What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 12 (1 Viewer)

Anyway............Have a Great Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!!

It will be fun to watch. I hope someone on here gets a nice Thanksgiving Gift!!!!!

Tolzien is $5k--there are lots of scenarios where he gets to2x.
Oh for sure, but I still go back to 2x not being good enough on FD at QB, especially if 2x just means 10pts in this case.  What steered me away from him in the end for the most part is that I was able to get LUs together that I liked where I got Bell/Zeke/Brown in there plus any of Ben/Cousins/Dak.  I figured I would be going up against a lot of these, so if I think a 15pt game from Tolzien is a good outcome, I am still not sure that is good enough.  Add to that I don't know who you could confidently stack with him. 

All that said, I do see the WTF gpp appeal, and I used him in my Thurs-Mon because using him allowed me to get DJ/Bell + 2 high end WR/TEs I liked and I thought it was worth is.  Plus I remembered back to the week where my dud Geno Smith LU was the one that did well even though he got hurt and got people very little.

Thu only oakheart single entry $1

cousins

bell zeke

crowder Beasley  Jackson(or Patterson if out)

ebron

bailey

minn

thu-mon $1 mini squib

tolzein

Johnson  ajayi

cooper nelson edelman

allen

novak

buf

Good luck all and have a great Thanksgiving!!

If the Lions can win today it will be the 1st time in the teams history that they will be alone in 1st place on Thanksgiving

That's where I come out on Tolzien too. In the end, all he ended up doing was get my wr2 up to Hilton (a longshot play not in any other LUs) with Witten and Bailey comfortably fit in. That's worth a buck today.

That's where I come out on Tolzien too. In the end, all he ended up doing was get my wr2 up to Hilton (a longshot play not in any other LUs) with Witten and Bailey comfortably fit in. That's worth a buck today.
For sure worth a buck.  I would think it's going to be something odd that hits today and wins it. 

I have dug pretty deep on the high scoring teams mining possibilities  - Davis, C.Thompson, Green, Hamilton, etc..  No reason at all it can't be Tolzien/Hilton.  I would just be nervous putting him in anything more cash-ish just because of what I said - you can easily get all the studs in there plus one of the 3 big QBs. 

Didn't think the Thanksgiving slates would be so popular - looks like they are on Sweet Potato Dive #3.  Little smaller, but not I want to fill out a few more lineups ...

No real major strategy, but in this case if I just wanted to cash a 5050 this week, I'd be starting with Cousins, Bell, Elliott, Brown and Pitt.  Work your combos of the last 4 spots to what you like.

Personally trying to decide if I like Tate, Garcon, Rudolph, Prater OR Tate, Boldin, Witten, Bailey OR Crowder, Boldin, Rudolph, Bailey.
I meant, do I play it more like cash (since top half pays) and hope a lineup goes off, or do I build GPP-type lineups and accept the risk of a bad score?

Why does FD not offer a tournament with every wk 12 game? They do this with bball sometimes. They have a million different slates, but not a complete week slate. I don't get it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does FD not offer a tournament with every wk 12 game? They do this with bball sometimes. They have a million different slates, but not a complete week slate. I don't get it at all.
The quicker they can get your money turned the quicker they can rake you.

The quicker they can get your money turned the quicker they can rake you.
I'm playing Thu only and bigger contests anyway, so it's just annoying to not be able to use the early game in the full week. Making people play more than one contest in order to have a stake in every game is both petty and slimy.

In the FWIW dept .......... looking over some stats, for anyone throwing in Le'veon Bell, IND's run defense the last 4 weeks: 161 total yds on 48 attempts [3.35 YPC] & ZERO TD's.

He could have a decent game for season-long leagues; not using him at all in cash or GPP's today or the Thurs night to Monday night slates.

In the FWIW dept .......... looking over some stats, for anyone throwing in Le'veon Bell, IND's run defense the last 4 weeks: 161 total yds on 48 attempts [3.35 YPC] & ZERO TD's.

He could have a decent game for season-long leagues; not using him at all in cash or GPP's today or the Thurs night to Monday night slates.
Interesting stat.  I think what trumped not using him was:  he is so active in the passing game, and with Luck out I didn't really see what getting off Bell too much got me on the Thursday only slates.  If you got off Bell, I assume it's to use Bryant, T.Y. and/or Reed?  

Interesting stat.  I think what trumped not using him was:  he is so active in the passing game, and with Luck out I didn't really see what getting off Bell too much got me on the Thursday only slates.  If you got off Bell, I assume it's to use Bryant, T.Y. and/or Reed?  
Bryant & Reed, yes

I'm playing Thu only and bigger contests anyway, so it's just annoying to not be able to use the early game in the full week. Making people play more than one contest in order to have a stake in every game is both petty and slimy.
I believe these exact words are in their mission statement.

Anyone doing any good? 

My two best GPP LU's are setting at 123 with AB/PittD and 121 with Bell/PittD still left...........we shall see. 

Its really made it fun to watch the games today. I have 14 of my 20 LU's cashing right now all with over 100 points and either Ben, Bell, AB, Pitts D, or Eli left to play. 

I went all in on the Zeke/Bell RB combo in all 20 of my $2 Pecan Snap  GPP. I mixed 8 LU with Ben, 8 LU with Cousins, and 2 each with Bradford/Stafford.  I just couldn't justify not going with that RB Combo, they were/are both studs in premier matchups. Why dump them to be contrarian. 

I mixed and matched the WR/TE that I put with them. Pitt defense was in 16 of the LU's with Minn. in the other 4. I didn't go real crazy with any WR/TE picks either. Did take VD in a few TE spots, but Reed ended up doing better anyway. Rudolph was top owned TE, with Reed and Witten next. I did have Ebron in a few LU's. The funny thing is, I didn't have him in any LU's after I made all of them up, but went back in and put him in a few to exposure. 

Hope someone else brings home the big bucks, would love to hear one of our group win a Thanksgiving GPP. 

KarmaPolice said:
Well, winning LUs have Cousins/Zeke/Reed so far. 
Desean seems to be a wildcard, and Boldin.

Of course no Desean for me.  Too wrapped up in getting Crowder and Garcon in lineups, but Desean is what wins tournys.  Pretty disappointing considering I have a few lineups that are real close to a nice cash.

Don't think I'll have any huge scores but pretty much every lineup had a 4 of Cousins/Ben, Zeke, Bell, Brown, and Reed.  Have a couple with all of the above plus Bolden, T. Williams, and Prater but had to eat Washington D to fit all that in.  I'm pretty sure I'll get run down by some DJax owners at some point in time.

I have to admit...............Tolzien has really surprised me. I pretty much stayed away from him, but did have TY and Monc in a couple of LU along with Allen. No Gore for me, as I was all in on Zeke/Bell. I did probably have in the flex spot on DK though. 

BassNBrew you might be surprised when you see who you had with them. Seems like Boldin, Patterson, Eli, Garcon, were the lower end guys I had to use when I had Reed or AB in the same LU. DJax was right on the fringe also I believe. 

I have to admit...............Tolzien has really surprised me. I pretty much stayed away from him, but did have TY and Monc in a couple of LU along with Allen. No Gore for me, as I was all in on Zeke/Bell. I did probably have in the flex spot on DK though. 

BassNBrew you might be surprised when you see who you had with them. Seems like Boldin, Patterson, Eli, Garcon, were the lower end guys I had to use when I had Reed or AB in the same LU. DJax was right on the fringe also I believe. 
I was briefly in first place. Need a little more from brown to recapture first. But I think numerous guys with the Steelers defense are gonna run me down

Was all excited to check FD for once tonight and :shock: , I actually lost a couple bucks.  No surprise, but I guess everybody had the core guys that went off, and I just didn't have the right combo of other guys with them.  Missed the line with 3 LUs by less than 2 points too.  Actually had a Cousins/Zeke/Bell/Reed LU that didn't hit - that takes talent. 

Looks like the winning combo was a Washington mega stack with Cousins/Crowder/Jackson/Reed with the 2 stud Rbs + Prater and Pitts. 

Looks like the winning combo was a Washington mega stack with Cousins/Crowder/Jackson/Reed with the 2 stud Rbs + Prater and Pitts. 
Winner in the survivor was my lineup with Johnson/Reed instead of Crowder/Witten. I almost went w/ Rudolph instead. That choice cost me $247.00 X 2. 

Damn, Karma, that's hard to do. My Cousins/Zeke/Bell/Brown/Boldin/Crowder/Prater/Pitt was awesome. It was the Witten part of it that sucked. 
Yep, I was too much on Mr. Beasley on FD.  Sunk too low with the WRs and had Thielen, Rogers, and Beasley in that LU.  That would have been fine, but the big bust was mixing up Ks, and I had Adam V in that LU as well.  :wall:

On a streak like last year, where I am hitting a lot more on DK than FD, so I think I might have to focus on that more. 

Overall very happy Thanksgiving day for me............my family is awesome, the food was awesome, and............oh yea the football. 

Ended up killing my Mon/Thur cash game LU with a 155 score. (B-32 and W-182)

(First time I have ever played my Cash game strategy on that slate, just found a LU I liked)

Got a good start on my Thur/Mon cash LU with Bell and Pitt D. getting me a little above value.

Cleared $60 on my Thanksgiving GPP's. Had a chance to do better, but when they took the starters out in Pitt, that was it. Got my top finish ever in a GPP at 44th in the $1 Oakheart with a 168 score. My best LU had Bell with AB and I couldn't afford Reed also. The ones I had Reed, I didn't have AB in, and didn't get the right combo of other players. 

Also picked up 2 tickets to the Sunday Million ($50)

Overall a very fun Thanksgiving Day.........hope everyone else had one too........

Pretty good Thanksgiving here, 9 Gpp contests, $16 in and $48 out. Pumped for the slightly smaller main now. 

Woke up this morning to a nice surprise. I found out that I won another Sunday Millionaire Ticket (Total of 3 now) and 2 WFFC Tickets at $12 each. 

Honestly its just nice to get off my two week losing streak, I was getting pretty down.......but my outlook has changed now  :)  

Getting ready to start working on my 2 Cash LU for the Sun Only Slate and Sun/Mon.

-Wilson looks under priced again to me. 

-DJ and Ajayi look like shoe ins at RB

- I really like Ertz at TE on Sun/Mon slate, problem is I like J. Matt too. Not thrilled with any TE on Sunday Only slate, maybe Barnidge with McCown back there. I like Olsen, but don't know if I can fit him in. 

Seems I'm the only one who didn't win anything on the Thu only slate. Only did 1 lineup in the Oakheart and scored 126ish-- TE/K/D combo only got me 11 points :X

My Tolzein/Allen thu-mon mini squib is probably toast too

had everything but the Jackson part...  :(   This is why I do not like such small slates.  Such a fine line between pay day and squat.

Seems I'm the only one who didn't win anything on the Thu only slate. Only did 1 lineup in the Oakheart and scored 126ish-- TE/K/D combo only got me 11 points :X

My Tolzein/Allen thu-mon mini squib is probably toast too
Right there with you.  I lost $ yesterday. 

Any opinions on this LU?  I have been subpar at best lately, so really starting to second guess what I am doing.  As I looked at stuff, I kept moving to some of the cheap TEs for punting so I can get loaded up in all the other positions. 

Wilson

DJ/Gordon

Cooper/Edelman/Baldwin

Tye

Franks

Baltimore

Last few weeks Tye has averaged 6-7 targets a game, and usually good things happen when you target the Clev D with your TE.  There is a little wiggle room with the LU and could easily pivot to Ajayi/D.Murr or a cheap TE like Barnidge/Clay/McDonald.

166.06 (99 of 35294) in the Oakhart Squib yesterday.  Had Hopkins made all his field goals, I may have cracked top 3.

Any opinions on this LU?  I have been subpar at best lately, so really starting to second guess what I am doing.  As I looked at stuff, I kept moving to some of the cheap TEs for punting so I can get loaded up in all the other positions. 

Wilson

DJ/Gordon

Cooper/Edelman/Baldwin

Tye

Franks

Baltimore

Last few weeks Tye has averaged 6-7 targets a game, and usually good things happen when you target the Clev D with your TE.  There is a little wiggle room with the LU and could easily pivot to Ajayi/D.Murr or a cheap TE like Barnidge/Clay/McDonald.
I like the LU.  I have been playing with similar arrangements.  I am not a huge fan of Franks, but I suppose he is as good an option as any other kickers at that price point...Lambo, Gould, McManus may be others to consider there.

I have no problem with Tye, although my LUs currently have Walker or Gates at TE.  They cost more, however, which doesn't leave room for DJ without adjusting down elsewhere.

I still have Benjamin in my LUs...but he is not getting much love in the IVC which has me second guessing that move.

Wilson

DJ/Gordon

Cooper/Edelman/Baldwin

Tye

Franks

Baltimore

Maybe consider Cook at 4600.  I rolled with him for my thurs-mon so I could do Bell/Johnson. 

But I suck at DFS,  so just talking out my butt. 

Wilson

DJ/Gordon

Cooper/Edelman/Baldwin

Tye

Franks

Baltimore

FWIW, my first attempt at a cash Sunday only LU is very similar.

Wilson

DJ/Gordon

Edelman/Baldwin/Fitzgerald

Bennett/Gould/Saints

I started with Wilson/DJ/Gordon and used the IVC to solve for the rest.

all in on tolzien in the crossover.  didnt go well.  had the zeke/bell/brown/boldin/reed part but just couldnt get enough from qb.  sooo close too.  ty drops easy td, dorsett drops td, stumble and fall on the 2 on what could have been a td run.  wrs let him down but man did he have his chances.  this is how i run i guess.  congrats to everyone who did well.

edit: forgot chester rogers drops td.  but then again its not really his fault hes chester rogers.

I haven't put anything in FD yet, but when I was messing around with the IVC earlier I was coming out with similar LUs to the one above. Sounds like a lot of us are on the same page. I prefer not to get too comfy with LUs before reading Tip and Picks (while its for DK I think the crossover value is high) and Dodds article. 

I think I will be close to 100% DJ at 1pm and Main slates. For RB2, I definitely will have some Gordon and Jennings, and if I like how those LUs look those may be my 3 cash rbs this week. Maybe I'll decide on a 4th, but that's it. With the cost diff, it should allow different players at WE and TE.

Qb looks like Wilson and Brady to me. What I need to do is lock in a QB for 1pm, I'm not sold on any of them, suggestions welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread