What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 11 (1 Viewer)

KarmaPolice

Footballguy
Do we still keep these separate, or just talk about week 11 dfs in one location. 

So, I assume all of our discussions begin with figuring out how many Pitts players we can shove in our LUs?

KarmaPolice said:
Do we still keep these separate, or just talk about week 11 dfs in one location. 

So, I assume all of our discussions begin with figuring out how many Pitts players we can shove in our LUs?
All of my comments will be FD based

All of my comments will be FD based
Fair enough, and I know that there is more people on FD here, just thought there were a couple nuggets about players/matchups that were buried over there last week - especially about D.Murray.  

Random comments/observations:

NE with the huge implied 32.5 team total - but WTF do you play?  Brady is very pricey at 9300, so you are going to have to cut probably at WR3 and TE to make that work and have a decent RB2.  Blount has been a TD machine, so my impulse is to go there for RB2, but with Lewis supposedly healthy I would have to look at that.  If Gronk is a no-go, does that make Bennett a lock at TE?  Love my team, and you have to a piece of that team total, but that is frustrating.

I really like the discount you have with a couple players - David and Wilson.  Wilson getting his mojo back and is back home vs. Philly.  Only 7400, and while we have Philly D stopping Ryan at home fresh in our minds, teams have been able to pass on them - Eli, Dak, Cousins, and Stafford have all put up 20+ on them in the last 6 weeks. Wilson has had back to back 20+games. Seattle is also trying to figure out their running game too.  David I assume gets the "Minny D at home" discount.  But it's hard not to gravitate to him when he is at 8300 and cheaper than Bell, Murray, and Zeke. 

Mariota jumped up in price to 8000, but it's hard to pass on him at QB with the streak that he is on and going against a not great Indy D in a big matchup.  Everyone will be on Ben, but Mariota is 400 cheaper, has the rushing floor, and is involved in a game that is more likely going to require him to keep airing it out until the end.  Will think about this one more too, as I usually like my QBs to be on a team with higher implied totals, especially in cash. 

The Buffalo players all jumped out to me.  Taylor, Clay, and McCoy all have good matchups on paper, should be fresh coming off the bye, and are pretty cheap for their positions.  Might go with Taylor/Clay or Taylor/McCoy for gpps. 

NE with the huge implied 32.5 team total - but WTF do you play?  Brady is very pricey at 9300, so you are going to have to cut probably at WR3 and TE to make that work and have a decent RB2.  Blount has been a TD machine, so my impulse is to go there for RB2, but with Lewis supposedly healthy I would have to look at that.  If Gronk is a no-go, does that make Bennett a lock at TE?  Love my team, and you have to a piece of that team total, but that is frustrating.

I really like the discount you have with a couple players - David and Wilson.  Wilson getting his mojo back and is back home vs. Philly.  Only 7400, and while we have Philly D stopping Ryan at home fresh in our minds, teams have been able to pass on them - Eli, Dak, Cousins, and Stafford have all put up 20+ on them in the last 6 weeks. Wilson has had back to back 20+games. Seattle is also trying to figure out their running game too.  David I assume gets the "Minny D at home" discount.  But it's hard not to gravitate to him when he is at 8300 and cheaper than Bell, Murray, and Zeke. 

Mariota jumped up in price to 8000, but it's hard to pass on him at QB with the streak that he is on and going against a not great Indy D in a big matchup.  Everyone will be on Ben, but Mariota is 400 cheaper, has the rushing floor, and is involved in a game that is more likely going to require him to keep airing it out until the end.  Will think about this one more too, as I usually like my QBs to be on a team with higher implied totals, especially in cash. 

The Buffalo players all jumped out to me.  Taylor, Clay, and McCoy all have good matchups on paper, should be fresh coming off the bye, and are pretty cheap for their positions.  Might go with Taylor/Clay or Taylor/McCoy for gpps. 
Blount and Bennett are who I will target here in Cash, I could see a Brady/Edelman/Bennett super stack or even a Blount/NE stack for GPPs

Wilson I agree on, will stack him with Baldwin for GPPs

DJ not so much, I much prefer other options at RB including; Bell, Murray, Stewart (Thur-Mon), Reddick, Ware, Miller

Mariota/Walker stack for GPPs sounds OK, I just worry about this game script being Tenn playing smashmouth football, keeping Luck off the field and controlling the TOP

I really like ARob and Thomas at Det, maybe stressful in the first half but they will meet 2X value at a min

Really like Cam in the Thur-Mon slate and will stack him with Olsen even in cash

Love the NYG defense

Prater looks to be my K, at home, 47 total and indoors, he is at 4600 I believe

In the Pitt/Clev game a couple of cheap options jump out to me, ERogers, CColeman and L Green at TE

MIA and LA both look to be decent plays at Def

What do we make of the GB def??  Cousins may be a good GPP option with a Reed stack

Not sure what to make of the Mexico game, Carr/Crabtree maybe, just not real sure

I'm staying on CJ Prosis has a cheap option at RB if I want to get AB/Jordy/ODB Jr/Dez at WR

Fitz may be the safest 7000-7500 you can spend this week

If the game plays out as expected then Kap may be a nice low cost QB playing from behind early and running often

Who does Ramsey cover?  MJone Jr or Tate, whomever it is I want the other WR

Last edited by a moderator:

Just a quick comment before I've done much research -- the Titans historically suck something awful against Indy. Mariota has been great, and I COMPLETELY whiffed on my game prediction for the Titans (though luckily for me not on Mariota or Rodgers outcomes), but it is kind of a punchline around Nashville. 

Just a quick comment before I've done much research -- the Titans historically suck something awful against Indy. Mariota has been great, and I COMPLETELY whiffed on my game prediction for the Titans (though luckily for me not on Mariota or Rodgers outcomes), but it is kind of a punchline around Nashville. 
Thanks - definitely something to look into. 

Blount and Bennett are who I will target here in Cash, I could see a Brady/Edelman/Bennett super stack or even a Blount/NE stack for GPPs

Wilson I agree on, will stack him with Baldwin for GPPs

DJ not so much, I much prefer other options at RB including; Bell, Murray, Stewart (Thur-Mon), Reddick, Ware, Miller

Mariota/Walker stack for GPPs sounds OK, I just worry about this game script being Tenn playing smashmouth football, keeping Luck off the field and controlling the TOP

I really like ARob and Thomas at Det, maybe stressful in the first half but they will meet 2X value at a min

Really like Cam in the Thur-Mon slate and will stack him with Olsen even in cash

Love the NYG defense

Prater looks to be my K, at home, 47 total and indoors, he is at 4600 I believe

In the Pitt/Clev game a couple of cheap options jump out to me, ERogers, CColeman and L Green at TE

MIA and LA both look to be decent plays at Def

What do we make of the GB def??  Cousins may be a good GPP option with a Reed stack

Not sure what to make of the Mexico game, Carr/Crabtree maybe, just not real sure

I'm staying on CJ Prosis has a cheap option at RB if I want to get AB/Jordy/ODB Jr/Dez at WR

Fitz may be the safest 7000-7500 you can spend this week

If the game plays out as expected then Kap may be a nice low cost QB playing from behind early and running often

Kinda like last week with the suggestions of a Palmer/David stack for cash, is a Brady/Blount stack viable as well?

I get what you are saying for DJ, just rare that you get him at any discount and should be looked at, at least for gpps. 

Looking at what Vegas had yesterday, it seems they are saying the few close games with high totals are NO/Car, Tenn/Indy, GB/Wash.  I think they always want to run smashmouth, but the Tenn D has been letting points come through the air, so I think Luck could get them away from that a little. 

I am starting to think very little of the GB defense.  They weren't great vs. the pass at any point this year, and now it's been shown that teams can run on them too.  They do allow a lot of points to the QB and TE...

