Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official 2025 NBA Champion Philadelphia 76ers Thread*** - Still Processing


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, modogg said:

well this is a good test for them. and i really hope they bring Belineli back next year. dude hits a lot of big shots.

and man Sixers look real sloppy here :sadbanana:

We get so lackadaisical and sloppy with a lead.  Doug needs to have a chat with Brett.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

sheesh. anybody who says they don't want Lebron on the Sixers is insane. My only concern is that he is getting up there, so if you give a max credit for 3 years you could be risking a bit. but watching him play, dude looks just fine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, modogg said:

sheesh. anybody who says they don't want Lebron on the Sixers is insane. My only concern is that he is getting up there, so if you give a max credit for 3 years you could be risking a bit. but watching him play, dude looks just fine

I just hate the guy.  Always have.  It would be personally hard for me to cheer for him so I'm torn.  I think I would want him, but we have built something special that I dont want to mess up or have someone say "only won cause you signed lebron, none of the other guys mattered"

I am an oregon state football fan too so grew up hating chip.... took me a while to warm up to the fact that I was okay with him, so maybe I'd get there with lebron too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, modogg said:

somebody has to beat that dude up with the Cavs jersey in that arena. luckily for them the 6ers won, or i might have taken the subway down and threw a full beer can at his head with my 9 month old in my other arm

sucks you lost the bet, but glad we won.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Deamon said:

sucks you lost the bet, but glad we won.

ehh, Sixers have won me a lot recently. i went lighter then usual on this one too because i had a hard time beating the Cavs more by 4. fun game, but i'd like to save the next one for the Eastern Conf finals

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

What is going on around here?   :oldunsure:        My heart (and liver) can't take 3 Philly championships in one year.

wouldn't go that far but it sure is fun.  Can't remember the last time Philly sports was in such good shape as a whole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/6/2018 at 9:05 PM, modogg said:

sheesh. anybody who says they don't want Lebron on the Sixers is insane. My only concern is that he is getting up there, so if you give a max credit for 3 years you could be risking a bit. but watching him play, dude looks just fine

I didn't want him back during the Decision on Chi as a Bulls fan and I know I wasn't the only Bulls fan who didn't want him. One was do to the MJ comparisons there'd be and 2 many of us never saw him living up to MJ in so many ways. However anyone who'd want LBJ as a Sixers I think is dumb. The dude is an egomaniac ad needs things his way or the highway. BC would be bending backwards to sign him and doing whatever Lebron wants. Maybe he wants another one of his friends on the team. Well that could take playing time away from Saric or Fultz. When LBJ is on your team he's the owner, GM, Coach and player. Do you think Brett Brown a Gregg Popovich disciple would take that? I don't. I could see the two of them going at it like he and Blatt did. Then Brown gets fired and you get stuck with some schmuck as a coach if Lebron leaves. What happens if Lebron thinks Joel's antics he believes Embiid isn't taking trying to win seriously? That could lead to something? Ok you win a title with him but what happens if he doesn't like Embiid and wants him traded? Do you trade Embiid to keep Lebron happy or tell Lebron to pound sand and go elsewhere? What about his contract? Yeah he's playing well but he's up there in age. You want to give a guy a max contract when you will need to extend Simmons/Saric/Maybe Fultz etc eventually?

In short signing James looks like a great move at first but in the long run it could be detrimental to the overall future of the 76ers. That's why people don't want him. It's the whole sacrifice the future to win now with Lebron that could throw a wrench in the overall process. I'm by no means a 76ers fan as many here know but I think Signing Lebron wouldn't be as good for the Sixers for what they've done so far  In development and all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really played like garbage today and was getting pretty nervous at the end of the 3rd.  Fortunately Dallas offense was an utter monstrosity to go with their lack of talent, so we got out of their with a win.  Only the 3rd 50-win season in the past 20 years.

fultz and Simmons actually played a few minutes together.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thunderlips said:

They'd be able to keep them all?  What would the starting 5 be?   

