What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2025 NBA Champion Philadelphia 76ers Thread*** - Still Processing (2 Viewers)

The future first-round pick that Boston will receive will be the Los Angeles Lakers’ first-round pick in the 2018 NBA Draft, provided that such pick is No. 2, No. 3, No. 4, or No. 5 in the 2018 NBA Draft. If the Lakers’ 2018 first-round pick is No. 1 or is No. 6 or later, the Sixers will instead convey to the Celtics the rights to the more favorable of the Sixers’ own 2019 first-round pick or the Sacramento Kings’ 2019 first-round pick, provided that the more favorable pick is not the No. 1 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. If the more favorable of the Sixers’ and Kings’ 2019 first-round picks is the No. 1 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Sixers will instead convey the rights to the less favorable of those two picks.

The future first-round pick that Boston will receive will be the Los Angeles Lakers’ first-round pick in the 2018 NBA Draft, provided that such pick is No. 2, No. 3, No. 4, or No. 5 in the 2018 NBA Draft. If the Lakers’ 2018 first-round pick is No. 1 or is No. 6 or later, the Sixers will instead convey to the Celtics the rights to the more favorable of the Sixers’ own 2019 first-round pick or the Sacramento Kings’ 2019 first-round pick, provided that the more favorable pick is not the No. 1 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. If the more favorable of the Sixers’ and Kings’ 2019 first-round picks is the No. 1 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Sixers will instead convey the rights to the less favorable of those two picks.
Right.  Unless the Kings get number 1, the Celtics are getting the Kings pick.  (I am assuming that the Kings pick will be more favorable than the Sixers.)

Right.  Unless the Kings get number 1, the Celtics are getting the Kings pick.  (I am assuming that the Kings pick will be more favorable than the Sixers.)
Complicated stuff haha. But I think the bolded means if the sac pick is given up, we still keep it if it's #1.  We are protected in a lot of ways from giving up the #1 pick.  

Seems like the lakers won't be 2-5 anyways so we likely get the lakers pick this year and give up the sac pick next year unless it's #1. 

We only get the SAC 2019 pick if it is number 1, otherwise, BOS has choice between the PHI pick and SAC pick.

Complicated stuff haha. But I think the bolded means if the sac pick is given up, we still keep it if it's #1.  We are protected in a lot of ways from giving up the #1 pick.  

Seems like the lakers won't be 2-5 anyways so we likely get the lakers pick this year and give up the sac pick next year unless it's #1. 
Isn't that what I said originally...

Deamon said:
Ya I guess I misunderstood.  We get the sac pick regardless of what it is though if the lakers keep theirs this year. 
I'm not sure if I am still missing something, but i guess you're right actually.  Maybe I've just had it in my head for so long that I want the 6 and the 1 or I just have an assumption about where the Lakers are finishing this year, but I've stopped entertaining the idea of giving up the Lakers pick this year and just getting the Kings next year.  Maybe part of it was also the flattened lottery odds that made it less sexy.

I'm not sure if I am still missing something, but i guess you're right actually.  Maybe I've just had it in my head for so long that I want the 6 and the 1 or I just have an assumption about where the Lakers are finishing this year, but I've stopped entertaining the idea of giving up the Lakers pick this year and just getting the Kings next year.  Maybe part of it was also the flattened lottery odds that made it less sexy.
Ya, assuming the Lakers dont hit pick 2-5 than how you have it worded is right.  Kinda sucks cause next yaer's Sac pick is going to be good.  Looks like we'll be picking around 10th.  That's too bad we held onto that Lakers pick for so long and the year we finally get it is the year they're good

>99% chance of making the playoffs.

embiid should really probably be resting a little more.  Not sure why he is playing tomorrow night at Orlando.

538 has them projected for 49 wins and the 3 seed...
Crazy.  Would be awesome, but I don't really see us catching Cleveland.  The 3-6 seeds are all incredibly close, so I think we have to play Embiid in order to try for home court.  Our record at home is incredibly better than on the road.

Been trying to figure out if I'd rather play Indiana or Washington though.

Welcome to the PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Very exciting stuff.  Also we the hottest team in the East right now.  8-2 in the last 10 and rollin along.  Love this momentum going into the playoffs.  Should be able to win a series if we keep this up.

Cleveland is looking strong again, but we are close to catching them for the 3 seed.  Would absolutely love to get Boston in round 2.  If you told me pre season that we had a shot at the ECF I'd say you were nuts.  My goal was a 6 seed and making round 1 competitive. 

Very exciting stuff.  Also we the hottest team in the East right now.  8-2 in the last 10 and rollin along.  Love this momentum going into the playoffs.  Should be able to win a series if we keep this up.

Cleveland is looking strong again, but we are close to catching them for the 3 seed.  Would absolutely love to get Boston in round 2.  If you told me pre season that we had a shot at the ECF I'd say you were nuts.  My goal was a 6 seed and making round 1 competitive. 
My goal was 42 wins and a shot at the 4 or 5 seed. Here we are.

If sixers win next week, they would be tied 2-2.
Just looking at tie breaker procedures, it looks like the div winner automatically gets the higher seed.  The top 4 seeds must be the div winners (Toronto, Cleveland, Washington) plus the next best team (Boston).  5 Seed is the highest we can get (would mean playoffs @ Washington)  If Indiana passes us, that puts us in the 6 seed, and playing @ Cleveland (ugh).  Guess we still need to play hard to get to play wash instead of cleve.

EDT:  Didn't realize they changed this rule 2 years ago... looks like we can still get the 3 seed.  Cleve DOES have the tie breaker over us regardless though, as they will have won their division.  So it's pass the cavs, or take the 4 seed and play indiana.

Last edited by a moderator:
This stings.  People might not be chanting Fultz's name anymore for a bit.

Really wanted the 3 seed and a date with Washington then Boston.  We are unlikely to get that now, so it's looking like Indiana then Toronto instead.  Ugh.

Great way to go into the AS break, winning 5 in a row.  At this point with their record and remaining schedule, it will honestly be disappointing they miss the playoffs.  They do have 9 of 12 on the road after the break, but nothing too crazy.

Somehow, they still will go to Miami twice in the next 3 weeks, after having played them twice in the past 2.

They play Cleveland twice, once home and once away, but other than that, no top tier teams.

They get Minnesota at home, which would be the next best.

Then just 5 more games against current playoff teams, who are really middle of the pack: Denver once at home, Indiana once at home, Washington once away, and Milwaukee once at home and once away.

That leaves 17 games against non-playoff teams and only one of those even has a chance (@Detroit).  Somehow, they play Charlotte 4 times.

So let's say they break even against the playoff-caliber teams and conservatively go 11-6 against the garbage.  That's 46 wins.  
so since the AS break, they are 3-5 against playoff teams (including Denver) and 15-0 against non-playoff teams.

Long Ball Larry said:
so since the AS break, they are 3-5 against playoff teams (including Denver) and 15-0 against non-playoff teams.
We had the hardest strength of schedule in the league before AS break, so this is just evening it out.  We still have the 6th hardest schedule in the nba this season.

I'm not at all discouraged by the 3-5 thing.  That's fairly normal for even a good team vs top teams.  15-0 with no slipups is incredible. 

Game of the yr tonight.  Likely decides 3 seed. 

Huge game today.  Statement game.  Also one more chance to woo Lebron into coming to Philly.

can't believe the lie is 6ers -4. grabbed it anyway, should be a fun game

and P.S. - so hard to find this forum  :kicksrock:
Ya it's weird we are favoured vs such a hot team without our best player. 

We're at home though, huge statement game for us, Cavs on a back to back (and both on the road), and they're not super healthy either.  Still think line should be even.

PS... bookmark this page, we need more discussion in here!

Ya it's weird we are favoured vs such a hot team without our best player. 

We're at home though, huge statement game for us, Cavs on a back to back (and both on the road), and they're not super healthy either.  Still think line should be even.

PS... bookmark this page, we need more discussion in here!
yeah i need to, i get annoying in the NBA thread. Sixerslooked a little tight to start, warming up now

Torn on this game. I don't want to play Miami round 1. 
agreed a bit with that, but Sixers are playing lot better then their previous games against Miami. i have to think dream scenario for NBA in the 2nd round though is 6ers-Boston and Cle-Tor. 

but yeah, Sixers do well to go on a run like they do with the way they push the pace

top post on Sixers reddit is funny, got me pretty good:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sixers/

(i would post it, but kind of ruins it if i do. it is the one: "Guys, prepare yourselves, because tonight we are going to lose")
Haha that's awesome.  Took me a second to understand it, don't really use reddit except to stream. 

Fultz sure is playing well. I gotta stop being paranoid that he'll mess up our chemistry/injure our players. 

You're right though about Boston being ideal 2nd round matchup. My original hope was that Miami took out Boston round 1 but néed Miami to drop down a spot for that. Nothing would make me happier than seeing Kelly get revenge on Boston. (I coached Kelly in high school)

yeah. little nervous they are up too much too early, but they have their foot on the gas. 
Ya I'm still amazed at our scoring distribution by quarter.  It's absolute madness how good we are in the 1st quarter.  We are #2 in the NBA (only behind Houston) in first quarter scoring.  We just passed Golden State today.

1st Q:  2nd
2nd Q:  12th
3rd Q:  6th
4th Q:  24th

Ya I'm still amazed at our scoring distribution by quarter.  It's absolute madness how good we are in the 1st quarter.  We are #2 in the NBA (only behind Houston) in first quarter scoring.  We just passed Golden State today.

1st Q:  2nd
2nd Q:  12th
3rd Q:  6th
4th Q:  24th

these numbers are tricky because in the 1st 1/3 of the season they had to be 30th in the NBA in the 3rd Q. and 4th is funny, i guess you want to see a number like that because you are up so much

these numbers are tricky because in the 1st 1/3 of the season they had to be 30th in the NBA in the 3rd Q. and 4th is funny, i guess you want to see a number like that because you are up so much
Ya but first half of the season it was the same (at least how much higher 1st q vs 4th q scoring has been).  No other team has that sort of swing, and most are close-ish between each quarter.  At the least it shows we come out on fire and burnout a bit.

I think as of late our 4th q scoring has been low maybe because of protecting leads, but first half of the year it was simply blowing leads or playing awful in the 4th. 

We've really come a long ways in terms of closing out games.  Going into the 4th with a 10 point lead used to be a sure loss, but we've turned the corner a bit there.

Ya but first half of the season it was the same (at least how much higher 1st q vs 4th q scoring has been).  No other team has that sort of swing, and most are close-ish between each quarter.  At the least it shows we come out on fire and burnout a bit.

I think as of late our 4th q scoring has been low maybe because of protecting leads, but first half of the year it was simply blowing leads or playing awful in the 4th. 

We've really come a long ways in terms of closing out games.  Going into the 4th with a 10 point lead used to be a sure loss, but we've turned the corner a bit there.

yeah, those late fall games were a mess. impressive how they really have turned the corner with that

the free frosty deal is one of the best promos in sports. i might have got 2 frostys out of it, but everygame it is awesome how the whole place gets up for it

Users who are viewing this thread