Not sure about MNF either, and will probably just fade that one.  On paper it looks like both of the Ds can be run on and the Rbs could have a good day. 

sup guys...

If Gronk doesn't play, I'm probably going to have Bennett in near 100% of my line-ups. Jordan Reed and Eric Ebron are two other ones I'm looking at because they are playing at home and should put up some decent numbers. 

Now... weather in Cleveland. Last time I mentioned weather was the GB - DET game when Stafford / Marvin Jones went off. That bit me in the ###.

BUT... as of now I'm seeing winds of ~20 mph which severely affect the passing / kicking game. I know CLE is bad and PIT is rolling but I'm liking the Steelers D and L. Bell in this contest. Of course, it is only Tuesday and we need to look at updated weather reports.

Will probably be going back to Mike Evans this week. I always like one WR in my line-up that has is an under-dog playing an away game. So for me this is probably Evans, Cobb, or Robinson.

Some decent cheap options out there for RB. CJ Prosise, Rob Kelley, James White if you want a cheap option in the NE offense, Theo Riddick...

First attempt at a lineup:

Luck

Bell/Johnson

Antonio Brown, Jordan Matthews, Steve Smith

Bennett, Boswell, Cowboys

Luck

Bell/Johnson

Fearful Luck won't see the field much since Indy can't stop the run and that is what Ten does

Also don't like DJ at Minn, he will have to score a TD to reach value

Interesting... it is also a divisional game and the second time these teams will be meeting this season. Is it me, or does the 2nd divisional game always fall short of expected points?

Luck

Bell/Johnson

I like it and it is similar to ones that I came up with.  Curious to see how Dodds' #s like them in the IVC, but I had:

Mariota

Bell/Johnson

Green/Crowder/Smith

Bennett

Gostkowski

Dallas

I don't mind Johnson in Minn.  I think the 4 at the top of the price range have shown that they are pretty much matchup proof, and he is the cheapest.  Also seems that everybody likes him about as much as Bell as far as scoring goes this week too.  I guess I look at it in a simplistic and most of the time there are only 2-3 Rbs and WRs projected at 20+points a week.  If you are choosing this week, it might be between A.Brown and David this week (I, like you also have a LU with David/Bell/Brown).  DJ has is on the road with a tough D (well, not the last couple weeks), but Brown also has the risk of Pitts going up huge early and not risking getting Ben hurt more and running Bell down their throats. 

You can do the same thing if you are looking at paying up for WRs DJ is 8300 Evans is 8000 AJG is 8200.  I think there is more chance for a dud week from the WRs than there is from the stud RBs, which is a big reason why I have been paying up at that spot when I can lately.  If you have a core and are down to the last couple spots, I guess I like something like DJ+Diggs more than Riddick+Evans this week (not sure on the salaries, but you guys get my point)

Oh, and can we trust either of those Chicago WRs with Jeffery out, or do we just look who is throwing them the ball and pass on that mess?  Wondering about them and E.Rogers in the same price range.

My first run through...

Luck

Bell/Gurley

Nelson/Fitzgerald/Crowder

Bennett

Prater

KC

Need to watch Fitz's health...Gurley may be risky, but I have a feeling about him this week.  I know the offense is anemic, and he hasn't produced much fantasy wise,  but they have faced a couple of stout run D's recently.  Miami's run D has not been very good.  If he can find the end zone, the $6700 price tag isn't too bad.  I think he gets it done.  

Other players I find interesting and debating...

Rodgers, Big Ben, Stafford, Cousins

Ware, Blount, Zeke

Green, Tate, Pryor, Moncrief, Meredith

Walker

Fearful Luck won't see the field much since Indy can't stop the run and that is what Ten does

Also don't like DJ at Minn, he will have to score a TD to reach value
He torched them for 353 the 1st game they played. I don't disagree with you that he shouldn't be great against the Titans. But this game plays out weirdly on a regular basis, and seldom good for the Titans. 

Gronk isn't really getting many targets so I wouldn't overestimate the bump for anyone in particular.

After my initial pass I'm leaning towards fading the super pricey RBs and going with guys like Gore and Blount in cash.

mrip541 said:
Gronk isn't really getting many targets so I wouldn't overestimate the bump for anyone in particular.

After my initial pass I'm leaning towards fading the super pricey RBs and going with guys like Gore and Blount in cash.
Interesting.  What are you trying to load up by doing this?  Just curious what your LU looks like with these RBs. 

Blair Walsh released today but still showing as avail on FD.

Most of you guys prob know this but just reiterating it since a lot of us don't really check kicker status before game time.

Gotta add some MIA D in GPP's this week with Goff having his first start.  Suh is probably foaming at the mouth.

Galileo said:
My first run through...

Luck

Bell/Gurley

Nelson/Fitzgerald/Crowder

Bennett

Prater

KC

Need to watch Fitz's health...Gurley may be risky, but I have a feeling about him this week.  I know the offense is anemic, and he hasn't produced much fantasy wise,  but they have faced a couple of stout run D's recently.  Miami's run D has not been very good.  If he can find the end zone, the $6700 price tag isn't too bad.  I think he gets it done.  

Other players I find interesting and debating...

Rodgers, Big Ben, Stafford, Cousins

Ware, Blount, Zeke

Green, Tate, Pryor, Moncrief, Meredith

Walker
While I am looking at him in gpps because his price is pretty low, 0 chance I would use Gurley in cash.  Floor is just too low, especially with Goff's first start and the unknown there.  Riddick is as unsexy of a pick as they come, but the exact same price and IMO provides a better floor for cash. 

While I am looking at him in gpps because his price is pretty low, 0 chance I would use Gurley in cash.  Floor is just too low, especially with Goff's first start and the unknown there.  Riddick is as unsexy of a pick as they come, but the exact same price and IMO provides a better floor for cash. 
I'm a bigger fan of Theo than most. He typically provides a pretty solid floor with his receptions. I use him a fair amount when I don't have anyone in particular I feel strongly about. He's basically my back-up prom date. 

I'm thinking Brady may be my primary QB even if his salary is $11,000. 0 TDs last week + loss + atrocious defense. NE knows how to channel FSU from the early to mid 90's and obliterate bad opponents. And Tom is going to get his. 

Interesting.  What are you trying to load up by doing this?  Just curious what your LU looks like with these RBs. 
I'm sure things will change quite a bit but something like Luck - Blount, Prosise - A Brown, AJ Green, J Nelson/Hilton - Bennett - K - Def

:goodposting:

I'm sure things will change quite a bit but something like Luck - Blount, Prosise - A Brown, AJ Green, J Nelson/Hilton - Bennett - K - Def
Interesting, and I hadn't really thought about going that route, but the IVC likes it just as much as the stuff I have been putting in.  Was putzing around with Thursday stuff and got:

Cam- Blount/Prosise - Brown/Green/Evans - Bennett - Lutz - Dallas. 

What is it about T.Y. that the guys don't seem to like this week?  I thought he would be much higher on the projections, but he is sitting right below J.Matthews for Dodds for 12pts.  MT has him at 9 points. He torched them last meeting, and opposing teams #1 WR seem to do well vs. Tenn.  What I am I missing?

riddick is kind of an interesting cash game thought this week.  jax is #1 in the entire nfl vs rbs catching passes but theyre overall pretty bad vs the run in general.  dodds, tremblay and bloom are each only projecting 12 carries.  detroit is a td favorite here so vegas expects the games script to theoretically set up for det to be in a position to run the ball in the 2nd half.  do we think those carries go to theo?

my gut tells me the same thing it does every week: hes not in play for fd cash games.  but i think its def worth taking a closer look at. 

What is it about T.Y. that the guys don't seem to like this week?  I thought he would be much higher on the projections, but he is sitting right below J.Matthews for Dodds for 12pts.  MT has him at 9 points. He torched them last meeting, and opposing teams #1 WR seem to do well vs. Tenn.  What I am I missing?
And T.Y. typically does very well in Lucas.

mt def too low on him.  bloom has him at 6-76-.5 which seems fine to me.  tenn has been middle of the road vs #1 wrs but also bottom third vs #2 and #3.  overall i think they have him right about where he should be but since tenn has been pretty bad vs the pass overall in the highest total of the week if you want to move him up a little i think thats reasonable.

i think he should be a great gpp play this week.

mt def too low on him.  bloom has him at 6-76-.5 which seems fine to me.  tenn has been middle of the road vs #1 wrs but also bottom third vs #2 and #3.  overall i think they have him right about where he should be but since tenn has been pretty bad vs the pass overall in the highest total of the week if you want to move him up a little i think thats reasonable.

i think he should be a great gpp play this week.
For the statistically inclined, here are T.Y.'s 9-game career stats against TEN:

RSH

YD

TD

TARG

REC

YD

TD

Total

Home

Away

He got his first TD against them earlier this year.  Better at Home than Away, but not enough for you to dance a jig about.

You all pooped on my Gurley prospects (all legitimate points even though I still like him this week), so here is another whose risk may be better suited for gpp, but I think can easily reach value for cash usefulness... James Starks.  $5500 price tag...put up 11.9 in first game back in a situation where Green Bay had to abandon the run early to play catch up ball.  I don't think that game script happens again this week against Washington.  I see Starks' workload increasing making a 2-3x return possible while freeing up dollars to be spent elsewhere.

Galileo said:
You all pooped on my Gurley prospects (all legitimate points even though I still like him this week), so here is another whose risk may be better suited for gpp, but I think can easily reach value for cash usefulness... James Starks.  $5500 price tag...put up 11.9 in first game back in a situation where Green Bay had to abandon the run early to play catch up ball.  I don't think that game script happens again this week against Washington.  I see Starks' workload increasing making a 2-3x return possible while freeing up dollars to be spent elsewhere.
I kind of agree with your take on Starks, and I did have him written down.  Unfortunately, I don't think GB is all that bright, and they really want to run the ball.  Wash has been run on this year as well.  However, that D is still beaten up, I think they lost somebody else last week, and isn't Wash surprisingly one of the better scoring Os in the league this year?  I could see this getting out of hand for GB again this week.  I really have lost confidence in them.  However, Starks does see work in the passing game too, so there is that as well. 

Maybe just as nuts, but I was eyeing the RB on the other side of the field in this one.  I wrote last week that GB's run D hasn't been as strong as advertised.  4 of the last 5 weeks now, they have given up at least 18pts to the other team's RB1.  Sure, they were better RBs, but even old man Gore got them for 60yds and 2TDs.  He is 100 cheaper than Starks, and Vegas predictions and team totals are on his side for this game.  Wash seems to want to give him 20+carries a game as well. 

Here's your gpp winner and I'm leaving $500 on the table.  Alternate gpp to the right.

Brees

DJ/Bell

Prosise

OBJ/Green

Hopkins/ARob

M. Thomas/Cooks

Reed/Bennett

Cantazaro

NO D

A couple notes I saw this week that I am passing on here. 

- when gronk was out earlier this year Bennett blocked more than he ran routes (remember week 1)?  This was with Jimmy G and not Brady so it's possible this is different but I don't think it's a slam dunk put Bennett in. 

- Data shows that 2nd division meetings usually have lower output than first meetings. I think this is from fantasy labs but can't remember for sure. Just something to keep in my when making gpp lineups. 

A couple notes I saw this week that I am passing on here. 

- when gronk was out earlier this year Bennett blocked more than he ran routes (remember week 1)?  This was with Jimmy G and not Brady so it's possible this is different but I don't think it's a slam dunk put Bennett in. 

- Data shows that 2nd division meetings usually have lower output than first meetings. I think this is from fantasy labs but can't remember for sure. Just something to keep in my when making gpp lineups. 
Good note on Bennett, and we should look into that more.  I took that more to be who they were playing, they were getting the OL clicking still, and Brady and the super quick release weren't behind center. 

Here's your gpp winner and I'm leaving $500 on the table.  Alternate gpp to the right.

Brees

DJ/Bell

Prosise

OBJ/Green

Hopkins/ARob

M. Thomas/Cooks

Reed/Bennett

Cantazaro

NO D
Nice- we are on the opposite side of the TNF game.  This is where I am at currently for the Thurs gpp:

Newton

L.Murray

R.Kelley

A.Brown

AJ Green

M.Thomas

G.Olsen

Boswell

Oakland

Thur-Mon Cash

Which do you prefer

Cam/DJ/Bount/AJG/Jordy/Royal/Benn/Prat/NYG-

DJ worries me a bit, the Ariz offense is struggling with TO and DJ is somewhat TD dependent of late, at Minn worries me

Cam/Prosise/Bell/Jordy/AJG/MThom/Benn/Prat/NYG-

I will get Blount/ABell exposure with my second Cash LU of Rogers/Bell/Blount/AB/CColeman/Meridth/Benn/Prat/NYG so

Thur-Mon Cash

Which do you prefer

DJ worries me a bit, the Ariz offense is struggling with TO and DJ is somewhat TD dependent of late, at Minn worries me

I will get Blount/ABell exposure with my second Cash LU of Rogers/Bell/Blount/AB/CColeman/Meridth/Benn/Prat/NYG so
I'd pick the second one. Really tough for me to trust Royal in cash and I think Min def is for real.

I'd pick the second one. Really tough for me to trust Royal in cash and I think Min def is for real.
Thanks for the comments and I am leaning towards the second one as well

With AJeff gone both Meridth and Royal get a decent bump and if you look at Royals numbers before his injury they were pretty good, at 5200 2X or 11 points isn't that far fetched

I have a good feeling about Detroit's offense this week.  How important is this?  If Ramsey was shadowing one of them, they are a complete no play?  Does Ramsey shadow someone every week?

With AJeff gone both Meridth and Royal get a decent bump and if you look at Royals numbers before his injury they were pretty good, at 5200 2X or 11 points isn't that far fetched
I think Zach Miller is where I am going if I jump back in on the Bears

I hear you, but we're talking about Cutler here who just threw 150-0-2 against TB (!) if you take out his pretty meaningless 50 yard hail mary.

I have a good feeling about Detroit's offense this week.  How important is this?  If Ramsey was shadowing one of them, they are a complete no play?  Does Ramsey shadow someone every week?
Over the last month yes, he shadows a teams #1 and yes, that is bad for that WRs production, the only player to have success was AJeff and that was only for the first half

Week 6-Chic AJeff 7-93-0

Week 7-Cooper 4-29-0

Week 8-Tenn- KWright 0-0-0

Week 9-Maclin 0-0-0

Week 10-Hopkins 5-48-0

I hear you, but we're talking about Cutler here who just threw 150-0-2 against TB (!) if you take out his pretty meaningless 50 yard hail mary.
I know it's not the best situation but its the best WR at my disposal getting the other players I want in that LU, thought about ABoldin but he will be up against Colvin and I don't like that, also thought about MLee but I'm a Jags homer so I fear that is my heart and not my head talking.

Thur-Mon Cash

Which do you prefer

I like the 2nd one better too at least for cash.

Here is my Oakheart Thu -Mon 

Cam

Bell. Murray 

Ginn. Green. Crabtree 

Green 

Prater

Raiders

I like the 2nd one better too at least for cash.

Here is my Oakheart Thu -Mon 

Cam

Bell. Murray 

Ginn. Green. Crabtree 

Green 

Prater

Raiders
I assume that's Demarco and not Latavius

L Green is a nice call, have him in a few GPP super stacks with Ben/AB and Ben/Bell

Raiders D, unwrap that for me?

Users who are viewing this thread