Fultz and Saric are on cheap deals for 3 and 2 years, respectively (well, Fultz sort of cheap I guess, depending on how he develops).

they will figure out the starting 5 as needed, everybody is going to get rest so they will mix and match.  Fultz just has to get the shot back and then they will have to figure out who the other shooters will be.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To now add on to why you wouldn't want Lebron a report today out of Pat Riley's new book coming out says that after Mia (in LBJ's first season) lost to the Mavericks in a Dec game and Lebron bumped Eric Spoelstra there was reports of Lebron not happy with ES as coach. Riley says he had a meeting with James,CB4 and Wade to see what they thought of the year so far. Lebron didn't go as far as flat-out say it to Riley but asked him "If he had an itch to come back again" Riley wasn't sure what he asked at first but he meant to coach the Heat again. Overall Riley also says it was his fault the hyperbole of the Heat's Lebron introduction as he was too focused on the Sign and trade and contracts for James and CB4. Said he'd never have let that get that far if he had known about it. There's sources who also say Lebron and Pat Riley haven't talked since Lebron left and some believe last year Lebron had taken a pot shot after winning last year to Riley. Riley said he sent Lebron a Text after he took the court for Game 7 of the Finals basically telling him to go win it for himself. Riley never got a response back. Riley did say Lebron made the right choice going back to Cleveland though

Pat Riley and Lebron James

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/9/2018 at 1:53 PM, Thunderlips said:

They'd be able to keep them all?  What would the starting 5 be?   

Embiid
Saric
Lebron
Simmons
Fultz

With a great bench of Covington, Redick, Johnson, Belinelli.

They have depth to play around with that starting line up though and move people in and out of it based on what works best. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Deamon said:

Embiid
Saric
Lebron
Simmons
Fultz

With a great bench of Covington, Redick, Johnson, Belinelli.

They have depth to play around with that starting line up though and move people in and out of it based on what works best. 
 

Isn't JJ on a 1 year deal? Also where's Holmes? At this point he's loads better then Johnson. And didn't Belinelli only sign for a year as well? Who's to say JJ and Marco don't go else where next year especially JJ to a team who's more willing to give him a longer deal? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

Isn't JJ on a 1 year deal? Also where's Holmes? At this point he's loads better then Johnson. And didn't Belinelli only sign for a year as well? Who's to say JJ and Marco don't go else where next year especially JJ to a team who's more willing to give him a longer deal? 

I really think JJ stays.  Part of his decision was going somewhere long term and not moving his family again.  I think we get a long term deal done with him for sure. This year was just a 1 year deal to have flexibility but the plan was always to have him here long term. 

Holmes yes he should be in my list too.  Unsure on belinelli.  Really want him to stay but not sure he will. 

Also I thought you hated the sixers??

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, modogg said:

lol, so hard finding this thread still. need to get it as a go to for the playoffs. 

80-44 at the half is pretty good. Honestly if Dario, Marco Cov and JJ can keep hitting 3s like they have been conference final is very realistic

46-18 after 1 quarter is insane!  Especially without our best player. 

Heat are the one team I didn't want to face round 1 though. Would be heartbreaking to win 16 in a row and lose game 1. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Deamon said:

I really think JJ stays.  Part of his decision was going somewhere long term and not moving his family again.  I think we get a long term deal done with him for sure. This year was just a 1 year deal to have flexibility but the plan was always to have him here long term. 

Holmes yes he should be in my list too.  Unsure on belinelli.  Really want him to stay but not sure he will. 

Also I thought you hated the sixers??

I was only wondering because I've heard nothing about him staying in Philly Long term though I may have missed it

Yeah I was surprised you left Holmes off. Marco will most likely leave. He tends to be a nomadic NBA player. Never stays on one team long

I don't like the Sixers but when @modogg made the why wouldn't anyone want Lebron comment I had to chime in.  I hate when people ask this and I've seen a ton of people even excuse that people don't know basketball if they don't want Lebron. I think there's a ton of reasons a team wouldn't want Lebron. Kyrie left because he wanted to win without Lebron and was sick and tired of James Micromanaging him and the roster We see this year that Lebron is just making the Cavs worse believe it or not. If they were in the West they'd probably struggle to late seed. Also for me personally I never wanted Lebron on the Bulls in 2010 and neither did a lot of Bulls fans for reasons I said. I tend to think because the NBA wise the 76ers aren't as big as the Phillies or Eagles they tend to be more accepting of other teams players. To me Lebron was a Division rival to my team then a rival in the East after joining MIA. There were already reasons I didn't like him from a basketball standpoint. THat's an issue I had on my MLB.com board. I stay true to my team. Rooting for Lebron is like rooting for the Empire to beat the Jedi's for me. I just feel Philly basketball fans are too accepting of other teams players especially in their own conference. Maybe if Lebron played for the Knicks or another team in the division people would feel the same way as me. I thought the whole "Process" was based on getting a team together that could beat Lebron? If I were a Sixers fan and the team got Lebron and won the title I'd feel it'd cheapen that. And then like I said are people in Philly gonna put up with his antics? The dude could ruin half a decade of a rebuild for the 76ers. Why chance it? Based off of everything that's happened with Lebron switching teams despite the Titles he's won in places he's been I'm kind of glad the Bulls never signed him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Deamon said:

46-18 after 1 quarter is insane!  Especially without our best player. 

Heat are the one team I didn't want to face round 1 though. Would be heartbreaking to win 16 in a row and lose game 1. 

Anyway my comment was actually on the winning streak and overall. Just me but I feel like the 76ers overachieved this year. Not with making the playoffs but I felt they would be as a #7 or 8 maybe 6th if lucky not a #3. I think they had a lot of things go their way. I thought Was and Mia would be better. Cle I thought would be better then them. One I'm curious of is the win streak more predicated to better developed team or is the team more of the team earlier in the year. Remember they had the Hardest schedule to begin the year and barely sniffing .500 for awhile and people wrote them off. They get the easiest part and go on an absolute tear. So is some of this predicated on how the schedule laid out for them? I'm not by any means saying they aren't a playoff team. I could easily see them maybe making the East Finals do to how weak it is plus now Kyrie for the rest of the year in Boston but can easily just see them being one and done vs Miami. I just don't see them with the scheduled laid out reverse they make the playoffs on such a tear and I think some people are getting a little over excited on the winning streak. I could easily of seen them reversed start off hot like they are finishing and limping into the post season if the hardest part of the schedule was now especially with Embiid having been injured in the last month of the season maybe media and fans are talking about the Sixers struggles at the end of the year? I think they've developed into a better squad but they need to hit their free Throws better and quite frankly I think they rely too much on the 3 ball. If The team is to have any success for the next 5-6 yrs Ben really needs a jumper or I could see teams easily playing off of him daring him to shoot it and clog the lanes as well as pressing him up the court to force him to rid the ball sooner. I also think Embiid really needs to stay healthy. SI I believe had a great article in January during the Sixers struggles and Embiid out what a difference he made on the floor. Not just his overall stat impact but how he effected the team on the court invidiual players. Ben got drastically worse where the other guys either got slightly better, had a slight dip or stayed the same. I think it's essential for Ben to learn how to play without Embiid out there. I don't have the overall stats of Ben with Embiid out now but I think he got a little better but he needs to continue that. Ben also needs to get better at the Line. DeAndre Jordan believe it or not has a better FT% then him this year. Id be curious to see how they'd match up with the West though. I hate people using regular season because many of these great teams coast through the regular season so I don't think regular season is a great measuring stick. 

These aren't knocks to them. Credit for taking advantage of things going their way. I'm just more so curious where people feel the team is? I think I can feel good saying the 76ers are incredible inconsistent right now and wouldn't be surprised with any resulting outcome in the playoffs they get

