What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bitcoin-Explain to me how to buy these things (3 Viewers)

Anyone want to walk me through how to push a transaction?  I've got one sitting at 12 hours with 0/3 confirmations

Anyone who was with Full Tilt Poker should remember their affiliate program. Some people got rich off that. Was it a scam? I'll let you be the judge. Affiliate marketing is particularly easy when you are giving away free money.
Full tilt is a really weird example to use in defense of affiliate marketing, seeing as how two of its owners some stole like 10 mil from the players...

Anyways, no the idea of affiliate marketing is not necessarily a scam. But it does lend itself to shilling, and you sure do seem like a shill here.

there was this guy named bernie madoff who owned an investment firm.  he employed affiliate marketers to spread the word and bring in business.  now, some of them got rich.  was it a scam tho?  i will let you be the judge,,

172k unconfirmed transactions 

Avg tx fee to get mined in next block: $8.63 

this thing is toast 
I have a transaction stuck, learning a lot about how this works now.  Fee paid was .0030377 which is way below the avg fee to get mined, looks like I might be here a while

Ok I'm good with watching lumpy win. I'll just invest that 500 in more crypto, much higher upside that way
Didn't see that coming, really thought you'd come back somewhere around $16,500... I've got some work to do today, but being that 7/1/18 is a while away, we'll revisit. 

Bitcoin‏ @btc 20h20 hours ago

More

$13,000 #Bitcoin

Bitcoin‏ @btc 1h1 hour ago

More

Replying to @btc

$16,000 $Bitcoin

Bitcoin‏ @btc 5m5 minutes ago

More

$17,000 #Bitcoin

W. T. F.

This is unsustainable, right?  Right!?!?

I've never been more confused in all of my life.

Peyton Marino said:
ren, I appreciate a bear perspective from someone who actually understands the fundamentals and investment thesis of crypto and isn't just screaming IT'S A BUBBLE as blood pours out of their ears
:lmao:

FOMO is what's driving these prices.

Question? Say you bought at 6 and it's at 19 today and you want to sell. Is it seamless like I would with my schwab account? Or does it take a while? And is the sell price locked in? Also, when would the Russians steal my profits?

Question? Say you bought at 6 and it's at 19 today and you want to sell. Is it seamless like I would with my schwab account? Or does it take a while? And is the sell price locked in? Also, when would the Russians steal my profits?
If you have it in an exchange and hit sell you lock in your rate, but it can take a few days to hit your bank in some cases

But if you're transferring from another wallet to an exchange you're still at the mercy of fluctuations until you cash out

How many governments are buying bitcoin to get around sanctions?

Ross Ulricht has to be kicking himself.  The 26,000 bitcoins seized from him from Silkroad would be worth $494,000,000 today.  Of course there is also 600,000 bc that they tried to recover.  ($11,400,000,000)

Peyton Marino said:
ren, I appreciate a bear perspective from someone who actually understands the fundamentals and investment thesis of crypto and isn't just screaming IT'S A BUBBLE as blood pours out of their ears
If you're directing this at me, sorry to break it to you, but I have a pretty healthy understanding if that hasn't come across. The technology that underpins Bitcoin is here to stay, however, Bitcoin is being priced like they've already won the race, hint; they haven't.

Good read for you; Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds - I read this one a little while back, I'd give it a go. Bitcoin investors are in a euphoric state right now. 

Another interesting theory someone I know brought up to me a few days ago that I'm starting to think holds water:

Wall Street is running it up right now, when leveraged with futures, they'll dump their coins, crash it, and bank. Bitcoin investors are playing games with the people who eat their breakfasts. Furthermore, they're kinda incentivized to kill it. Interesting theory.

Last edited by a moderator:
So basically there are way more then sellers?
A bitcoin transaction has to be written to the blockchain like a huge accounting ledger. Could be buying or selling - any transfer of btc has to go on the ledger.

But there are far more knowledgeable sources out there - I'm just here for the memes and maybe a Merry Christmas.

A bitcoin transaction has to be written to the blockchain like a huge accounting ledger. Could be buying or selling - any transfer of btc has to go on the ledger.

But there are far more knowledgeable sources out there - I'm just here for the memes and maybe a Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas, hagmania!!!!!!

Nope. 

Just a BTC skeptic, who put in some cash to gamble and is currently enjoying this hot table. Now just fruitlessly trying to figure out when to take my chips off the table.
Pick a point and commit. I just want a new gaming rig or I guess I could pay off my student debt if it swings into looney bin territory.

If you're directing this at me, sorry to break it to you, but I have a pretty healthy understanding if that hasn't come across. The technology that underpins Bitcoin is here to stay, however, Bitcoin is being priced like they've already won the race, hint; they haven't.

Good read for you; Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds - I read this one a little while back, I'd give it a go. Bitcoin investors are in a euphoric state right now. 

Another interesting theory someone I know brought up to me a few days ago that I'm starting to think holds water:

Wall Street is running it up right now, when leveraged with futures, they'll dump their coins, crash it, and bank. Bitcoin investors are playing games with the people who eat their breakfasts. Furthermore, they're kinda incentivized to kill it. Interesting theory.
Dude you've been wrong over and over again, and really have no grasp whatsoever of what made bitcoin a paradigm in the first place.  Here's a clue: it wasn't as an investment speculation tulip.  

I tend to agree with you as far as the forthcoming short, I mean this is beanie baby tier stuff, but you are literally the dead last most historically wrong person on this board to claim any type of authority when it comes to being knowledgeable about cryptocurrency.  

Dude you've been wrong over and over again, and really have no grasp whatsoever of what made bitcoin a paradigm in the first place.  Here's a clue: it wasn't as an investment speculation tulip.  

I tend to agree with you as far as the forthcoming short, I mean this is beanie baby tier stuff, but you are literally the dead last most historically wrong person on this board to claim any type of authority when it comes to being knowledgeable about cryptocurrency.  
you mean we shouldn't give him credit for pointing out this is all bat#### crazy???

Users who are viewing this thread