What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR- Bryce Treggs , The Man (1 Viewer)

I picked him up on Saturday after listening Matthew Berry.  He mentioned how he's in a league with Mort and that he picked him up.  Apparently Mort has a tendency to pick up these unknown guys and they end up doing well.  It seems he was right as Treggs got some playing time.

This Breggs the question, will Wentz push the ball down the field any time soon?

Last edited by a moderator:
He sure didn't look 6 foot on Sunday, but he looks like he can fly, can he do anything else though?

Watched him with interest this weekend because Wentz is a burgeoning mancrush and Green-Beckham may be doing the least with the most of anyone in NFL history. Can sneak behind coverage but can't run a route to save his life yet. He'll get game-planned pretty quick if he does any further breaking out.

Treggs (the son of Brian Treggs, who had a cup of coffee in the NFL in 1992) was pretty effective in the spread system at Cal, but he never felt like a major difference-maker. He did lead the 2015 team in receiving, but that's because Kenny Lawler was injured for much of the season. He's fast, although 4.31 is clearly deflated by Pro Day timing; 4.4 is probably about right. Reasonably agile but doesn't have moves anything like Desean's. Runs decent routes, has good hands. He can return kicks and punts.

I don't think it's likely he'll wind up as a NFL WR1. I'd say his upside is a solid contributor as a complementary WR, but he may or may not get there, and I'd be really surprised if he gets there this season. 

Treggs (the son of Brian Treggs, who had a cup of coffee in the NFL in 1992) was pretty effective in the spread system at Cal, but he never felt like a major difference-maker. He did lead the 2015 team in receiving, but that's because Kenny Lawler was injured for much of the season. He's fast, although 4.31 is clearly deflated by Pro Day timing; 4.4 is probably about right. Reasonably agile but doesn't have moves anything like Desean's. Runs decent routes, has good hands. He can return kicks and punts.

I don't think it's likely he'll wind up as a NFL WR1. I'd say his upside is a solid contributor as a complementary WR, but he may or may not get there, and I'd be really surprised if he gets there this season. 
Ok maybe not Desean. Eddie Royalish or perhaps a Emmanuel Sanders maybe? I know I'm reaching but the dynasty bench is a little short on WR projects at the moment and they seem to get harder to find as the season progresses. If they haven't made the field yet and flashed, they probably won't.

Futz said:
Ok maybe not Desean. Eddie Royalish or perhaps a Emmanuel Sanders maybe? I know I'm reaching but the dynasty bench is a little short on WR projects at the moment and they seem to get harder to find as the season progresses. If they haven't made the field yet and flashed, they probably won't.
My take would be that Kenny Lawler and Trevor Davis are probably better dynasty prospects, but Treggs was more productive than Davis at Cal so maybe there's something I'm missing.

My numbers had Treggs rated as the best of the Cal WRs, and the 11th best WR in the draft class. But then I stopped paying attention to him when he went undrafted (after failing to get a combine invite).

He's a speedy deep threat - in college he had great yards per target (12.6 YPT), caught a lot of deep balls (1.3 25+ yard rec per game), good speed (4.39 40 at his pro day), low volume, not many TDs.

A moderately optimistic projection is a Devery Henderson or Aldrick Robinson sort of deep threat. He has a chance to do more than that, but the most likely possibility is still that he does less.

Futz said:
I'd be thinking more along the lines of ginn or DHB. 

Grab him for free now if you have room on your dynasty roster(s). Love him in the Eagles system, he could start with the clowns at WR on this team.

Eagles WRs are hot garbage. Only one playing half decent is Jordan Matthews. Treggs came in and caught some deep balls for Wentz which should give Carson confidence he can try deep again. Hopefully the coaching staff puts him in there. The offense has been devoid of big plays (over 20 yds) and last game they had 6, 2 to Treggs. So the opportunity will be there. Hopefully this guy can seize it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Against Atlanta especially without trufant, there are certainly worse flyers today.  Eagles showed more of a willingness to push the ball downfield last week and treggs would be the biggest beneficiary.

Eagles game plan turned out to be super run-heavy, at least in part to keep ththe falcons o off the field.  It's not like Wentz was going for others down the field.  Just matthews and a little ertz on intermediate routes and some other short stuff.

This is a week to week guy. Think Desean but with less talent. It could be 2/85/1 one week and 0/0/0 the next.

Users who are viewing this thread