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Anyway my comment was actually on the winning streak and overall. Just me but I feel like the 76ers overachieved this year. Not with making the playoffs but I felt they would be as a #7 or 8 maybe 6th if lucky not a #3. I think they had a lot of things go their way. I thought Was and Mia would be better. Cle I thought would be better then them. One I'm curious of is the win streak more predicated to better developed team or is the team more of the team earlier in the year. Remember they had the Hardest schedule to begin the year and barely sniffing .500 for awhile and people wrote them off. They get the easiest part and go on an absolute tear. So is some of this predicated on how the schedule laid out for them? I'm not by any means saying they aren't a playoff team. I could easily see them maybe making the East Finals do to how weak it is plus now Kyrie for the rest of the year in Boston but can easily just see them being one and done vs Miami. I just don't see them with the scheduled laid out reverse they make the playoffs on such a tear and I think some people are getting a little over excited on the winning streak. I could easily of seen them reversed start off hot like they are finishing and limping into the post season if the hardest part of the schedule was now especially with Embiid having been injured in the last month of the season maybe media and fans are talking about the Sixers struggles at the end of the year? I think they've developed into a better squad but they need to hit their free Throws better and quite frankly I think they rely too much on the 3 ball. If The team is to have any success for the next 5-6 yrs Ben really needs a jumper or I could see teams easily playing off of him daring him to shoot it and clog the lanes as well as pressing him up the court to force him to rid the ball sooner. I also think Embiid really needs to stay healthy. SI I believe had a great article in January during the Sixers struggles and Embiid out what a difference he made on the floor. Not just his overall stat impact but how he effected the team on the court invidiual players. Ben got drastically worse where the other guys either got slightly better, had a slight dip or stayed the same. I think it's essential for Ben to learn how to play without Embiid out there. I don't have the overall stats of Ben with Embiid out now but I think he got a little better but he needs to continue that. Ben also needs to get better at the Line. DeAndre Jordan believe it or not has a better FT% then him this year. Id be curious to see how they'd match up with the West though. I hate people using regular season because many of these great teams coast through the regular season so I don't think regular season is a great measuring stick. 

These aren't knocks to them. Credit for taking advantage of things going their way. I'm just more so curious where people feel the team is? I think I can feel good saying the 76ers are incredible inconsistent right now and wouldn't be surprised with any resulting outcome in the playoffs they get

too sick to read all of this, so i skimmed and hope i got the point :). I can see how people would say the 6ers overachieved this year, and i think part of that is true. however, i can almost guarantee they win more games next year. They had a rough fall, and some of that was based on how the schedule was developed and they played a lot of tough road games. But they must have lost half of their games in October and November by blowing big leads in the 3rd and 4th Q. that has gotten better as the year has gone on, and we should have less of those overall. 

other huge factor in their losses has been the turnovers. again, something they have improved as the year went on, and really is probably the biggest stat tied to experience

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, modogg said:

too sick to read all of this, so i skimmed and hope i got the point :). I can see how people would say the 6ers overachieved this year, and i think part of that is true. however, i can almost guarantee they win more games next year. They had a rough fall, and some of that was based on how the schedule was developed and they played a lot of tough road games. But they must have lost half of their games in October and November by blowing big leads in the 3rd and 4th Q. that has gotten better as the year has gone on, and we should have less of those overall. 

other huge factor in their losses has been the turnovers. again, something they have improved as the year went on, and really is probably the biggest stat tied to experience

You actually got my point. I forgot about the Turnovers. I just hate the NBA regular season because many of the better teams don't seem to care and cost through it so unless your team is one of them it's hard to get a good read on how good they are really. Its why I hate using regular season win totals against these teams. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

You actually got my point. I forgot about the Turnovers. I just hate the NBA regular season because many of the better teams don't seem to care and cost through it so unless your team is one of them it's hard to get a good read on how good they are really. Its why I hate using regular season win totals against these teams. 

yeah, it gets particularly bad. i think if they have a ton of success this year that could potentially occur with the Sixers (resting Embiid more in the regular season would seem to not be a terrible idea)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, modogg said:

yeah, it gets particularly bad. i think if they have a ton of success this year that could potentially occur with the Sixers (resting Embiid more in the regular season would seem to not be a terrible idea)

