What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 12 (1 Viewer)

Crap, put up 100 and 112 at 1pm and the latter danced around the cash cut lines. Luckily got a few. Worst 1pm showing in a while.

The main cuts look to be heading to a real low finish. That should help.

For all those TDs at 1pm, they were hard to get I guess. A lot of chalk struggled.

Note to self, pay for the consistent kickers wherever they are. Messing around with Gould's of the league is silly.

Tennessee_ATO said:
Buddy just texted me that he thinks Wilson dislocated the pinkie on his throwing hand. I'm not watching so I hav no idea. 
I think Carr did on his Center's ###.  Yes, it is that type of week....

For as bad as my lineup was this week (and it was bad), I would have cashed all 50/50's except for making the wrong choice on defense. Was between Buffalo and NYG. Picked wrong. Got lucky when Minn bailed me out last week so I can't complain too much. Back to the grindstone for next week.

Have 1 LU that is saving me so far this weekend. Scored 131 with my Palmer LU. Had DJ, and Matthews from Tenn. save me. Fitz and Tenn. defense laid an egg. 

My Sun/Mon LU still has a chance. Have J. Matthews and Cook playing tomorrow night. Giants/Evans/and DJ are saving me there. 

My Thur/Mon LU, which got off to a good start with Bell and Pitt defense, has crashed and burned at a 109 total. Although, that may win a little money also. 

Low scores for everyone I guess........

posted my worst LU ever today.  It seemed solid to me, only scored a total of 63.24 fanduel points..OMFG...Its not like I was the only person on these people....I would have had a better score just randomly picking players to throw in.....how...just how....

Russell Wilson 12.04   43.7% owned

Demarco Murray 10.09    14.7% owned

Jay ajayi 12.1     34.4% owned

Larry Fitz 7.3  29.4% owned

Doug Baldwin  6.9   56.6% owned

allen robinson 3.4  3.8% owned

Gary Barnidge 1.6   16.1% owned

Wil Lutz 7   7.5% owned

Bills 2     23.8% owned

Very low scoring week.  I was not impressed with my 2 LUs, but am surprised to see all my entries are currently in the money with just one game to go... Pay lines for all my 50/50s are only in the upper 80's/low 90's!!!  I have no Broncos or Chiefs, so I hope tonights game is low scoring!

Here is my other LU, Came in at 111.74.... currently sitting around 10-20 in all cash games with this..

Brady 19.04   2% owned

D. Johnson 26.1  64% owned

Rashad Jennings 6.9   10% owned

doug baldwin 6.9    65% owned

Michael Thomas  27.3   10% owned

Larry Fitz 7.3   39% owned

c.j. diedorowcz 6.2    13% owned

Nick Novak 8   1% owned

Titans 4   28% owned....

I'm not gonna cash my Brees lineup (91.2pts, right at the lines now).  On a low scoring week, and you get 30+ from your QB, that seems almost impossible.  He could have cost 11,000 and I would think I'd find a way to cash at these cut lines.  And yet I have a Wilson 116.  Bonkers.

I'm not gonna cash my Brees lineup (91.2pts, right at the lines now).  On a low scoring week, and you get 30+ from your QB, that seems almost impossible.  He could have cost 11,000 and I would think I'd find a way to cash at these cut lines.  And yet I have a Wilson 116.  Bonkers.
crazy you won't cash with brees

Well, seems like I say this every week - sitting at about -$30 here, and +$40 on DK.   Surprised my cash LU hit anything, but I am only about 1pt over the line, so not sure if something hits tonight if that moves and goes away.  I did have a Brady gpp hit cash line by a fraction that had Mitchell on it.  Also a Cam Car/Oak game stack that hit, but probably because that was the only LU I had the NYG D on.  I did not like them for whatever reason, and it just goes back to me whiffing on Ds and Ks a lot.

Well, seems like I say this every week - sitting at about -$30 here, and +$40 on DK.   Surprised my cash LU hit anything, but I am only about 1pt over the line, so not sure if something hits tonight if that moves and goes away.  I did have a Brady gpp hit cash line by a fraction that had Mitchell on it.  Also a Cam Car/Oak game stack that hit, but probably because that was the only LU I had the NYG D on.  I did not like them for whatever reason, and it just goes back to me whiffing on Ds and Ks a lot.
I flipped to Carpenter after reading Dodds' article.  You were on Franks earlier in the week.  Not sure if you stayed there, but at least he outscored Carpenter.  Kickers as a whole didn't seem to produce much today.

