What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Detroit Pistons thread - Years of failure finally pay off (2 Viewers)

Pistons home attendance is actually up slightly so far, from 15,979 (25th in NBA) to 16,744 (22nd).

Supposedly it looks emptier on TV because everyone's out enjoying all the wonderful things the concourse has to offer.  :lol:

Part of the issue is just the way the Pistons run their ship. The Red Wings people go out of their way to fill the stadium. They will give corporations huge swaths of seats, they will donate tickets to charity, etc. There is a whole large team of people who'se job it is to make sure the Red Wings games have lots of people there. That staff has offered to help do the same and fill the Pistons games but the Pistons people have said no.

The relationship between the Wings and Pistons groups isn't very good right now.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming Boston and Cleveland are top 2, the battle for the next few spots will be pretty close.

Raptors are 4th right now and pretty much a known commodity. 76ers could be scary if Embiid stays healthy. Bucks have the best player in the NBA and now a 2nd star in Bledsoe.

Wizards should be in this mix too once Wall gets healthy. Pistons have a chance to hang a loss on them tonight while he's out.

I imagine the Pistons will end up somewhere in the 3-6 range and play one of the above teams in the first round. Hopefully they'll have home court.

Most of the current losing streak was understandable. Close losses to good teams on the road, then 2 to title contenders at home.

But 20-point home loss to the Nuggets for 7 in a row? Ooooof.

One positive is my daughter went out to dinner in Detroit on Tuesday.  They decided to go to the Piston game.  Ended up buying 2 lower level seats for 10.00 dollars each.  Then ended up in the second row behind the basket because LCA was empty.  She sais the scalper were chasing them and under cutting each other by the minute.

Nice start to the Blake Griffin era - 4-0 since the trade, 3-0 with him, back to .500 on the season.

Griffin looks really good and is meshing well with Drummond. Will be interesting when Reggie Jackson comes back. I like Ish Smith but he isn't a great fit when a team wants to initiate the offense through its big men. It's working well for guys like Kennard, Bullock and Galloway though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice start to the Blake Griffin era - 4-0 since the trade, 3-0 with him, back to .500 on the season.

Griffin looks really good and is meshing well with Drummond. Will be interesting when Reggie Jackson comes back. I like Ish Smith but he isn't a great fit when a team wants to initiate the offense through its big men. It's working well for guys like Kennard, Bullock and Galloway though.
They still need some work but for now are at least a better team to watch.

Excited about the new season? I know I’m not.

Projected lineup

C Drummond

PF Griffin

SF You

SG Me

PG Reggie Jackson? :fingerscrossed:

Jackson’s health probably the only thing that can hold this team back from fulfilling its potential of a .500 record and the 8th seed. Get your tickets now! Or 5 minutes before tip, they’ll still be available.

So how do you guys feel about Stefanski being hired to run the gm search and then just installing himself?

kinda like the supposed story of Steven seagal where he said to an actor

“I just read the greatest screenplay in the world”

“oh yeah, who wrote it?”

“i did.”

So how do you guys feel about Stefanski being hired to run the gm search and then just installing himself?

kinda like the supposed story of Steven seagal where he said to an actor

“I just read the greatest screenplay in the world”

“oh yeah, who wrote it?”

“i did.”
The weirdest thing was that he was never really introduced or announced as GM. He just... didn't hire anyone.

It seems pretty dysfunctional but there really wasn't much to do this offseason with no first-round pick or cap space, so I'm just gonna not worry about it and enjoy the mediocrity.

Starting Glenn r3  over Stanley seems like a good move. Anything to get more offense into the lineup. Stanley always seemed more of an off the bench guy. Need to get as many decent shooters into this lineup as possible.

I didn’t know there was a basketball thread but this Pistons season as been quite a ride. The last 15 minutes have been the best Pistons basketball in years.  

Mostly, although I’d love to see this thread become active, especially if the Pistons are actually starting to put it together a little bit.
I thought the nba thread used to be pretty active, did the switch to a basketball forum kill it?

Pistons have had a very easy schedule but they are playing so well. Also it still blows me away that Drummond is only 25.

I thought the nba thread used to be pretty active, did the switch to a basketball forum kill it?

Pistons have had a very easy schedule but they are playing so well. Also it still blows me away that Drummond is only 25.
The nba thread is plenty active.  It’s just that its mostly talk about the sixers, lebrons  legacy, and comparing different eras of basketball.

Users who are viewing this thread