My buddy tried to argue with me last night because apparently he was upset I wanted to see the Flyers game instead of the phillies game (Miscommunication on his part yet won't admit it) and was basically for some odd reason making fun of the Flyers while talking up the Sixers. He even admitted when we went to a Sixers bulls game at WFC last year and sat behind the Chi bench (unintentional really) some guy in the sec (Mostly all Bulls fans in the 3 sections behind it that he was a bandwagon fan of Philly sports teams despite claiming to be a diehard Eagles/76ers fan I was kind of miffed that it seemed he intentionally rooted for or glad to see the Flyers getting spanked. Anyway he tried telling me how the Sixers were good because of X teams they beat. I told him exactly what I mentioned of teams resting guys plus there were key guys out for injury so it's hard to argue regular season stats alone. I just hate when people want to use nBA regular season. I blame competitive balance as well as the season length for all of this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I think I may have past by the Heat team buses yesterday in the city. It was around like 3:45 or so. Assemble Suites roof top I think the hotel is called. I took one of the City Bus Tours same company as I did with Toronto the hop on hop off tour. Didn't get off anywhere just did the 90min ride along tour considering the time of day it was plus I was meeting my brother at a certain time later. Anyway the reason I think that was because I saw like 10 or so people roped off outside. A few with basketballs and it looked like stuff for people to sign. However by the time I noticed any of that I couldn't get a good look inside the buses. Dark windows and they were too far away. Tried to make out any security guys possible with a team logo or something. Buses were your typical Greyhound type buses. I didn't really see any news crews or anything and the Hotel lobby seemed pretty quiet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the 1st half was a little worrisome, but it did look like the team was playing with some nerves. 2nd half was definitely a pleasant surprise. I honestly don't see how the team can lose if Saric,Covington, Reddick, Belineli, and Erson keep hitting the 3s like they are. Winning a game in Miami will be key, and the Boston series looks like a possible sweep

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, modogg said:

the 1st half was a little worrisome, but it did look like the team was playing with some nerves. 2nd half was definitely a pleasant surprise. I honestly don't see how the team can lose if Saric,Covington, Reddick, Belineli, and Erson keep hitting the 3s like they are. Winning a game in Miami will be key, and the Boston series looks like a possible sweep

I'm not ruling out Boston till it's done. We have to start in Boston for 2 in that one. I think we win in 6.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Insein said:

I'm not ruling out Boston till it's done. We have to start in Boston for 2 in that one. I think we win in 6.

yeah, it is more about i am not worried about that team. they just don't seem that good. Indiana and Toronto are frightening though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, modogg said:

yeah, it is more about i am not worried about that team. they just don't seem that good. Indiana and Toronto are frightening though

Indiana is meh. Cavs will beat them. Just got caught off guard in game 1. Toronto is pretty good. That's why I'm glad LeBron with go up against them. He can take them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Insein said:

Indiana is meh. Cavs will beat them. Just got caught off guard in game 1. Toronto is pretty good. That's why I'm glad LeBron with go up against them. He can take them.

i agree if Lebron can beat the Pacers, they can take the Raptors. But i know i have under-rated Indiana all year, and they just seem like a well-coached team. if that is the ECF match-up, i think Sixers take it, but would be tough

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, modogg said:

i agree if Lebron can beat the Pacers, they can take the Raptors. But i know i have under-rated Indiana all year, and they just seem like a well-coached team. if that is the ECF match-up, i think Sixers take it, but would be tough

Cleve being out would be amazing.  Not sure there's a team I really fear besides Cleve/Tor.  Not saying we're elite, and still would be against us winning the ECF, but getting Boston would be a blessing. 

Any news on Embiids return?  I say let him keep sitting until we're even in a series.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Deamon said:

Cleve being out would be amazing.  Not sure there's a team I really fear besides Cleve/Tor.  Not saying we're elite, and still would be against us winning the ECF, but getting Boston would be a blessing. 

Any news on Embiids return?  I say let him keep sitting until we're even in a series.

Game 3 looks likely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, need2know said:

Surprised so many are scared of Toronto.  They have choked every year in the playoffs.  Why is this year any different?  They looked shaky the other night as well.

They will still have to prove it in the playoffs, but they have significantly improved their depth this year through some acquisitions and player development.  Casey has also radically changed the offense to shoot a lot more 3s to be more of a modern offense.  There is reason to believe that they will be different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, need2know said:

Surprised so many are scared of Toronto.  They have choked every year in the playoffs.  Why is this year any different?  They looked shaky the other night as well.

Passed concussion protocol yesterday or something like that. Out for Game 2 though. I don't know if it's all about the Concussion or they still need to wait for some of the swelling to go down as well. Per usual no one is giving any great updates on that. You'd think if he passed the Concussion tests he'd be available Game 2 though no? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

perfect combo of multiple players shooting like crap, miami played hard defense bordering on fouls every possession, and dwayne wade acting like its 2009

i liked the fight they showed in the second half.  im betting we dont see that wade again. hopefully win one down in Miami.  i know getting embiid back will help, just wonder how it will flow offensively with him missing so much time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...