I flipped to Carpenter after reading Dodds' article.  You were on Franks earlier in the week.  Not sure if you stayed there, but at least he outscored Carpenter.  Kickers as a whole didn't seem to produce much today.
I did keep Franks in my cash LU.  I Mixed it up a little for gpp.  I do remember having 5100 left for a gpp and deciding between Tucker and Bryant and going Bryant. 

Turkey day saved this from being another losing week.   Outside of one line up i had in 2 gpp that finished decently i sucked... Again

I flipped to Carpenter after reading Dodds' article.
i did too, but that article also caused me to change to nyg d too!  small profit for the week.  had dj and nyg in my 1 cash lineup so i was an expecting an easy cash but with all my sea and ne players it ended up being a big sweat.

forgot to post cash game lineup and thoughts so a little late but here goes...

switched it up bc i had not been doing well in cash games (which ive killed over the last 2 years) and only played 1 lineup.  i felt like it would cause me to focus more on getting the correct players in and not just diversifying for the sake of diversifying.  anyway...

QB: wilson.  PLAY OF THE YEAR (of the week).  seriously though, idk how you could play anyone else.  same projection as the top guys but like 2/3 the salary.  what could possibly go wrong???

RB:  felt like this was a pay up for rb type of week.  for the entire week had ajayi/dj locked in but then at the last minute got worried about the mia o-line and the recent semi-improvement of the sf run d.  last minute switched ajayi out to rawls to capture ALL THOSE SEATTLE POINTS.  again what could possibly go wrong???  other guys i felt you could make arguments for but i couldnt put in bc of just 1 lineup: jennings, shady, gordon, murray.

WR: felt like tons of value in the mid tier guys so i immeiately ruled out top guys.  really wanted to get cooper into my lineup so he was the highest guy i was willing to pay up for.  paired him with edelman and baldwin but also loved fitz and thomas (who helped me cash the 1pm games).  was not high at all on parker or matthews like dodds.  just felt too risky for cash.

TE:  liked walker and graham but ended up going bennett bc it allowed me to get the wrs i wanted in there.  also thought gronk might be a decoy or just not play much at all.  will tye was kinda intriguing but ultimately i felt fine with my mid tier wrs so didnt care about the extra salary to cram a julio or obj in there or something.

K/DST:  tons of legit choices here.  ended up going carpenter/nyg thanks to dodds blogpost which worked out well.

thoughts/comments?

Good thing for Turkey Day, I agree with that.  

One of those Sundays where you go 1/5 on cash lineups but hit on some of the odd GPPs I put in.  Still sad about the jerky.

I will share my jerky with you Bobcat.  My Brees/Thomas/OBJ GPP LU was the only thing i did right. 
:hifive:

Actually if I had cashed that, I didn't have those lineups in any other contests, so I'd probably be really ticked right now if all I had to show for it was a bag of Chef's Cut.

Went with basically 1 cash lineup other than mixing up the TE,K,D. Only one that cashed or even broke 95 points had Eifert and Giants. Down $8.40 for the week unless Jordy puts up 50.

I'm a couple points off my worst cash score in 3 years. Brings me back to even for the year. Might withdraw and save myself a few weeks of torment.

Last edited by a moderator:
All things considered it ended up being a nice week for me on FD. The low cutoffs and nice Thanksgiving day wins helped a lot. My Sun Only Cash LU hit big for me with a score of 131. My Thur/Mon LU broke even, and my Sun/Mon LU won most of its games without totally hitting. 

I still haven't figured out why I am doing better over here, than on DK, but I am just going to keep plugging away. It was just the opposite the first part of the season. 

I suspect some of the variance is that the "Chalk" has been harder to find the last few weeks, and it is not hitting like it was early in the year. To me, that makes my weekly process even that much more important. 

On to week 13!

All things considered it ended up being a nice week for me on FD. The low cutoffs and nice Thanksgiving day wins helped a lot. My Sun Only Cash LU hit big for me with a score of 131. My Thur/Mon LU broke even, and my Sun/Mon LU won most of its games without totally hitting. 

I still haven't figured out why I am doing better over here, than on DK, but I am just going to keep plugging away. It was just the opposite the first part of the season. 

I suspect some of the variance is that the "Chalk" has been harder to find the last few weeks, and it is not hitting like it was early in the year. To me, that makes my weekly process even that much more important. 

On to week 13!
Evidently we switched places a few weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread