What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bitcoin-Explain to me how to buy these things (8 Viewers)

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.

Sadly it's just clickbait garbage.  He's not broke or even close to it.  The trash that wrote that "article" just took a joke/ribbing from a podcast and wrote an article as if it was literal.  They were talking about the $40M he's made in the last year and his brother said something like "but he probably put it all in crypto and is poor now" and they all had a good laugh. 

The aren’t fine. Their average purchase price for everything is 50% higher than current. The loan is small but it’s a business with declining revenues that has also lost 33% (+ with loans) of their cash on hand since he made the move. Their next earnings in a month could be a doozy.

I’ve said this in here before. If you want to invest in crypto, do so, but buying MSTR is the wrong way to do it IMHO.
Mstr?

$2K to 1MM update.  $63,000.  High was $750,000 hex current price $0.045504

$45k gamble on sacrificing (pulse, pulse x, liquid loans) still waiting :kicksrock:

other stuff.  

11259.66207BAT

$4,552.64 USD

CCL options...   like $1K or something.

Cash for stocks $5K

Please keep in mind, this is gambling accnt./  about 10|% of total $$$

Theres been tons of rumblings about Voyager.  I kept meaning to move my stuff out of there but kept forgetting because it's just that free promo money from last year. 

Voyager filed for bankruptcy today. Lot of people seeing their money being burned away. Between this and Celsius I don’t understand how new money can ever really pour into this again. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Voyager filed for bankruptcy today. Lot of people seeing their money being burned away. Between this and Celsius I don’t understand how new money can ever really pour into this again. 

In the last crypto winter two of the largest exchanges similarly closed down and it didn't prevent new money from coming in during the next bull run.  And Voyager/Celsius aren't anywhere near the largest exchanges right now.  What happened last time would be like Coinbase and FTX both doing this, not Voyager/Celsius.  Heck Mt Gox was doing 70% of the BTC trading volume before it collapsed.

Not to mention while the writing may be on the wall, Voyager/Celsius aren't actually dead yet.  Voyager is using the chapter 11 to restructure, not go out of business (yet), and Celsius has been aggressively paying down debt (paid another $120M down today).

In the last crypto winter two of the largest exchanges similarly closed down and it didn't prevent new money from coming in during the next bull run.  And Voyager/Celsius aren't anywhere near the largest exchanges right now.  What happened last time would be like Coinbase and FTX both doing this, not Voyager/Celsius.  Heck Mt Gox was doing 70% of the BTC trading volume before it collapsed.

Not to mention while the writing may be on the wall, Voyager/Celsius aren't actually dead yet.  Voyager is using the chapter 11 to restructure, not go out of business (yet), and Celsius has been aggressively paying down debt (paid another $120M down today).
That was 2014 or something right? Crypto is much more mainstream and in the news now. I never heard of that in 2014, I doubt most people did. My mom asked what this about today. It’s going to make any new money extremely hesitant imo. 

That was 2014 or something right? Crypto is much more mainstream and in the news now. I never heard of that in 2014, I doubt most people did. My mom asked what this about today. It’s going to make any new money extremely hesitant imo. 

I think eventually it will be regulated and the exchanges will be FDIC insured.

Regardless, the news cycle moves fast.  1.7 million people use Celsius worldwide.  That's 1/4 the number of people that Wells Fargo defrauded in 2018.  A bigger loss than credit score for sure, but less than 1% of the number of people that have opened a crypto account.

Eth and others up huge in last week.  Surprised no talk.

I'm still Leary and think we may see lower lows

I'm nibbling at BTC again, set up a small daily recurring buy and will probably keep it in place until $30K or until I'm at 1/2 a BTC if it's stuck in the 20s or teens at which point I'd re-evaluate.  

Using BlockFi for this, planning on transferring to a private wallet at maybe every $2500 accumulated?  Really not sure the best way to do that, have only used wallets at Coinbase, BlockFi, etc.  Suggestions?

I'm nibbling at BTC again, set up a small daily recurring buy and will probably keep it in place until $30K or until I'm at 1/2 a BTC if it's stuck in the 20s or teens at which point I'd re-evaluate.  

Using BlockFi for this, planning on transferring to a private wallet at maybe every $2500 accumulated?  Really not sure the best way to do that, have only used wallets at Coinbase, BlockFi, etc.  Suggestions?
Buy a hardware wallet. If you think you'll just be using the Bitcoin, Ethereum and perhaps a third blockchain, a Ledger Nano S is sufficient. If you expect to broaden out and store crypto from more than 3 chains, you'll want a Nano X.  

ETA - buy directly from the Ledger site. Don't mess around with Amazon or another third party where the device is more susceptible to hack.

Captain Cranks said:
Buy a hardware wallet. If you think you'll just be using the Bitcoin, Ethereum and perhaps a third blockchain, a Ledger Nano S is sufficient. If you expect to broaden out and store crypto from more than 3 chains, you'll want a Nano X.  

ETA - buy directly from the Ledger site. Don't mess around with Amazon or another third party where the device is more susceptible to hack.
very important.  people set them up with password and return them to steal your money later

This is why crypto is crap.  This is like the days of the depression where people buried their cash in mason jars.

Crypto can be held in banks just like cash can.  That's essentially what the exchanges are.  Crypto banks.  It's just that it's still in its early stages and not yet treated as serious currency by the government, so there is no insurance or no guarantee that the government will spend tax payer money to bail you out like they'll do for cash.

The things that happened to Celsius have happened to banks many times before.  Now the government has just stepped in to put a bandaid on it by spending taxpayer money to force it to work.

The difference is that crypto doesn't really need banks if people don't want them, because crypto has a built in mechanism to safely and securely store it and move it around, unlike cash where you want to put it in the bank because if you kept it all in paper money in your house you'd be terrified it would catch on fire or something, and of course you wouldn't have access to it except when you're in your house.  Not to mention that buying a $50,000 car in literal dollar bills would be cumbersome and risky.

Warren Buffet said he "wouldn't buy all the Bitcoin in the world for $25" in his recent shareholders meeting (May '22).

Warren Buffet also has invested $1BB in Brazillian fintech Nubank (which in itself doesn't trade in cryptocurrencies, BUT its investment unit, NuInvest, allows users to invest in crypto exchange traded funds [ETF])

Follow the money, peeps. He may not be buying actual BTC, but he's certainly investing in the technology right now, because he knows it's the future.

Nice little BTC rally, but have read a good number of analysts predicting this is about the top of the bounce and we are headed for a freefall to 12-15K before the real bull cycle begins. Keep stackin' :)

https://twitter.com/web3isgreat?t=C-enl3b8xiZyQLEL16UGMQ&s=09

This is an account that covers all the bad news. Some of the numbers people getting screwed out of is cray cray.

Not a hater. But I think we need to get by the Wild West of scammers and people selling virtual beach houses to get to practical applications.
I feel so bad for the people with money in Celsius or Voyager. Just totally ripped off and nothing they can do about it.
i was so close to buying into Voyager way back when, but then i got high. or lazy, whatever. procrastination ftw.

Like many others, I put in the $100 to get a free hundred from Mark Cuban a while back. I got a notice from Voyager about being able to pull money out again, so I just logged into the app and was allowed to submit the request to transfer my initial $100 out. We'll see if the transfer actually goes through, but at least I got to give it a try.

Ripple ($XRP token) is “interested in learning about Celsius and its assets, and whether any could be relevant to our business.” When asked whether Ripple planned to wholly acquire Celsius, the spokesperson declined to say. CEL, the native utility token of Celsius’ platform, rose 23% on Wednesday following the news.

been stacking these too, for better or worse :lambos:

Reactions: KGB
And Blackrock makes crypto news for the second week in a row. This is huge, IMO.

Global Investment manager BlackRock launched a private trust to offer institutional entities exposure to spot Bitcoin. This will be the first trust that offers direct BTC exposure to US-based institutional clients. For the uninitiated, a spot Bitcoin market allows investors to buy and sell BTC at prevailing market prices. The transactions are settled on the spot after the buy or sell order is initiated.

One of Latin America's biggest online payment platforms is vowing to roll out crypto access to more countries across the region.

Mercado Pago says the planned expansion follows a successful launch in Brazil, where it claims more than one million users signed up for a crypto wallet in just two months.

Reactions: KGB

The second-biggest cryptocurrency could become more energy-efficient by mid-September

Date is set for "The Merge" for ETH! Smoke em if you got em boys!
I also think this is huge.

As btc goes up, so does everything.

Mt gox is still not done I assume though. I don't see why they wouldn't try to buy that instead of market price

The second-biggest cryptocurrency could become more energy-efficient by mid-September

Mt gox is still not done I assume though. I don't see why they wouldn't try to buy that instead of market price
KGB, what, if anything, do you think will make alt coins decouple from BTC?

KGB, what, if anything, do you think will make alt coins decouple from BTC?
Good question. Only thing I think is that BTC can 4x pretty quickly. 1-2 years. others may be able to 1000x

Ill be posting a bit about

in the future if you want to research now. as always. a gamble, not 401k stuff

Im already in if that matters, now were waiting for launch

SO I guess im posting because i will be posting when its a day 0 launch. like an ipo

Ill be posting a bit about

in the future if you want to research now. as always. a gamble, not 401k stuff

Im already in if that matters, now were waiting for launch

SO I guess im posting because i will be posting when its a day 0 launch. like an ipo
Also. Don't hold your breathe on this. I've been waiting a year

I got an email from Mt Gox last night saying they are getting ready to make payouts.
I was worried about a mt gox dump. No longer afraid. There will be some, buy supposedly the majority will be over years.

I'm not big I to btc so don't really follow. Any one else follow this closer?

Users who are viewing this thread