What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bitcoin-Explain to me how to buy these things (4 Viewers)

one has to warp the definition of a Ponzi scheme to call BTC one.
Pon·zi scheme

ˈpänzē ˌskēm/

noun

a form of fraud in which belief in the success of a nonexistent enterprise is fostered by the payment of quick returns to the first investors from money invested by later investors.

Pon·zi scheme

ˈpänzē ˌskēm/

noun

a form of fraud in which belief in the success of a nonexistent enterprise is fostered by the payment of quick returns to the first investors from money invested by later investors.
You can call it a fraud, but it wasn't created to defraud people, and it's purpose still isn't to defraud.  Bitcoin doesn't offer any guaranteed or quick returns. 

- There are no paid dividends to any investors.

- The purpose of using bitcoin isn’t to recruit new participants.  

- There’s no centralized body that funnels money up to the top.

You can call it a fraud, but it wasn't created to defraud people, and it's purpose still isn't to defraud.  Bitcoin doesn't offer any guaranteed or quick returns. 

The first rule of Fight Club......

It was never intended to be a ponzi scheme, but that's what it morphed into.

Yeah.  I'm slowly parsing my way out of bitcoin and into ethereum.  I sell a fraction of a bitcoin and that buys several ethereum.  I think it's the safer play for a variety of reasons.  It could bust too of course.  But at least there is a legitimate blockchain behind it. 

The whole thing has gotten out of hand, although I can still see BTC hitting $40,000, so I will keep some in there.

Bitcoin isn't a ponzi scheme.  Maybe someone's mis-defined version of what a ponzi scheme really is.  But bitcoin investors are definitely hyping up the market to get new investors in, and thereby driving up the price.  That part needs to get regulated.  People are writing blogs, books, and on forums pumping up the value of it, while they own it.  That's the part that scares me.  Not much substance behind the valuation.

Why are you not posting lightning stuff?
I did post about it.  There's a link to the testnet in this thread if you want to try it.  

https://i.imgur.com/bBZARNO.jpg

It's about crippling the blockchain so Blockstream can turn Bitcoin into their cash cow.  It's an impractical fix for a problem that wouldn't exist if they could find it in themselves to change a variable in the blocksize from 1 to 2, 2 to 4, 4 to 8, etc.  

I did post about it.  There's a link to the testnet in this thread if you want to try it.  

https://i.imgur.com/bBZARNO.jpg

It's about crippling the blockchain so Blockstream can turn Bitcoin into their cash cow.  It's an impractical fix for a problem that wouldn't exist if they could find it in themselves to change a variable in the blocksize from 1 to 2, 2 to 4, 4 to 8, etc.  
So throw it out there, we both know u are wrong,  bcc, joke, bat, long long shot.  Ethereum, stable.

For those who sold some of their BTC for a satisfactory profit, are you dumping that $ in ETH now?

Last edited by a moderator:
(Blockstream CSO) Samson Mow‏ @Excellion

Bitcoin isn't for people that live on less than $2 a day. You're imagining someone with your knowledge & background that is poor. @Falkvinge

He headed an OS known for "the blue screen of death".

He has a lot of experience with things crashing. 
I don't dispute, what you say, but you spew alot of bs.  You just name any side you are for or against on crypto.  I will bet the other for 1k.  Now know if you don't take a side....u r bs.

(Blockstream CSO) Samson Mow‏ @Excellion

Bitcoin isn't for people that live on less than $2 a day. You're imagining someone with your knowledge & background that is poor. @Falkvinge
A lot of stuff isn't for people that live on less than $2 a day.

Back to the 16k range after dipping to 13k over the weekend. The run up to 19k was nuts, but last week we started at 11k....so 16k after THAT weekend is still good.

I think this thing will break and sustain over 20k for sure. This thing isn't long term, but trying to time the market will be fun. I got in at 4.6k so can't complain.

That ending ? they were ####ting themselves
Love how they just dismissed him as going off the deep end.  Reminds me of that time jojo tried to get a few of us fbgers to band together and mine a few of these things with our laptops.  He’s probably off on his own island right now.

Users who are viewing this thread