What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL HAWKS THREAD - ECF BOUND!!!!*** (1 Viewer)

AAABatteries

Footballguy
Seeing as I will probably be the only person to ever post in here I thought about a subtitle of AAATAN but didn't want to be derivative.

Go Hawks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I should have guessed that a Kings-Hawks tilt in October would be as boring as it sounds. Howard may not be the all NBA guy he used to be, but he still controlled the paint and Cousins last night, which not many can do. 

So i guess they were never in Missouri at the same time?  I probably knew that especially since the kings weren't even in kc that long, but I still got excited about that retroactively when I saw that link.

i have problems.
They actually only missed by 4 years.

Did the Kings play some games in Omaha?  Like half and half?

This belongs in the Hawks thread, right?

thecatch said:
Guess I should have guessed that a Kings-Hawks tilt in October would be as boring as it sounds. Howard may not be the all NBA guy he used to be, but he still controlled the paint and Cousins last night, which not many can do. 
Howard had a really impressive game if you ignore his FT shooting.  I think my wife could do better than 8-20.  He's had a good start to the season.

Splitter - man, I had high hopes that he would provide some of what we've seen from Dwight so far.  I should have known if Pop was giving him up that he wasn't going to do much - he's been a disappointment since he arrived.  Hope he gets healthy and can be a solid backup for Dwight.

PG still worries me - there any decent veteran PGs out there the Hawks could pick up?  Way too early to know how the season will go - but if we can get good PG play I really like the team.  We aren't challenging Cle but I don't see anybody else in the East that is obviosuly better.

So i guess they were never in Missouri at the same time?  I probably knew that especially since the kings weren't even in kc that long, but I still got excited about that retroactively when I saw that link.

i have problems.
I had never seen that site before - I spent an hour just checking out the Team X vs.... pages.  Some pretty interesting stuff.  It's amazing how close a lot of the W-L records are for most franchises. If you take out the C's and Lakers most teams seen around .500 against most of the league.  

Then you jump to the championships page and see the league has always been dominated by a handful of teams.  

Not sure if anyone else was watching Monday night but from the sound of the arena it actually seemed like the crowd was into the game

And now I'm thinking after quick check that maybe I had my surround sound up.. (12,501 / 18,501 67% capacity)  :shrug:

money.never.sleeps said:
Not sure if anyone else was watching Monday night but from the sound of the arena it actually seemed like the crowd was into the game

And now I'm thinking after quick check that maybe I had my surround sound up.. (12,501 / 18,501 67% capacity)  :shrug:
At one time they were piping in crowd noise.  That's not a horrible crowd for a Monday night that fell on Halloween against Sacramento.  

Hawks put their undefeated record on the line against the Lakers tonight.  Everybody says the same thing, but these are the kind of games you have to take care of business if you want to have a chance at 1st round home court in the playoffs.

####### pathetic effort tonight.  Defense was horrendous and Bud let the game get away from him.  Embarrassing to lose to the Lakers when they played the night before and you rested.  Just horrible all around.

Box for D12 looked great except 0 Block. Wow

31/11.. 7/10 ft and a loss??
They were in control and I stopped watching to watch game 7.  I come back and the Lakers had narrowed the score down to 6.  Instead of putting the starters back in Bud let the bench try to maintain.  By the time he put them back in they had no momentum and the starters coasted.  

I liked the Hawks but can't really watch the NBA anymore. Unless LeBron James gets injured and is out for the year, there will be no intrique.

Fariq said:
I liked the Hawks but can't really watch the NBA anymore. Unless LeBron James gets injured and is out for the year, there will be no intrique.
I agree - you have to enjoy the game and not worry about your team winning a championship.  I like basketball so I'll still watch a lot of games.  I have no doubt that the Hawks will do no better than ECF (and that's would be a fantastic season).

Embiid and the Sixers come to town tonight.  Excited to get to see him play.  This is a game they need to get up early and put them away.  I was thinking the same thing before the Laker game so hopefully Bud has them focused coming in. 

This is way too ####### similar to the Lake game.  And now Hardaway is banged up.

Hawks defense is lethargic and not contesting out to the 3-pt line.

Pretty much right after I posted complaining they put the hammer down and kind of closed out the Sixers. 

7-2 start to the season is good - highest pt. differential in the East.  We've had a relatively soft schedule so far so no reason to get too excited.  What we can be optimistic about is that they've developed a nice bench rotation and so far Delaney has been a solid backup PG for the team.

Users who are viewing this thread