workout today. Besides the cone work, he was jogging and catching lobs today.

"Taking a hit" seems to be the question.

Different injury and position ... but Saints DT Sheldon Rankins (Achilles) practiced for six weeks (starting in mid-August) before returning to the field this past Sunday vs. Dallas. We heard the same reports -- from the get-go -- about how well he was moving, changing directions going full speed, etc. in practice.

Can you really look at that little guy and not smile?

I can't.
Not at all. I just have a feeling it has alternate connotations I don't know about.

I really need a key.

I am in the know about  :ptts:  ,  :wolf::pics: , and  :shiny:  (although I don't know when you would actually use the latter aside from paying ongoing respects to one of the board's best)

I think I once knew how/why to use  :obc:  and  :gang1: / :gang2:  but forgot.

I know the user reference for  :fro:  but not when to use it.

I have no idea when to use  :ph34r:  vs  :ninja::tebow:  vs  :bow: , or when you would use  :construction::toilet: , at all.

Color me  :whoosh:

Not at all. I just have a feeling it has alternate connotations I don't know about.

I really need a key.

I am in the know about  :ptts:  ,  :wolf::pics: , and  :shiny:  (although I don't know when you would actually use the latter aside from paying ongoing respects to one of the board's best)

I have no idea when to use  :ph34r:  vs  :ninja::tebow:  vs  :bow: , or when you would use  :construction::toilet: , at all.

Yikes, I've been posting here for twelve years and I know the significance of like, two of those.   :kicksrock:

So question for the group: if he’s active on Sunday do you roll him out or stick with Robinson?

My concern is they trot him out there as a decoy. 

So question for the group: if he’s active on Sunday do you roll him out or stick with Robinson?

My concern is they trot him out there as a decoy. 
He's gotta prove that 

1. He is actually out there to play and not as a decoy
  2. He can take a hit and get up
Prior to that I can't play him.  Even if he is active this week, I'm willing to let him blow up on my bench rather than lay an egg in my lineup.

I have to think that if he's active, he won't be a decoy;

• they're currently 4-0; so it's not like they're in a bad place where they simply need him to be on the field doing nothing
  • their offense isn't exactly hurting (last week withstanding) by him not being there
  • they're playing Indy... not exactly a formidable foe
  • their ultimate goal of a SB is GREATLY helped by a healthy Hill; I don't see them trotting him out before he's healthy enough to be out there and potentially get him injured for when they need him most. 

Again, this is all just my thinking and I have no inside info to back this up. 

I have to think that if he's active, he won't be a decoy;

• they're currently 4-0; so it's not like they're in a bad place where they simply need him to be on the field doing nothing
  • their offense isn't exactly hurting (last week withstanding) by him not being there
  • they're playing Indy... not exactly a formidable foe
  • their ultimate goal of a SB is GREATLY helped by a healthy Hill; I don't see them trotting him out before he's healthy enough to be out there and potentially get him injured for when they need him most. 

Again, this is all just my thinking and I have no inside info to back this up. 
all good points.  When does the injury tag for Sunday come out?  Think he is listed as doubtful right now?  

He's working out and staying in shape, it's just contact that is a no-go. Once they deem him fit, he's back in my lineup. It'd be different if it were a lower-body injury where he couldn't stay fit.

Stompin' Tom Connors said:

I really need a key.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DlTexEXxLQ

Absolutely insta-start if active. If he doesn’t get as much action it’s because he’s doubled up hard and Mahomes is taking what they give him. 

Now that they have 3 other WRs who have shown they can go off too, not sure how DEFs can double him too hard though. 

Dr Chao still projecting week 7 return at earliest fwiw... Decoy us not in play here.. he can either take a hit or he can't.... This isn't a muscle strain

Good strong take, but I've seen way too many times where a guy coming back from injury is used sparingly to get his sea legs back, is used but rusty, or is mostly decoying to make me automatically think this take, as opposed to @4th&inches's take (which I happen to agree with), is the most probable.
I feel like the fact it's upper body rather than lower reduces the "decoy factor". If it was something affecting his mobility / ability to get open being a decoy would make more sense. If he gets open are they just not going to throw the ball to him? Doubtful.

Dr Chao still projecting week 7 return at earliest fwiw... Decoy us not in play here.. he can either take a hit or he can't.... This isn't a muscle strain
It's a pretty unique injury. I can't imagine 2 more weeks will change much, outside of the pain factor. 

Bumping for news on whether he practiced, and in advance of anything that comes out of meeting with media after practice.

Normally teams hold practice from around 11 - 2, with media sessions being held right afterwards.

With Hill playing Sun night, would be awesome to get indication he'll be playing today, as even if he is limited, he may be as good in PPR against someone with a tough match-up (like Chark).

Per Rotoworld:

Coach Andy Reid confirmed that Tyreek Hill (clavicle) won't suit up Sunday night against the Colts.

Hill is getting close to a return, but it won't be this week. Demarcus Robinson and Mecole Hardman will continue to work as the offense's outside WRs with Sammy Watkins taking most of the snaps in the slot. They have a low-key difficult matchup against a Colts defense that allowed the fewest PPR per game to the WR position in 2018 and ranks 12th in 2019. Of course, matchups don't matter all that much when your QB is capable of making nearly any throw on the field.

SOURCE: BJ Kissel on Twitter.

Oct 4, 2019, 2:11 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread