What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brand Spanking new ***OFFICIAL*** Ohio State Buckeyes thread! (1 Viewer)

Didn't Fisher just sign an extension? Not that I would be surprised to see booger eater move back to the NFL but this particular rumor makes little sense unless I am not correct on the Fisher thing.
And Fisher was just fired! Cannot believe they fired him after giving an extension like three weeks ago. scUM  nation has to be shaking in their boots now. I still do not think he will leave scUM yet but it would be awesome if he did. Harblow is obviously a good coach and will be tough to replace with the same caliber. 

So in the old Buckeyes thread, I detailed the computer room that my wife did for me, including an autographed photo of JT and Urban.  For Christmas, she added 3 more autographed photos.  1 of Braxton Miller, 1 of Ezekiel Elliott on one of his huge TD runs vs Oregon in the National Championship, and 1 with the 4 Heisman winners and their signatures - Hopalong, Archie, Eddie and Troy.  Very nice !

I COVET a signed photo of Curtis Samuel like this.  That is my next treasure.

Can't believe the Clemson DC is letting his players spout off to the media like they have been lately.  The following tweets are BB material for Barrett and the offense:

Bill Rabinowitz ‏@brdispatch  2h2 hours ago
Clemson safety Jadar Johnson said emphasis will be on containing J.T. Barrett as a runner. "I don't think he's a very accurate passer."

Tony Gerdeman ‏@TonyGerdeman  2h2 hours ago
"I'm not really strong on JT Barrett's arm." - Clemson safety Jadar Johnson. He also said they've definitely played better QBs than Barrett.

Johnson added that he thought Braxton Miller was a better passer than Barrett.

Jadar Johnson on Curtis Samuel: "I just don't think he's played a defense like we have yet."

I think it's funny that the Clemson DC has been using the 2014 Bowl Game between Clemson and OSU as a defensive plan with his team.  Different players.  Different coordinators.  Different offensive schemes.  Different strengths.  Different team.  But, hey, if this is how you do things.... :shrug:

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2016-fiesta-bowl/2016/12/78504/clemson-defense-drawing-heavily-on-schemes-from-2014-orange-bowl-matchup-with-ohio-state-to-prepare

The two teams meet in the desert on Saturday in the Fiesta Bowl as part of the College Football Playoff. Before the Tigers left for Phoenix on Monday, defensive coordinator and Broyles Award winner Brent Venables sat down with his current defense and hashed out the game film from that night in Miami. They needed to see what Miller, Carlos Hyde and others did to the Tigers.

“Our guys, when they watch stuff like that and see that paw on the side of the helmet, they relate to that. It's different than watching that happen to Wisconsin,” Venables said on Tuesday. “They get up on the edge of that seat when it happened to us in the Orange Bowl. That's why we watched it.

“We won the game—we're not sitting there watching all the great plays we made, that's not what we're watching. Here's how they got after us. Here's why that game was close.”

Both teams are very different now than when they met to close out the 2013 season. Miller, Boyd, Hyde and Watkins are all gone but the Tigers believe the schemes on Ohio State's current offense are in line with what they were then. The minds leading things now on that side of the ball are different than during that Orange Bowl game too, with Ed Warinner and Tim Beck teaming up with Urban Meyer this time around while Tom Herman ran the show three seasons ago.

But there is enough for Venables to pull out, slap on the bulletin board and get the attention of his current unit.

As disappointing as this is to end the season this way.... from the perspective of the 2017 season, this is probably the best way to end this "rebuilding year". 

This year this incredibly young team leaned how great they are, and ended the year by learning just how much more they have to learn. For the next 8 months these players are going to live with the sting of this loss... motivating them to not feel that way again in 2017. 

As disappointing as this is to end the season this way.... from the perspective of the 2017 season, this is probably the best way to end this "rebuilding year". 

This year this incredibly young team leaned how great they are, and ended the year by learning just how much more they have to learn. For the next 8 months these players are going to live with the sting of this loss... motivating them to not feel that way again in 2017. 
I'll take a kicker, please.  And an improved offensive line if that's not asking too much.  Oh, and a person that excels at offensive efficiency and offensive in-game adjustments (I could have a field day with the latter and this isn't the first time we've had to bring it up).  These, or the lack thereof, made Clemson's defense look much better than they really are.

Getting shellacked is never a good thing.

Well shoot that was rough. :shrug:  The team exceeded expectations and is young and will keep getting better.  Hate the fans that just go nuclear after a loss like this.  Enjoy the ride.  Something needs done in the OC area,  but just too young.  Great season.  Look forward to signing day to see how it all shakes out.

Well shoot that was rough. :shrug:  The team exceeded expectations and is young and will keep getting better.  Hate the fans that just go nuclear after a loss like this.  Enjoy the ride.  Something needs done in the OC area,  but just too young.  Great season.  Look forward to signing day to see how it all shakes out.
I'm with you but the shutout hurts.  With us and UM losing, the B1G will likely be looked at as overrated.  I can handle a loss but don't want penalties on the conferences hurting us next year.

I'm with you but the shutout hurts.  With us and UM losing, the B1G will likely be looked at as overrated.  I can handle a loss but don't want penalties on the conferences hurting us next year.
It is over rated

That was almost as bad as the Cooper days against scUM. Tough to watch, bowed out at the beginning of the 4th. 

Pleasssssse address the OC, QB coach and the WR coach!

Didn't even win their conference. ?
Get over it already.  That doozy of win vs Temple I kept hearing about a few weeks ago still looking good right now?  Was that because they won some lame conference and beat Navy?  What about that loss to the tough as nails Pitt team that almost beat Clemson?  All those teams are busy losing bowl games to even crappier teams.  Sorry it still stings, but Penn State was placed where they deserved to be.  Enjoy your game tonight, it's still the freaking Rose Bowl, and we'll see you in Columbus next year.

Get over it already.  That doozy of win vs Temple I kept hearing about a few weeks ago still looking good right now?  Was that because they won some lame conference and beat Navy?  What about that loss to the tough as nails Pitt team that almost beat Clemson?  All those teams are busy losing bowl games to even crappier teams.  Sorry it still stings, but Penn State was placed where they deserved to be.  Enjoy your game tonight, it's still the freaking Rose Bowl, and we'll see you in Columbus next year.
:lmao:

Can't believe the Clemson DC is letting his players spout off to the media like they have been lately.  The following tweets are BB material for Barrett and the offense:

Bill Rabinowitz ‏@brdispatch  2h2 hours ago
Clemson safety Jadar Johnson said emphasis will be on containing J.T. Barrett as a runner. "I don't think he's a very accurate passer."

"I'm not really strong on JT Barrett's arm." - Clemson safety Jadar Johnson. He also said they've definitely played better QBs than Barrett.

Johnson added that he thought Braxton Miller was a better passer than Barrett.

Jadar Johnson on Curtis Samuel: "I just don't think he's played a defense like we have yet."
Maybe this was less of a bulletin board issue and more an issue of Jadar being absolutely correct?

That was as pathetic a performance I've seen in a long while from this team.  OL was the main culprit.  Oh well.  On to 2017!

Would that be the Pitt team that beat Clemson by scoring 43 points?  You know, against the same defense that shut out their weak bowl game opponent?

Pitt offense versus Clemson: 43 points.  Ohio State offense versus Clemson: 0 points.  Want to go ask any Clemson player which offense was weaker?

And, yeah, Pitt lost its bowl game.  Of course, they played without their best DB, injured at the end of the season, they lost their All-American Guard to a leg injury in the first quarter, lost their All-American RB to a concussion in the first quarter (from a clear cheap shot) and played the 4th quarter with a freshman QB playing for only second time all year because their starting QB (who will probably be drafted next spring) got concussed (from a hit that should have been penalized, but wasn't) as well.  

So, keep taking shots at Pitt if that makes you feel better about OSU being exposed and  embarrassed.

Pitt offense versus Clemson: 43 points.  Ohio State offense versus Clemson: 0 points.  Want to go ask any Clemson player which offense was weaker?

And, yeah, Pitt lost its bowl game.  Of course, they played without their best DB, injured at the end of the season, they lost their All-American Guard to a leg injury in the first quarter, lost their All-American RB to a concussion in the first quarter (from a clear cheap shot) and played the 4th quarter with a freshman QB playing for only second time all year because their starting QB (who will probably be drafted next spring) got concussed (from a hit that should have been penalized, but wasn't) as well.  

So, keep taking shots at Pitt if that makes you feel better about OSU being exposed and  embarrassed.
OSU got spanked, I can live with that.  As much as I wanted them to win, I don't think I've ever taken a big game loss easier.  They were rightfully placed in the final top 4 and it didn't work out.  They didn't show up and were dominated.  I'll take the chance every year whether I'm the dog or the favorite, or the team kicking ### or getting crushed.  Play OSU/Clem back again next week and it could flip, or be triple OT, or whatever.  We've outlined many of the flaws OSU has in this thread and they came out in full force the other night.  Nothing special was exposed by Clemson, they kicked some ### one night.  Props to them.  It did give me more time to get into the New Years spirit and I started rocking some Phish NYE earlier than expected.  :thumbup:

I apologize, didn't mean to hurt any Panther fans feelings.  I like Pitt, they beat PSU...one of the many reasons why OSU had a shot at the title!

Looking forward to seeing a ton of commits in the Army HS all-star game.

What exactly are you confused about?  I think he's simply alluding to the fact that Ohio State routinely gets better recruits than Indiana.  Wilson did a fine job in Bloomington with what he had and now, if true, will have more/better pieces to work with.

What exactly are you confused about?  I think he's simply alluding to the fact that Ohio State routinely gets better recruits than Indiana.  Wilson did a fine job in Bloomington with what he had and now, if true, will have more/better pieces to work with.
Or perhaps he is referring to when he was a coordinator at Oklahoma,  in which case my comments stil apply. :)

:goodposting:

Wilson did a great job offensively with 2* and 3* recruits.  I'm anxious to see how he does with the talent that OSU brings to the table.  Package that with new QB coach (Ryan Day) and we have the workings of a new and innovative offense in 2017.  Looking forward to seeing what they bring to the table this year.

Am I crazy to think with these changes it's possible JT's job security is in question?  I know the brass loves Burrow and Haskins, and it's not like JT blossomed like many thought he would this season.  Urban is a loyalist for the most part though.  Probably hard to see JT not starting the season, but I wonder how short the leash might be.

Users who are viewing this thread