What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brand Spanking new ***OFFICIAL*** Ohio State Buckeyes thread! (2 Viewers)

Can everyone join me on the JT train now? ;)
Geez, honestly I'm not sure. There's no doubting his heart and he proved himself today. I just, oh man I don't know. He's so up  and down. 

Needed more Dobbins today and it wouldn't have been this close. 

OMG, I am almost 50, I’ve been a Bucks fan since Coach Hayes and this was one of the best comebacks I’ve ever seen.  Totally amazing!!!  O-H

Can everyone join me on the JT train now? ;)
Well you do have the rosiest glasses of them all.

He's an all time OSU great that also has had a tough time in some big games. Maybe not always his fault of course. He's also not as elusive post injury running with the rock and that's a huge part of our offense. Not debateable imo. He was outstanding today and that is what we have all wanted all along. 

You also predicted an OSU blowout (which it could have been) and I said OSU by 2 (albeit low scoring), so let's call it even! 

I was hoping for the reverse jinx thing earlier. But now, I truly believe the game is over. OSU coming up small again in a big game against a good opponent.
Glad my double secret reverse jinx came through!

I'm all seriousness, hope I can catch a replay. I had family over and had to switch the game when it was 28 to 20 and the wife updated me later that it was 35-20. That was the last I heard. Was totally shocked to get online afterwards and find they had one! I never expected the PSU defense to give up points like that.

What a game!  Had to stand, jump, pace, yell and scream during the last 10mins.

JT looked great and put the offense on his shoulders today.

Paris with the fumble never saw the ball again.

Lil Bosa taking on the QB and RB...and WON!

Defensive line was playing lights out.

Just a fun game. Where else do you see a team spot their opponent 14pts in the first 3mins of the game only to come back and win? Go Bucks!!! 

What a game!  Had to stand, jump, pace, yell and scream during the last 10mins.

JT looked great and put the offense on his shoulders today.

Paris with the fumble never saw the ball again.

Lil Bosa taking on the QB and RB...and WON!

Defensive line was playing lights out.

Just a fun game. Where else do you see a team spot their opponent 14pts in the first 3mins of the game only to come back and win? Go Bucks!!! 
Parris was taken to the locker room on a cart shortly after the fumble.

I'm surprised they didn't call targeting on that hit given how freely they typically call targeting. The PSU player clearly lowered his head to hit Paris with the crown of his helmet. 
Here is the NCAA targeting rule. There are two types of targeting: 1) making forcible contact with the crown of the helmet; and 2) making forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent. Note that the first type does NOT require the opponent be defenseless. Forcible contact with the crown of the helmet is targeting on any opponent if it there is at least one indicator of targeting. 

No player shall target and make forcible contact against an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul.

No player shall target and make forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent (See Note 2 below) with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul (Rules 2-27-14 and 9-6). (A.R. 9-1-4-I-VI)

Note 1: "Targeting" means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indicators of targeting include but are not limited to:

1. Launch—a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area
  2. A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground
  3. Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area
  4. Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet
Number 43 from Penn State clearly lowered his head before attacking Paris Campbell by initiating forcible contact with the crown of his helmet. This is why Paris got hurt and was knocked out of the game. I hope, perhaps due to the injury, that the NCAA reviews that play and ejects #43 from PSU for the next game. 

I never saw the hit on Parris. My buddy and I were wondering where he was too, so I found the info about him being carted to the locker room online.

ETA: Here it is. Can't really see anything definitive. https://youtu.be/rWC79pt6goo?t=93

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread