What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL TIMBERWOLVES SOON TO BE DYNASTY THREAD**** (1 Viewer)

Semi bold prediction: Lavine emerges as Our Wolves' second best player this year, which is simultaneously good and bad news for the team. 

That sounds dirtier than I'm really comfortable with, but it's a possibility.

Listening to Tim Bontemps soil himself talking about the Wolves again yesterday on a podcast prompted me to spend some time on Wiggins's basketball reference page, which really isn't pretty. 
50 wins!

Don't ask me why, but I managed to find myself looking at the Timberwolves draft in 2011.  Not the Derrick Williams at #2 part.  The other part.  

They had pick #20 from Utah from the Al Jefferson trade.  The selected Abe's boy Donuts.

Who they traded to Houston (with Jonny Flynn and a 2nd round pick) for Brad Miller, the 23rd pick (Nikola Mirotic), and 38th pick (Chandler Parsons). The Rockets then got Parsons back for cash considerations.

Then they traded Mirotic to Chicago for the 28th pick (Norris Cole) and and 43rd pick (Malcolm Lee).  

Then they traded Cole to Miami for the 31st pick (Bojan Bogdanovic) and a 2nd round pick.

Then they traded Bogdanovic to the Nets for a 2nd round pick.

So from the #20 overall pick they got Miller, Lee, and 2 second round picks.  I wonder who was in charge back then.....

Don't ask me why, but I managed to find myself looking at the Timberwolves draft in 2011.  Not the Derrick Williams at #2 part.  The other part.  

They had pick #20 from Utah from the Al Jefferson trade.  The selected Abe's boy Donuts.

Who they traded to Houston (with Jonny Flynn and a 2nd round pick) for Brad Miller, the 23rd pick (Nikola Mirotic), and 38th pick (Chandler Parsons). The Rockets then got Parsons back for cash considerations.

Then they traded Mirotic to Chicago for the 28th pick (Norris Cole) and and 43rd pick (Malcolm Lee).  

Then they traded Cole to Miami for the 31st pick (Bojan Bogdanovic) and a 2nd round pick.

Then they traded Bogdanovic to the Nets for a 2nd round pick.

So from the #20 overall pick they got Miller, Lee, and 2 second round picks.  I wonder who was in charge back then.....
BUT CASH!!!  

:killsself:

Went to the preseason game tonight. My thoughts...

The new scoreboard is real big and nice. 

Entry and exit seems clustery with everything going through the skyway for now. 

LaVine looks a lot better. More controlled on offense. 

Rubio is still really good while Dunn was a bit train wrecky. Ricky and Towns were unstoppable. 

Thibs barking on the sideline is gonna be a lot of fun.

I don't see a loss on the schedule, tbh.

Went to the preseason game tonight. My thoughts...

The new scoreboard is real big and nice. 

Entry and exit seems clustery with everything going through the skyway for now. 

LaVine looks a lot better. More controlled on offense. 

Rubio is still really good while Dunn was a bit train wrecky. Ricky and Towns were unstoppable. 

Thibs barking on the sideline is gonna be a lot of fun.

I don't see a loss on the schedule, tbh.
Watched on tv...LaVine can rise up over anyone.  If he stays under control, he'll be really tough.  That step back jumper was just dirty.  Got in the lane and to the hoop a lot...playing with a lot of confidence.

KAT just dominated Gasol.  Had moves on moves and just outworked him up and down the floor.  (as an aside, Memphis messing around with Gasol shooting threes has him too far from the basket...he needs to control that elbow)

Dunn had some bad turnovers...but saw him under the basket getting boards and also running the floor.  Took a clunker of a step back jumper trying to be cool like LaVine.  Work in progress.

Rubio looked awesome.  Was tough on Conley and the offense is lit with him out there.

Cole looked good...guy can set a screen, rebound and patrol the paint...all we need.

Gorgui Dieng is going to set a travelling violation record.  

Rush is a pro.  Knows where to be, how to move the ball.  

Bjelica looked good again.  Way more confident this year.  He can shoot from anywhere and he has a nice right handed drive...don't think he ever goes left though.

Agree on Thibs barking...you could hear it on tv.  He was enraged in the 4th with the reserves blowing the massive lead.

Lot of Wolves bloggers/writers really talking about the potential for Rubio to get traded.  Sounds like maybe the push is coming from Rubio's agent, Dan Fegan.  Would like Rubio to stay for obvious reasons...need to see what we have with this current roster before doing a deal unless you're getting the moon.  Feel like Rubio getting moved now/soon would be shooting ourselves in the foot a bit.

Lot of Wolves bloggers/writers really talking about the potential for Rubio to get traded.  Sounds like maybe the push is coming from Rubio's agent, Dan Fegan.  Would like Rubio to stay for obvious reasons...need to see what we have with this current roster before doing a deal unless you're getting the moon.  Feel like Rubio getting moved now/soon would be shooting ourselves in the foot a bit.
With how Dunn has looked so far in the preseason (outmatched like all rookie PGs) and the potential return they would get for Rubio, I think they would be crazy to trade him this season. My only caveat to that would be if they could use him in a package to get somebody like Paul Millsap.

Kev4029 said:
With how Dunn has looked so far in the preseason (outmatched like all rookie PGs) and the potential return they would get for Rubio, I think they would be crazy to trade him this season. My only caveat to that would be if they could use him in a package to get somebody like Paul Millsap.
Rookie contracts are valuable commodities. 

Kev4029 said:
Would also need Ronnie Milsap to sweeten the deal.

Darren Wolfson ‏@DWolfsonKSTP  43m43 minutes ago

Per the incomparable @ZachLowe_NBA, the #Twolves have inquired about 26-years-old Cavs wing Iman Shumpert. Signed a 4/$40M deal summer 2015.

Deadspin's Timberwolves preview.  Seems pretty accurate.

Minnesota Timberwolves

Photo credit: Jim Mone/AP
What is their deal?
HELL YEAH BUDDY HELL YEAH. HELL YEAH.

Who are their noteworthy basketball persons?
HELL YEAH BUDDY HELL YEAH. KARL-ANTHONY TOWNS, ANDREW WIGGINS, ZACH LAVINE, RICKY RUBIO, TOM THIBODEAU, HELL YEAH, MAN, HELL YEAH, HELL YEAH.

Are they good?
HELL YEAH THEY ARE BUDDY, HELL YEAH.

Are they worth watching?
HELL THE #### YEAH MAN.

Playoffs?
I DUNNO MAN WE’LL SEE.

Dunn gets the start tonight with the Rubio elbow injury.  Conley probably going to eat him alive...better learn quick kid.  And by learn quick I mean get the ball to Wiggins and KAT and stay in front of Conley.

Dunn gets the start tonight with the Rubio elbow injury.  Conley probably going to eat him alive...better learn quick kid.  And by learn quick I mean get the ball to Wiggins and KAT and stay in front of Conley.
Our Wolves have the worst luck....too early to PUTZ for FULTZ or WHIFF FOR SMIFF?

Notorious T.R.E. said:
TOO SOON

Somehow they're a 5 point fave tonight...maybe KAT goes HAM at HOME?
Turns out they knew Conley and Gasol weren't going to play. Why the Griz threw that game is beyond me though since they could end up in some playoff tiebreaker against our Wolves.

Turns out they knew Conley and Gasol weren't going to play. Why the Griz threw that game is beyond me though since they could end up in some playoff tiebreaker against our Wolves.
No idea what Fizdale is thinking here. Not only is it foolish, but guys shouldn't need a rest 3 games into the season. 

Yeah, super weird.  Apparently Fizdale even said they were available if needed.  Thanks, guy!

Users who are viewing this thread