What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FFA Pigeon Thread (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I don't know exactly how to handle this. If the people who were cheated want cstu gone, he'll be gone. If they'd rather handle this some other way, I'm open to suggestions. But let's do this elsewhere. The thread in the FFA seems right. If someone can bump it, I'll move it over here.
Every post CTSU makes auto-ends with a link to the “joke bets”.

Now that you mention it, Statue of Frogs sounds ridiculous.  It must have been Statute.
At first I thought you were referring to the UK group of the 80s formed by ex-members of The Yardbirds...but then I remembered they were called Box of Frogs, the name the band adopted after seeing a less than flattering promo picture for a gig they were playing, something like, "Don't we look like a Box of Frogs?"

At first I thought you were referring to the UK group of the 80s formed by ex-members of The Yardbirds...but then I remembered they were called Box of Frogs, the name the band adopted after seeing a less than flattering promo picture for a gig they were playing, something like, "Don't we look like a Box of Frogs?"
I like the New Yardbirds better (temporary name adopted by Led Zeppelin due to concert obligations in Scandinavia when they started playing together)

If it was an accident then I would assume he’s been posting in that thread. Just need to look through it and see if there are any names that look like they could be an alias. 

It’s not that big of a deal though. It was a joke bet and no way would he have taken any money had he won. 
What makes you say this? 

yes.  you sure you can cover the now $1400 liability you've taken on?  i'm getting the suspicion you're taking these bets under the assumption that Trump can't win under any circumstances.  understand that he wins the election with some significantly nonzero probability.  if you can guarantee you're good for it I'm in.

Yes, I'm not going to ruin my good name around here over $1400.
not that anyone actually buys the 'joke bet' thing, but I think I was pretty clear on the seriousness here.

why did this get moved to the political forum
the mods probably saw that the original bet was based on the presidential race.  But that was the least important part of the thread of course.  It really does not belong here but I think this forum is probably getting a lot of new eyes because it was moved. 

I don't think I had ever been in here until this got moved and I went searching for it this morning.  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The contemptible thing about welchers is not that they didn't pay, but that they would have accepted the money if they'd won.  They weren't just gambling the amount they'd win if they win, but on how much they'd steal if they lost.  
Do you even remember the bet? It was a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for reference sake, and to remind people: 

1.ctsu is a poster who made several political bets on Hillary Clinton, disappeared the day after the election without paying any of them, and only returned yesterday and now claims they were “joke bets”. He deserves to be shunned until and unless he makes good. 

2. The “pigeon” reference is to another poster, not in any way related to ctsu, and it was cruel and mocking and IMO should never have been allowed here. 
No, Chad was outed as a pigeon lover around the same time his home address was doxxed. Unless Squiz's name is Chad and I've got that backwards.  

And WTF....can't even leave the country/grid for a few days. 

Holy Jesus we broke the FFA and got moved to the politics subforum. 

someone get him in here. 

Yeah, I don't know exactly how to handle this. If the people who were cheated want cstu gone, he'll be gone. If they'd rather handle this some other way, I'm open to suggestions. But let's do this elsewhere. The thread in the FFA seems right. If someone can bump it, I'll move it over here.
Yes they should take it to the flogging subforum.  

Users who are viewing this thread