What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FFA Pigeon Thread (2 Viewers)

Deleting emails isn't ok, no matter what colors you're wearing.
It's no different than a conversation that happens in a room where the public isn't permitted access. Are we going to start putting microphones on politicians everywhere they go? The email thing is just completely arbitrary. Why aren't we recording their phone conversations?

As far as getting bent over by politicians...I don't think this is anything new. The powers that be have mostly always been about the the powers that be first. The rich want to stay rich...film at 11. Unfortunately, the occasional well-intentioned person who gets through is a little too cuckoo or rough around the edges to be electable. And unfortunately, the media/social media construct isn't going to do any favors for luring decent people. It's going to be the ones with overwhelming egos who think they must get the power who are willing to endure that gauntlet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Otis said:
Omg white power and big walls and women suck and Alabama and no muslims or black dudes etc etc but no I won't bet a cent. 
Like you don't agree with all that  :rolleyes:

Brexit had no chance either, right fellas?
The odds on Brexit were much more narrow than this & polls had it much closer.

There was also a major thunderstorm that day and the weather had an impact on turnout, which positively effected the leave group.

If you look at a map of states and electoral college votes, I don't see how it is possible that he wins - numbers just don't add up.

Heck, give 'em 10:1, they'll be PayPalling you loot no matter what. The only bet type they'd have a chance on is an over/under. From what's out there, Trump over/under 40.5% of the popular vote would be interesting.

Really can't believe you guys don't want to send me your money this time around.  I think the mint I made last time dried up the market.

Hopefully you guys can put up a sweet new GOP candidate in 4 years who can get some more folks back on board and earn me a few bucks.  Implementing line item for this in the Otis Household 2020 budget.

Really can't believe you guys don't want to send me your money this time around.  I think the mint I made last time dried up the market.

Hopefully you guys can put up a sweet new GOP candidate in 4 years who can get some more folks back on board and earn me a few bucks.  Implementing line item for this in the Otis Household 2020 budget.
If you are so confident in a Hillary victory, then why are you hitting up poor chumps here in the FFA? There are plenty of places to book some real action.  Might as well cash out your 401ks and go all in on Hillary at -550!

No one took me up on $100 to 100 wheat pennies.  :kicksrock:

Bump. You guys have to be feeling more confident than ever. So which way is the line forming?

:kicksrock:

Wish I had seen this thread before going offshore, could've gotten a better price. I took Trump +240 for $100 yesterday. I don't think he wins, but I'll take the long shot with the mess this election is, feels like picking a horse with decent odds on a wet track. I always bet on the election for entertainment, and it doesn't sit right with me laying -300 or more with all the 11th hour releases coming out against Hillary from purely a betting perspective. I tend to be wrong a lot though, FYI.

Looks like @Otis forgot his b***s at home after FC came with the offer...
What offer?  So far I haven't seen a single person on this board willing to bet even a dollar without me giving them some kind of head start or odds.  That doesn't strike me as someone who is very confidential in their horse.

Still prepared to take any even odds bet.  Let's hear it.

What offer?  So far I haven't seen a single person on this board willing to bet even a dollar without me giving them some kind of head start or odds.  That doesn't strike me as someone who is very confidential in their horse.

Someone who is that confident in the dog (Trump) is getting ~250% more for their money elsewhere to put money down. It's not a slight on you, just market pricing.

You could match market odds and take the vig out of it. So, if Trump is +240 and Hillary is -300 at SB, instead offer -240 Hillary/+240 Trump. Trump backers get the 240 staked by the Hillary backers, and Hillary backers get 100 from the Trump backers with no commission.

Someone who is that confident in the dog (Trump) is getting ~250% more for their money elsewhere to put money down. It's not a slight on you, just market pricing.

You could match market odds and take the vig out of it. So, if Trump is +240 and Hillary is -300 at SB, instead offer -240 Hillary/+240 Trump. Trump backers get the 240 staked by the Hillary backers, and Hillary backers get 100 from the Trump backers with no commission.
This is just a giant fishing trip, he isn't going to offer odds.

What a stupid bet.

You're telling me. Now tell that to all the nerds who are shouting from the rooftops that Trump is going to win. 
it's a stupid way to make a trivial point.  any rational person who thinks Trump is going to win (do not take this layup, btw) is not going to bet him at even money when he is available at +250 or better in other places.  think of Otis and his favorite pizza shop.  Otis values a slice of pepperoni at $20, but the shop is next door and selling it for $10.  some jagoff says hey Otis, if you value the pizza at $20 why not buy it from me right now for $20.  of course he will just go next door and buy it for $10.

not a trump supporter but I'd gladly pay $100 if it meant avoiding a Trump presidency.

I'm gonna need some odds though so that if Trump wins, I will have enough winnings to go on a bender with an 8-ball and some strippers before everything starts getting really bad

it's a stupid way to make a trivial point.  any rational person who thinks Trump is going to win (do not take this layup, btw) is not going to bet him at even money when he is available at +250 or better in other places.  think of Otis and his favorite pizza shop.  Otis values a slice of pepperoni at $20, but the shop is next door and selling it for $10.  some jagoff says hey Otis, if you value the pizza at $20 why not buy it from me right now for $20.  of course he will just go next door and buy it for $10.
I'd absolutely buy the pizza for $20 right now if there's added entertainment value/a chance to show the jagoff he's a jagoff.  It's not always just about money.  Sometimes it's about something you believe in.  Or in this case, something folks apparently do not really believe in.

/thread 

It's about -300 offshore. Just saying, that's a $400 swing. I know, no vig if you win and all, but due diligence is all I'm saying.
Making money is not the point.  I wanted to see if anyone would lay down money here on Trump.

-275/+190 at Bovada. Closer than I though it'd be.

Otis--you might want to start asking for odds from the Trump supporters.  This might be a little too close for your liking, 

Users who are viewing this thread